http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5696/ssspring3.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4012/ssspring2.png
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9709/ssspring.jpg

NinaJ
12-05-2010, 02:03 PM
how do you install the patch?

Melone
12-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Help! I have trouble of patching the game ... whenever i try to patch the game, it will always say Invalid Directory ...What does that means?

Doropyan
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
@bubbletea
I would like to ask how you got your hands on the english patch of this game.

Askiichan
12-10-2010, 02:31 AM
@All : How to install this patch :
- Make sure you've installed the Japanese language on your computer (you can install it from control panel -> regional and language options -> languages -> install files for East Asian languages).
- After that, install your Starry Sky ~In Spring~ game, not the patch (you can download it from here (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122321&page=1&highlight=starry+sky)). You can install this game in any folder. Mine in C:\Program Files\asgard\Starry☆Sky~in Spring~
- Then, execute the patch. When it asks for the directory, browse the folder where you installed the game earlier.

And done, you can play Starry Sky ~In Spring~ in English :D

bubbletea
12-10-2010, 04:20 AM
@NinaJ and Melone: you might be patching it to the wrong folder or your version of the game is incompatible. Please purchase the actual game to ensure it will work correctly.

@Doropyan: from OGE, it's a shareable release. Is there a problem?

silent dreamer
12-10-2010, 01:49 PM
finally, a patch! thank you. :3
everything went smoothly until i clicked the game to play and came up with this error.
http://i55.tinypic.com/29ygqxy.png
i wish i could know what is wrong.

xRawr
12-11-2010, 01:12 PM
finally, a patch! thank you. :3
everything went smoothly until i clicked the game to play and came up with this error.
http://i55.tinypic.com/29ygqxy.png
i wish i could know what is wrong.

I've also have those problems.
1) When i tried to patch the files it said invalid directory, so I went to my program files and changed the name to "Starry SKy in Spring"
2) After that, the patch went smoothly, but when I click to play it also gives me that error (same as Silent Dreamer)
3) I also could not find any language to download, when I went to control panel, learn how to install diff. languages, clicked a link, scroll down to Japanese, it gave both Vista nd windows 7 a learn more

Please help T.T

SoapBubbly
12-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Soo... I successfully installed and applied the patch. But when I tried to play the game, everything was still in Japanese? I tried it again, but got the message "Your game is already patched. Now go play!" I'm assuming the patch worked, but all the dialogue has no English .__.

kanbaru
12-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Soo... I successfully installed and applied the patch. But when I tried to play the game, everything was still in Japanese? I tried it again, but got the message "Your game is already patched. Now go play!" I'm assuming the patch worked, but all the dialogue has no English .__.

I'm having the exact same problem! I changed the language settings to Japanese and the game worked fine, I installed the patch and got a little message that said it was successful, went to open the game again and everything was still in Japanese! So I tried to install the patch again and it gave me the 'now go play!' message. Anyone know how to fix this? D:

daisukidayo
12-13-2010, 02:49 AM
OMG, thanks for the patch ^^!!!!

winrydu84
12-13-2010, 07:33 AM
it's was hard but now it's work !
thank you !:love:

freakmachine255
12-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Dayum lol.
I couldn't find my fracking CD to download different language XDDD

silent dreamer
12-13-2010, 07:50 PM
bahaha~ all fixed. :3 i just re-installed the game and everything worked! so weird... xDD
but thank you! its amazing!

winrydu84
12-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Does anyone know if the other starry spring game will be translate ?
Now that i played ~in spring~ i really want to play the other :beautiful:

blahnope
12-17-2010, 06:41 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/hollow3610/Error.jpg

Anyone else getting this error? Tried reinstalling and patching again, didn't work.

Cristina
12-18-2010, 09:07 PM
It worked for me thank you so much !! I wonder if there is an english patch for the Starry Sky Winter? *O*

winrydu84
12-20-2010, 12:08 PM
you have to let the "unicode" in japanese
it happened to me and when i switched it to japanese it worked again

Keitava
12-21-2010, 03:53 PM
you have to let the "unicode" in japanese
it happened to me and when i switched it to japanese it worked again

and how exactly can I do that? ;( I got through all the installation process, but I'm stuck at the black error screen and I dunno how to change the unicode.

ixLuckyStar
12-21-2010, 07:58 PM
When I patched it, the game was Japanese with some random English letters. So I changed my language to Japanese.

This is what I keep getting:

http://i54.tinypic.com/1z3wcpy.jpg

Can anyone translate the error or help?

chiiyoko
12-22-2010, 04:25 AM
have you set up yet? if not, that could be your problem. once you get that file you'll have to set up and you'll get another file and THEN patch in the english one :D click on the set up with the picture. if you've already set up and then changed your unicode you will have to re install.:hope: cuz when you installed it your unicode was in english. you need to install the game once your unicode's in jap. that should solve whatever problems you have :D

Chisa
12-22-2010, 11:40 PM
So I have my unicode set to japanese, installed the game, downloaded the english patch, selected the correct directory, but the installation for the english patch remains at 0% no matter what I do. Am i doing something wrong?

FukuWija
12-23-2010, 12:40 AM
I know I may be asking for too much...
but isn't there any mirror for this? Or torrent?
Coz...megaupload is blocked where I live so I can't download the patch at all... (sendspace too, in case anyone decides to post a link from there >_<)

Anyone? Please. ; A;
I'm becoming more and more DESPERATE the longer I'm kept from this patch T ^T

CrazyCrunchyTacos
12-23-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm a little confused with how mine is going... lol
I've downloaded everything I set my locale to japanese but it said its an ISO image file??? and made me think I had to burn it on a CD so I did but how do I patch it if its on a CD or is there something else I was suppose to be able to install it with?? I'm new to this lol I'm sorry, I appreciate any advice I can get :/

winrydu84
12-23-2010, 07:23 AM
my computer is in french so i will try to explain for the unicode XD
when your are on "configuration" choose "language" and then you will see something like "regional options and language" in "advanced options" you might have something like "language for non unicode programm" switch it to japanese and normally it will ask you to reswitch on your computer and then if the game is patch it should work ^-^

quaewiiz
12-24-2010, 01:02 AM
thank a lot.
I've been seeking for a year.

silent dreamer
12-24-2010, 09:07 AM
When I patched it, the game was Japanese with some random English letters. So I changed my language to Japanese.

This is what I keep getting:

http://i54.tinypic.com/1z3wcpy.jpg

Can anyone translate the error or help?

I got the same errror but i fixed it since i burned the game on a CD.. so I just uninstalled the GAME and installed it again without re-installing the patch and it worked.

Hoshikoi
12-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Can someone please upload it somewhere else? I've tried downloading part01 several times but it gets stuck and I can't download it correctly (it's always a corrupted file), so can you at least upload part01 in another server? Please~

FukuWija
12-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Forget what I posted before. (well, no one seems to care anyway... lawl)

Someone was nice enough to actually upload all the files into another server for me. :'3
So yea...I've been playing the game over since yesterday. *0*

etsurin
12-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Okay for those who are having trouble with the patch, I will list the steps that should get it working for you.

I have gotten the following errors:
ixLuckyStar's
Text in English but with weird symbols for punctuation
"Invalid Directory" when installing patch
Black screen error

1. Before you install the game (uninstall if you already have) make sure your setting for non-unicode programs is set to Japanese. You MUST do this or you will be screwed. On Vista, it will be in the Administrative tab in Regional and Language options (Control Panel). It should be in similar areas for different versions of Windows.

2. Install the game. Text should be in Japanese. At the very last page of the installation window, it will prompt you to install DirectX. I don't know if this is necessary, but I installed it. It's a button that's to the right of the text. Finish installing DirectX.

3. Install the patch. When it asks where to install, choose the Starry Sky file. It will be under program files (x86) (for me anyways), under asgard. If you did not set your non-unicode settings to Japanese before this, this step will result in the "Invalid Directory" error.

4. It should be done!!

If you did not set your unicode settings and changed the file name like xRawr did so the patch worked, it will result in the weird symbols instead of punctuation, which is how it originally was for me. For those wondering, the text in ixLuckyStar's quote says something along the lines of "There is an initial error with this application." I got that after I had changed my non-unicode settings to Japanese but had not yet reinstalled the actual game, with the game still patched.

I hope this helps all of you! The game is now working for me and I shall start playing soon. :) Let me know if there's still a problem somewhere. For those looking for a single file of the patch, google yuunohigoto, and go to the blogspot site that comes up. The link to the file on megaupload is there somewhere. Sorry to FukuWija who needed a link to a different site!

smileylibby
12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm having a problem :( I correctly installed the patch and the game and they all seem to be working fine. however, when i start the game, all the text is in japanese. so i went back to the patch and tried to install the patch again, but it keeps telling me that i already installed the patch, now go play! But the game is still in japanese. i changed my unicode to japanese already, so can someone please tell me how to fix the problem :) Thankyouuu :)

Yuuasa
12-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Lol, it's just that you have to start playing from the beginning again. So if you were playing the game before you patched it, saved a spot, & went to play from that point after you patched it; the game will get confused. So just start the game from the beginning (intro and all - even though it is troublesome) & it should work fine.

whydidifall4you
12-27-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm not really sure if I did anything wrong, I mean I installed the game correctly I think and installed the patch but when I try to play it, it doesn't seem to translate. Like all the words are like alien or whatever. I tried deleting the game and deleting the patch but I'm not sure. I've also changed the unicode to Japanese as well. Is their anything I'm forgetting?

Btw, Thank you for the patch C:

sundayaiyoki
12-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Omg. I think I may have the same problem but is there any chance you could tell me where this other server is?

xXSpinellaXx
12-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Can somebody upload this to mediafire? =w= Megaupload wont let me download from them anymore >.>

KibbyWin
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Im also having a problem. Ive already redownloaded the patch several times. Whenever i try to use the patch, it says that its Not Responding. And it freezes.

KibbyWin
12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
My patch says Not responding whenever i try to use it o.o. Then it like freezes

mikkimouse
12-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Where is should show the person saying stuff like text why is it blank? ; A ;

milkis13
12-30-2010, 12:04 AM
I installed the game without the Japanese thing on and it seemed to be working to an extent, except all the punctuation was crazy, so I deleted it (couldn't figure out how to uninstall it). I restarted my computer with the Japanese thing on, and went to go install the game by clicking on setup.exe, but an error kept showing up. When I clicked on the game, it came up with the same error message that ixLuckyStar was having. What should I do? Dx

katiefoo
12-30-2010, 09:54 AM
- Make sure you've installed the Japanese language on your computer (you can install it from control panel -> regional and language options -> languages -> install files for East Asian languages).
- After that, install your Starry Sky ~In Spring~ game, not the patch (you can download it from here (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122321&page=1&highlight=starry+sky)). You can install this game in any folder. Mine in C:\Program Files\asgard\Starry☆Sky~in Spring~
- Then, execute the patch. When it asks for the directory, browse the folder where you installed the game earlier.

i have it all download and my .rar is ready to be patched. but i have problems when they asked me for the directory. i mean, what should i be looking for? the folder where i installed the game......-?

Askiichan
12-30-2010, 08:10 PM
i have it all download and my .rar is ready to be patched. but i have problems when they asked me for the directory. i mean, what should i be looking for? the folder where i installed the game......-?

Yes, browse the folder where you installed the game earlier :D After that, it's done.

chiiyoko
12-30-2010, 09:43 PM
So I have my unicode set to japanese, installed the game, downloaded the english patch, selected the correct directory, but the installation for the english patch remains at 0% no matter what I do. Am i doing something wrong?

ah. i got that same problem. but i just closed it and opened the patch again and it worked fine for me

Klinc
01-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Uhm i can't seem to uninstall the game... i tried uninstalling it from the control panel part and when it starts uninstalling i get a window with a really long bar which finishes and then another window with a Yes or No option. Since as though i can't understand japanese i clicked on Yes coz that was highlighted and then it comes up with another windows something about 'GameuxInstallHelper.dll' and it just ends there without uninstalling it...
I also tried clicking No but that doesn't do anything at all...

I also can't open the game anymore and it just comes up with an error message when i try and i can't install it again... or uninstall it as it's still there in programs... =_=

Can someone please help me??? ;A;

Koorihime
01-01-2011, 05:46 PM
After patching, uninstalling, re-installing and re-patching it, like, a zillion times, it finally finally works for me! ;w;
Now that's how a new year should start.

pleurs
01-02-2011, 01:17 PM
After patching, uninstalling, re-installing and re-patching it, like, a zillion times, it finally finally works for me! ;w;

Do you mind telling me how you did it? ; A ;
I'm downloading the actual game with uTorrent but I'm confused on whether I was supposed to save it in my downloads or in a program file.

pleurs
01-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Do you mind telling me how you downloaded it? D:
I'm currently downloading the actual game with uTorrent. I'm not sure where I was to save it in, I had to save it into my Downloads since that was the only one, if I tried Program Files it'd stop downloading with an error.

etsurin
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
You have to uninstall it. On Windows, it should be through the Control Panel.

kisakasama
01-04-2011, 05:40 AM
I downloaded it and everything was fine, but when it asked me which directory everywhere I saved it said that 'The destination directory does not contain any files to update' Help!!! ;___;

NijiRibbon
01-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Thank you very much for providing the English patch!:D
Do let us know if/when you have the English patch for any of the other games~!
Thanks again~~!

WindSinger
01-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Okay so I'm having some problems with this. Everything was fine when I first downloaded the game (english unicode, no patch), then I patched it and it said the directory was invalid, so I changed the directory from 'Starry??Sky'in Summer?`' to 'Starry Sky in Summer' and it worked, but then every time I tried to play the game a popup with '?????????????' came up. I changed unicode to Japanese and the ? became kanji, but it still wouldn't play.

So I try to uninstall to reinstall with jap unicode it but it keeps saying 'filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect' for logo.dat, voice.arc, OP.DAT, ED.dat, ect.

Can someone help?

Kiyorin
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I installed mine correctly, and I'm pretty used to install patches. Still, it says that the game is already patched, even though it's not translated.

IEatPosionCookies
01-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Uhm i can't seem to uninstall the game... i tried uninstalling it from the control panel part and when it starts uninstalling i get a window with a really long bar which finishes and then another window with a Yes or No option. Since as though i can't understand japanese i clicked on Yes coz that was highlighted and then it comes up with another windows something about 'GameuxInstallHelper.dll' and it just ends there without uninstalling it...
I also tried clicking No but that doesn't do anything at all...

I also can't open the game anymore and it just comes up with an error message when i try and i can't install it again... or uninstall it as it's still there in programs... =_=

Can someone please help me??? ;A;

Argh, I'm having the same problem . . .

SumeragiTaiyouKun
01-08-2011, 04:03 AM

etou~ what if i can't install my East Asian Language pack...?

darciel
01-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Thank you very, very much !!!! It's perfectly working by me ^^ I was already desperate that I couldnt find the english patch.
And using translationsoftwares suck. So u r my heroine ^^
Btw do u have the Starry Sky Summer englsih patch?o.o

DreamyHunter
01-08-2011, 06:01 PM
After change my language to jap, the game finally work with the english patch, then this pop up:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/magyk23/Untitled-3.jpg

Luthy
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I hope than someone can help me. I'm Italian then I don't understand well english... Be patient with me.
I have download the game and the patch. I set the language of my pc in "Japanese" (control panel ---> languages) then I launched the patch.
But my game is still in Japanese... Indeed, is a mixed of Japanese character and letter.
What I must do??

Soraki
01-13-2011, 12:40 AM
ano..
I've downloaded 4patch. but, I can't access the 5th patch or full patch.
:wryyy:

sakiapii
01-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Argh, I'm having the same problem . . .
yeah I almost gave up orzz

But for this you can install this super uninstaller, http://www.revouninstallerpro.com/g/?gclid=CMGuyOGOvqYCFRg8gwodmSZmFg , it has a 30 day trial you can use.
After its running just click on the application and it will make some pop-up files and then the uninstaller will pop up again, just press no and it will scan for remaining files, just delete everything it finds and then its uninstalled :D
and you can always just get rid of the uninstaller when you got the game working.

IEatPosionCookies
01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
yeah I almost gave up orzz

But for this you can install this super uninstaller, http://www.revouninstallerpro.com/g/?gclid=CMGuyOGOvqYCFRg8gwodmSZmFg , it has a 30 day trial you can use.
After its running just click on the application and it will make some pop-up files and then the uninstaller will pop up again, just press no and it will scan for remaining files, just delete everything it finds and then its uninstalled :D
and you can always just get rid of the uninstaller when you got the game working.

Thank you~ :)
I reinstalled the game but I don't know how to install the patch. When you install the game, is it already supposed to be in english? (Everything is already switched to japanense and its working just fine, its just not in english.)

SelphyClark
01-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Okay I'm trying to download this and I'm using CrossOverGames since I'm a mac
So I got the whole spring game
got the patch
open the patch
asked for directory
went looking for game
can't find it this werid thing of c file g files y and z files it gves me
tried moving the game to applicantion found that file but only showed crossover games in it
...........>~<
So what all do you
have to do simply to get the game and put the patch to it???

withXloveXseikatsu
01-26-2011, 02:53 AM
argh -.-
it took me ages to fix
then when i try to patch it it says that chip.arc is unknown or somethin like that
http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/with_love_seikatsu/Random%20xD/?action=view&current=erroronstarryskyinspringenglishpatch.png
T.T after hours of trying to get this game and trying to fix it ^ THAT pops up and has to ruin my day XD
someone please help me *goes on knees and begs*

ramya
02-18-2011, 07:13 AM
I do also seem to have a problem with the game and I wonder if someone could help me 'v';
When I press "start" at the game this appears to me: http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu258/my_album_01/?action=view&current=PICWITHERROR.jpg
and then the game shuts down >A>;
I don't know what to do.. *sulks in a dark corner*

flamekitsune14
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I love starry sky in spring!! So I am currently searching for english patches of summer and autumn. I hope someone would help me~!!X<

rozenreiichi
04-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello~

i am having trouble for the game XDD;;

well you see, when i was playing the game suddenly it stucked ..and went blank =A=

how can i fix this? ; - ;

MysticHeart
04-09-2011, 07:33 PM
YAYYY~~ I don't know how to thank you enough for sharing this~ I've been wanting a copy of this since sadly, I can't understand japanese characters. >.<
I had to unistall and re-install it, but finally, it worked~ I thank everyone who gave tips and suggestions on how to make this work, m(-_-)m
Umm.. sorry if it's too much, but I'm wondering if there's also english patch for other starry sky like winter, summer and autumn?
Thank you again. ^0^

YuChin
04-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Wow... That took a lot of time for me!
First I tried to install the game with the Finnish unicode for about an hour... Then I notice where the unicode thing is...
I switch it to Japanese and try to remove the game to re-install but it doesn't want to remove it -> switch back to Finnish...
Unistall the game and again back to Japanese. Then finally i get the patch installed right!!
Thanks everyone!! Special thanks to Etsurin~!!

alexsaysdie
04-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Thank you very much for this!, this will be the first game of it's type that i play and thanks to you i can now enjoy it...since sadly i don't understand Japanese...yet. ;)

Kallisti
04-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks a lot for this release ! I can't help drooling at how hot they are ~ I struggled a lot before being able to play, but after a lot of uninstalling-installing again-patching, it finally worked <3 BUT I still (of course, it would have been too easy if not ;_;) unfortunately have a BIG problem : I can't save my party ><
Is it normal, or do I have to do something special ? Please help me, I'm in despair ! xD

nekousagichan
05-11-2011, 04:01 AM
have you set up yet? if not, that could be your problem. once you get that file you'll have to set up and you'll get another file and THEN patch in the english one :D click on the set up with the picture. if you've already set up and then changed your unicode you will have to re install.:hope: cuz when you installed it your unicode was in english. you need to install the game once your unicode's in jap. that should solve whatever problems you have :D

What's this set up you're talking about? Cuz I think that's my problem. I didn't have any problems when installing the game, I did the unicode thingy and all, but it still won't patch the game properly.

NimirRa
06-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks! It's a miracle I got it all figured out... I only have one question.
In the game it seems each sentence has a random '@' or 'u' in the beginning of it and at the end a 'B' or some other letter. Perhaps I did something wrong or is that just how the patch is?

swirlyswirly
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
It workkeed Just fine for me :) thanks!

Gin Sato
04-16-2012, 02:34 PM
It's ok...now the patch works..i don't know how, bu i did it :notagain2: Arigatou gozaimasu!^^

Truffle
12-30-2013, 05:26 PM
I know it's been a few years since this thread has been started, but I only recently heard about the Starry Sky patch (How am I just hearing about this now?!). However, the links in this thread are down, and I can't find any valid ones throughout the internet. Are there currently any updated links?