PDA

View Full Version : 80's Cartoon

KoshKoo
09-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Not going to count on the younger folks knowing these... Call it history... call it nostalgia... I still find them awesome even though corny.:hehehe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxamnEmIXog&feature=related

Oddly as far as I could recall I never really remember any of their endings:dies:
A total of 8 youtube clips on these folks, lets see how much of a cartoon addict you were. Let's start with clip 1:

1.M.A.S.K :I remember having a sticker book for this... and the cool toys too. :sweet:

2.Centurions: I always wanted those toys... never got my hands on them sadly. :sorry1:

3.Defenders of the Earth: Never seen this one... but the song is so 80's :evillaugh:

4.Wheeled Warriors: I remember this one as well, again it's one of those 'now how did it end?' kind. Definitely a Loli in there.

5.Visionaries: Once again another toy I wanted but never got, as well as the ending escapes me...:sorry1:

6.Transformers: Yes, they looked that awesome even now... :notagain2: I much prefered the Japanese spinoff that went 'transform! head on!' can't remember what those were... but those transformers somewhat needed humans as a head... :sweet:

7.The Real Ghostbusters: Awesome sauce!!! Now why are they called the 'REAL' Ghostbusters? Well because before them there were already a cartoon called The Ghostbusters... Another classic! I so love ecto 01 's siren!!! :evillaugh::evillaugh:

8.Danger Mouse : Now this one is... :dies: I've only read it's children books, never seen the cartoon.

9.Dungeons & Dragons: Now if only my Dungeon Master when I RP was that forgiving and nice... Never know how this one ended as well.

10.Madballs: The song I've heard, but when I saw this I was :dies:

11.The Telebugs: Never heard of them... were they the Teletubbies' cybernetic associate?

12.My little Pony: Well you have to give the girlies something to watch besides Barbie right? As a boy I refused to watch that :cries:

13.Ducktales: It's from Don Mickey's Disney, as you could see, animation wise Disney has the definite upper hand compare to the others.

So in part one my score was 8/13, if there's good respond to this thread, I'll continue the other parts... :evillaugh: What's your score?

AsmForever
09-26-2009, 02:10 PM
I think some of shows were never shown in Canada, where I reside.

The only shows that I've seen or know about are:
Dungeons & Dragons
My Little Pony
Ducktales
The Real Ghostbusters
Transformers

SebastianvonKane
09-26-2009, 02:15 PM
My favorite animated show ever is the Darkwing Duck although is more of the 90s.
I go for Duck Tales and My Little Pony.

TSR
09-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Heh heh. I remember we did something similar to this a while back.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90431

ja ne

KoshKoo
09-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Dude, that's about theme songs, not the cartoon contents itself, still it is a very useful link, and covers way more than the selected few.

On the other hand, that thread proves that thread can sink faster now.

robobunghole
09-26-2009, 04:41 PM
what no jem and the holograms?

Drastica
09-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Heh, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, I remember that one. Funny thing about that show, it's the roots for the show that became Babylon 5. Same producer/writer, J. Michael Straczynski, did both, and he admitted to placing references to the lightning league from Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors in Babylon 5....

june86
09-26-2009, 07:41 PM
whoa! one of them got that techno going on heheh catchy.

ebattleon
09-26-2009, 07:50 PM
You missed out

Tail Spin, you hurt Baloo:(
Star Blazers? Where is my wave motion gun
Thunder Cats. Poor Lionel you forgot him
Galaxy Rangers. Go on doc sprite him
Thunderbirds 2086. No quip here

Boy do i feel old:sorry1:

Alupihan
09-26-2009, 08:55 PM
arrrrgg! my childhood! now I feel older that I use to

playerdude
09-26-2009, 09:34 PM
i used to watch the centurions when i was little. reruns i think they were by the time i watched them. i grew more on the 90's cartoon shows though.
shows that were before the 80's though that i loved (still love):
mighty mouse
betty boop
little lulu
mickey mouse/donald duck
bugs bunny/daffy duck
woody woodpecker.
tom and jerry.