PDA

View Full Version : best fighting style

superotaku
03-30-2005, 02:13 PM
What is the best fighting style? personally i have two choices
1) Jeet Kun Do- theoretically the best since it is forever adaptive to any situation regardless
2) Beserker- The timeless crazy fighting style guaranteed to scare(?)/defeat any foe with murderous intent

nick64
03-30-2005, 02:34 PM
though not the best. i used to do Wing Chun, which is my style of fighting (very defensive type)

and as you said theoretically, JKD is the best because it requires you to adapt to certain situations. I think as Bruce Lee said, 'When water is poured into a cup, it becomes the cup'

toyota
03-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Tai Chi. Why? Because my kung fu is better than yours.:p Actually it's because of the health benefits -- lower blood pressure, strong legs, relaxing movements and healthy joints. Plus as a martial art, it is considered one of the highest levels in the martial art world. Tai Chi never uses force against force. The Chinese refer to Tai Chi's fighting strategy as Wise Force.

BOiNG!
03-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Hit & Run, chicken style. Always work, always annoying.

alivenwell
03-30-2005, 03:17 PM
My opinion Jeet Kun Do, as Bruce Lee made it famous! However, the best fighting style is created by Wong Fei Hung, or rather his fighting style - he was famed for his skill in Hung Kuen. He had mastered the Iron Wire Fist, Five Forms Fist, Vanquishing Fist, and and of course the most famous was the Drunken Fist and the Shadowless Kick (it is said that the shadowless kick could never be learnt by anyone else, it is recorded that this kick destroys all the main organs in a human body, the heart would be fine, it is said he would only use this move against the evilist of all opponents where they would endure the last moments of their lives in suffering pain)

dragon001
03-30-2005, 03:24 PM

LOL :D ...........but, Jeet Kun Do, i think is the best overall

evilwhat
03-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Crazy fight (www.digitalcatalyst.net/pn/video/crazyfight.wmv) by far.

BOiNG!
03-30-2005, 05:26 PM
What the hell is that?! LOL! :D And I thought I just downloaded the wrong clip or somethin' (thought it was a clip from a mental institute). It's like someone just went bonkers & go ape-crazy (actually, most apes are much more civilized that that).

DEPuTkaL
03-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I'd like to know what fighting style is being taught in this video :P

http://www.wimp.com/harsh/

AzureDragoon
03-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Probably with a gun?, that would sure make it easy... haha

PrinceKr85
03-30-2005, 05:45 PM
there is no "Best" fighting style, in reality...
anyhow... i use a combination of Hap Ki Do (Way of the combined power/energy... i found this out while translating the equivelant chinese characters ^^; ), Tae Kwon Do (which i really don't find useful....), Street fighting, and various weapons training that i have taken over the years :D

i guess in the end it's kinda my own fighting style that i don't like to show off ^^;

chompy
03-30-2005, 05:46 PM
well...that video could be anything. i am no expert.

i like to think it's Aikido though.

my favourite style is ninjutsu.

i would learn it too if i were really small and of samurai-class in 17th century japan...

..but alas...

Raven18940
03-30-2005, 06:26 PM
marksmanship :D

The Unknown 24
03-30-2005, 06:40 PM
The joke use to be :

Gun Fu, just pull out the Gun and shoot!

but the truth I'd say there really is no ultimate fighting style. all the martial arts come from Kung fu. It is up to how good the person develops their skills, but remember every person's skills are different.

but if a person is going to use the martial arts for just straight out fighting(fighting just to be fighting with no purpose) they truly don't deserve to be taught it. the martial arts should be for defense only!!!

The Unknown 24

:) :mad: :)

Mai Tokiha
03-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Ah, the famous "chicken on Lsd" fighting style :D

PrinceKr85
03-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Ah, the famous "chicken on Lsd" fighting style :D
lol... that's exactly what i was thinking... just couldn't put it into words ^^;

breaks
03-30-2005, 09:43 PM
(http://www.kungfu-wusu.com/)

I want to learn eagle claw though (http://www.yingjowpai.com/). Stupid sifu costs 130$ a month though, so much. It wouldn't be worth it now neway, going 2 college soon.

Tenshiken
03-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Tai Chi. Why? Because my kung fu is better than yours.:p Actually it's because of the health benefits -- lower blood pressure, strong legs, relaxing movements and healthy joints. Plus as a martial art, it is considered one of the highest levels in the martial art world. Tai Chi never uses force against force. The Chinese refer to Tai Chi's fighting strategy as Wise Force.

I second Tai Chi. For the reasons above and also because there are enough weapons adaptations of it the possibilites are neigh limitless. Tai Chi Spear for one (learning right now)

And don't be fooled with the stuff you see old people do at parks, traditional Tai Chi can do some real damage in a tight bind. Taking some elements of it and adding it to a speed oriented style would also be useful IMO, though you loose central harmony and whatnot, it's a good tradeoff.

PrinceKr85
03-31-2005, 09:41 AM
And don't be fooled with the stuff you see old people do at parks, traditional Tai Chi can do some real damage in a tight bind. Taking some elements of it and adding it to a speed oriented style would also be useful IMO, though you loose central harmony and whatnot, it's a good tradeoff.
Yes.. there definately is a difference in aerobic tai chi and the traditional defensive/offensive tai chi...
however, there is one problem in tai chi.. it is primarly a defensive art... and when you go to do damage..... you use the gathered energy that you gained by defending and shifting your position to do as much damage as you can in one hit... therefore, if you miss it...you leave yourself wide open.... i have actually witnessed it be done and it wasn't pretty. ^^;
the only thing i would say is to learn another martial art... one that takes adantage of smaller hits, and combine them, or something like that ^^;

S&T Kawaii Love
03-31-2005, 09:50 AM

Hehe agree with that. I am also not a fighting person. Allthough I do Karate I rather avoid a fight.

PrinceKr85
03-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Hehe agree with that. I am also not a fighting person. Allthough I do Karate I rather avoid a fight.
heh... i'm of the same thought... i have a 3rd degree black belt in hap ki do... but i'd rather see myself get hurt a little than get into a fight... the only time i would seriously use it would be if i were in a situation where i would get hurt alot (i.e. broken bones, alot of blood, ect.) or in a life or death situation...

i don't like hurting people, or seeing blood ^^;
which is funny, since i know how to use all these weapons that draw blood from your opponent ^^;

S&T Kawaii Love
03-31-2005, 10:19 AM
heh... i'm of the same thought... i have a 3rd degree black belt in hap ki do... but i'd rather see myself get hurt a little than get into a fight... the only time i would seriously use it would be if i were in a situation where i would get hurt alot (i.e. broken bones, alot of blood, ect.) or in a life or death situation...

i don't like hurting people, or seeing blood ^^;
which is funny, since i know how to use all these weapons that draw blood from your opponent ^^;

hap ki do that's amazing :eek: . You are very good in fighting Prince :) wow you know how to use weapons. I haven't even seen a gun or sword for real. Let alone use one :D .

horondo223
03-31-2005, 02:34 PM
I take Kenpo (mix of various styles), and so far it is my favorite.

Yeah, I don't think there is a best fighting style. It all depends on the person and how they use their style/styles.

PrinceKr85
03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
hap ki do that's amazing :eek: . You are very good in fighting Prince :) wow you know how to use weapons. I haven't even seen a gun or sword for real. Let alone use one :D .
Thanks ^^;

I'm a military kid, so i've been surrounded by guns and swords for almost all my life ^^;

my dad would take me to the military exhibitions and stuff, so i would pick up M16s and M4s (Stinger Missile Launchers are heavy ^^; ) and take a peek inside APCs and Tanks, it was fun :D

but i prefer unarmed combat than to draw a gun and end it with a single lead bullet... less exercise to do the latter ^^;

I.Died.Once
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
There is no such thing :)

crucif-X
03-31-2005, 03:29 PM
I second Tai Chi.Yep, I'll third that motion.

however, there is one problem in tai chi.. it is primarly a defensive art... and when you go to do damage..... you use the gathered energy that you gained by defending and shifting your position to do as much damage as you can in one hit... therefore, if you miss it...you leave yourself wide open.... i have actually witnessed it be done and it wasn't pretty. ^^;
the only thing i would say is to learn another martial art... one that takes adantage of smaller hits, and combine them, or something like that ^^;How about Drunken Taichi?! :D I think that would be the perfect marriage. Taichi has a strong emphasis on the balance of opposites, whereas drunken boxing gives off a perceived imbalance and unpredictability of movements while at the same time, maintaining control of one's movement.

breaker0
03-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Hmm I was gonna say something about Iaijutsu, but after the Chicken on LSD fighting style, i'm no longer so sure of my answer....

PrinceKr85
03-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Yep, I'll third that motion.
How about Drunken Taichi?! :D I think that would be the perfect marriage. Taichi has a strong emphasis on the balance of opposites, whereas drunken boxing gives off a perceived imbalance and unpredictability of movements while at the same time, maintaining control of one's movement.
somehow, i don't think drunken taichi is going to work... something in my gut tells me that...^^;

someone was telling me this at school... but if you were to follow up on the "one hit" in taichi with a bunch of combinations as well... then you can acheive quite a bit... :D

i like hapkido better anyway...

to be honest, though, the only way that you can really learn a martial art/fight is by repeatedly getting into sitations like that (in martial arts, we call it sparring, though...) im my case, we had no armor, full contact sparring.. (i got kicked in the neck once, so i cover there pretty well now, thanks to getting hit... it was a side kick btw..... lol )

aldrol
03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
As has been stated many times before, there is no "best" combat style, actually, I take that back, there is a "best" combat style, its called nuking the hell out of your enemies before they can nuke you :P. As for weaponless fighting styles, it depends on what you want to do, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has some of the best submission moves in my limited experiance (although it has almost nothing else), and Muay Thai has some pretty powerful strikes (although if someone manages to take the fight to the ground Muay Thai offers you next to nothing). Krav Maga is better though if you want to seriously hurt or kill your opponent as Muay Thai merely focuses on dishing out (and taking) as much pain as possible.

PrinceKr85
03-31-2005, 04:27 PM
You may be right... but ya know... i know of all that... every other martial art has the their own Proficiency...
i just commented that you would have to combine alot of them to get the "best" fighting style...

i chose hapkido for two reasons... (1) it offered a mix of everthing: submission, breaking out of submission, kicks, punches, weapons, grappling, and 1 hit kills (yes, i seriously mean it... i was taught a few... ^^; )
(2) my mom made me ^^;

but being in hapkido also taught me that there is more than one way to go about things, hence there really isn't a "best way" to do things... that applies to fighting...

anyhow... i went on a tanget and forgot about what i was going to say... so i'll stop here and post what i was thinking when i remember ^^;

Mai Tokiha
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Enemies beware, I know Tai Ginseng! :D :D :D

InitalG
03-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey, everyone... To add to all of this discussion about martial arts, I think that Pankration is probably the best martial art there is... Many of the UFC fighters do that and it combines every aspect of fighting (punching, kicking, elbows, knees, takedowns, striking on the ground, positioning, and submissions). I don't think you could go wrong with that... But then there's Dim Mak... But what do you think? Pankration or what?

alexxxx
03-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Gracie jiu-jitsu :P

h8geeks
03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
This thread made me crack a smile. There is no "best" fighting style, and martial arts are absolutely 100% useless. I've actually seen a self-proclaimed karate man (pretty much like you guys) get his ass handed to him by an aggressive attacker. Ever hear of street fighting? Well, in a street fight, your opponent doesn't wait for you to set up a stance. He'll grab the nearest weapon and throw it at your face, and then he'll grab your balls and punch you in the stomach. Believe me, that's how it goes.

And JKD doesn't teach you anything but common sense. If you need to be taught common sense, there's a good chance it won't do you any good.

Fillinthe_____
03-31-2005, 08:51 PM
the person with the most strength and the biggest intent will always win.
on a lighter note, in a fight, it doesnt matter which fighting style, the winner is the one with more experience and knows how to handle certain situations.

Tigerofthewind
03-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Shaolin Kung fu is the best martial arts in my opinion. The second is Muay Thai with a combination from other martial arts like throwing techniques from (was it Judo or Jui Jitsu?), some dissabling techniques from Krav Maga and maybe some other things but I really can't think of anything right now.

I don't think it's true that the person with the most strength will always win. Bruce Lee could've probably kick the crap outta alot of big guys.

dots
03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
tai-chi ... cuz u dun have to be big sized or strong to win a fight

InitalG
03-31-2005, 10:39 PM
True enough, that fighting is still fighting and a gun will beat an empty handed attacker, but the truth still can't be denied. If two people of equal strength and body start fighting, who would come up on top? The one with the better mentality, correct? A good mentality comes from experience, does it not? The more of these types of situations one's been in, the better prepared they are in such a situation. Martial arts is a means of physical and mental conditioning. You learn the best possible techniques to incapacitate your opponent. Both your mind and muscles become exposed to having your life in danger, so that you could handle the situation as best as you could. Street fighting, brawling, pure violence... Whatever... By itself, is quite a force, no doubt. But combine it with the refinement of martial arts and what you really have is a weapon, rather than just wild nothings. And just like what I had said to begin with, a gun or a weapon vs. nothing but rage and instinct. What do you think?

Keep in mind that I only defend true martial artists of real martial arts. Sure, you could be a 4 degree black belt of karate or TKD or JKD or Capoeira or Wu Shu or whatever... It really isn't the belt or level that makes you a "real" martial artist, it's actually what you've been able to draw from your trainings. A self-proclaimed expert who sped through a martial art system only to get the label of master vs. someone who had been doing basic training every single day for 20 years of his life... One is obviously on a different level than the other. That's something that people need to understand about a martial artist. I mean, if you take someone like... Oh... Jean Claude Van Dam and pit him with... Oh... Tito Ortez of UFC fame... What do you think the outcome would be? Why would that be since they both are "expert" martial artists? It's because of the quality of the training, you see? I hope I've been able to enlighten a few out there about this...

bigkay85
05-18-2005, 07:56 PM
I Think Kick Boxin Is The Best Fightin Style I Believe ;) And Hit And Run:)
I'M THAI BY THE WAY

Zapper216
05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
like I said in the fav fight style thread Xiao Xiao

Neo Zeed
05-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Without a doubt... Tai Chi (it is the grand ultimate for a reason). Tai Chi is one of the few internal martial arts. Most people focus on external motions which are nice but mastering the chi/ki itself is where it's at. Chi attacks are the most powerful/devistating attacks period.

Universal Energy>Matter

InitalG
05-20-2005, 12:50 AM
I think the internal martial arts are probably the way to go in the long run. Though things like Tai Chi and Qigong just aren't deep enough to be considered truly the best of the best. Beyond all shadow of a doubt, Dim Mak is as far as you can possibly go within the internal martial arts. I mean, come on, they call Dim Mak, "The Delayed Death Touch", you really can't go wrong with that. With Dim Mak, they used the same energy principle in all internal martial arts and combine it with accupuncture theory. Therefore, what you have is a martial art that disrupts the "harmony of energy" within an opponent through the use of "sudden violent techniques" upon pressure points on the body. In essense, it's reversed accupuncture, where instead of healing the body through harmonizing the flow of yin and yang energy between the 5 elements, you are disrupting it and causing incredable damage to all systems of the body. It would only take a fraction of a second to hit multiple pressure points in the body to do nightmarish damage to the body.

So, what do you think of that?

7amood
05-20-2005, 12:13 PM
anybody heard about Jui-Jetsu
I think this is a really interesting self-defence fighting style
I hope I can learn some this summer

Faylar
05-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Tai Chi and it's many variations (drunken and maybe 'pi pa quan'). It's movements are just so....fluid, using one's force against one another, plus also for health purposes.

Rigby
05-20-2005, 01:47 PM
A fight is physical conflict with the aim of defeating the other opponent. Therefore I would say a good ole Accuracy international AS50 .50 cal long range anti sniper rifle. Sniping in other words. Either that or a submachine gun for close quarters, unless you are the mother f'in chosen ones who can catch bullets with his toes :D

darkelemental1
05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I enjoy Tessenjutsu (the art of the war fan) as its both defensive and offensive. Also an added benefit is that it is one of the few weapons that can be worn in public without causeing much of a fuss.

necronzero
05-20-2005, 03:30 PM
I practice Ninjutsu and I Ki Do they are awesome and I think they are the best fightin styles

zappa
05-22-2005, 04:18 AM
if gun-kata was real i'd probably be pretty cool

and also alot more practical in modern warfare

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/willdanceforcash/equilibrium8.jpg

Jesse R
05-22-2005, 11:22 AM
id have to say muai tai, its a brutal style :P

shintai_88
05-23-2005, 09:51 AM
The best fighting styles of my choice that is unarmed combat is:
Tai chi Quan