smash
07-25-2011, 03:48 AM
Thank you very much for translating the game
finally finish the game and complete all
the second game is already out?

ps: sorry for my bad english

Sujit
07-25-2011, 03:59 AM
I find this game hilarious, I mean it hold a lot of parodies of typical JRPG.

Miho
07-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Thank's for the hard work on the english translation! You made my day.

Played through once in normal already and restarted with hard, finishing encyclopedia and what not for now. I really hate how the game ended, even if it's just the 1/3 part of the sequel. Made me really sad, I really love this game. It's been a long time since I've found an interesting enough h-game like this :( Gnome is such a cutie~ Just replaying and waiting for 2/3.

Threaded
07-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Nama sensei's japanese lessons on youtube.

Bro, this is a good start. Also, drink beer.

Oh, and OP is both a gentleman and a scholar. Great translation release for an awesome game.
:tears:

Awesome.

I don't drink though.

Sujit
07-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Does anyone have a save with all CG scenes unlocked in the encyclopedia? I somehow missed four encounters entirely, apparently. They just show as ???.

If you "recall" the battle you can try to get it again. However to get Alice rape scene then you have to NOT help her in the beginning.

KainXS
07-25-2011, 12:34 PM
does anyone know what the encounter is for the monster under scorpion girl

foamy111
07-25-2011, 01:06 PM
i'm pretty sure its the genie girl but correct me if i'm wrong

Wolfang
07-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Just thought i should say thank you for translating this game.

Wish the game had a more constance art style and less tentacles and more humanoid encounters.

and the way it ends is kinda annoying heres to hoping you translate the 2nd and 3rd games when they come out.

I like Alice :)

any one got a complete 100% save ?

Iwo
07-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Here is (almost) 100% savegame. 100% scenes and CG are unlocked, but some achievments are still not obtained.

Megaupload mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0JVQG80N

Xilium
07-25-2011, 02:03 PM
So uh...anyone got a folder with all the H-scenes? :whisper:
Post #387 (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/343021-Monster-Girl-Quest-Full-English-Patch?p=3069548#post3069548)

robertdexter
07-25-2011, 02:04 PM
This game should be great if creator makes map movement, equipment purchase, stats, skills customized, and allowed partner beside letting main character fighting all alone, CG really need to be improved, especially color, story kinda bad when expose monster lord so early, this will be a very great game if those stuffs fit in lol, btw, thanks for translation, it kinda excellent job for community.The art on the Harpy Queen looked very good, but the Slug, Worm and Leech Girl needs work. It looks like the Monster Girl art was done by different people when you compare some of the monsters together.

smash
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
well i have the entire 100% game save in archievement

well here megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HQK4LJNZ

ps:sorry for my bad english

and if missing one file please show what file i need put

AlextheLazy
07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
The art on the Harpy Queen looked very good, but the Slug, Worm and Leech Girl needs work. It looks like the Monster Girl art was done by different people when you compare some of the monsters together.

Artist frfr

Granbaria, Goblin, Harpy(all of therm), Sylph, Gnome

Artist UN_DO

Spider girl, Zombies, Chrome, Slug

Artist Iwashi no Atama(鰯の頭)

Elf, Dark Elf Fencer

Artist Epee(えぺ)

Sara

Artist Kenkou Cross(健康クロス)

Slime Girl, Alice

Artist Jingai Modoki(人外モドキ)

Petite Lamia, Tamamo, Vampire

Artist Setouchi(瀬戸内)

Crab girl, Iron Maiden, Sphinx

Artist Delphinus (デルフィナス)

Fairy, D.Elf Summoner, Chimera Dryad

Tale
07-26-2011, 02:16 AM
omg whats the game mean next installment im so interested in the game and it says that whats going on lol

Ippikiryu
07-26-2011, 02:32 AM
I actually registered just to say this (I was content to browse before)

One: Thank you so much for this translation.
Two: XDXD San Iria music: Chopin's Nocturne in Eb major Op. 9 No. 2 That amuses me a lot.

EDIT: Does anyone have information on the next 'chapter?' I'm pretty excited for it. (I can somewhat read runes so...it's all good)

EDIT2: To the OP, do you plan on translating the rest of the series? (To everyone else, apparently, chapter 2 comes out sometime in August, and the last chapter comes out early next year)

Michikun
07-26-2011, 12:56 PM
They did a new patch for the game that includes more monster girls, I don't know if the patch affects the english traduction or not but here it is http://mon110.sakura.ne.jp/mong/saport.html:neko:

Arkanoid23
07-26-2011, 01:38 PM
They did a new patch for the game that includes more monster girls, I don't know if the patch affects the english traduction or not but here it is http://mon110.sakura.ne.jp/mong/saport.html:neko:

Not rly. Just some fixes.

Rajo
07-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi all !

First of all thank's for this game's translation !
I really had a good time playing it !

Is there a sequel (monmusu 2 ? ) ?:beautiful:
Because the story is not finished when the game stop, isn't it ?

Dargoth
07-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Patch 1.03 notes:

Auto-mode will no longer cut off spoken dialogue
Sara's fellatio CG remade (slight changes, mainly Luka's dick gets smaller so you can see more of her breasts)
Fixed a bug with the request option and full screen (no idea what this bug was)
Losing to the Goblin Girl is now properly counted in the records
Fixed a bug where you'd ejaculate with remaining HP when hit with successive attacks
Fixed a bug where the wrong music would play after the event at the witch village
Fixed some typos

Since the patch replaces the game script, it isn't compatible with the English translation.

Seyser Koze
07-26-2011, 02:40 PM
I actually registered just to say this (I was content to browse before)

One: Thank you so much for this translation.
Two: XDXD San Iria music: Chopin's Nocturne in Eb major Op. 9 No. 2 That amuses me a lot.

I was more amused when Pomp and Circumstance was playing in the desert castle...

TokiNoKimi
07-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Sara's fellatio CG remade (slight changes, mainly Luka's dick gets smaller so you can see more of her breasts)

For some reason, this made me laugh. Poor guy.

JCAll
07-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Patch 1.03 notes:

Auto-mode will no longer cut off spoken dialogue
Fixed a bug with the request option and full screen (no idea what this bug was)
Losing to the Goblin Girl is now properly counted in the records
Fixed a bug where you'd ejaculate with remaining HP when hit with successive attacks
Fixed a bug where the wrong music would play after the event at the witch village
Fixed some typos

Since the patch replaces the game script, it isn't compatible with the English translation.

Nothing worth getting upset about losing there.
Can we get a pic of the remade CG for comparison?

Dargoth
07-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Sure. Here's the before and after.

http://i.imgur.com/6jOVu.png

MasterVash
07-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Am I imagining things, or did I catch a Freezepop reference in the translation?
http://i.imgur.com/yR0Np.jpg

Sujit
07-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Am I imagining things, or did I catch a Freezepop reference in the translation?
http://i.imgur.com/yR0Np.jpg

I did not get it.

MasterVash
07-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I did not get it.

Well, to be more specific it'd be a Jem and the Holograms reference, but people today would probably be more familiar with Freezepop's rendition of the opening theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07jCFJAbPk

RogueTranslator
07-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Haha, I'm more of a game type person than an old cartoon (despite the darkwing duck) guy. It was more for Taric's quote from LoL. I don't really like it when people put references and such, but I couldn't help but put 5 in the game. They're all really close to what was said originally though, so I had to do it. Please forgive me.

Ippikiryu
07-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Sorry to ask again, but Rogue, do you plan on translating monmusu 2? And the third? You're already a god among men [/cliche] but that would bring you over the top and make the world [/hyperbole] love you forever.

aethura
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
After losing to the sphinx's Ancient Law of Ecstasy, she says " Don't be afraid. Beaten eaten by me will be like dissolving in heaven." It's only one of the few typos I can remember but I'll edit this post if I find more. And, although it may just be me, it seems you start out with 5 defeats at the beginning of the game.

That aside, this is a brilliant game and I enjoyed playing through it. The story felt real enough to me that after Alice's lecture when I pulled out the Mandragora, I couldn't help but make decisions based on what I felt was 'right' and not just because I wanted to see what would happen. This game even made me cry at some points, both from laughter and pity. Although it saddens me to see the game come to such an abrupt end, my heart can only sing with joy at the thought that the entire story is far too long for just this one game to hold.

RogueTranslator, I thank you for bringing this game to the English speaking community, I thank you for your dedication to finish the translation from beginning to end, and, most importantly, I thank you for the quality of which, despite the very quick speed at which your translations progressed, is absolutely superb. I can only hope that you will continue your translations, even if they have nothing to do with the Monmusu series, for not many can bring to the table the speed and quality your work possesses. The world needs more people like you. You are a hero and I would happily be your Amira and should I stand in a such a quirky yet erotic pose as she does then I will be damned if I don't have proper CGs for you get.

Edit: My mistake, I just remembered that I died when I was messing around at the beginning with the choices when speaking to Ilias and died a few times.
Edit2: After losing to Alice when you don't help her, Luka thinks 'While I know what will happen after to me after this... I still want to surrender to these amazing feelings.'

Starks
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm getting crashes when I try to safe save with a native Linux version of Mion's Onscripter-EN. Regular native Onscripter for Linux seems to work fine.

eric@kingfisher:~/mgq$ ./ons
System info: Intel CPU, with functions: MMX SSE SSE2
Adding path: .
Adding path: ..
Adding path: ./:../
Script found: ./nscript.dat
Adding path: /home/eric/.ONScripter-2b6e9d/
Adding path: ./:../
open /dev/sequencer: No such file or directory
***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 80152 (*define:24) - command [deletemenu] is not supported yet!! ***
(String buffer: [deletemenu])
***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 80158 (*define:30) - command [autosaveoff] is not supported yet!! ***
(String buffer: [autosaveoff])
***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 81444 (*customsel:13) - getcselstr: no select link at index 2 (max index is 1) ***
***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 81444 (*customsel:13) - getcselstr: no select link at index 2 (max index is 1) ***
***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 60 (*sean0001:30) - dll effect 'system\lngtwave.dll/vwi' (99) not implemented; substituting crossfade ***
(String buffer: [system\lngtwave.dll/vwi])
***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 60 (*sean0001:30) - dll effect 'system\lngtwave.dll/vwi' (99) not implemented; substituting crossfade ***
(String buffer: [system\lngtwave.dll/vwi])
***[Fatal] Access Error at line 82870 (*save_yesno:4) - Undeclared array number 0 ***
(String buffer: [�P�O�P,"Save Game])
***[Info] Access Error ***
Undeclared array number 0
at line 82870 (*save_yesno:4)

| mov %savedatanow,%bwait-50-300+%savepagenow ;�Z�[�u�ԍ���
|
> yesnobox %sub1,"Save Game? ","Save Confirmation " ;�C�G�X�m�[�I�

Vyrovanevir
07-28-2011, 03:49 AM
You are just the best translator ever. Thanks. :D

Cockroach1989
07-28-2011, 05:47 AM
thanks for your good work man!! i appreciate it a lot!!

CommanderBokko
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Finally! No more "yes/food" or "vomiting sighs" from Translator Aggregator. I can finally enjoy this game to the fullest. Thanks, dude!

PandaK
07-28-2011, 03:55 PM
What is the monster between the Scorpion Girl and Mummy Girl on page 3 and where do I find her?

robertdexter
07-28-2011, 04:10 PM
What is the monster between the Scorpion Girl and Mummy Girl on page 3 and where do I find her?That's the Lamp Genie, you can fight her by choosing the "Give into Temptation" option.

PandaK
07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
That's the Lamp Genie, you can fight her by choosing the "Give into Temptation" option.

Ah shit. I don't have a save there, is there any way to get that scene?

robertdexter
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Ah shit. I don't have a save there, is there any way to get that scene?Load from a previous save if you didn't save at her. :(

PandaK
07-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Load from a previous save if you didn't save at her. It's the only way :(

But my last save was hours ago oh noooo

Xilium
07-28-2011, 06:50 PM
You can hold down ctrl to speed through the text.

Cieno
07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the translation.

I've unfortunately run into a snag during the Kraken battle, when she uses Aqua Pentagram the game freezes. I've browsed through the thread, but couldnt locate a solution to this issue. Any chance someone could share a save file right AFTER that battle ends?? or if that fails a full save so I can at least see what i'll miss since I cant get past that battle. *** NEVERMIND ^_^ on my third time through the thread I found a save file that works close enough for me***

Thanks again for the translation! ^_^

RogueTranslator
07-28-2011, 10:27 PM
It's something to do with loading the video... I think those who had that issue were using a windows emulator or something on a Macintosh? I'm not really sure how to get around it. I could change the script (or anyone else can by decompiling it) and stopping it from playing if that's really the only issue with it.

tilkau
07-29-2011, 03:31 AM
With WINE, you have to install quartz.dll (and devenum.dll?) in your WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory, then set them to native in winecfg.
This allowed me to pass that point (note that I didn't actually see the clip.. It just said 'Aqua Pentagram', nothing happens, and the story continues as normal)

(I'm running on Arch Linux, FYI. The same should apply for Mac though since that's also Linux.)

I also set the emulated Windows version to XP. Dunno if it effects anything in this case, but I can say that everything seems to work perfectly apart from that offending clip (apparently MPEG-1 playback is 'Not implemented', per the WINE terminal output)

If you're curious, you can play the "effect/movie03.mpg" in mplayer (it plays fine, ironically). movie01.mpg is also present, but from my playthrough so far, doesn't seem to be used (it's a somewhat underwhelming firey attack)

RetiredTroll
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know which files to delete to clear all save data? Not just saved games, but also player statistics and whatnot?

robertdexter
07-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know which files to delete to clear all save data? Not just saved games, but also player statistics and whatnot?You should only need to delete the files in the Save Data folder to clear everything.

fox11
07-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Funny game, just curious what did you use to patch game? Have been trying to open nscript.dat file to something readable but no success. I like pulling apart game files to see how the y work.

Elhlyn
07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
is the game finished? because when i finished acquiring Gnome (sprite) I kinda pressed on the spacebar (speeds up text) and I end up reading the credits and went back to the menu... and I think it said something about chapter 1 or something with Ilias talking or something

TokiNoKimi
07-30-2011, 10:52 AM
There's supposed to be 3 chapters for this game, but the other chapters aren't released yet.

ShiroiRyu
07-30-2011, 03:35 PM
I know i don't post that much but hey, rare posts show how good are some games and this game ...
I can't say more about this.
I'm really hoping you will translate the two others parts when they will be out.
If i understand, but i don't remember where i read it, the game sold pretty well and we can hope more voice actors and better graphismes (i already love them).

fukae
07-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Best ero game I have played since Erotical Night, and this actually has a solid story! I was losing hope that the doujin industry isn't going to make more rpg style games and this game is above expectation. Rogue, you're the man for making it possible to play for the English players. :)

I've heard rumor that chapter 2 comes out in August? Anyone knows something about this? I can't seem to find anything on the website..

omfgitsham
07-31-2011, 07:32 AM
I really love that game! Thank you very very much for translating this! I hope you will translate the other 2 parts aswell when they're out! :D

ShiroiRyu
07-31-2011, 10:24 AM
One question anyways : Someone have the OST of this game ?
I know it's a lot from others games too ... :s

RogueTranslator
07-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Go look in the \bgm\ folder of the game directory. They're all there in .ogg format.

Chapter 2 should be out in Japan in a while. There has been no concrete date set besides "a couple months" (Posted on his twitter a few weeks ago) as far as I'm aware. People believe that the release will coincide with comiket in August, but I doubt it.

ShiroiRyu
07-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh thanks for the musics. (the directory)
And thanks for the answer, we have just to wait so.

Rakil
07-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Game crashes on the Goblin Girl, when she mounts you and I select wait, attack or struggle the game will crash...
My system location is set to Japan and language for non-unicode programs is set to Japanese. Also using the current patch version 1.0 odd thing is I finished the game before all the way to the end... reinstalled the game and now cant get past this point. This play thru I am going thru on hard mode without lossing any battles. when I get to the goblin girl I crash after she mounts you. Only difference from now and before is that now I have zero defeats.

I get an error pop up that says...

returnとgosub(more jp text)<- sorry no screen shot.

099.txt line:25315

|if %sinkou=1 && %before_action=21 goto *gob_skill1
|if %sinkou=1 && %before_action=41 goto *gob_skill2
>if %kousoku=1 return

Ok (button) then game closes.

luppolo
07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
thanks for the translation, looking forward to part 2 and 3

it sucks that they had the worst artist draw most of the monsters, why didn't they have the cover chars maker do everything T_T

Antipanda
08-01-2011, 12:41 AM
thanks for the translation, looking forward to part 2 and 3

it sucks that they had the worst artist draw most of the monsters, why didn't they have the cover chars maker do everything T_T

That would be a helluva lot of work.
Great game .. I can't wait for the sequels.

Rakil
08-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Adventure Record error for Tiny Lamia... when you get finished off by the skill "Tiny Tightening" the in game description says she is tightening around you with her tail... the end of battle summary says it's her tight vagina... yet for the Adventure Record, the count goes up by 1 on page 2 for "Tit Fuck Ejaculations"?! That's not tail or vagina related. I can see how a tail or vagina can be related for a Lamia... but the Adventure Record is clearly wrong by adding it to the Tit Fuck Ejaculation score.

DeadlyPocky
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Best ero game I have played since Erotical Night, and this actually has a solid story! I was losing hope that the doujin industry isn't going to make more rpg style games and this game is above expectation. Rogue, you're the man for making it possible to play for the English players. :)

I've heard rumor that chapter 2 comes out in August? Anyone knows something about this? I can't seem to find anything on the website..

Go look in the \bgm\ folder of the game directory. They're all there in .ogg format.

Chapter 2 should be out in Japan in a while. There has been no concrete date set besides "a couple months" (Posted on his twitter a few weeks ago) as far as I'm aware. People believe that the release will coincide with comiket in August, but I doubt it.

Heard somewhere it might be in a couple days actually.

August 3rd. Though, I have no solid evidence of this, I think it's just speculation right now.

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I just found this game on 4chan /t.

Do you still need help with hacking word wrap into the game? I've done it for the Complets games, maybe I could give it a try here as well.

EDIT: yuck, seems the programmers like to use the "unroll loops" feature of the compiler, so there's plenty of repeated code, still working at this...
Edit: nope, it's a little more straightforward than I thought...
Edit: looks like there is some kind of wrapping code in there, it just doesn't work.

Arkanoid23
08-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Heard somewhere it might be in a couple days actually.

August 3rd. Though, I have no solid evidence of this, I think it's just speculation right now.

It still would need a testing time on dlsite i guess so nope we would see the title there already.

robertdexter
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Can I get a link to this guys Twitter page?

Wouldn't a Monster Girl Quest 2 trial be out before the full release? Maybe they won't even do a trial for the second game.

Anyways... I hope the game is released soon!

AlextheLazy
08-02-2011, 01:15 AM

Wouldn't a Monster Girl Quest 2 trial be out before the full release? Maybe they won't even do a trial for the second game.

Anyways... I hope the game is released soon!

well I'm expecting it to come out in October

Dargoth
08-02-2011, 02:04 AM

http://twitter.com/#!/torotoro_mon

ShiroiRyu
08-02-2011, 03:28 AM
I have one question for the achievement : i have all the monsters on the encyclopedia but not the achievements.
The same for the technique : i have five techniques but no achievements ?
Finally how to have Sylph tired out ?
To won a Hell fight, someone have a good idea ? ^^

smash
08-02-2011, 05:48 AM
I have one question for the achievement : i have all the monsters on the encyclopedia but not the achievements.
The same for the technique : i have five techniques but no achievements ?
Finally how to have Sylph tired out ?
u have goddess Ilia?
the techniques achievements is see all techniques of all monster (u will lose a lot)
keep trying its luck
fight antlion girl, but u need at least one critical atack

ShiroiRyu
08-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Yes, yes i have the goddess too (wanted to see more of her. :o).
Ok for the techniques, i thought it's was OUR techniques.
For Sylph, it's just luck, so ... Thanks a lot.
And yes, now you say it ... To win a Hell fight, it's just based on the fight who need "luck" and to be done fastly ...
(But we don't have a difficulty Hell on story mode, it's that ?)
Anyways, thanks a lot !

smash
08-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes, yes i have the goddess too (wanted to see more of her. :o).
Ok for the techniques, i thought it's was OUR techniques.
For Sylph, it's just luck, so ... Thanks a lot.
And yes, now you say it ... To win a Hell fight, it's just based on the fight who need "luck" and to be done fastly ...
(But we don't have a difficulty Hell on story mode, it's that ?)
Anyways, thanks a lot !

if u dont have patience u can have my save game complete (yes i manage somehow all achivements)

Seyser Koze
08-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Oh, god. Reading the guy's Twitter page is going to spoil Dead Space 2 for me. This isn't fair.

robertdexter
08-02-2011, 01:27 PM

fight antlion girl, but u need at least one critical atack

The Iron Maiden is probably the easiest one to do on Hell mode, it's a guaranteed win if you Keep Slyph up and don't attack while the Iron Maiden is open.

ShiroiRyu
08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I prefer to try when to use another save. ^^ (Same if i don't understand how to have our Dragon general using her fire attack ... Same for the succubus one)
Anyways, when i looked at the site of the game, i saw so many others monsters girl and the last general :

Who is a slime girl.

http://mon110.sakura.ne.jp/mong/top.html
And yes for the Hell Mode with Iron Maiden, the Iron Maiden is good too for the achievement : No damage.

Seyser Koze
08-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I think the slime general is also the only other character drawn by Alice's artist...

ShiroiRyu
08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I think the slime general is also the only other character drawn by Alice's artist...

Yes, from what i saw on danbooru, Kenkou Kross did only theses two.
It's a shame when you know how beautiful are his drawings about monster girls.

Szarala
08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
as much as i appreciate this guy's work in putting this game together.. who the hell uses frames anymore for their website? It's giving Chrome fits.

Dargoth
08-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Japanese website design in general seems to be stuck in 1995. Speaking of websites, does anyone have a site/blog/anything for the artist frfr or even know who he is? He did the 4 elemental spirits, all the harpies, and some others that looked really good, but I'm not having any luck searching the Internet for "frfr" in Japanese or English.

DukeNukem
08-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I WANT MONSTER QUEST PART 2, HOW long till they release this holey

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Huzzah! We get WordWrap!
And after spending 14 hours in front of OllyDbg...

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=206117&stc=1&d=1312333949

robertdexter
08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Japanese website design in general seems to be stuck in 1995. Speaking of websites, does anyone have a site/blog/anything for the artist frfr or even know who he is? He did the 4 elemental spirits, all the harpies, and some others that looked really good, but I'm not having any luck searching the Internet for "frfr" in Japanese or English.
Artist name: frfr
Pixiv nickname: うすしおあじ (Usushioaji)
Pixiv account: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=250940

RogueTranslator
08-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Oh crap, awesome man! Did it require modifying the executable?

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-02-2011, 08:22 PM
It took 5 exe hacks:
* When it gathers bytes to display a single 2-byte character, it grabs one byte instead of two if it's an ASCII character (excluding control characters @ or \, those do special things)
* When it gathers bytes for the scrollback buffer, it grabs one byte instead of two if it's an ASCII character
* After displaying a character, instead of always adding 2 to the character position, it checks whether or not it's an ASCII character and adds 1 if it is.
* When it adds to the X coordinate of the cursor, it adds half as much when it's an ASCII character
* When checking to see if it's hit the right margin, it computes the length of the next word in pixels, and checks that against the right margin. (Word wrap!)

Normally the game just grabs 2-byte things and spits them out onto the screen, because it just assumes everything is Japanese words. I mainly changed it to use 1-byte at a time for ASCII text instead of 2 bytes at a time. I don't think word wrap would have worked without getting a 1-character-at-a-time display first.
This also means that it displays text twice as slowly than before, so just change the speed in options.

95% of the work is just finding out how the game does things. The other 5% is writing your own replacement ASM code.

TODO: Make it word wrap when displaying the scroll back buffer.

RogueTranslator
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM
That's awesome man... I'd love to add it into the patch (and I'm sure the second game will be the same engine). You're a hero =D

robertdexter
08-02-2011, 09:16 PM
That's awesome man... I'd love to add it into the patch (and I'm sure the second game will be the same engine). You're a hero =D

Is that a hint that you will be doing the second game? =O

ShiroiRyu
08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Huzzah! We get WordWrap!
And after spending 14 hours in front of OllyDbg...

Oh yeah ! Thanks a lot ! With that, the translation of the game will be perfect ! \o/

dirtyxmind
08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Hello!
I just want to know if the English Patch only works with the version 1.00 of the game or if it works for all the updates... because i managed to get the 1.02 version and i know the update 1.03 is available for download.

Thank you for your kind attention!

RogueTranslator
08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
The version updates are replacing the script files, which is what the entire patch is... So you cannot replace the updates.

I did the translations based off version 1.0 of the game, but I included the additional harpy CGs of 1.02 and the artists additional CGs + scene for Frederika into the english patch. 1.03 patch slightly alters Sara's H-scene CG, but I don't think it's such a huge change that it's worth updating everything for.

tilkau
08-03-2011, 06:02 PM
For this purpose, we have 'diff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff)'. If someone can get the script files for 1.0 and 1.03, in a textual rather than binary format, to me(PM me for my email address), I can easily diff them, which should clarify exactly which lines would need to be changed (probably ~20, most of which would be logic rather than text.)

Xilium
08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
For this purpose, we have 'diff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff)'. If someone can get the script files for 1.0 and 1.03, in a textual rather than binary format, to me(PM me for my email address), I can easily diff them, which should clarify exactly which lines would need to be changed (probably ~20, most of which would be logic rather than text.)
I used a similar program to help Rouge in implementing the Frederika patch changes. I wasn't looking all that hard but I think the majority of the changes were grammar/typo based. But if you or anyone else is willing to comb through it, I'll upload the scripts as text files, just remember to use Japanese encoding or have your system set to Japanese local.

As for what should already be implemented, as stated the Harpy Twins additional CG from patch 1.02 has been implemented and everything from the Frederika patch except the Suck Vore's level drain ability.

Edit: Originally forgot English script
The files (http://www.mediafire.com/?h3rw11vbzlh3pwh)
An example of how I explained how to implement them to Rouge (If you have an easier way, then by all means do that). (http://www.monstergirlunlimited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2128&start=360#p195635)

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Whenever someone says Diff, they really mean "WinMerge"

robertdexter
08-03-2011, 10:46 PM
As for what should already be implemented, as stated the Harpy Twins additional CG from patch 1.02 has been implemented and everything from the Frederika patch except the Suck Vore's level drain ability. Why was this not added? I'm sad now... :(

dirtyxmind
08-03-2011, 11:15 PM
The version updates are replacing the script files, which is what the entire patch is... So you cannot replace the updates.

I did the translations based off version 1.0 of the game, but I included the additional harpy CGs of 1.02 and the artists additional CGs + scene for Frederika into the english patch. 1.03 patch slightly alters Sara's H-scene CG, but I don't think it's such a huge change that it's worth updating everything for.

Thank you for the answer RogueTranslator!
And THANK YOU A LOT for this great translation :) ;)

tilkau
08-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Whenever someone says Diff, they really mean "WinMerge"
I always knew I wasn't just someone, thanks for the confirmation ;)

(If you have an easier way, then by all means do that)

Yes -- diff format is standardized and easy to read; copy/paste is pretty easy with a good notation.
Thanks for the script files, here's an initial diff (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zv8hv01z2a5vuh1) (no editing yet):
It's pretty large. 457 lines were amended, 469 were added.

Here's a summary of the changes 'Original' ->'1.03':

0. Changes that I can't observe visually. Like this:

見知らぬ冒険家にまで、心配されてしまう僕。@

見知らぬ冒険者にまで、心配されてしまう僕。@

they don't look different, but there is at least one changed character. Maybe this is just a grammatical change.

1. Many lines ending in '\' have been changed to end in '/'
2. Many delays ('if %sinkouonoff=2 delay 13000-%autotime') following the above lines)
3. 'nanido' gets copied into mogaku or genmogaku ("if %nanido=1 mov %mogaku,1" etc)
4. Exactly which images are shown during Sara's scenes
5. An additional 'numalias' and a bgm change

It would be fairly easy to separate out #4, which I presume is what is of greatest significance in this list. That would probably reduce the diff to 100 lines or less. I'm working on it.
EDIT:
Done: Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?bpwtb1w5porf1c0) -- 52 lines changed, 54 lines added.
There were some other things that seemed like bugfixes that were small and seemed important to leave in.
Itemized:
* some changes to the use of 'name' statement and the names given
* few changes to damage values
* Sara cg changes
* Taran (Tarantula?) cg additions
* changes to buttons (??) (this constitutes a large proportion of the changed lines)
* some 'zukanon' changes (seems to effect which ending you get)

If you're curious about the

@@ -64543,6 +64968,7 @@:
64543 is the source line number, i.e. it identifies a line in the 1.00 script (probably in the english script, the equivalent line will be offset somewhat). Use that to get an idea of whether you are in approximately the right place.
64968 is the destination line number (i.e in the 1.03 script). The other two numbers don't matter.

ShiroiRyu
08-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Can we have in CG the additionnal content ? (Just to know what is the big differences or not)
Anyways, i wanted to know, someone have a link to buy the game for European state ? And the monster girl encyclopedia from Kenkou Cross ?

tilkau
08-04-2011, 05:26 AM
I don't have the extra CG data myself.

On a different topic: I was making a .desktop file (launcher) and I needed an icon. So I grabbed the taskbar icon (32x32), gave it some pixel love, then decided it was too small (Kupfer seems to expect 128x128) and made another icon based on a) the original 32x32 icon and b) a pose of the character that the original icon is based on.

They're attached (PNG)

Xilium
08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Can we have in CG the additionnal content ? (Just to know what is the big differences or not)
Anyways, i wanted to know, someone have a link to buy the game for European state ? And the monster girl encyclopedia from Kenkou Cross ?
The only additional CG since release are for the Harpy Twins, Frederika/Chrome, and Sara. The former two where added in already. The Sara CG was meant to be a replacement and just reduced the size of Luke's penis so to accent Sara's breast more. Rouge didn't feel it was a big enough change for a patch update (a comparison was posted earlier (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/343021-Monster-Girl-Quest-Full-English-Patch?p=3087143#post3087143)). The Tarantula stuff posted above looks like facial expression changes during the rape scene.

As for buying the game, you should be able to get it from the English DLsite (http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE074254.html). As far as I know, it is accessible from Europe.

Lastly, the in-game encyclopedia was made specifically for this game but THE monster girl encyclopedia is by Kenkou Cross.

64543 is the source line number, i.e. it identifies a line in the 1.00 script (probably in the english script, the equivalent line will be offset somewhat). Use that to get an idea of whether you are in approximately the right place.
64968 is the destination line number (i.e in the 1.03 script). The other two numbers don't matter.
I probably should have just said it instead of pointing to an example, but the line numbers are quite a ways off when compared to the English script (for a number of reasons, like the additional stuff from the Frederika patch), especially as you move further down the script. I was trying to point out that it would be easier to point out the subroutine headers (*blahblah) as they are easy to search for and typically don't repeat. I think you provided enough lines per section though that they shouldn't be too hard to find.

ShiroiRyu
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I spoke about the monster girl encyclopedia by Kenkou Kross.
I'm interesed on this. And i never know DLsite doing for Europe too. Thanks a lot.
For the CG, thanks one more time, too.

Xilium
08-04-2011, 01:45 PM
This forum (http://www.monstergirlunlimited.com/forum/) is dedicated to discussing monster girls in the context of the world created by Kenkou Cross
Here's a link to download a full scan of the Japanese encyclopedia. (http://www.mediafire.com/?812om105qwzdd4f)
A link for all the currently translated profiles (http://www.multiupload.com/EE3T3ZX609)
Kenkou Cross's Homepage/Blog (http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/)

avitron1
08-05-2011, 12:13 AM
The patch works great until i get to the kraken whenever she uses the aqua pentagram attack it freezes! Is there any way to fix that?

ShiroiRyu
08-05-2011, 07:15 AM
I already know about the homepage of Kenkou Kross.
Anyways, thanks for the forum, i will register too. ^^
For the Kraken, i have no problem.
Same for the fire attack ...

Master Prichter
08-05-2011, 07:53 AM
The patch works great until i get to the kraken whenever she uses the aqua pentagram attack it freezes! Is there any way to fix that?

The Search function is your friend. But, here, let me write it in detail for posterity.

You're using Wine, aren't you? You'll need to download two .dll files (1 (http://www.dlldump.com/dllfiles/D/devenum.dll) & 2 (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?quartz)), put them inside /home/[your user name here].wine/drive_c/windows/system. After that, run winecfg, go to the "Libraries" tab, add two new overrides (one for each file), click "Edit" and select "Native (Windows)". This solves the Kraken Aqua Pentagon crash bug. Or, at least, for me it worked.

vanchrian
08-05-2011, 04:24 PM
This game is marvelous! This is going to be the first eroge I actually purchase!

And if you're still around to translate the next one, I'll buy it too! Hell, I'd even donate money if it'll help =)

borisjineman
08-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I finished Chapter 1 with English. Thanks!!!!

Cio
08-06-2011, 05:20 AM
This game is marvelous! This is going to be the first eroge I actually purchase!

And if you're still around to translate the next one, I'll buy it too! Hell, I'd even donate money if it'll help =)

If you're really bought it, then, we are really the same, the different thing only i bought it hoping it get translated officially, but in the end RT and many more translate it so i think my hope being answered :D

Peni
08-06-2011, 05:29 AM
I had heard about this game a while ago, and while it looked fun, it wasn't the kind of game you really want to use AGTH + Atlas for.
Only two days ago did I find out about this English patch, and the game is incredible. Easily my favorite H-game I've played (and I've played a few), thank you for the translation and I will be sure to support the developers, as I consider it an important investment.

vanchrian
08-06-2011, 09:44 AM
If you're really bought it, then, we are really the same, the different thing only i bought it hoping it get translated officially, but in the end RT and many more translate it so i think my hope being answered :D

I've just bought it. I'm not rich enough to be able to afford buying eroge that I can't play =P

avitron1
08-06-2011, 05:06 PM
The Search function is your friend. But, here, let me write it in detail for posterity.

You're using Wine, aren't you? You'll need to download two .dll files (1 (http://www.dlldump.com/dllfiles/D/devenum.dll) & 2 (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?quartz)), put them inside /home/[your user name here].wine/drive_c/windows/system. After that, run winecfg, go to the "Libraries" tab, add two new overrides (one for each file), click "Edit" and select "Native (Windows)". This solves the Kraken Aqua Pentagon crash bug. Or, at least, for me it worked.

I did what you said but nothing changed except that the words came more clearly. Still crashed. T_T

tilkau
08-06-2011, 05:25 PM
^ LOL @ thinking Crossover is not based off of Wine.
Anyway, I used WineGame. It setup a reasonable environment and a desktop shortcut for the exe I chose. Only thing I had to do was do the mentioned config (invoking winecfg, which is also a GUI app, via a button in winegame).

Before that, I had also done it using just Wine. I winecfg'd as mentioned before, then saved a script containing the command "env LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine mon_que.exe", in the Monmusu directory; then I just called that script to run it.
Either way, it's pretty simple IME.

BloodNite
08-06-2011, 11:50 PM

why dont you(rogue) make a donation thing so we can donate money so you can buy the second game its the least we can do for you translating the 1st game and maybe the second one:hero:

robertdexter
08-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Rogue would have legal problems if he accepted any kind of money...

BloodNite
08-07-2011, 01:20 AM
is there a way to donate money to someone and get him the game as a gift? cuz i dont think (forum)friends pitching in some money together for a gift would be illegal...unless its a problem with the country hes in since i have no clue where he is:exhausted2:
its was just a thought since like you said giving money might be a problem but i didnt know if we could get him the game at least as a thank you gift:chant:

Seyser Koze
08-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Is it really a gift when you say "here's the game, now translate it for me pl0x"?

BloodNite
08-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Is it really a gift when you say "here's the game, now translate it for me pl0x"?

its a gift for translating the first one which he did of his own will if he does the rest its his choose but he did a big favor for a lot of mg fans so i kinda wanna give something as a thank you its not often someone just translates a game on a whim by themselves

RogueTranslator
08-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Haha I appreciate the thought, but don't worry about it.

xenux
08-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for translation, its great!

I found some typos:
"The village has becme chaotic" when slime girl appears in Ilias Village.
"Of couse... that's right" in conversation after learning demon decapitation.
"I want to drive them awayss but I'm afraid I'm too weak..." when talking with Soldier B about thieves.
"After a second the cyldiner explodes, showering colorful light all over the area" after defeating queen harpy.
After end of Sara quest she says goobye instead of goodbye.

Also, will suck vore level drain ability be added to english patch?

Garcias
08-07-2011, 06:40 PM
At first: thanks for the translation!!

but it looks like i did not have the correct character font, so i did not see any numbers
could you please tell me the name of the correct character font, and how i fix it?
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/110808/capture_08082011_023445_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Liminal
08-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Set your System Locale to Japanese.

As for typos, considering that Rogue isnt being paid and its still perfectly understandable, it's fine by me. :shake:

Garcias
08-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Set your System Locale to Japanese.

Already tried it. after restarting my pc the window7 won't start and a launch repair screen appears :///

Soikrul
08-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Already tried it. after restarting my pc the window7 won't start and a launch repair screen appears :///

That indicates a much larger problem than missing fonts. Try running the command:
sfc /scannow
from an elevated command prompt (command prompt with admin rights). If the repair finds/fixes anything, then go back and try relaunching in the Jap locale.

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-07-2011, 09:30 PM
NOTE: There's a new version of the line wrap patch, go to >> This Post (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/343021-Monster-Girl-Quest-Part-1-Full-English-Patch?p=3230159#post3230159) << instead.

So here's the line-wrapping patch, finally.
I had hit a huge problem in my previous effort. In my previous effort, I had changed the game to process characters byte-by-byte instead of in 2-byte chunks. This would make the text appear more natural, since it would be drawing one character at a time instead of two, and make it easier to program line wrapping. Unfortunately, this ended up causing a bunch of strange error messages during battles, where it would claim it was drawing text out of bounds, when it clearly wasn't. Then after you got an error message, it would quit. Not good. You can never predict how Japanese games will react to such hacks, some games absolutely need the single-byte character hack and will crash without it, but this game just crashes with that kind of hack.
So I made a new patch, where it processes the text as 2-byte chunks, and still manages to perform line wrapping successfully. Normally you'd have problems where a two byte block begins with a space, and you'd see a space after a previous line wraps, but I've hacked that stuff away, and we have true line wrapping, even with text displayed as two-byte chunks.
There is line wrapping for the main text, as well as the backlog (history buffer).
Occasionally, the wrapping will not match between the main text and history buffer, this happens after there's some control characters processed in the main text makes it wrap to the next line and display more text, but the history buffer just sees one big long word, so it wraps earlier.

Consider this version a beta, it still needs testing to the end of the game to see if there are any other problems. Patch also includes source code, because you always need to keep that stuff open.
You probably only need the "mon_que-patch.exe" file.

PS: Do we really need that big long warning about saved games at the beginning? Whenever I save a game somewhere other than a "SAVE LOCATION", it gives a nasty error message every time you hit Enter or OK, but it saves fine after you hit ESC. Then when I load it, it just takes me back to the last "SAVE LOCATION". I seldom get an unloadable save game, it does happen on occasion, but very rarely. The only way I've reliably gotten an unloadable save is when I save during the translator notes at the beginning and no "SAVE LOCATION" has yet appeared.

Again, there's a new version of the line wrap patch, go to >> This Post (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/343021-Monster-Girl-Quest-Part-1-Full-English-Patch?p=3230159#post3230159) << instead.

Garcias
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
That indicates a much larger problem than missing fonts. Try running the command:
sfc /scannow
from an elevated command prompt (command prompt with admin rights). If the repair finds/fixes anything, then go back and try relaunching in the Jap locale.

The system check found damaged files, but could not repair them. detailed informations about this should be in a CBS.log file, but when i tried to open it i get an "acces denied" message - even when i used the command promt with admin rights.

still thanx for the help

Liminal
08-08-2011, 12:44 AM
The system check found damaged files, but could not repair them. detailed informations about this should be in a CBS.log file, but when i tried to open it i get an "acces denied" message - even when i used the command promt with admin rights.

still thanx for the help

Thats... odd... as a last resort have you tried launching the program with Applocale and see if that does anything?

Garcias
08-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Thats... odd... as a last resort have you tried launching the program with Applocale and see if that does anything?

the pic i posted at my first post is the result of using Applocale.
without Applocale, i would not see any letters

Xilium
08-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Line Wrap Patch

Seems to work as advertised. Thank you.

I suppose that just leaves saving as the last major issue.

Master Prichter
08-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Couple questions:
1) How can I contact Torotoro Resistance? I tried the ro_role@ninus.ocn.ne.jp mail in their website and it doesn't seem to work.
2) What changes when a higher difficulty level is selected? Is there any reward for beating it at more difficult levels?

Thanks in advance.

Szarala
08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
in addition to taking more damage at higher difficulty, there are some moves a monster won't perform on normal, so if you're looking to unlock all the monstergirl techniques, you have to fight them on hard at least

RogueTranslator
08-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Consider this version a beta, it still needs testing to the end of the game to see if there are any other problems. Patch also includes source code, because you always need to keep that stuff open.
You probably only need the "mon_que-patch.exe" file.

PS: Do we really need that big long warning about saved games at the beginning? Whenever I save a game somewhere other than a "SAVE LOCATION", it gives a nasty error message every time you hit Enter or OK, but it saves fine after you hit ESC. Then when I load it, it just takes me back to the last "SAVE LOCATION". I seldom get an unloadable save game, it does happen on occasion, but very rarely. The only way I've reliably gotten an unloadable save is when I save during the translator notes at the beginning and no "SAVE LOCATION" has yet appeared.

Ahh that's amazing man! I loaded it up and went about halfway through the game without any overflow crashes, and it works perfectly. I'm going to put a link to your post on the original posting so everyone can enjoy the line wrap =D.

As for the saving issue: You CAN save anywhere you want, but ~5% of the time, it will be a corrupt save and delete your gloval.sav file, erasing your enyclopedia. In the majority of the other cases, it will revert back to the last "Safe Save Location" in the text, which means they still need to be in the game for the saving to work. Every so often (usually when choices/numerical displays are involved) it will load correctly. The chances of bugs occuring were just too much for me to take them out, so I kept them in.

DukeNukem
08-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Does anyone know when monster girl 2 come out? why don't they just make a full game instead of chopping it half.

Xilium
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know when monster girl 2 come out?
Sometime in the Fall. Could be this month but there is no hard release date thus far.

why don't they just make a full game instead of chopping it half.
1. Splitting the game into 3 parts is a roundabout way of getting people to pay full price for a doujin game (aka. more money).
2. By having multiple parts, you can use the first game to measure the popularity of the series going forward. This will determine how much additional effort (aka. money) should be put into the sequels.
3. Adding to number 2, profits from the prior game can be used to fund it's sequel.

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
So this game appears to have been made with ONScripter, which has source code available. You can even try using an EXE file from ONScripter-en, but the game is not completely compatible. It runs, but gives invalid label errors during battles. But it already has word wrapping and proper save support. Maybe the game just needs more hacking to become compatible with the current versions of ONScripter-en.
Game seems to have been made for ONScripter 2003 edition.

http://unclemion.com/onscripter/releases/#onscripter-current

RogueTranslator
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
A few weeks ago, someone worked pretty heavily on trying to get the game to work with ONScripter-en. It had the saving and the word wrap fixed, but in turn it broke: The backlog, spacing in Skill Names / Move displays, and it either sped up or slowed down the music. That was just from the first few minutes, too... It could have run into additional problems further down the road.

It could be quite possible with additional hacking that it could be 100% compatible. Might be something to consider going ahead and planning for from the start with the second game instead of after the fact, though.

Also your name/avatar makes me nostalgic for 2004/5 4chan and lolicatgirls.swf

CivilDeviation
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Amazing work on this, especially since it's so much better than using multiple translator programs. Even with the problems with saving games, it's still very impressive!

By any chance does anyone know where I might find a "requirements list" for the "First Chapter Encyclopedia Complete" achievement? That or some way to tell what else I need for it? It'd be greatly appreciated.

RogueTranslator
08-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I actually kind of messed up on translating one of the achievements. It isn't All encyclopedia techniques FOUND, it's all encyclopedia techniques taken/received/something to that effect. It means you actually have to be hit by the attack. So if you dodge (Such as the Goblin Girl's hammer smash), you would have "viewed" it, but not gotten "hit" by it. If that makes any sense.

Also there are some bugged ones (Like the guinea pig), and some that just aren't possible to get as far as I know (suffocation, anal, etc...)

Zeratoth
08-11-2011, 04:50 PM
The voice acting isn't working for Alice''s handjob scene. I've confirmed the H Scene VA is active in the special config menu. It was working before I updated from the 75% patch to the 100% patch.
Could anyone lend me a hand?
EDIT: As it turns out, its all sound effects that aren't background music. Which is weird because they're all there in the SE folder when I check.

Master Prichter
08-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Couple of things to note:
I do believe that the central continent should be named "Centra".
It occurred to me, in a flash of insight, that "Amira"'s name should actually be translated as "Aimal". ('Cuz she's a "backwards lamia", geddit)
In the "special config" dialogue, when asked "skip already seen H-scenes", the third selection comes up in Japanese. When selected, however, it changes to "prompt".
"San Iria" should perhaps be "San Ilia", since everything is named after the goddess and all.

In completely unrelated news, isn't there any chance that you could contact Torotoro Resistance and sweetly ask for the script ahead of time, so the English translation could be complete by the time the game is announced? (I'm so helping you translate the 2nd part, BTW.)

RogueTranslator
08-11-2011, 06:01 PM
1. It's written as セントラ, so it can be Sentra (Like the car, probably the most recognized form), Centra, or Sentora. I went with Sentora just because. Sentra would probably be best, though. Not going to change it at this point though...
2. I was debating between Amila and Amira for a while, and decided to stick with Amira since even if it was Amila it still wouldn't be the "same" joke, and instead it would just be an English anagram which defeats the point of the reverse pun for anyone that already doesn't know at least enough Japanese (who would probably get it anyway). Aimal sounded odd, and I didn't want to name a character after someone on the FBIs top ten most wanted list for four years.
3. I don't know how I missed that one... Someone pointed it out a while ago, but I used up my limit of "replace file with the same name and retain the same link" on mediafire, so I didn't update the patch yet.
5. You're right, I don't know why I didn't make it San Ilia. Probably wasn't even thinking since it wasn't ___ Ilias like everything else.

I'm not going to contact them for any reason, and I severely, severely doubt they would do that anyway. I appreciate the offer, but I like doing most things myself (hence the name, haha).

BloodNite
08-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm not going to contact them for any reason, and I severely, severely doubt they would do that anyway. I appreciate the offer, but I like doing most things myself (hence the name, haha).

have you tanslated any other games? do you take requests for games that havent been trasnlated?

userno123456789
08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
I think the most surprising thing about monster girl quest is that the story is actually superb, the translation is also very well written but I can't read any Japanese so I don't know about the original.
The game would be a bestseller if it wasn't a H-game... I hope the creator makes something other than a H-game and focuses more on gameplay.
Anyway thank you for the high quality translation, I couldn't have done it even if I knew Japanese, the sex scenes just have such grating writing, the story parts are in another league though.

YellowTurtle
08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Apparently there is a Version 2 of this. I'm not sure if it adds any more to the story but if it does are you going to translate that too?

DukeNukem
08-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Sometime in the Fall. Could be this month but there is no hard release date thus far.

1. Splitting the game into 3 parts is a roundabout way of getting people to pay full price for a doujin game (aka. more money).
2. By having multiple parts, you can use the first game to measure the popularity of the series going forward. This will determine how much additional effort (aka. money) should be put into the sequels.
3. Adding to number 2, profits from the prior game can be used to fund it's sequel.

Thank you for a pretty clear answer, btw, looking forward to next release, hope they won't delay it so long

BubbleBubble
08-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I've been tinkering with mon_que.exe today and made a modification to allow the player to use the SAVE button anytime, and being able to use any text for the save name.

I've just been tested it quickly while playing. So use at your own risk :p

The archive attached below contains:

mon_que_sav.exe (patched mon_que.exe)

mon_que_patch_sav.exe (patched mon_que_patch.exe for those using SomeLoliCatGirl's wordwrap patch)

MGQ_Fix.dll (required, contains the modification).

ShiroiRyu
08-13-2011, 04:24 AM
BubbleBubble : And that work or not ? :p
I will wait for Rogue to confirm that ...
And anyways, thanks for all your hardwork for all who help. ^^

Master Prichter
08-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I think the most surprising thing about monster girl quest is that the story is actually superb, the translation is also very well written but I can't read any Japanese so I don't know about the original.
The game would be a bestseller if it wasn't a H-game... I hope the creator makes something other than a H-game and focuses more on gameplay.
Anyway thank you for the high quality translation, I couldn't have done it even if I knew Japanese, the sex scenes just have such grating writing, the story parts are in another league though.

You know what the oddest thing is? Torotoro (the creator) had no idea he had written a masterpiece. Monmusu Quest's plot was never advertised; all that was advertised was "Monster girls on young human boy, you can skip the vore scenes, you don't actually harm the monster girls"; that's all. That would mean that, for all the effort he put in creating that plot, he ultimately thought he was just giving some HCG a little story to make them palatable. Seriously, you have to admire the guy for putting that much effort when he thought no-one would appreciate it. I do think it brought a significant percentage of the game's revenue, though.

As for the "would be a best-seller if it wasn't hentai", well, uh... I seriously can't imagine how the two could be separated. The "monster girls want semen for sustenance and reproduction, but teh g0dd€$$ forbidz" is half of the plot, right there. I do consider it possible that it could be adapted into a very successful, adult-oriented, non-explicit anime, but they'd have to find a way to have battles without pleasure attacks, which I can't find a way to happen.

All that said, I'd really prefer for it to be less male-oriented. I'd have liked it if female-only monster tribes were the exception, rather than the norm. At least, monster boys should have been made mention of; like "They exist, but monsters are much more fertile with humans than with one another, and only girl monsters would want to attack Luka". Something like that.

Apparently there is a Version 2 of this. I'm not sure if it adds any more to the story but if it does are you going to translate that too?
...are you sure you're not referring to Version 2 of the trial edition? (体験版 = trial edition)

Kamui Omega
08-13-2011, 06:02 PM
One of the main plot points is that Luka's going to have to get past the "Do not have sex with monsters" commandment because he's slowly figuring out that that commandment HAS to be broken since the monsters would die out otherwise. And if you've seen the creator's other works, like his audio dramas and his CYOA-style stories on his site, then you'd see that he's REALLY into femdom and bad ends, which shows in Monmusu Quest as well. He might eventually make a case of male monsters, but he's really into the femdom, he's flat out stated that his audio dramas will never have males in the dominant role.

ShiroiRyu
08-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry but i'm french ...
So CYOA = ?
And femdom = fanfiction ?
Anyways, i saw all the covers of his audio dramas and yes, only female who look really dominant.

Szarala
08-13-2011, 06:31 PM
CYOA = Choose your own adventure; it is a style of storytelling where the writer inserts junctions at which the reader can set down branching storylines and multiple endings.
femdom = female domination

jmrdex
08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry but i'm french ...
So CYOA = ?
And femdom = fanfiction ?
Anyways, i saw all the covers of his audio dramas and yes, only female who look really dominant.
CYOA means "Choose Your Own Adventure." It's a type of book where at the end of a page it asks you to make a choice and gives you directions to the page where that choice leads.
Femdom is short for Female Dominant.

JCAll
08-13-2011, 07:19 PM
At least, monster boys should have been made mention of; like "They exist, but monsters are much more fertile with humans than with one another, and only girl monsters would want to attack Luka". Something like that.

It did get a mention. When she was trying to figure out what exactly Luka is, Alice said monsterboys did exist but were just stupidly rare. Also that he isn't one of them. At least that's how I remember the scene.

asaness
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Hmm Has anyone tried beating all the monster in hard/hell mode?

YellowTurtle
08-13-2011, 10:39 PM
...are you sure you're not referring to Version 2 of the trial edition? (体験版 = trial edition)
Ohh didn't know it was the trial edition. lol

BloodNite
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
WTB next monster girl quest plz :wryyy:

ND92
08-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Hello, I just got wind you've completed the translation so I came to download it! After applying it, I get this error..

http://i54.tinypic.com/973ehj.jpg

I was done with the 75% patch, but I don't know why this one is happening. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help

This error occurs as soon as I press any button on the first menu

EDIT: I was able to resolve this problem with a simple reinstallation and just drafted my save over..

James Snow
08-14-2011, 09:33 AM
I found an error in the word wrap patch: Every time I lose to Granberia in the first fight, I get this:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=207443&stc=1&d=1313335897

And then the game crashes. With normal translation patch this doesn't happen.

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Are you using Applocale to force it to Japanese Locale? (code page 932)

James Snow
08-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Are you using Applocale to force it to Japanese Locale? (code page 932)

Didn't change the result. Same with switching the system locale to Japanese.

BubbleBubble
08-14-2011, 07:05 PM
BubbleBubble : And that work or not ? :p
I will wait for Rogue to confirm that ...
And anyways, thanks for all your hardwork for all who help. ^^

That worked for me so far saving anywhere even during combat (and loading back later), but I've only played a little up to level 10 ^^

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Well, I don't know what's going on for the "text out of bounds" error message you're getting. And I think I'll abandon any more ASM hacking on this, since the source code is open.

BubbleBubble
08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Well, I don't know what's going on for the "text out of bounds" error message you're getting. And I think I'll abandon any more ASM hacking on this, since the source code is open.

Oh :O Where is the source code available ?

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-14-2011, 09:07 PM
The game uses the NScripter engine, there is an open-source branch called ONScripter, but it's not fully compatible with the game. Seems like it needs just a little more hacking.
http://unclemion.com/onscripter/
There are also tools available to encode/decode the script file or pack files.

The copy of NScripter which comes with the game says it's from 2003. They probably made changes to the system since then that stops it from working perfectly in the newest versions of ONScripter.

BubbleBubble
08-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Zwolfdemon
08-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Yo this is the first that i have posted on a forum and sadly its out of help so to the point i am stuck at the fourth bandit in the beginning because it crashes every time the dragon pup uses [intense flame] if i can get some help i will try to return the favor i took a pic of the screen and will post it here and also if it helps i am using Ubuntu from linuxs asd a system operator

daweea
08-15-2011, 01:52 PM
The game uses the NScripter engine, there is an open-source branch called ONScripter, but it's not fully compatible with the game. Seems like it needs just a little more hacking.
http://unclemion.com/onscripter/
There are also tools available to encode/decode the script file or pack files.

The copy of NScripter which comes with the game says it's from 2003. They probably made changes to the system since then that stops it from working perfectly in the newest versions of ONScripter.
I've extracted the script, and I think I was able to find the underlying error. The game itself has a TON of gotos in it, and Onscripter appears to handle the '+' operator a bit differently than Nscripter. Parts that are reused will say
goto "*"+$lavel+"_main"If the "lavel" variable (would be label in English) is set to "slime", then NScripter goes to *slime_main, but ONScripter throws an error. I've managed to get the main story line working with ONScripter through an edit, but saving doesn't seem to work quite right and the encyclopedia isn't working yet. I'll try to continue working on it and will release it if I get it to function, but if anybody else more familiar with ONScripter wants to give it a shot in the mean time, I'll be happy to share my modded script. Other than the save system (which I haven't quite figured out yet), most everything is just a matter of putting time into it, although I'm trying to work smart instead of hard if I can and go for solutions that solve the problems once and for all instead of manually fixing everything, especially since it would make things easier for the next two games.

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-15-2011, 07:48 PM
edit:
function "ScriptHandler::readLabel()" is bugged, it's calling parseStr instead of readStr, so it's ignoring any + operators in the label. I'll see if that fixes it.

edit again:
function "ScriptHandler::readLabel()" does not check for plus sign. readStr is not a drop in replacement for parseStr. I'm trying to fix this now...

edit again:
Did it, and battles aren't dying on ONScripter anymore. Yay!

edit again:
Oh you got to be kidding me. ONScripter doesn't like OGG files that aren't 44KHz, it just speeds up the 32KHz songs to 44KHz.

By the way, ONScripter is a Japanese-made rewrite of NScripter. There is no code connection between the two projects.

RogueTranslator
08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Been away for the past few days, glad to see all the awesome work done to fix this stuff! With all the gotos, I'm surprised torotoro wasn't attacked by a Raptor (girl).

BloodNite
08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
id wish they say something about the next game ><

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-15-2011, 10:21 PM
I fixed some of the problems with ONScripter, and now I can get past the first battle. Anyone want to test this further?
The EXE file is too big for hongfire, so here it is on mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?hjqu1hcf3ax3g8j
SHA1: 47c452bdab88d85f2bdc63e8f5a92835ef71ef4a

Also includes 2 files of modified source code, build against "onscripter-en-20110628" from http://unclemion.com/onscripter/releases/#onscripter-current

Known problems with ONScripter: Sometimes you can't move or close the window. Alt-tab a couple times and it works again.

vinogradov
08-15-2011, 11:14 PM
So just wanting to know, are you going to translate the other 2 remaining ones?

daweea
08-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Battles work. Encyclopedia works. Saving works. Loading works. However, the patch for the BGM has some unintended consequences. Music plays back correctly even if it's not 44 kHz, but H-scenes with at least Alice have 32 kHz BGM, so Alice's voice is slower and lower. It's actually pretty funny. Other than that, it seems to be working. Thanks very much for your help.

SIC010
08-16-2011, 09:12 AM
The tune (piano) that is played while in the forest is named in the game folder ¨camp¨ (in japanese).

However, do anyone know the real name for the tune? It's so beautiful!

dum200
08-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi,

I didnt bother to read the 67 page of posts so i am not sure if this is posted yet. But i noticed accidently that to save anywhere.
1) click save on any text
2) when text box that says "dont change any text" pops up. Push alt+f4 to close it.
3) the save is now saved. and can be loaded too =)

Jwguy
08-16-2011, 02:45 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h178/Jwguy/GoblinGirlError.jpg

I keep getting this error at the Goblin Girl fight right after Iliasburg, at the base of the mountain regions. Any thoughts?

Jwguy
08-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh, and I am already running in Japanese Locale, in case it becomes a question.

sigmazx
08-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Is there any point in playing the game with no game overs/no rape scene other than the event scenes?

Kinda feel like doing a real hero's run.

Jwguy
08-16-2011, 06:43 PM
I managed to get the crashes fixed by using the Onscripter download. Thanks!

Unfortunately, it appears that the fix completely blanks the "losing" text, on the black screen with a monstergirl portrait, should you lose a battle. Usually this text describes what occurs after your defeat, in a small sentence or two, but is blank, now.

James Snow
08-17-2011, 02:26 AM
Is there any point in playing the game with no game overs/no rape scene other than the event scenes?

I think the game itself is quite funny. Depending on your opinion to the h-scenes themself it may be even better than with the scenes. At least the flow of the game should be better. And you can watch all the rape-scenes by using the encyclopedia anyway, so you don't miss anything.

Arkanoid23
08-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi,

I didnt bother to read the 67 page of posts so i am not sure if this is posted yet. But i noticed accidently that to save anywhere.
1) click save on any text
2) when text box that says "dont change any text" pops up. Push alt+f4 to close it.
3) the save is now saved. and can be loaded too =)

Hi

You didn't bother to read 67 pages of posts.

CHUBBYSUMO
08-19-2011, 05:22 PM
so, where and how do i put the translated monster descriptions? cant seem to figure it out.

Edit: nevermind, got it. Also, as the patch that was posted earler, it adds 2 new girls, and a few new attacks and CGs. I think you should try and get them translated, if you can, the new monster look awesome.

BloodNite
08-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Also, as the patch that was posted earler, it adds 2 new girls, and a few new attacks and CGs. I think you should try and get them translated, if you can, the new monster look awesome.

what new patch? what 2 new girls??? o.O

James Snow
08-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Is it possible that "Ilias Creutz" should actually be "Ilias Kreuz" (Kreuz being german for Cross), a reference to "Kreuzzug" (Crusade)?

Completely unrelated to that: Some story theories:

At the beginning, the legendary hero Heinrich is mentioned to be the last to have beaten a monster lord, 500 years ago. At one point of the game, Alice mentions that women of her family are only allowed to marry men stronger than themselves. Plus Alice has her World Travelers Guide, a book a hero 500 years ago my have used when trying to find the monster lord. A book, which Alice doesn't think is too old. So what if the tales about Heinrich having slain the monster lord are not 100% true and instead...
Then we have Luka. First he's told by Ilias to go on a journey to fight the monster lord. Then Alice appears and hints, it was Ilias that dropped her near Luka's village. Then Ilias doesn't appear for Luka's baptism. What is good for Luka, since Alice probably wouldn't have travelled with a baptized hero. Could it be, that Ilias is trying to arrange for something despite her always saying how much she hates monsters (that are her creation after all)?

robertdexter
08-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Can I get a link to this fanpatch with the Level Drain attack and the bonus battle with the Chimera Dryad please?

RogueTranslator
08-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I didn't even know it was German, I'm sure you're right that's what the original name was supposed to be...

I've fixed some some other translations issues I noticed after going through the game again. Two notable examples from the beginning when I left it as hoshi meat instead of dried meat (I left it as hoshi since there were issues with how items were handled depending on the last character of their name, and 'd' always had issues). It wasn't an item actually put into the bag, but I had left it untranslated as hoshi. I also left Alice's full name as Arisifizu or something. I was going to go back and change that to what Torotoro had as her full name if I was able to find her name in English on his site anywhere. I couldn't find it on his site, and I had forgotten to switch it away from that Arisifi-zu or something. It's the only place in the game that uses her full name at this point, so I wasn't ever reminded of it. Alma Elma had display issues in the name field before I figured out how to get spacing to work on items/names (You have to use a double byte space after certain characters, and single space after others), so I put her as Arumaeruma.

So that brings me to my question for the next game; Should I change the names for some of these items/characters, or leave them as is? This would mainly affect
Amira/Amila (I still prefer Amira though)
Arumaeruma/Alma Elma
San Iria/San Ilia
Ilias Creutz/Ilias Kreuz

I think there were a few others too, but I'd have to look at the list I wrote which I don't have access to. I personally never liked TV shows/anime/manga/etc... that changed names mid-way, so I almost think it's better to just leave them as they were in the first game, even if they weren't 100% correct.

EDIT: I also added a mini FAQ to the first post with some questions I've seen a lot. If you think something else should go there, I'll put it up.

robertdexter
08-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Imo leave Amira and Arumaeruma alone but change the San Iria and Ilias Creutz.

Xilium
08-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Can I get a link to this fanpatch with the Level Drain attack and the bonus battle with the Chimera Dryad please?
Here you go: UN_DO Frederika "Fan" Patch (http://www.mediafire.com/?e69m24xt8alkgwe)

As for the name changes, I agree with the above poster.

robertdexter
08-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Here you go: UN_DO Frederika "Fan" Patch (http://www.mediafire.com/?e69m24xt8alkgwe)

As for the name changes, I agree with the above poster.Thank you very much!

coolboyrulez
08-20-2011, 11:56 PM
So that brings me to my question for the next game; Should I change the names for some of these items/characters, or leave them as is? This would mainly affect
Arumaeruma/Alma Elma
San Iria/San Ilia
Ilias Creutz/Ilias Kreuz

I'm for keeping Amira and Arumaeruma but I am for changing it to San Ilia and Ilias Kreuz, iron out the inconsistencies now so you don't have to bother with it in the other parts of the trilogy.

Also is the next official patch going to include the new CGs / scenes translated?

James Snow
08-21-2011, 05:08 AM
I also left Alice's full name as Arisifizu or something. I was going to go back and change that to what Torotoro had as her full name if I was able to find her name in English on his site anywhere. I couldn't find it on his site, and I had forgotten to switch it away from that Arisifi-zu or something. It's the only place in the game that uses her full name at this point, so I wasn't ever reminded of it.

There's another instance of her full name when you get Poseidon's Bell ;).

As for the name changes I'm with the others: Amira, Arumaeruma, San Ilia and Ilias Kreuz.

fatfree
08-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Awesome game. I came for the monster girls, but stayed for the humor.
I also bought it and can't wait for the second game.

ShiroiRyu
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Like the others, the names they choose are good.
The fan patch do what seriously ? :)

RogueTranslator
08-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the input... I'll change San Ilia, Ilias Kreuz, and Alice's full name.

As for the fan patch: I already put in the extra Frederika H -scene (and corresponding CGs) in the original patch. What I didn't add was the level drain attack from the Suck Vore, and the re-fight of Chimera Dryad. The suck vore and chimera dryad stuff didn't add any new CGs, and they are two of the monsters I care least for, so I really didn't want to spend the time on them.

jikorde
08-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I was at the losing screen for Granberia's first fight when this message showed up

099.txt line:78392

|mov $sel1, “Times Defeated: “
|$sel1 %count_end @
>$bad1

The game quit right after that.
This happened only when running with the word-wrap exe.

James Snow
08-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I was at the losing screen for Granberia's first fight when this message showed up

099.txt line:78392

|mov $sel1, “Times Defeated: “
|$sel1 %count_end @
>$bad1

The game quit right after that.
This happened only when running with the word-wrap exe.

That problem exists with some battles (I'd say around 1 of 10 battles). No solution so far.

DesuCake
08-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Have you tried using Onscripter-en? A minute or so of fiddling got it to work, and it saves and word wraps properly.

ShiroiRyu
08-22-2011, 03:08 AM
As for the fan patch: I already put in the extra Frederika H -scene (and corresponding CGs) in the original patch. What I didn't add was the level drain attack from the Suck Vore, and the re-fight of Chimera Dryad. The suck vore and chimera dryad stuff didn't add any new CGs, and they are two of the monsters I care least for, so I really didn't want to spend the time on them.

Where you fight her one more time ? O_o
The extra Frederika H-Scene is with what attack ?
Anyways, i don't know if i have to take the fan patch to add them or not. :s

RogueTranslator
08-22-2011, 06:12 AM
For the onscripter-en: I, and a few other people, have tried to get it to work. We could get it running, but it had various other issues. Did you not get any when you tried? (Music too slow/fast, backlog not working, spacing issues, crashes).

The extra Frederika scene is added into the original scene.

Everything from where Chrome says she's going to lock you in the room for a year until the very end was part of the additional patch.

TokiNoKimi
08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
The artist for the haunted mansion is rather hardworking. Despite me not liking his art, all his girls has multiple CGs and stuff which is funny when some monsters just use their modified battle sprite.

James Snow
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Here's a list which Battles/Skills cause the game to crash on the Game Over screen when Word Wrap Patch is used:

Mandragora - Monster Hair
Granberia(1)
Rafflesia Girl - Tentacle Caress
Roper Girl - Tentacle Caress
Spider Girl - Forced Violation
- Predation
Tamamo
Sea Cucumber Girl - Semen Squeeze
- Ecstasy Rub
Lamia - Tail Massage
- Constrict
- Coiled Tit Fuck
- Swallow Whole
- Lamia Vagina
- Sure Death Tightness
Granberia(2)
Page 257 - Massage
- Fiddle
Page 65537 - Tentacle Hell
Crab Girl - Bubble Wash
Anglerfish - Absorb
Zombie Girl - Corrupted Kiss
Fairies - Group Dance
Sylph - Winds of Ecstasy
- Wind Serenade
Chimera Dryad - Rose of Strangulation
Minotauros - All
Worm Villager - Worm Touch
- Worm Drain

Maybe it helps finding the problem. (Or at least reduces the number of annoying refights for Evaluation-fans ;).)

RogueTranslator
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Good ol robust nScripter decides to throw a fatal error and close the game if text would be printed "outside" the window allocated. The skills and evaluation bad ending text is stored in a variable. It looks like if the game tries to print the string and it takes up more than a full line, it will crash the game. The only way to fix that would be to to rewrite all the locations in the game that store text into strings to print later, which isn't a fabulous solution...

ManjiSTP
08-22-2011, 05:43 PM
The game was working fine, but I just installed the latest patch (the word wrap one) and now it won't recognise my saves any more. What's happened? Assuming my saves are just corrupt for some reason, has anyone got a save either immediately after Alice burns the books by baking a potato, or as soon before as possible?

robertdexter
08-22-2011, 09:36 PM
The game was working fine, but I just installed the latest patch (the word wrap one) and now it won't recognise my saves any more. What's happened? Assuming my saves are just corrupt for some reason, has anyone got a save either immediately after Alice burns the books by baking a potato, or as soon before as possible?You should first try moving your saves into a fresh English MGQ install (no word wrap)

Master Prichter
08-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Arumaeruma/Alma Elma
San Iria/San Ilia
Ilias Creutz/Ilias Kreutz

Let's see:
1) "Amira" alienates the players that do not know Japanese. (Not to mention, it reminds me of Otoyomegatari, which makes me uncomfortable.) "Amila" does not look like "backwards lamia" at all, so I think it'd be useless. Personally, I'd be in favour of "aimaL", which I think would be obvious enough to not mistake for an Arab name. But, suit yourself.
2) I don't really care about the "r->l" conversion. However, the u's annoy me, and sound much too Japanese. I'd be in favour of "Almaelma" or "Armaerma" or something.
3&4) Agreed with the conversion.

With all the gotos, I'm surprised torotoro wasn't attacked by a Raptor (girl).
You shall forever be my friend for having made me laugh myself silly. Though, come to think of it, who's to say he didn't do it on purpose?

ManjiSTP
08-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks, that worked.

SomeLoliCatgirl
08-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Should I try to ASM-hack away the out of bounds problems by making it ignore such situations?

RogueTranslator
08-23-2011, 02:40 PM
If you're willing to, that would be amazing... I have a strong feeling that the same executable/version will be used for part 2, so I think everything you did for part 1 would be carried over... Which would be amazing.

RetiredTroll
08-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Any chance of an English translation of Toro Toro Resistance's audios?

eugene1234
08-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Don't change amira and arumaeruma since their characters were already established in the first chapter and a lot of people are already accustomed with their names, so I don't see a problem with it.

AlextheLazy
08-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Arumaeruma/Alma Elma
San Iria/San Ilia
Ilias Creutz/Ilias Kreuz

I think there were a few others too, but I'd have to look at the list I wrote which I don't have access to. I personally never liked TV shows/anime/manga/etc... that changed names mid-way, so I almost think it's better to just leave them as they were in the first game, even if they weren't 100% correct.

EDIT: I also added a mini FAQ to the first post with some questions I've seen a lot. If you think something else should go there, I'll put it up.

on one hand the the changes would be easier on the eyes for most people

on the other hand some of us are used to the names we have

I say go with Alma Elma and Ilias Kreuz

btw for a long time I pronounced Arumaeruma as Aru-mae-ru-ma

ALAKTORN
08-30-2011, 05:16 AM
I think all 4 name changes should be made, the only one that’s maybe not necessary is Amira

can’t you update the first chapter patch with the name fixes anyway? people who played it with the wrong names will have to get used to the new ones, but using correct names overrides having to get used to new ones in my opinion

and I don’t think I’ve posted before so I’ll say it now, thank you to everyone who worked on this translation project, it’s much appreciated :)

jellytack
09-01-2011, 11:47 AM
hmm, I might be wrong, but it seems as if chapter 2 is coming out soon. he's been posting stuff in his twitter account about it the last couple of days, but I can't be sure cuz machine translations are horrible. hopefully he's not talking about postponing it again :O but I don't think he is, it seems like he's talking about a demo of some kind...

RogueTranslator
09-01-2011, 02:23 PM
According to THE TWITTER, the trial version is mostly finished. Since the battle system is confusing (the internal code, not the actual gameplay), there are some hidden bugs.

He's right, the combat code is pretty confusing. nScripter was not designed for a battle system, haha.

jellytack
09-01-2011, 04:13 PM
awesome, can't wait to try it! ya I suppose nscripter really isn't designed for that sort of thing... hopefully he squashes them bugs soon, nasty things. :)

daweea
09-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Looks like the 2nd chapter demo's out. hurrah!

creapsmantic
09-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Looks like the 2nd chapter demo's out. hurrah!

were did you find it ?

Rydellvoss
09-02-2011, 09:00 PM
were did you find it ?It's on the main page for the website, click the link by the 9/3 date. it only has one encounter, a succubus (methinks we start out in a succubus town unless the part 2 trial is midway through)

vytong
09-03-2011, 12:41 AM
It's on the main page for the website, click the link by the 9/3 date. it only has one encounter, a succubus (methinks we start out in a succubus town unless the part 2 trial is midway through)

Can't find the 9/3 date...

James Snow
09-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Battle System Status Window Fix (should've thought about a shorter name :D)

Here's a little fix for some minor issues with the status window (the little window at the bottom where your health and SP are displayed) in battle that bothered me about MGQ:

- All styles: Changed the name "Ruka" to "Luka"
- Black style ("Window Type" number 4): The status window was a bit brighter with the action select window (where you choose Attack, Skill, etc.) than normally. Now it's as dark as all the other windows.
- Gray style ("Window Type" number 5): Moved the words "Luka" and "Enemy" slightly upwards.
- Blue style ("Window Type" number 6): There was a slight differnce in height for the words "Luka" and "Enemy" in the status window between action select window (where you choose Attack, Skill, etc.) and combat description window ("Luka deals XXX damage." etc.). Now they're on the same height.

To "install" simply unpack in the system-folder inside the MGQ-folder and answer yes when asked if you want to overwrite files.

Dargoth
09-03-2011, 02:50 AM
Trial of part 2: http://www.zamanen.net/mon-taiken/monque_tyut.zip

Not sure why he even bothered making a trial. Who's going to skip part 1 and download this instead?

fi3rcedragon
09-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Trial of part 2: http://www.zamanen.net/mon-taiken/monque_tyut.zip

Not sure why he even bothered making a trial. Who's going to skip part 1 and download this instead?

I have no idea what you're trying to say; maybe people who have played part 1 are interested to see what's in part 2?

Although admittedly it's a very short trial.

Arkanoid23
09-03-2011, 04:02 AM
Wow... he does look more competent in config right click screen. The way things are going in third part he will look like a stereotypical jrpg hero.

RogueTranslator
09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Battle System Status Window Fix (should've thought about a shorter name :D)

That's awesome man! Would you mind if I packaged these changes into the actual patch for this and/or part 2's?

James Snow
09-03-2011, 09:45 AM
That's awesome man! Would you mind if I packaged these changes into the actual patch for this and/or part 2's?

Go ahead. :)

Seyser Koze
09-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Anybody remember what Luka's level was at the end of the first part?

robertdexter
09-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I believe it was 24.

wow on the trial Luka is lvl 41...

kyogre5
09-03-2011, 12:19 PM
My game crash in the first talk thith alice

error
0.99.txt line:124

Maxtazac
09-03-2011, 12:22 PM
My game crash in the first talk thith alice

error
0.99.txt line:124

Take a look at this: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/328830-How-to-run-Japanese-games-(AppLocale)

It worked for me.

NeoZlav528
09-04-2011, 05:20 AM
I quess like so many others that have posted here---- I am GUILTY of browsing around and never posting anything :(

But, with this game, I DEFINITELY change my mind :want:

Really Great Job you did for translating this game :sohappy:

Hope you continue to translate for Part 2 when its Out.

*I feel so FRUSTRATED this game isn't complete yet :oi: *

KITAmaru
09-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Great job. I know this is kind of putting the cart in front of the horse, but are there any plans to translate the second one (which is out in a few months)?
This was a pretty interesting game overall... I'm not gonna lie, some of the monsters scared me a little more than turned me on, but it was cool to see all those artists contribute to the project.

RogueTranslator
09-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Zinny; would you be willing to remake the logo into two seperate logos; one that has the subtext " - Part 1 - ", and the other with " - Part 2 - "?

Zinny
09-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Also to Zinny; would you be willing to remake the logo into two seperate logos; one that has the subtext " - Part 1 - ", and the other with " - Part 2 - "?
Yeah I can do that I just have to look through the PSDs of the logo (have like 5 for some reason), but I could do that really easily. For the other stuff like buttons and such I don't think you will need new ones right?

RogueTranslator
09-04-2011, 10:03 PM
That would be awesome, thanks! No, all the other images are the same and don't need to be redone thankfully!

Zinny
09-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Okay that can be done by tomorrow or Tuesday if I get a chance. What would you want the sub text to be like "Part 1- Attack of the rotten peaches"? On a side note I was surprised to learn that English wasn't your native language.

RogueTranslator
09-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Just - Part 1 - and - Part 2 - would be ideal. I've got the trial fully patched, now I just need to edit it and test for bugs with the combat, then hopefully change the title image and get the encyclopedia entry in and I can put it out tomorrow at some time.

English is my first language, not sure who said it wasn't! I've lived in the US for my whole life, except for a brief time in Japan/Tokyo.

Zinny
09-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Q. How many mistranslations are in the game?
A. Probably a decent amount. I'm not a native speaker,
That's where I got it from opps. Then for the logos I will have them done tomorrow then if photoshop will be willing to work for me.

RogueTranslator
09-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Ah, I meant I'm not a native Japanese speaker, thus there are likely mistranslations. My native language is English.

DukeNukem
09-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi Rouge, part 2 Trial is out now, we can start translate the script as the full game will be the same? i can be any help if you allow me to, cheers.

Jwguy
09-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Where exactly does the Onscripter-en version save it's save files? Supposedly, we need them to import into the second chapter, and that might be an issue if they can't be reached outside of Onscripter-en.

daweea
09-05-2011, 10:50 AM
You can change where it saves by putting a configured ons.cfg in the same directory, and further details on ons.cfg are here (https://unclemion.com/dev/projects/onscripter-en/wiki/Configuration?version=4)
Anyway, the default locations are as following in the current release:
Windows: AppData/{gameid}
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/{gameid}
Linux: ~/.{gameid}

but, in the next major release will be
Windows: AppData/ONScripter-EN/{gameid}
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/ONScripter-EN/{gameid}
Linux: ~/.onscripter/{gameid}

hope that helps

Zinny
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Well I got the first new logo done and the second one should be done within about 10 or 20 mins of this post.

Jwguy
10-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Awesome information Daweea. Thanks. Also, good to see everyone's on top of part two, already.

Luxala
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I have every achievement on the Record save for completing the monster entries in the Encyclopedia. This is strange to me because there are no unknown entries left in the Encyclopedia, but the achievement is still greyed out. Anyone know an easy fix?

Fateweaver
10-17-2011, 10:54 PM
No unknown entries left? You have seen every last attack by all the monsters? If that is so, I have no idea what happened to your game.

DukeNukem
10-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi Rouge, do you think this game is good to translate?

Princess X ~Boku no Iinazuke wa Monsterkko!?~

James Snow
10-18-2011, 02:14 AM
I have every achievement on the Record save for completing the monster entries in the Encyclopedia. This is strange to me because there are no unknown entries left in the Encyclopedia, but the achievement is still greyed out. Anyone know an easy fix?

Have you seen all the attacks? Some are only used in hard difficulty (for example the bandits, since they're scripted in normal). And have you seen all the H-scenes? Some monsters have more than one.

Edit: Forget that, I just checked, and you get the achievement even if some of the techniques are still missing. Strange...

Dargoth
10-20-2011, 08:10 PM
New patches for MGQ released a few days ago:

http://mon110.sakura.ne.jp/mong/saport.html

1.04 http://toro.iyher.com/patch_v104.zip

Added event before Suck Vore battle
Added mousewheel text archive navigation
Fixed an error where no response would appear when using the struggle command in hard/hell modes
Fixed a bug that would crash the game when choosing surrender in the Iron Maiden fight
Corrected various typos

1.10 beta http://toro.iyher.com/patch_v110.zip

The number of times you've experienced an enemy's skill is now recorded separately from the number of times ??? (I have no idea what this is trying to say - distinction between times you lost to a skill versus just got hit by it?)
If you click a skill name in the monster encyclopedia, you can see how many times it's been used on you.
Fixed a bug where if you were defeated by Page 65537 before her hair untied, her hair would be untied in the H-scene.
Fixed a bug where if you were defeated by the fairies while restrained, several H-scene illustrations wouldn't be displayed.
Fixed a bug where you would be standing differently in the illustration when defeated by Sylph's Ecstasy Wind attack.
Fixed a mistake with Sylph's evasion probability against the Iron Maiden's Eyes of Confusion in Hell mode.
Corrected various typos

frzangel
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM
I hope I am not in late to say thanks (when i was playing this game hongfire was just offline for weeks).

So thank you very much for your work RogueTranslator. Great and (as far as I can consider) quality job! I enjoyed the game very much and looking forward to playing the translated second part. :D

lygarx
10-21-2011, 01:50 AM
There is this glitch on the game that is completely exploitable. It is like a cheat. The quickest way to get 50 evaluations for the last entry. have skip h scene and vore on and save the game at the save point right before you can choose whether or not you want to Challenge Alice to a fight in the cave right after tamamo. when you lose, it will skip and will show the game over sequence for tamamo and you can do the evaluation instantly and then go back to the save point or click retry and do it again

James Snow
10-21-2011, 02:19 AM
There is this glitch on the game that is completely exploitable. It is like a cheat. The quickest way to get 50 evaluations for the last entry.

Or you could, probably, just loose 50 battles while playing the game, as you need the scenes anyway for a complete list...

devimon
10-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Anyone know how to unlock the hell mode? I am lost tried 4 times already; 2 normal and 2 hard mode completed, still now hell mode I can try. I might missed something.

Need help

(sorry if this is not the appropriate thread to ask but I can't find the walkthrough; search is down )

James Snow
10-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Anyone know how to unlock the hell mode? I am lost tried 4 times already; 2 normal and 2 hard mode completed, still now hell mode I can try. I might missed something.

Need help

Hell mode is available only in Encyclopedia. Try one battle and you'll know why.

Luxala
10-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Antlion is an easy win on Hell mode. :P

I didn't realize the game was still releasing patches--maybe one of them will be able to fix my issue. I'll just save my gloval file and download a later version of the game some day.

devimon
10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Hell mode is available only in Encyclopedia. Try one battle and you'll know why.

Sure I will try it all monsters. ^_^

after play: what the hell! It is sure hell mode I've been defeated by slime 3 times in a row now.

anyway Thanks!!!

finally done it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e60k10qkrl5hgc0/MonsterGirlQuest-FullEnglish-%20saved%20data.rar

Mant1
11-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone knows what kind of programs are needed / were used to edit this game's text files?

RogueTranslator
11-03-2011, 07:46 PM
NSDec / nscmake http://nscripter.insani.org/sdk.html
Wordpad used for editing the text file.

32Bitshifter
11-03-2011, 09:44 PM
NSDec / nscmake http://nscripter.insani.org/sdk.html
Wordpad used for editing the text file.It is kind of an absurd coincidence that I was going to ask this last night, put it off, and here the answer is anyway. Thank you.
I've started working on a translation program concept and was hoping to use this script for trial runs, unless that's not okay of course.