PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Frustration?

Lisa Hayes
08-30-2010, 06:13 AM
You know, emotion is a very powerful thing. We try to control it, but it reality, it controls us. The world would be a better place if people have no emotions... (but we already know what kind of place it will be, due to a certain anime movie which i'm quite sure most have seen it).
But anyway, we all have a section where we can pretty much pour out our emotions, for others to scrutinize.

But let's deal with one emotion: FRUSTRATION

Right now, i'm currently not frustrated with anything. But i am frustrated with a lot of things.
I'm frustrated with my government. That i sometimes wish all of them would disappear and be replaced with people who have decency.
I am frustrated that i'm already 28, and i have yet to achieve my dreams. Goals? Check. but dreams? ah-uh..
I am frustrated that i foresee no possibility of promotion on my current job. It can deliver me longterm, but promotions? I don't think so. Since it requires technical skills which happens to be my specialty.

Oh, and frustration is very different from disappointment. While these two are closely related, they are different altogether.

What's your frustration lately?

rbp
08-30-2010, 06:26 AM
You know what Lisa... that's remarkably like how I feel...

...though right now my political frustration is more a lack of anything happening, rather than concerns about the quality of what's happening... course... we are only a few months into a new government...

There is a "promotion" coming my way in just over a year's time (assuming I survive that long...) but... that's double edged... because the promotion is mandatory... and that makes me more expensive to employ (the firm has to pay for my practice certificate/license)... and in this profession there's always another impending doomsday just around the corner...

But right now... I have no dreams and worse than that... very little I can actually label as even a desire... it's all just the wheel spinning right now... that's quite frustrating...

Lisa Hayes
08-30-2010, 06:45 AM
hehe. how can i be not frustrated to the government?

i'm sure people all over the world heard about the recent tragedy that befell on the chinese tourists that was hijacked by a common police officer in a bus.
There were lots of "what if's" thrown around after the bloodbath, and look what it did to the image of the Philippines?!
It makes me sick watching the media that i never watched tv after that.

yazoo09
08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
im frustrated that stds exist :sick:

Haika
08-30-2010, 08:04 AM
can't really call it frustration,.... more like annoying
the fact that all humans are sleeping for 1/3 or their life (usually 8 to 10 hours is normal)
the fact that you use up a 15% of your life learning stuff that you will forget about the day your out of school
that unlimited haku=men is so OVERPOWERED
that my number 1 dream will never be realized

Sunakujira
08-30-2010, 08:33 AM
for now i dont feel frustrated about anything
a bit annoyed by knowing that the book i want to read are only out next year
a bit annoyed at work by the way the ass. sales supervisor act all high and mighty and bragging about his stuff
a bit annoyed by roommate the fact that he pay the rent late and almost got me kicked out
other than that, all's right with the world

darkandshadow
08-30-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm frustrated with my government too adding in that new HST tax.
Makes you pay more in the services, and just a little less for a
couple of other things. But it shot gas up another 7 cents a litre >=(

On that note of finances, I'm actually angered that my car insurance
hasn't gone down, even though I'm a clean driver. Time to start
shopping again...

rorozoro
08-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Hmm I'm frustrated with the fact that I live in a place where I can't do almost anything and that lead me to a lazy slacking atitude, which I can't seem to get rid of..What can I say, I get bored fast, can't wait to go to college...

HiguraShiki
08-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm frustrated on a couple of things.

1. That I cant master every combo in BlazBlue Continuum Shift
2. That I don't have enough money (Yea I know, get a job XD)
3. That I' get lazy when I'm doing school work. My grades are ok. 79 Average so far. But I rly wana do great at school while having fun at the same time.
4. That there aren't many cute looking anime loving, video game loving girls where I live.
5. That many girls around here don't dye their hair a different color. For example, white, pink, green, and red.

Thats a couple of stuff. Anyone got advice for my frustrations? (Well except number 2 because I'm already gona start working soon)

nougamineuro
08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm frustrated with my college.
I'm frustrated with my teacher (right now, I should be writing a report).
I'm frustrated with the government (classics).
I'm frustrated with my computer (this shit's giving me more headaches, can't wait to change to windows 7).
And I'm also frustrated with the fact I can't get a serious girlfriend.
Zetsuboushita!!!!!

7Sins
08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
A world with no emotions, like the movie Equilibrium? Love the Gun Kata. :D

Anyways I am frustrated about the fact I can't choose my own destiny. For other words I don't know what I like to do for a living and I am afraid of the consequenses. =/

navi1199
08-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Im frustrated cause theres a thread about frustration.
Im frustrated cause the government stole my gundam.
Im frustrated cause Trojan Condom is only 99.9% effective
Im frustrated cause my cat bit my Ethernet wire and now i have to buy a new one
Im frustrated cause I need another 1tb hard drive cause I downloaded too much Hgames that my hard drive is full!
Im frustrated cause DNS keeps slacking on my website (jk xD)

darkandshadow
08-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Im frustrated cause DNS keeps slacking on my website (jk xD)

Fuck you! XD

Im frustrated cause I need another 1tb hard drive cause I downloaded too much Hgames that my hard drive is full!
Yeah, I need a new external...have too many TV shows and movies...

navi1199
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Fuck you! XD

Yeah, I need a new external...have too many TV shows and movies...

you do know that dell was selling 1tb WD externals for 40 bucks right?

darkandshadow
08-30-2010, 09:18 PM
you do know that dell was selling 1tb WD externals for 40 bucks right?

I know but (frustration) I haven't had spendable money as of late.

navi1199
08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
^ your dog ate your money XD

HiguraShiki
08-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Im frustrated there aren't enough Neko masters around here...

TSR
08-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Emotions are awesome things. Life wouldn't be any fun if you didn't have any feelings. Sort of by definition. But life would have no meaning without rational thought. Also kind of by definition. And, while emotions are powerful things that we cannot escape the influence of, we can use that abstract thinking ability to channel them in a useful fashion. You don't have to hit somebody when you are angry, or climb a tree when you are afraid, or rip somebody's clothes off if you are horny. Just takes some willpower and self discipline.

My biggest frustration? Pretty simple. People don't think. They let their emotions rule their brains and do nothing but seek self gratification through the path of least resistance without the slightest regard for the consequences. You don't like what your governments are doing? That's just a symptom of this. It's easy to just believe what you are told instead of actually thinking things through. And your leaders take advantage of this by telling you things that will make it easier to manipulate you.

I don't know how many people I've argued with here because I've made critical statements that were intended to help them improve themselves, whether as members of the community, or as human beings in general, but which they could not be bothered to understand, because it is so much easier to just take offense and throw a temper tantrum. How hard can it be to understand that not everybody thinks exactly the same way you do and may have a valuable perspective that could improve your existence? Open mindedness, tolerence, responsibility, respect. How much better would the world be if most people practiced these traits? The question isn't why are your governments/employers/fellow humans treating you this way. The answer is easy. It's because you are letting them. The real question is, why are you letting them? Though the answer to that isn't really hard, either. It's easier to complain than to act.

The frustration of trying to reason with a brick wall a mile thick that nothing will ever penetrate, seems like my whole life some days. Anyway, I do treasure the folks here who aren't like that, even if I often disagree with some of you. Just wish there weren't so many of the other kind.

ja ne

Jinra
08-30-2010, 11:14 PM
College prices

diakamawatane
08-31-2010, 12:39 AM
i'm sure people all over the world heard about the recent tragedy that befell on the chinese tourists that was hijacked by a common police officer in a bus.
There were lots of "what if's" thrown around after the bloodbath, and look what it did to the image of the Philippines?!

This.

I was shaking my head thinking that those guys doesn't even know how to handle that situation. I bet some people who played RTS or Tom Clancy's games could have come up with a better strategy than mauling their way in.

08-31-2010, 01:16 AM
frustrated at having frustrating frustrations.

AceOtakuFan
08-31-2010, 03:16 AM
I 'm frustrated with:
People misunderstood me, since I had Post Traumatic Brain Injury after a basket ball hit me.
Lecturers didn't teach following schedule.
People who didn't keep their promises.
People who later blame it on me.

College prices

invissense
09-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I am frustrated with no seeder on torrent. No one seem like to seed.

Ctrl Alt DelBR
09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm frustrated with my college.
Same here. A college can't live of it's name alone, and that's what mine seems to be doing.

kulaskulasito
09-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm 38 and will be 39 this month, I'm separated, and my daughter lives hundreds of kms from me. My job is not really a high paying one (but I love it), so I live in a dump, I can drive but can't afford a decent car, I'm short (below average height) for a guy, and I'm plain looking. So yes, I feel frustrated in some aspects of my life, and true, there are indeed a lot of "bigger" issues than my problems (i.e. inept government, crime rate, etc.), but I simply enjoy the fact that I'm still alive because more or less, I'm kinda optimistic that things can still change.

So to those of you who are a lot younger than myself (and that might mean all of you hehe), cheer up because you're not yet at my age--start your worrying when you reach it--snicker.

KULAS

Lisa Hayes
09-02-2010, 03:10 AM
hehe.. salamat tatang!

i'm frustrated that i have to work at saturdays! I have weekend plans and it's all ruined!

KazamiHayato
09-02-2010, 03:12 AM
My greatest frustration is can't even grown taller than 5'5" inches in height and my right hand had uneasily to write a pen or pencil. X_X

yeoliji
09-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I havent got the time to really think about it. Now that you mention, There are times when I know the right thing to do but I chose not to and went on doing the stupid things.
You know that a thing wont do you any good but still you jumped onto it. At the end of the day it always gets me thinking and ended up being frustrated about myself :P

7Sins
09-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I get no appreciation what so ever from my family.

Beam7 Network
09-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I used to feel frustrated, but you know, I realized that most of those things I used to fight against are really beyond me, it's no use worrying about something you can't change, all that you get is a sympathetic response pumping epinephrine through your body that you won't be able to vent off anyway and will most likely end up causing metabolic stress and atherosclerosis, that's good if you want to self-destruct at any rate, but nah, not worth it.

I feel in an absolute state of adiaphoria mixed with resignation, I guess I won't make it to any specialty within the field of medicine or anything important along those lines, but meh, I won't need it anyway, I can just stick to internal medicine and work until I get a pension, I will just die off as a depressing old man at some remote place away from civilization, probably shooting trespassers in a shrine-like sanctuary or something like that, what gives.

Wh1t3y3t1
09-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I feel frustrated that I worked my arse off for a university place to which it was given to a foreigner or some other person who didn't do as well as me but was there first add that to my ever mounting political frustration along with the prospects of my job basically saying "You're no longer needed, see you!" and kicking me out to the curb with no pay off or any further notice other a phone call.

Other than that the general public constantly frustrates me (regardless if my job is in the public sector and in tourism no less) I just wish that people would learn to look after themselves but also stop trying every trick in the book to try and get one over on me. It's getting to the point where it's just sad and slowly turning into simple anger at these people who just want you to wipe their arse for them.

YamiSouru MkIII
09-06-2010, 09:37 AM
definition: The act of frustrating; disappointment; defeat; as, the frustration of one's designs

my frustration its extensive and might cope a long post but for the welfare of many minds and mine i will just say that im frustrated with the fact that i was born in a world without mobile suits or Mechas and that i have no super powers or at least a geass to try to change the world.

its frustrating that to advance and to be someone in this world you cant do it by being decent and hard working, you need to soil yourself into corruption and cant achieve anything unless you go with the current of mud and shit that its bureocracy and deception.

its frustrating that you give help to others without a condition, but when you do need help no one extends you a hand, i mean i have helped a lot of people ( and hurt a lot more) and when i need help no one remembers me, that its happening to me now, im not one to cry out mimimimi HELP me, im proud more than the Homunculus Pride, and rarely do ask for help in extreme cases but right now its more like collecting money, i have lent money to much people to help them but now i do need money and they come with the mmimimimimi i have problems i cant have it now or mimimimimi i need more time and go on. its really frustrating to the point that i think for short moments to collect them the old way but then i think, hell those days are past now im a normal joe so i calm down and just shrug it off and wait for the next day.

there are lot of things that frustrate me, so i try to ignore them but its hard or almost impossible and another thing its that my frustration turns almost Inmediately into Anger, lots of Anger and Rage that later go to my poor stomach and GG, more ulcers or pain and so on so im really screwed up i need to control myself but its hard.

yep Lisa did hit the correct Nail, Frustration its one of those that make up most of our negative feelings and emotions since it can evolve into anothers with ease and make lots of damage.

but i generally do frustrate at things that i have the innability to change or that are really hard to change without a Bloodshed, or a fight or a more quick way to correct them, being a normal person has lots of problems :P.

@Wh1t3y3t1: ya know what its more frustrating, that after you worked your arse off in a damn university, stood the humilliations and pomposity of the teachers there and got a damn title and had to study lot of shit, you end up in your job doing something that you could have learned in 4 hours and you do that simple task for days, or weeks, or months or years to come without change and you think " fuck i spent 4 years of my life preparing just to do this?" but yeah i do understand your frustration, i too have left many jobs since im a bit antisocial and it pisses me off the stupid public that do not read or have bad manners or well you get it since you have suffered it too. btw i will begin a career the next year and will spend 4 years to get a title of Computers Engineer only to enter a company to repair computers, do help desk and the usual stuff that i do nowadays weeeeeeeeee (there goes another frustration to my back XD).

Satiro Yoshida
09-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Example:

I plan to go and buy something in the city and meet Shino there, just a few seconds before I go, it starts to rain extremely, but I don't want to miss Shino, so I go.
When I'm there, he's late from rain and everywhere in the city are smokers... Don't know how, but through the rain, the stunk of smoke is extremer and more are smoking to the same time. So is the go in the city only an annoying and motivationless waste of time. >.<

Ferrin
09-07-2010, 04:09 AM
misanthropy.
i cant stand being around people most of the time, yet all the jobs here are service sector jobs where you have to play nice.

i cant stand the number of cognitivly disonant retards that view the government as the only solution to every thing while simultaniously knowing they are useless fucking wasters.

i cant stand the mary whitehousing censorship brigade.
if these cunts where so bothered by kids playing games with a high age restriction theyd turn on the parental controls in the consoles. but that wouldnt get them the legions of retard followers allowing them political voice.

PandaZero
09-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Look at my signature.
I send this picture to a female friend of mine.
5 minutes later she send me the picture back. She changed the text into "Maybe i will <3"
Aww >_< now im frustatete because i don't know if i should hope for a happy end or she just had boring day.
>_<

katsugawa
09-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Lately i'm frustated with my situation, coz suddenly my co-worker take all the credit for my 3 month hard work when he's doing nothing

Michael Means Business
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
One thing that's been frustrating me is a conflict in interest between myself and friends. Most of the people I hang out with, or have previously been friends with are/were overly concerned with fitting the typical mold of "being cool." This involves them being more so inclined to herd mentality, the only way they end up liking certain types of music, entertainment and such is by relation to others as opposed to actually finding an appreciation for such things on their own.
They can be overly judgmental of types of people for little reason, even if they themselves have demonstrated similarities. Say for instance my best friend, he's ceased hanging out with some of his friends because they have become addicted to hard drugs, while he himself used to snort coke frequently, (just never got addicted.)
I myself can be judgmental, I really like making fun of people, but it's generally lighthearted. If I find someone to be irritating, or having personality traits I dislike, I'm apt to make inside jokes about them, but I don't dislike them as person, or become disgusted in their habits. (That is, unless they are someone like Nancy Grace.)
While I myself fit in with the general "cool crowd" there are many things I generally keep to myself, or rather don't talk about much. Such as liking Anime, liking genres of music that have emotion to them other than aggression, such as Radiohead and highly experimental types. (I like all styles of music, don't get me wrong, so I am quite fond of much of what they listen to, but mine isn't limited as theirs is.)
So basically, I'd deeply enjoy having a few friends I wouldn't have to bite my tongue around, who wouldn't take things so seriously.

RobAsuka's♥
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Frustrated over not having a job for two years, not having as many friends as I used to, and the fact that darkandshadow is trying to throw the Ban Hammer at me...

YamiSouru MkIII
09-09-2010, 01:06 AM
One thing that's been frustrating me is a conflict in interest between myself and friends. Most of the people I hang out with, or have previously been friends with are/were overly concerned with fitting the typical mold of "being cool." This involves them being more so inclined to herd mentality, the only way they end up liking certain types of music, entertainment and such is by relation to others as opposed to actually finding an appreciation for such things on their own.
They can be overly judgmental of types of people for little reason, even if they themselves have demonstrated similarities. Say for instance my best friend, he's ceased hanging out with some of his friends because they have become addicted to hard drugs, while he himself used to snort coke frequently, (just never got addicted.)
I myself can be judgmental, I really like making fun of people, but it's generally lighthearted. If I find someone to be irritating, or having personality traits I dislike, I'm apt to make inside jokes about them, but I don't dislike them as person, or become disgusted in their habits. (That is, unless they are someone like Nancy Grace.)
While I myself fit in with the general "cool crowd" there are many things I generally keep to myself, or rather don't talk about much. Such as liking Anime, liking genres of music that have emotion to them other than aggression, such as Radiohead and highly experimental types. (I like all styles of music, don't get me wrong, so I am quite fond of much of what they listen to, but mine isn't limited as theirs is.)
So basically, I'd deeply enjoy having a few friends I wouldn't have to bite my tongue around, who wouldn't take things so seriously.

yeah nothing wrong with liking Paranoid Android or other songs, or liking J-Pop or J-rock cuz the lyrics and songs are better than the crap that MTV or the mass media spills as "good" music, fuck off britney or the damn guys that sing Reggaeton ugh. or liking good trance music or techno or some Psy-Goa or House or Rave or some nice Classical Music. from liking some good strong Power Metal like Symphony X or some Death Metal or Some Satan Metal like Mystic Circle or Drowning Pool or Bal Sagoth or well be a all rounded music listener XD.

yeah one of the most common frustration of humans its normally to be able to socialize with individuals with their same needs or interests, its quite stressing to some people to fit in in "society" and be part of the populars and such crap, i go by the rule of i act and say what i feel its right on that moment and speak with those i know about things i like, that its why i have few friends and some acquaintances, since im the kind of guy that thinks " you like how im cool, if not then fuck off. sanity its for the weak"

one of the things that frustrates me off lately its to choose between keeping up searching for jobs that keep me up for a short time or start university spend 4 years and money in the process only to end up in the same situation, having a title sometimes opens you doors but sometimes not since they always ask for "experience" how in the fuck you have experience if you are graduating from the university, for god sakes, and if you dont have a title but experience you get a job, but minimum wage and are exploited to the max. so i have a dilemma get jobs where im bossed around or get a title to see if i can get a better thing, i might pass years after getting my title without getting a job or at least a job like i want it.

sigh if only Mobile Suits existed and the career to be a Pilot existed :P.

torreysmith
09-24-2010, 01:46 PM
When you feel extremely frustrated, your judgment will get distorted. You might lose interest, become critical, or give up and stop taking further action. You might also cover up your dissatisfaction by diverting it through different channels like overeating, binge drinking or any other activities that will replace the frustrating feeling.

"All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail. That is the talisman, the formula, the command of right about face which turns us from failure to success." - Dorothea Brande

of course, i also have my frustration.I'm frustrated with myself. i have yet to achieve some things that i want...

TakeshiKai
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Frustrated when:
+ Me bored
+ Me have nothing to do
+ Me can't do something
+ Me get beaten by my ego
+ When things stop being about Me =D

Michael Means Business
10-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I've just been informed today is some gay holiday where people wear purple to celebrate homosexuality...
Purple is my favorite color, I have 4 purple polo shirts, 3 purple hats, 3 pairs of purple boxers, 2 pairs of purple pants, 1 pair of purple shoes, and Purple Haze is one of my favorite strains of weed.
For the sake of my wardrobe, homosexuals, please stick to the rainbow as your symbol.

robobunghole
10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
damn-it this AWAYS happens
i spend most of my time hanging out with you hetero freaks and never hear about important shit like this till after-wards
then again maybe it has something to do with all those times i wore all black at the gay pride events

YamiSouru MkIII
10-22-2010, 05:04 AM
I've just been informed today is some gay holiday where people wear purple to celebrate homosexuality...
Purple is my favorite color, I have 4 purple polo shirts, 3 purple hats, 3 pairs of purple boxers, 2 pairs of purple pants, 1 pair of purple shoes, and Purple Haze is one of my favorite strains of weed.
For the sake of my wardrobe, homosexuals, please stick to the rainbow as your symbol.

i feel you my buddy, i wear black and i often get called by my friends or looked by people like a fucking emo or either a rocker that its dangerous and the beard now adds the terrorist charm so you see a dude walking on black gear and with a black beard and black hair and black eyes XD rofl but im white or Caucasian, btw i like purple too its the color that used the special forces on many games and special ops and also the imaginary number soldiers and Purple Haze and the Royal Guard on some games and many ninjas, its a color that blends well with darkness and light too excellent for camo on night (yeah black its not as good as many think for night camo).

@robobunghole: Wear Yellow... it might help.

Riviera
10-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Right now... frustrated that the car insurance company won't pay to get my car fixed because they assessed that my car isn't worth fixing because the value of the car is less than the cost of getting it fixed up... even if it's scratches on the back of the car :/ Anyways, what my family and I are frustrated about is that I'm fully covered, as in I'm insured for the accident as well as any other 3rd party involved. So they're not fixing my car, nor are they giving me any monetary compensation so I can get the car fixed. All they're offering me is their assessed monetary value of the car to take the car off my hands and get it scraped (and probably sell the parts before that). It feels like we're getting cheated because the car only recently went through maintenance before the accident :/
Either way, the only choices they're offering me is to scrap the car and get some money while my premium fees go up, or not get the car scraped and pay by myself to get it fixed while the premium fees go up.

TL; DR - Frustrated because it feels like we're paying for insurance for no reason besides filling the government's pocket. Being in the center of translating for two parties isn't going too well either, especially when they're both stubborn.

bobuild01
10-22-2010, 02:05 PM
@havensoft
Please stop using posts authored by others to spam.

Sorry Lisa, that post was one of mine in reply to a breast enlargement thread by Hong.
I also found another instance of one of darkandshadows also dropped in where it made no sense.
I have mentioned it in Help and Support.

Edit:: ^ problem solved, just a stupid bot..

Frustrations? Seeing that happen would be one.
Other than that just the usual stuff we all go through.

animedoll
10-22-2010, 05:33 PM
i'm frustrated with bills, how my relationship seems to have hit a wall and the trip that's coming up!

11-03-2010, 01:27 PM

someone said PURPLE HAZE?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnFSaqFzSO8&feature=related