PDA

View Full Version : My Paper

ProcessedCheese
11-27-2009, 05:42 PM
So I got my essay back. :sick: I wasn't expecting much cause I wrote it the night before but... Does it really deserve a D??? D = 50%
What would you give it :(?
Edit: Shit I forgot to erase my student number and stuffs... Nuuuuuu I hope none of you saved it.

robobunghole
11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
So I got my essay back. :sick: I wasn't expecting much cause I wrote it the night before but... Does it really deserve a D??? D = 50%
What would you give it :(?

if you really think its a good idea to ask the people of HF to grade your homework than you prob deserved worse than a d

TenguSan
11-27-2009, 05:47 PM
what are the requirements of the essay, and what was expected for you to write about and/or answer in the essay?

Soultaker2023
11-27-2009, 06:39 PM
what are the requirements of the essay, and what was expected for you to write about and/or answer in the essay?

I'm sure logic is involved, let someone more qualified help. =D

TenguSan
11-27-2009, 06:47 PM
only in your own mind soul :XD:

Edit: ^_^; i guess soul is banned now

SniperTak
11-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I read it, and id give it an F.

Kamigoroshi
11-27-2009, 07:15 PM
It's clearly worth of an 6-. And no, we don't have the letter rating system over here.

ProcessedCheese
11-27-2009, 07:29 PM
if you really think its a good idea to ask the people of HF to grade your homework than you prob deserved worse than a d
That makes no sense... Asking someone to grade a paper on some anime forum does not relate to the quality of the paper. I don't care if it's a good idea or a bad idea, that's fucking subjective. Considering that there's a club for writers on HF, I was hoping to get some feedback from them, I don't see why I would deserve an F for asking for feedback.

6-???

And Super, why would you give it an F? You don't even know the criteria. If you're saying my writing sucks... then sure that's your opinion, but you can't really give a grade if there's no criteria.
I added the criteria, ignore the first half of it.

SniperTak
11-27-2009, 07:42 PM
That makes no sense... Asking someone to grade a paper on some anime forum does not relate to the quality of the paper. I don't care if it's a good idea or a bad idea, that's fucking subjective. Considering that there's a club for writers on HF, I was hoping to get some feedback from them, I don't see why I would deserve an F for asking for feedback.

6-???

And Super, why would you give it an F? You don't even know the criteria. If you're saying my writing sucks... then sure that's your opinion, but you can't really give a grade if there's no criteria.
If you wanted me to grade you based on the criteria, you shouldve provided a criteria. Otherwise, you cannot complain when i grade it based on my own criteria. Hence, your mistake, sir.

helixfire
11-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I'll give you an A, but you will never see you essay ever again.

robobunghole
11-27-2009, 08:10 PM

6-???

the fact your asking people on a anime forum to grade a paper you wrote at the last minute and got a bad grade on could be seen as suggesting you fail to take your classes/homework seriously much less put any effort into them

ProcessedCheese
11-27-2009, 08:15 PM
^
I still don't see why asking an Anime forum to grade my paper relates to the quality of my paper. But yeah, the fact that I worked on it at the last minute can show that I don't try hard.

If you wanted me to grade you based on the criteria, you shouldve provided a criteria. Otherwise, you cannot complain when i grade it based on my own criteria. Hence, your mistake, sir.

Kay, agreed. Can you grade it again please :)? So far, grades are F, 6- and an A.

KuriosAkantha
11-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Ok, if you're in high school, it's maybe a C+ or B-. (Because HS in the Western Hemisphere except for 2 or 3 schools, have no standards)

But for college it's understandably a D, and for grad school it would be a definite F.

There are waaaay too many generalizations, not only about present societies and their values, but also about the cultural values of audiences and readers in antiquity. To a hardcore literature professor, it would infuriate them.

This alone undermines the vast majority of any possible arguments you make. Statements should be supported, at best with citations from published text, there are too many that aren't supported by anything, not by textual evidence nor by well-known academic consensus.

As a literature enthusiast myself I couldn't stand to read more than a paragraph's worth per page without wanting to kill something. Sorry.

ProcessedCheese
11-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Kk thanks, 2 F's, A and 6-.

robobunghole
11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
^
I still don't see why asking an Anime forum to grade my paper relates to the quality of my paper. But yeah, the fact that I worked on it at the last minute can show that I don't try hard.

Kay, agreed. Can you grade it again please :)? So far, grades are F, 6- and an A.

if you cared enough to try harder next time
you would be asking a teacher or a tutor not the people you'll find here
what we say is worthless

ProcessedCheese
11-27-2009, 08:41 PM
My TA graded it, so there'd be no reason to ask her again. She gave me feedback, I just wanted more. It's not worthless, Kurios pointed out a lot of flaws which my TA also picked up. But I guess it would make sense to ask my professor instead.

Juas
11-28-2009, 04:00 AM
In fact what deserves an F is you, in life. Not that essay.

Alupihan
11-28-2009, 05:35 AM
I'll give you a B...but next time please dont rely too much on random references, sometime you just need to tell personal experiences.

canthics
11-28-2009, 11:49 PM
doesn't seem so bad to me, unless this was a a term paper or something. in undergrad i don't think there is a viable way to write a paper than the night before. at least, no one does it any other way.

in my experience, just because something is written the night before doesn't make it lacking in quality. in fact, I've found that that the sense of urgency generates a certain creative tension that really heightens one's ability to spout magnificent reams of utter bullshit that nevertheless forces the prof. to adjust the curve.

in short, chalk it up to not doing the real work, which has nothing to do with the paper itself: figuring out what makes the grader tick and building the entire thing around that.

D0rYn
11-29-2009, 11:18 AM
I read the essay, and it's pretty good. In my opinion, the simple fact that you used your precious time to do this when you could have done various other things makes your work worthy of an A (or a 10).

robobunghole
11-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I read the essay, and it's pretty good. In my opinion, the simple fact that you used your precious time to do this when you could have done various other things makes your work worthy of an A (or a 10).

:foyourinfo:stay in school boys and girls cause not all plumbers end up like Mario

ebattleon
11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
:foyourinfo:stay in school boys and girls cause not all plumbers end up like Mario

So sadly true.

PC you should have stuck with one story and that would have made a better essay. As it is your wandering about and seem to be looking for and idea. The essay is balanced upon not your opinion but how you defend it. It is an argumentative essay and you failed to defend your argument because you did not build your house well. I short you deserved the D, put some more effort into your work and you get better grades.

You have the potential but if you do not give a damn about the subject why even bother being in college in the first place. Less HF and more books may be in order here.

Shinji Ikari 1C
11-29-2009, 07:52 PM
your essay lacks a lot
you did not really follow the title of it, in the last part there is not a signel word about rebellion
and your point of view is not clear, one time you say that you value family more than a whole nation
then you say, obeying the king is better than to help a family member
you say though, that you are an atheist, however antigone was not an atheist, you have to view it from antigone's eyes

honestly, you can be lucky you got a D

D0rYn
11-30-2009, 01:04 AM

I agree, maybe the essay could have been better, but in an environment where most people usually don't give a damn about school (like in my country), such an essay would definitely get a high grade.