PDA

View Full Version : how to deal with love rejections

wweeaakk
09-06-2005, 08:05 AM
i been turned down b4 by this beatiful girl once that i really like but i tried my best to impress her by joining a sports club, then after a few months i tried again but it didnt help me at all. so after that rejection i was moping for a few days inside the room. this lesson thought me a good lesson never make your standards too high cus u'll just fail, try some1 who isnt popular in the school but a bit intelligent. if u can get a freshman take it cus i did and now i'm getting lucky every week getting laid.

eMKa
09-06-2005, 09:29 AM
this lesson thought me a good lesson never make your standards too high cus u'll just fail,
I think that's not truth,every man can get every women,and vice versa,you just have to find a proper way to impress her or just understand her needs,by talking to her friends,observing and planning,you finnaly will get her,or by accident she might be striked with love arrow,or she just will see yours efforts towards her,eventually you're home;)
How to deal with love rejection?
I broke-up recently,after few months relationship,and I must say the best way first is to drink-off the problem,and after the next few days,being sober again,you should find another object of your love-attention,if you will sit in your room,gloomy thoughs will consume you,and when you find another person of your desires,you can start the fun again maybe with better ending:p
And that's what I try to do again:D
But sometimes convent is an alternate mean too:p

link455
09-06-2005, 09:42 AM
i don't have try to get a gf but i kinda know how is feels you have to accept it no matter what because it you still thinking she gonna change some is wrong the person doesn't change that fast better look for another gf/bf and walk ahead don't look behind where is only pain

Avychan
09-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I've only been turned down by 3 girls, though 1 of them I wasn't serious about, and another one was me trying to get an ex back... I don't really go after girls that much. I flirt and joke, and I'll respond if they go after me, but for me to go after a girl, she has to be, in my opinion, someone I could be with long-term. I won't go after a girl if I know it's just a temporary fling.

Krabjuice
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Um, your advice only works for a very small portion of the population: you.

The real lesson here is: don't have standards.

Chainsaw
09-06-2005, 02:57 PM
well me hmmm give a min hmmmm...................oh i've only been turned down by 2 girls (i think so). o well

recca
09-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I've been rejected twice, and think it was for the better... sometimes we are so naive not to say almost stupid ;)

ChibiFirli
09-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Meh, the only time I ever wanted to be with someone... it was with someone who already wanted to be with me :p. So I've never been turned down. Though I haven't been interested in many people either ^_^. Well, not in that way at least :D, I'm not claiming that people aren't interesting :p.

burnout
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
i if u can get a freshman take it cus i did and now i'm getting lucky every week getting laid.

every week? that's it? if you're pimpin it like you said it should be everyday. and i pity each and every one of the girls you ****ed and great respect for the one who rejected you. now that's a real smart woman right there. she saw right through you and your intentions. and Krabjuice is right, you have no standards. you pick up what ever trash that comes along your way.

flapjak
09-06-2005, 07:51 PM
turned down on serious occasions once...

I aint had a girlfriend in a while now, but aint been looking either.

women in general confuse me... a whole lot :s

carloamoyen
09-07-2005, 02:45 AM
every week? that's it? if you're pimpin it like you said it should be everyday. and i pity each and every one of the girls you ****ed and great respect for the one who rejected you. now that's a real smart woman right there. she saw right through you and your intentions. and Krabjuice is right, you have no standards. you pick up what ever trash that comes along your way.

as much as that sounded bad and awful toward a person that faced rejection. burnout is absolutely correct here. i don't want to sound rude or mean but seeing how you were rejected, you said you were able to learn a few things. but really it seems that you haven't. you last comment on your post on how you are able to get laid every week (hmmm large doubts here but even if you "fibbing" or telling fiction with your lips) it seems you don't have much respect for the girl you are with. your "standards" seemed to be primarliy and soley based on beauty......... how you couldn't get a "beautiful" girl to like you and now you settle with "freshman". the question is not "how to deal with love rejections" but "What lessons can be learned from being rejected". in this case it seems that you haven't but there is always hope.

ExtraEye
09-07-2005, 04:37 AM
HAHA
how nice of you to say he still has hope:)
well good luck with that...
although I can't really decide if you are looking for girls or for sex I would have to agree the best thing is not having standards.
I agree that I do not understand girls and about rejection I would say I was rejected ones but it's not entirely true (wasn't actually rejected).

theprophet05
09-07-2005, 04:48 AM
working on # 4...but she really like me too...its just not at the love part yet...or in less words its still in the works...obstical #1 is her fathe :<

gunslingerG
09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Here's my take: What's the point of getting women when you're in school? Don't you kids (apologies to the older (18+) people in here)(unless you suck and are still in high school at that point) have something more important to do? Like go to school? I got turned down once, and gave up on women. At least on trying to find a life mate, that is. I can at least work with them. I actually enjoy that more- instead of having to devote your time to one girl, you can like all of them simultaneously without ever worrying about them getting jealous. And you don't have to be jealous of their boyfriends either. As it once said in a book I read 20 years ago: Men are above jealousy.

dcchump
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
yeah im going with krabjuice who said the lesson is not to "have any standards".. i mean if ur compatible it should work out, and why go for someone beautiful when you dont even know what to say to them when ur together... so personally im attracted to ppl who have the same interests as me or just seem nice.. if they have good looks too .. thas great but if not im fine with it cause i got someone nice to talk to, makes everything less lonely

Ether
09-08-2005, 09:00 PM
hmm..i never tried to get one nor have i been rejected, but i still hav a gf ^^ we jus ...drifted together lol

JR RAD
09-08-2005, 09:41 PM
I say if your nervous about asking that girl/guy that you have your heart set on and you can't get your wordings down, heres a tip. Don't imagine that girl/guy naked when your talking to them, instead imagine that you, yourself are naked and the fear that you had before is replaced with something greater. Yep if you set your mind on thinking on something completely odd, something just don't matter. Now where's my clothes??

Koshiba
09-09-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't think I've ever been turned down honestly. ^^;

Krabjuice
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Of course not, women have a tendancy to.. get guys.
If only it worked that way for us with girls, sheesh.

Koshiba
09-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Of course not, women have a tendancy to.. get guys.
If only it worked that way for us with girls, sheesh.
Not all girls. I've known alot of girls that complain about never having a boyfriend and what not. Then again, I don't have my standards set ridiculously high or anything. I just like geeky guys that are good with computers. ;)

chief977
09-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I get turned down all the time. But i dont let that bother me anymore. I used to mope and cry (yes, ME crying!! :o ) but when you look back and think about it, it's her loss. she'll never meet another you.

I usually deal with rejections by thinking about something really funny when it happens, so i can laugh it off. then i try to stay focused of getting something important done, even if it is lvling up in a game or going up a big hill non-stop on my bike. You gotta keep your mind busy so you dont beat yourself up about it.
yet, at the same time, don't feel hopeless and give up.
give your all in what you do and you'll get noticed. :)

Windraver
09-12-2005, 03:06 AM
ah... rejection... i remember it so well... it happened so many times that i helped the girl by rejecting myself b4 she had to say anymore.... >.>....

first girl just ignored me totally when she found i had feelings... i didn't even get to say anything...

next girl i ask to a dance but she refused... i asked to dance at the dance since her date didn't show... and the next day... she cursed me out and... well... end of that one...

confessed to this one girl... in a note.. okay i'm a shy guy... and also asked her out at the same time... she said she knew me too well and yeah... cheap excuse...

next girl i was getting along with... talked alot... a big leap for me i'd say..... well she ended up banishing me from her life... totally... blocked me on aim... etc... after i confessed... didn't even do it right anyways.... told her in a note... i learned finally after this one that i should stop with the notes... yeah.. pretty slow....

next girl, i saw at this little trip i went on... a friend from school.... got along decently... then i found out when i got home that she moved away... wow.. i was so pissed for not asking her for some kind of contact info.... promised i'd ask her out personally if i ever saw her again.... saw her on teh first day of school... talk about over joy.... asked her to homecoming... got turned down... about a few days later she asked me online if i liked her.. i admitted... she said that she wasn't looking for a boyfriend nor has the time to date... so yeah... game over...

this one is interesting.... after the last girl... i kinda gave up... and just went thru school... like... just went thru school... thats it... nothing else... oh yeah, i should mention that i'm a glowstringer... they are commonly called ravers in teh american culture but thats technically the incorrect name... a glowstringer is a person that dances with glowsticks and strings using techniques from poi and flaming poi... i can also pull of a decent liquid and all... so i was fooling around in class like that... so of course people notice.... about a month from that day a girl comes up to me and asks me to teach her how to glowstring.... surprised and shocked..... i decided to agreed... i immediately did a mini analysis... she was in my class... this whole time... she was actually really really cute... and if i remember right... on the first day of class i looked at every girl and basically rated them... and this was hers:
-cuteness= 100/100
-estimated smartness = 90/100 (cuz smart girls tend to decline to not so smart guys)
-chances of success in relationship = 0/100

yeah... i looked at her and said she was out of my league... yet she just asked me to teach her how to rave... score! but yeah... she was hella shy and timid so i couldn't ever get her to actually try... -_-... gave up on teaching her after a month... but during that month.. i hung out with her... and her friends... strange people... and i ran into a guy that seemed to always want to box me... i said okay once... and just stood there.... and he kept bugging me to strike first... and i said i don't want to fight but i will if he starts it... he never did strike first... empty words... but at some point that guy said that i like her... oh yeah, i'm gonna call her MS(since her nickname is moonlightshadow)... it occured that over that month i ended up liking her... we talked alot online and on phone... alot.. hours and hours and staying up till 4am just talking... about everything... so since he had to yell it out.... i decided i had to pull her aside and admit it personally... i did... and i got rejected... she liked someone else... funny thing was.... she didn't banish me from her life... we were quiet for 2 weeks but then we started talking again jsut like friends... i eventually ended up adopting the title of being her brother... (life is an anime sometimes....).. just to add... me and her are anime fans so she always called me oniichan... doesn't that just remind you too much about those ren'ai games? -_-;;; so yeah... became good friends... and found out during the summer that she got a bf... that kid that wanted to box me... now i understand why he wanted to... i wanted to when i found out... dman.. missed my chance....

the next fall i finally got a girlfriend... a japanese girl.... wow.. that was a crazy....stayed friends with ms but this jpns girl did all work in moving the relationship forward... a bit fast i might add.... and she had the craziest mind... she was saying how in the anime the couple sleeps together after just 1 month.. and that really happens in japan she keeps saying... notice that i was with her for 4 months when she said this.... oh yeah... i never did anyhting.. yeah... i'm a loser... but she pushed things forward anyways.... about 5 months.... she kinda changed... she was always talking about this one guy in her pe class... and after awhile was talking about whether she should stay with me or not.. if she actually loved me or not... oh yea, she at one time mention that if she found a better guy i'd be left behind... well, it turned out she didn't and well... around that time i started thinking myself... if i really loved her myself... i found i didn't... we never actually spent time to talk... we didnt' like to do the smae things... basically... we didn't get along... so about a few weeks later... i broke it off... she went insane.... screaming everywhere that i broke up with her.... then she totally goes hostile... then a few weeks later begs me to come back... i declined... so yea... end of one anime...

during that summer... i found out why i figured that i didn't acutally love my ex... it was cuz of my time spent with ms... i was still a brother to ms the whole time... i acutally tried to help her keep her relationship with that bastard... he was complaining she didn't spend enough time with him... and too much time on hw.. great bf....... did whatever i could to keep them together... dunno why... would have been wrong to take advantage of it... so during the summer i realized what i was looking for in love... someone i truely cared about... that i can talk to easily.. thought the same... felt the same.... but i had already given up on ms... besides... my friend had confessed... she didn't give a response... he actually told her to think about it.... so i tried not to like her... oi... i couldn't... so i ened up confessing... again... but i rejected myself... after i confessed... i told her to not worry about what i just said... cuz... my friend was a better guy than me and hed take good care of her.... so yeah... >.>...... a bit too used to rejection... still hung out and talked just like brother and sister so yeah...

halloween night, she confessed.... about.... 4-5 months after... i asked her for a relationship a week after... and she finally... finally replied a month later... -_-... but yeah... with her still today... ^^ and thats my story of rejection with a happy ending ^^

basically... lesson is don't let rejection tear you down... its not the end... it might not have worked out anyways... so who knows... just be strong and keep going ^^ dunno if that helps... but thats all i think... just keep on going...

edit: sorry for the long post...

ChibiFirli
09-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Not all girls. I've known alot of girls that complain about never having a boyfriend and what not. Then again, I don't have my standards set ridiculously high or anything. I just like geeky guys that are good with computers. ;)
And after a few hours Koshiba's pm-box is completely filled with love-pm's :D:p:.

dots
09-12-2005, 05:04 AM
I agree with burnout on this... The thread starter seriously has no standards at all...
The only reason you want a girlfriend is to get laid... You are only interested in getting laid and nothing more... You obviously based your selection on girls on their looks whether they are easy or not... It's unfortunate that you have no idea what true love is...

I've never been rejected... That's due to a couple of reasons... either that person that
i like also happens to having a liking of me or i've just never gathered the guts to tell the person my feelings... But unlike you i don't just take any girl that comes my way.
I rather be with a average looking girl that i like than be with a hot looking girl whom i have no feelings for but is willing to get laid....

goddom
09-12-2005, 05:23 AM
for all the people saying that they've never been rejected, i hate you! and whats more i don't believe you, if you got no standerds of course you're not gonna get dissapointed! anyone can trot down to the bottom of the line and find someone from the circus take hold of their claw and say they rule in the big pimp daddy kinda way.

i like smart girls, but i'm not so stupid that looks don't matter to me. you are never gonna know what your partner thinks or feels, so you might as well at least like the look of them! i think its scary the amount of people here who think people (well guys) only go for hot looking peeps, coz they only wanna get laid. Man if they got no personality its no fun! it's really not! no one could do a relationship like that -I've tried-. Basically I'm going for both looks and mind. i can't be bothered going out with stupid pretty girls or ugly pretentious girls. Pretty and clever, pretty AND clever. sure i'm gonna be let down a lot and have, but thats life, and man when it works its fantastic! better to aim high, you know at least you're aiming somewhere.

and also i've never had the circus animal follow me around hassling friends cos' i couldn't deal with the mange after a while

Koshiba
09-12-2005, 07:46 PM
I have standards of course. Just not really when it comes to looks or anything. Because I've found that I become attracted to someone if I'm first attracted to their personality. =) But what I mean is, I don't want some rich, hot guy or anything. Money, I could care less about as well. Heck, I don't even like eating at expensive places. My standards follow.. They have to have similar interests as me, I couldn't see myself ever dating someone not into anime and video games. Good with computers is a bonus, I swear I have some kind of computer fetish or something. The one thing I care about physical wise is hair though. I have a hair fetish, so I can't date any bald guys. ^^;

goddom
09-13-2005, 03:41 AM
oh ok, man be careful with the hair fetish tho. cos i mean i got hair but its evil. its big its crazy looking (wants to make me look like tom waits) and its sooooo thick that when i stand next to a bald guy it starts to reach out to him and wrap around his head, when i start walking again little do i know that i've got the hair of two so i just drag along the bald guy with me; i listen to headphones so i don't notice. Yesterday i came back home and had to comb 5 bald guys out of my hair!

watch the hair, it will always betry you

Koshiba
09-13-2005, 09:38 AM
The hair fetish is just because I /love/ playing with hair. ^_^ The hair also has to be clean and taken care of good mind you.. xD I just love running my fingers through a guy's hair. :D And I have really thick hair too. It's thick and long. %%;

Windraver
09-14-2005, 02:37 AM
i wonder how you would react to reno's hair in Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children... haha... i think its awesome and i'm a guy >.>....

Lonestrider
09-14-2005, 02:49 AM
go "skinhead"...most girls i know keep on touching your head if your hair is like that.....<shivers>

jiyeow
09-20-2005, 01:38 AM
or sephiroth's hair in ff7.. ask a guy to dye his hair grey and carry a katana wherever he goes...lolz psycho...u would end up looking like chicken meat having a bf like tat...

FenrisLoki
09-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I've never been rejected, but I've been extremely careful who I confess my love to. I've only admitted it once so far, despite being in several relationships, and that one admittance has turned into a major relationship since.

For guys: The secret to dealing with women is remembering that, like you, they're human and they're pretty damned smart. You'd notice if a guy was trying to impress you and you'd think he was a jerk. Women will notice if you try to impress them. So, act yourself, act naturally; in fact, don't act. Crack jokes, take risks, but don't ever try to make her want you. If she likes you, great; if not, it's not worth trying to convince her. It'd be easier to convince a fundamentalist that God is dead.

ForgotMyUserName
09-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I got rejected twice...
I think that you have to learn to move on... it took me about 4 months to get my recent rejection over... I was already expecting it based on the feedback she was giving me months before she actually told me... and it started so well at first... I agree with FenrisLoki too, about women being smart. You just have to be careful when dealing with them...:)

Zapper216
09-26-2005, 08:06 PM
never tried getting a gf/bf yet

thats what i said cause i can't even talk to them...>.<

SERJ
09-26-2005, 08:26 PM
@Zapper: if you still have your sig saved from before you can host it at a place like www.photobucket.com

A LaZy PaNdA
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Heh I've been single for a few years.

Last year I confessed to some girl.

Funniest thing, not only was I turned down... I was told to never speak to her again, and she hates me with a burning passion.

Now that sucks T_T

Areskel
09-27-2005, 04:35 PM
The only time I ever tried, shot down. Was a sad moment in my life indeed.

Hair, oh my oh my, hair is my bane and the only thing any girl has ever complemented me on physically; the reason it is my bane is because if I let it out long and brush it thoroughly, I have an afro. It's cool, the gals dig it, and arrogant pricks put things in it. That and it takes a very long time to wash, way too much trouble. It also makes me look goofy, have you ever gone to a formal occasion with a suit and everything, and a massive fur ball on your head, it really ruins the image.

kaelsmith
09-27-2005, 09:18 PM
dang this is such a serious and somewhat brutal thread.
I'm not really into the love stuff so i really have no solid background but
does standards matter? I thought people just fall in love because they saw the other person and get to know them as a great partner. something like I like anime because i just do, why probably because it just happen to satisfy my needs. (what the heart says and the qualifications came with it)

I probably get rejected so i'll probably start out with a friendly connection instead of dating, a friend is enough at the moment and the more I get to know them I might consider a more sincere relation. maybe I can at least be a friend if she says no.

Well anyways im dont really look good nor have a great personality so i will probably watch by the sidelines but when i get rejected, now thats a great sight and tale to laugh at for my friends :)

DexVil
09-28-2005, 08:48 AM
MAN U all are so lucky I've been turned down like over 10 times I think 12 to be exact.
God I'm such a looser. I'm 16 and I'm extreemly perverted I think girls hate guys like me, that surves me just right I don't know what girls think of me. BUT I have HOPE to find her the girl of My dreams, a beyond reality girl.
I hope I'll succeed one way or the other :)

S&T Kawaii Love
09-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Whatever you do don't try to be; arrogant, bossy, bully etc. Since these things are a major turn down for girls..

Satori
10-02-2005, 07:33 PM
never been turned down, but i asked only once.... Mn, prom...

Satori
10-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Whatever you do don't try to be; arrogant, bossy, bully etc. Since these things are a major turn down for girls..

Speaking as a psych student, that's not necccesarily true.

But yeah personally, i tend to agree with that sentiment. Women like to be in control, might as well let them... :p

Murrowboy
10-02-2005, 07:36 PM
My dream is to marry a model.. Wish me luck Please ?? :)

Navan
10-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Now i know,..
It hurt, It realy hurt.. when you plan for that person for a long time and end up rejected.. Now i know am not the only one.

Krabjuice
10-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Tell me about it..

BruceKO
10-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Lol... never tried to get a gf yet... why bother when I don't even have time to live my own life. If I get a gf... I'll lose even the littlest free time I have.

ADavalosJR
10-05-2005, 02:44 AM
I've tried many times and I keep getting rejected. However, I also tried many times and some girls accepted me. I've had 13 girlfriends since I was 5 years old. (I'm such a pimp. ;) ) Right now, I'm having trouble getting a girlfriend. It's hard to get one nowadays.

Miyashi
10-05-2005, 03:33 AM

*never tried getting a bf yet*
acting anti-social also wont really work, err maybe only :p

and how bout 'pervert guy that rush into the bathroom'? :mad:

gvbn
10-05-2005, 04:05 AM
girlfriend? :eek: :cool: no
i already have internet connection :o :cool:

Anji
10-05-2005, 05:14 AM
I've gotten rejected umpteen times although I've also had a few say okay. Some have confessed to me while others have told me that I don't have the slightest clue about women. :p It's true though. Women are really hard to understand. The only thing I can say to the original poster is not get discouraged.

Miyashi
10-06-2005, 07:06 AM
some guys actually heart break until cant eat for days >_<
got rejected? we're still young!! stand up and walk again :D (that a weird one oO)