PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of buying a driver's licence???

andypp2
09-12-2005, 08:35 AM
edit:
I saw his card after school today
yes, its real, from DMV.............
retarded retard
im in south cali, san marino
jack, my friend, said he got the licence from down town LA... :eek: :eek:
--------------
--------------
I think its retarded
my friend was like 16 and he didn't feel like to wait for the 6 months period to get the actual licence after getting the permitt
so what he did was
Bought the actual licence directly from DMV and skipped the permitt part..
he said it cost him 1500$$$

anyone heard stories similar to this???
i also heard some girls who were too "slow"
and failed the road testing for like 100x times
they could also buy a permit cost 100$$
"you still have to take the test, but they will make sure you pass it"
said michelle, one of them...

Note: buyers get the actual card from DMV

burnout
09-12-2005, 08:39 AM
for real? im still very skeptical that you can buy your license from the dmv. which state was this in cuz im definitely sure you cant buy any drivers license in new york.

Skizzem
09-12-2005, 08:45 AM
I never knew that was possible. Obviously, it's pretty bad if people who can't even pass the exam get these licenses and drive around the streets. Definitely a safety hazard for the rest of us. But in a way, it could help those people who are in desperate need of a license. A drivers license could serve as part of an official document for an institute that the person plans to attend, or it could help give these people a "cushion" when they're driving to get to work or school.

Well, it's their loss when it boils down to it. They are risking themselves by purchasing a license when they know they're not even qualified for it. And of course, there goes $1500 out of their pockets.

Fanin
09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't think it's possible, at least I haven't heard such thing in DMV when I was getting my license in New York.
The whole process costed me about $460. Including fees for taking the written exam and the road exam, and 16hours of driving lessons.

FenrisLoki
09-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Ahh, crony capitalism; a world where flattery and bribery can get you everything...

whiteninja
09-12-2005, 10:51 AM
I was almost 17 before I got my license but that's because I was just lazy. The test was real easy too. What a waste of money if this is really happening.

TSR
09-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Hmph. Sounds like an under the counter type of deal to me. And here I thought all our civil servants were as pure as the driven snow. Quite a shock, really. Sure, there's like 50,000+ illegal aliens with licenses in my state, but I'm sure they're getting them from Greek smugglers in the coastal coves rather than from a profitable degree of laxity in dotting the Ts and crossing the Is on certain government applications and forms. Really.

As far as irresponsible drivers without the basic skills to operate a motor vehicle safely, seems to me that a lot of people are more concerned about having the privelege of driving than the obligation to not be a menace on the roads. But what do I know? Just for laughs, visit traffic court some time and listen to the things people will say right to the judge with a straight face. And remember that you are sharing your asphalt with them every day.

ja ne

Hijiko
09-12-2005, 03:17 PM
...how is that even possible... n the government allow this to happen? For some reason i dun think it happens (or should be allowed to happen for that matter) cuz it just increases the precentage of accidents occurring.

Well then again i live in canada, n it's most likely different in the states, but still. Ever since the government implemented the different levels of licenses in canada, i had alot of friends who complained about it cuz we had to take 3 tests to get the full license, but statistics show a drop in accidents involving teens so it's all good for me... dun wanna die from some other idiots inexperience with driving.

level3
09-12-2005, 03:22 PM
from DMV? "DMV" in another country may be :p

Dreamerdgh
09-12-2005, 03:33 PM
This is common practice in Mexico and Brazil, you just bribe the official and you get your license in fact its so common in Brazil no one I know of actually took the test, even my wife got her license this way. I have never heard of it in America, but all you need is a crooked DMV examiner so its possible, but only until he is caught.

Mai Tokiha
09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Of course it's possible - you just need enough money and a corrupt examiner, no big deal there.
Of course it's illegal, but they'll need to have some proof that you would've failed the test otherwise (or didn't take it in the first place), and if the guy isn't too stupid, that should be very difficult (if not impossible) to do.

Makaijin
09-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes it's very possible to buy a license, but never legally. Over here in the UK, it costs around

Donut
09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Thank god it is very strict here in Sweden. I'd not like to meet Mr.Jack on the roads :P ( That sound weird.) Anyway, I am glad I'm not one of the slow one's and I'm glad that I am not one fo those drivers that are impulsive and do strange turnings as shiftings.

Edit: Makajin, Unfortunately I know some people who took their license legally and still drives very poor. I know an old classmate, she was once driving and talking to me while driving. Suddenly I noticed while I was watching the road that she was not slowing down before the round-circulation place ( you know where you drive in circle to take different ways.) And then I noticed she was talking, and looking at me! I screamed out "Brake, watch where you'r driving!" She just went "Huh?" passed right over the Circulation and said "Whoops! Shortcut!" ... Probably the first and last time I sat my foot on her car.

Makaijin
09-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Well thats soo true too. I've seen soo many bad drivers out there, makes me wonder how they ever managed to pass their driving test, or if the examiner just gave them a pass out of pure fear for their own lives...

Well over here in UK those "round-circulation" places are called roundabouts. Not sure what they called over in the US.

hhhfan
09-21-2005, 12:14 AM
This matter happens everywhere even in my country. Even illerate people could get license by bribing. Some even use cars without license, if they had the skills not to be cought.

ashikun
09-25-2005, 03:56 AM
You can buy one in the Dutch Antilles.
That's what all the loser Dutch guys do that can't get their drivers license.. XD

Then again.. it's pretty tough out here.. too many rules.

lordViN
09-25-2005, 05:23 AM
I sell licenses..........whahahahahahaha :D

june86
02-06-2006, 10:04 PM
not to diss anyone that did this but anyone that cheats there way in getting a licence does not deserve to drive.
your suppose to earn your licence by knowing the basics of driving not by bribing.
this brings dishonor to people like me who take the skill of driving seriously.
just my opinion though

milkmandan
02-06-2006, 11:55 PM
not to diss anyone that did this but anyone that cheats there way in getting a licence does not deserve to drive.
your suppose to earn your licence by knowing the basics of driving not by bribing.
just my opinion though
I totally agree, if you can't pass the test dont drive. you are gna get someone killed. its dumb shyt people like that, pay for a license, that have accidents and get people injured and killed.

anwyays, but i have never heard of this. I dont think it is possible. seriously. (UNLESS TO YOU GOT A FRIEND/CONNECTION WORKING IN THE DMV AND IS UTTERLY CORRUPT) then To get a REGISTERED DMV CALIFORNIA LICENSE, BINDED WITH YOUR OFFICIAL REGISTERED PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DMV is impossible. If your friend gets pulled over by a cop. hes screwed. the cop will come back arrest him for having a fake license.

I have a friend that makes PERFECT california DMV license cards. He used to work at the DMV office, worked inventory. got a BOX full of precut blank cards. And went to an auction house and got a DMV license card printing machine. Dont know how he got one he did. IT's PERFECT. everything from the magnetic slide containing information, to the UV symbol and the photo color correction. Even the plastic is perfect...

but even that is a fake, and if a cop scans your license number, he'll see its not registered and arrest you for holding a fake license. good luck

Kitee
02-07-2006, 12:05 AM
This was common practice 3 years ago in Vancouver. Rich ladies who came from China didn't know how to drive. They paid $8000 (to whom, i forgot), and could get their drivers licience.

Shybal Noom
02-07-2006, 07:43 AM
pfft... i saw this on the news yesterday. late night fox news huh...
anyways, i dont really care how they get their license, as long as they have it if they hit me!
lol

-1 lol in this post-

nuts
02-07-2006, 08:45 AM
just my opinion though
That's not so much a matter about honor/dishonor, but more of being a road hazard to people like me (who prefer motorcycles). =.=

pdoqadk
02-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm the loser. I couldn't pass U.S. road tests for many times, mostly due to "observation" problems--"you didn't turn your head" "but I did" "I didn't see that, and don't argue with me"..."you failed; pratice turning your head, Okay?"; "anticipate hazards"--I don't know why, but maybe that's exactly why; "handeling" not being smooth enough;"abrupt/slow braking"--not stating which, though.

Where I came from, road test only involves following traffic rules, signs and not running over the lines or into any objects. There are many things that are subjective to the examiners in the U.S. roadtest, and I guess hence the opportunity for bribed examiners if they really exist.

I am not sure if a bribed examiner can still pass someone if she makes any major blunders. Maybe they will skip major parts of the test like parallel parking and 3 point turns and only require the briber to drive out of sight of other testers. If she can do that, she at least knows the basics. You wouldn't worry about if other drivers on the road can do parallel parking perfectly, would you?

I am sure people who don't read and write English would still be able to pass the paper test, I know, provided they learn to read and write in Spanish. (I don't mean any offense to Spanish reading and writing people, I am fully aware that it is no less difficult than English. But I also have the unfortune to know some amazing Americans who think of people who don't understand English as inherently stupid--and hence this bull****.)

YamiSouru MkIII
02-07-2006, 11:14 AM
well since corruption and bribes are as normal as breathing in my country, getting the drivers license is a piece of cake, just payfor it, and you will have it right away, same with guns license, even if you are a psycho, you can bypass the psychological test, and get your gun. ( i dont do this, im an honest fella, dont have guns, nor a car, have to walk:( .) but since corruption is so high here in my country, almost anything that need a test or a permit, you can pay and advance, the same can be said of universitary tests, pay and you are in ( i didnt paid, and suffered a hell to enter, always a damn straight fool:( .), i guess that there might be corruption too in USA. but there are the mechanism to punish this kind of people, here the people that punish the people that bribe also can be bribed too. you can bribe anyone here!!!:D .

june86
02-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I totally agree, if you can't pass the test dont drive. you are gna get someone killed. its dumb shyt people like that, pay for a license, that have accidents and get people injured and killed.

anwyays, but i have never heard of this. I dont think it is possible. seriously. (UNLESS TO YOU GOT A FRIEND/CONNECTION WORKING IN THE DMV AND IS UTTERLY CORRUPT) then To get a REGISTERED DMV CALIFORNIA LICENSE, BINDED WITH YOUR OFFICIAL REGISTERED PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DMV is impossible. If your friend gets pulled over by a cop. hes screwed. the cop will come back arrest him for having a fake license.

I have a friend that makes PERFECT california DMV license cards. He used to work at the DMV office, worked inventory. got a BOX full of precut blank cards. And went to an auction house and got a DMV license card printing machine. Dont know how he got one he did. IT's PERFECT. everything from the magnetic slide containing information, to the UV symbol and the photo color correction. Even the plastic is perfect...

but even that is a fake, and if a cop scans your license number, he'll see its not registered and arrest you for holding a fake license. good luckthanks for agreeing with me.
That's not so much a matter about honor/dishonor, but more of being a road hazard to people like me (who prefer motorcycles). =.= thats a other reason why i don't have respect for people who go thur getting a fake one.

helixfire
02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Shybal Noom, is that suntan lotion on your sig?

doyrena
02-07-2006, 01:43 PM
have $20? you got yourself a driving licence! (only available in my native country :D :D )

jaeonlyone
02-07-2006, 02:18 PM
well they do sell fake driver lincese, for like getting into clubs or get alchol, but not for actual driving. I think you go to jail for that

GiGaMoG
02-07-2006, 03:20 PM
eh...For me. People who're driving without licence are stupid... I mean people CAN'T buy skills and experience for their own. Driving a car without the knowlege of it is like suicide!

milkmandan
02-07-2006, 04:20 PM
well they do sell fake driver lincese, for like getting into clubs or get alchol, but not for actual driving. I think you go to jail for that
hahahah yeah thats true ;) reason why people have to get a fake drivers license to enter clubs and alcohol is cuz the california DMV drivers license, besides your passport is the only authorized and accepted identification card. so nothing else will work...

Hijiko
02-07-2006, 05:25 PM

I know quite a few people who do this, Thankfully they're honest enough to actually take the test and pass before driving. At least they're not as stupid as some =/.

xspeed
02-07-2006, 06:05 PM
You can actually skip the permit and buy the license for over $1000. Same goes for other countries, except you "HAVE" to do the actuall written and drive test.

In Germany, it's $10,000 to get a driver license, and in Japan, it's $1000 or more I heard. This is to regulate the number of underage and unskilled drivers.