PDA

View Full Version : Steam

Kouji-kun
02-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Does anyone know if I can tie my boxed PC games to Steam so that I don't have to put in my damn CD everytime I try to run the game? Like I know for some old games that aren't on Steam may not be an option (like my BF2142), but what about newer releases like ME2? I bought it on disc and I wanna tie it to an online service because I don't wanna do the disc check with my shitty disc drive that has an 85% chance of not reading the disc at all.

If so, how?

ebattleon
02-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Why don't you copy the disc in iso format and mount them virtually via daemon tools?
It works but you may need to reinstall.

Kouji-kun
02-12-2010, 05:28 AM
Why don't you copy the disc in iso format and mount them virtually via daemon tools?
It works but you may need to reinstall.

1) I think there is a disc integrity check that won't fool SecureROM
2) Reinstall? Why?
3) If there is a more elegant solution (i.e Steam) then I'll take it. If not, then too bad.

omegafinal
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Here.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

On a technicality, you can add non-Steam games into your games list, but it merely acts as shortcuts for the most part. You do get the Steam overlay and be able to chat with your friends on it. There are also NO-CD/DVD executable files, but that is as far as I'll say. Yeah, I hate having to put my disc in the tray every time I want to play a game while everything's installed in the hard drive.

Alex ZF
02-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I think there were an option on steam to tie your games that you bought on discs to your account...
havent tried it anyway...
give it a shot...

Blazing Phoenix
02-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Try the "activate game on steam" button in the "My Games" tab. I've read that you can tie retail games to your steam account that way by inputting the activation code that came with the game.