PDA

View Full Version : Monster Girl Quest - Part 1 - Full English Patch

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RogueTranslator
05-29-2011, 10:18 PM
EDIT: My blog for updates on this, and other games I've translated/am translating is here: http://roguetranslations.wordpress.com/

Part 2 Thread: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/400485

Word Wrap Update
Thanks to the efforts of SomeLoliCatgirl, the word wrap issue has been resolved! Check out his post in the thread here for more information/to thank him. (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/343021-Monster-Girl-Quest-Full-English-Patch?p=3112268#post3112268)

KNOWN ISSUES
Saving: You cannot save anywhere you want during the game. You can only save at specific, marked locations. More information is contained in the readme and at the start of the game.

Gameplay: I started the patch based off the original version. Any bugs that were present in that are present here too (Notably if you surrender to the Slime, there's a small chance the game will crash).

Text issues: If you're not in Japanese locale, any instance of double-byte text will look strange. Should still be playable though. In addition, in some cases when a monster uses an absorption attack, it won't display how many HPs she restored.

I'll update any serious crash bugs as soon as people find them, since they can be pretty debilitating. If your game crashes, check back here to see if I've updated and fixed it (I'll list what I change, and when I change it).

Acquiring the game itself
I'd recommend buying it. This is the first game produced by a small doujin group, who has already announced two more. It's on the english DLsite at http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE074254.html (You have to hit enter on the URL bar again to get it to redirect correctly).

Installing
Unrar the .RAR you downloaded into the game's installation folder. I'd recommend backing up the nscript.dat, as that is the game's original script.
If asked to overwrite any files, choose yes.

If you crash, the first thing I'd recommend doing is setting your system locale to Japanese, and seeing if it happens again.

Patch Itself
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e8be0i15k2x63xt Script

COMMON GAME CRASHES
I crash when the angel appears to show me how to fight!
You need to run the game in Japanese locale. You can either set your system locale to Japanese ( A guide is here http://www.dlsite.com/eng/faq/down#d_q9 ), or you can use applocale ( A guide is here http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328830&page=1 ).

I crash when Luka wakes up in the morning!
You're using the trial version of the game. The english script is not compatible with the trial version, and will always crash when it's unable to open the "morning.ogg" file.

Game FAQ

Q. How do I get the last entry in the encyclopedia?
A. Do 50 "Evaluations" with Ilias after losing a fight.

Q. When is part 2 available? / Are you translating it? / How long will it take?
A. There is no set release date. My current plan is to translate the second one as well. No estimation can be given on time, since it's dependent on how long the game is, and when the game is released. I'll make another post in Hongfire when a release date is given, though.

Q. Will the completed save from part 1 work in part 2?
A. The saves from the English version DO work if you switch them to the Japanese version, so I believe that they will be imported correctly. No way to know for sure, though.

Q. You do know you can save anywhere as long as you hit alt + f4 to close out of the game afterward, right?
A. Yes, but there is a slight chance it can corrupt the save. In addition, it usually sends you back to the last "Safe Save Location", or last instance of double byte text. This means the save locations would still be needed in the game, so it isn't a great solution.

Q. Why did you translate X as X instead of as X?
A. There are a few reasons:
1. For names, items, and skill names, it usually came down to space limitations, and spacing issues with single byte text in the skillname, name, and itemname fields.
2. For dialogue it was either on accident, or because I thought it would sound more natural in English.

Q. How many mistranslations are in the game?
A. Probably a decent amount. I'm not a native speaker, nor a professional translator, so mistakes are bound to happen. Since I did this for fun, I also valued speed of translation over strict accuracy on a line by line basis. I took the approach of "Meaning is more important than word usage". That is, the meaning conveyed by the dialogue is more important than the words used. If you can get the same meaning across in a more natural way by changing the verbs / adjectives, then I usually did that. There are also a few locations where I changed the joke or pun since I thought it would be funnier.

Special Thanks
Special thanks go out to:
Xilium for figuring out / creating the images for the text in the Encylopedia.
Zin for creating the Monmusu title screen image.
Everyone who informed me of crashes, spelling errors, etc... Especially the guy that sent me a list of around 160 of them.

Seyser Koze
05-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Well, you certainly picked a good game for it. Involved enough to be worth translating, but still light enough to do alone.

Dick Johnson
05-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Isn't there a group called Monster Girl Unlimited translating this game into English?

http://www.monstergirlunlimited.com/forum/

RogueTranslator
05-29-2011, 11:21 PM
I was the one that posted about the project a few days ago on that forum. Someone had mentioned they were translating things on a document because they didn't know how to hack the game, but that was the extent of it (and I didn't hear any more about it).

narhak
06-01-2011, 04:57 AM
and I didn't hear any more about it

There are another member in the same post, translating de game, acctually finished everything up until right after the Mandragora fight, and a demo patch with the first slime enemy in english, but but you're more advanced, thanks for the effort.

RequiemSonata
06-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Thank you for your time and effort into translating this game, looking forward to the results!

chrPL
06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Thank you for your time and effort into translating this game, looking forward to the results!

Same here~! \*(>w<)*/

RogueTranslator
06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
There are another member in the same post, translating de game, acctually finished everything up until right after the Mandragora fight, and a demo patch with the first slime enemy in english, but but you're more advanced, thanks for the effort.

Yeah, I'm sorry for not clarifying further; That is me over there. I couldn't use the same name here because it was already in use, so I named myself this. I put out the "demo patch" to see if anyone was able to find an easy solution to the word wrap or the saving.

danglinhson
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Hope the translate will be completed soon. Thanks.

Frey79
06-02-2011, 11:49 PM
You have my full support, this looks very interesting.

susubarata
06-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Oh...my. That game is superb. I can't wait till you finish the translation O____O
Daaaayuuummm DX
Im gonna check this thread everyday from now on.

gandalfrockman
06-04-2011, 08:55 AM
this one is one of my faves, best of luck to you, you are already making far better time on this than I am on my translation project.

xTsukihime
06-04-2011, 11:44 AM
lol less than 2 weeks and you've already gotten at least 1/5 of the game translated.
Now that's productivity.

RogueTranslator
06-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Haha, well it was part of that "new project rush", and part due to 2 3-day weekends back to back. First was memorial day, and every other week I get a Friday off from work.

Arkanoid23
06-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Do you intend to release the full version only or will there be some partial translations? I never have enough patience to wait.... :D Besides people could nail some bugs if there are any....

And damn where are my manners. Thank you very much for your work.

RogueTranslator
06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure yet... I might do a halfway release at 50%, but I don't know if people really like those or if they would just rather wait for the whole thing.

mackeyz
06-05-2011, 10:49 AM
english version! yeah....
http://i54.tinypic.com/15ebsp4.jpg

RogueTranslator
06-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Haha, editing the image files in the system folder? That's going to take a while for all the config menus and such =\

Arkanoid23
06-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure yet... I might do a halfway release at 50%, but I don't know if people really like those or if they would just rather wait for the whole thing.

If they don't they won't download :P . But i am quite sure there are a lot of people with impatience itch like me. I for one would love it even with 26% like you have now.

jellytack
06-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I would certainly love a patch at any percentage. But that's how I roll :) Good luck with that, by the way, and good job so far with the demo patch... I picked it up on the monster girl forum.

narhak
06-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I would certainly love a patch at any percentage

Me too, but this is decision of translator autor, anyway Thank you very much for your work.

Sartain
06-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Great initiative, sub'ed thread and will follow progress with interest.

RogueTranslator
06-05-2011, 06:20 PM
That's a good idea, since I'm only self editing. I'll release an interim patch at a good stopping point (As in at the end of a "mini-arc" or whatnot) at around 50%. Then I'll incorporate any bugs or typos that people notify me of and release it again at 75% with the fixes, then the last one at 100%.

Cio
06-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Rep+....

Yeah, it is a great progress that you finished 26% right now... I think 50% release is very good enough, considering you worked alone. :)

ps: are you Ichigo on MGU forum?

RogueTranslator
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I am. The name was taken on this forum so I registered under something else.

BloodNite
06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
I want to help with this!!! ><

Arkanoid23
06-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Can't wait for the progress bar to fill up... :D

Hagalaz
06-10-2011, 05:04 AM
I hope you will finish this. It looks very good.

Nomonman
06-10-2011, 05:38 AM
50% is good to me! hehe ^_^ thank for you work hard!!

Sartain
06-10-2011, 06:41 AM
I think we can all agree a 50% release would be nice, as a sort of (very advanced) proof of concept :)

jellytack
06-10-2011, 09:17 AM
yes, thank you very much for the hard work. are you doing this by yourself? ...cuz that would be pretty badass! best of luck to you :)

RogueTranslator
06-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Good news, I managed to fix the issues some people might have seen in that sample patch I put up with just after the slime fight, where you saw strange symbols instead of the damage dealt in combat. It was a weird issue with how the game handles the numbers and prints them in the string, but with some rewording and odd spacing changes, I made it so the numbers should show up correctly for every fight.

The two biggest issues that remain are still saving with single-byte English characters on-screen, and the word wrap (an automatic word-wrap, that is It would be possible to manually wrap it, but that would take forever).

50% looks like it will be around when they reach the library on Sentora. I'll try to find a "good" stopping point for that.

Cio
06-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Awesome progress, i can't thank you enough for you ^^

Seriously, i don't really care about the word wrap problem, as long as i can understand/read the script, i'm satisfied :)

The Raging Demon
06-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I support this initiative. Good luck and thank you!

BloodNite
06-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Where did you upload your simple patch at?

RogueTranslator
06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
On another forum, it's at: http://www.mediafire.com/?orzy5c8r2ui8244

The stuff I had there has been edited a little since I posted it a few weeks ago. If anyone can figure out how to enable saving with english characters or the automatic word wrap, that would be cool.

EDIT: As I said before, it only goes until the end of the Slime fight. It was more to see if anyone had any ideas about the two issues I was having than anything.

Dick Johnson
06-13-2011, 07:55 PM
I registered on MGU and read through the whole Monster Girl Encyclopedia and lore booklet.

HOLY SHIT. The Monster Girl universe is so well-developed you'd think he'd spawn a frickin' franchise off of this work. Is the game as interactive and well-developed as the encyclopedia makes it out to be?

Seyser Koze
06-13-2011, 08:22 PM
I registered on MGU and read through the whole Monster Girl Encyclopedia and lore booklet.

HOLY SHIT. The Monster Girl universe is so well-developed you'd think he'd spawn a frickin' franchise off of this work. Is the game as interactive and well-developed as the encyclopedia makes it out to be?

Storywise there's a great deal of information (with more to be fleshed out in parts 2 and 3). In terms of gameplay, no, it's not particularly interactive. There are some RPG-ish battles, many of which are puzzle fights, and in some cases you have the option of going off on side quests, but most of the time you're just sitting and watching. You might agree to help root out some bandits that are threatening a village, for example, in which case you just click on the "bandit lair" on the map - the game will then auto-pilot you through a sequence of battles with intervening dialogue.

I'm looking forward to the project, but it's very much a visual novel with some pseudo-RPG trappings, rather than an actual RPG.

RogueTranslator
06-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Honestly, before this game, I was wholly unfamiliar with the encyclopedia or lore to the world. My ignorance of the general "monster world" may come out in parts of the game, as I'm not sure if it was intended to reflect something that already existed or if it was it's own unique world.

As for the game, it's as Seyser said. It's more traditional visual novel with some RPG clicking, and is more linear than FF13. The fights are mostly puzzlish, and if you want it to be at least sort of a challenge (as in needing to fight the monsters a couple times to win), start the game on hard. Still kind of easy, though. The fights get a little more varied once you get the Meditation skill that restores half your health.

Dick Johnson
06-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Storywise there's a great deal of information (with more to be fleshed out in parts 2 and 3). In terms of gameplay, no, it's not particularly interactive. There are some RPG-ish battles, many of which are puzzle fights, and in some cases you have the option of going off on side quests, but most of the time you're just sitting and watching. You might agree to help root out some bandits that are threatening a village, for example, in which case you just click on the "bandit lair" on the map - the game will then auto-pilot you through a sequence of battles with intervening dialogue.

I'm looking forward to the project, but it's very much a visual novel with some pseudo-RPG trappings, rather than an actual RPG.

Heh, I guess I got my hopes up too high. So it isn't as free-roaming and open-ended as I expected.

So it's the standard beat/lose-to-a-monster-get-a-sex-scene-and-move-on-with-the-story type of game?

The encyclopedia really goes into your married life/relationship with each monster after she falls in love with you, but seeing the game is around 500mb, I guess I definitely am asking for way too much.

Edit: I just read RogueTranslator's post and now I am indeed a sad panda.

RogueTranslator
06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
The game is fairly dark, too. Some of the endings are pretty brutal for Luka. Still has its funny moments, though.

EDIT: There's roughly 85 or so H-scenes, and about 79 of them are game-over-rape. Some of them also involve him getting eaten by the monsters. You can choose to skip the vore scenes, though. Vore isn't really my cup of tea, but I'm a depraved individual so the game-over-rape stuff is. Hah.

Dick Johnson
06-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Damn it, I hate losing on purpose to have to see sex scenes :(. At least I'm playing as a guy so it's a little less awkward.

Apparently, there's a game called "Monster Girl Unlimited RPG v.0.9".

Here's a NSFW screenie: http://www.imagerise.com/view.php/143804_1.jpg.html

This was the first screenshot I saw of Monster Girl which led me to the speculation that it was like a free-roaming RPG due to the health and mana bar display.

Seyser Koze
06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Well, if you lose (which usually results in death after the introductory areas) you're brought to a menu where you can just do the fight over. So it doesn't set you back that far.

Usually I just held down CTRL to speed through the defeat scenes and see what happened to him at the end.

TokiNoKimi
06-14-2011, 04:16 AM
To be honest I liked the game but I wished it didn't have so many "junk" fights where the girl is clearly drawn by a much inferior artist (as opposed to whoever drew Alice.) Maybe they could get the plot going faster instead of having to split it into "three games" then.

Dick Johnson
06-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Today I tried the translation patch RogueTranslator released on page 4. From what's been translated, I find the game quite cute actually and really enjoy the humor. Can't wait for the full version to be released, especially since RT's english patch stopped just when things were getting interesting with the unconscious girl and all.

RogueTranslator
06-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Like I thought, 50% is around when they enter the Library. I'm aiming to put out the 50%ish patch on Friday night (eastern time).

Cio
06-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Like I thought, 50% is around when they enter the Library. I'm aiming to put out the 50%ish patch on Friday night (eastern time).

What a news... This Friday/Saturday will be awesome :)

Can't wait to see Almaema scene :p

Seyser Koze
06-15-2011, 11:00 PM
What a news... This Friday/Saturday will be awesome :)

Can't wait to see Almaema scene :p

Uh... isn't that the annoying reverse-lamia girl?

TokiNoKimi
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
I thought she was a funny concept.

Cio
06-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Uh... isn't that the annoying reverse-lamia girl?

Of course not >.<

the reverse Lamia name is the reverse "LAMIA" -> "AMILA" (In katakana), Almaema is the succubus that attack Ruca on the ship... :D

shihang427
06-16-2011, 06:18 AM
can't wait :p

i don't know how to express my appreciation

Respect!!!:love:

Rydellvoss
06-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Hell yeah, translation is making me all happy excited inside. Let us know if theres anything you need help with.

RogueTranslator
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm doing some final edits to what I have. I'll put up the 50% patch in about an hour. I'll just edit the main post, so look for it there.

BloodNite
06-17-2011, 02:29 PM
:chant::chant::chant::chant::chant::chant::chant:: chant::chant::chant::chant:

hope we see the first patch tonight!!! :D :sohappy:

also i played the slime patch and one thing that confuses me about the story is the angel says she wants the hero to defeat all the monster girls, but from the sites that give the story it says the hero is trying to get the monster girls and humans get along??? so am i misunderstanding something or does he change his mind once he meets the blue lamia girl??

RogueTranslator
06-17-2011, 02:37 PM
No, it's explained in the story. Ilias (the angel) wants Luka to defeat the monsters / Monster Lord, and basically commands humans not to mate with monsters. Luka wants to create a world where humans and monsters can live together peacefully (but still believes not to mate with monsters). The disconnect is a pretty big part of the story.

BloodNite
06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
lol my question was answered in the first 3 new lines in your new patch after slime girl :P
looking good so far!!

Myndth
06-17-2011, 04:12 PM
alright, Thanks for your Hard work ! :D
found an little bug, right after you loose to the "demon lord", the lamia, and you try to get some answers from the godess - an error appears.
If I find more, I will post them, just wait for me :P
Also, if the vampire use "face ride", you get an error.

Dick Johnson
06-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Sweet! You're really one to keep up with self-imposed deadlines!

+1 rep

Seyser Koze
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Personally, I prefer to go Nippon Ichi's route and localize maou as Overlord. Meh.

Cio
06-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Thank you very much Rogue/Ichigo... reallly nice of you to keep your deadline on time. Time to play and try the patch :D

RogueTranslator
06-17-2011, 06:03 PM
It's been translated to a crap load of different things. My thought process was:

Not Demon King because she's a queen.
Not Demon Lord because it's a "monster world".
Not Overlord just in case there's going to be "someone higher" in one of the next two games that I don't know about yet.
Not Maou because I didn't want to leave it in japanese.

Myndith: I fixed those two crashing bugs. The Vampire Girl one is pretty bad since that blocks out like a third of the fight. I updated the patch in the main post to fix those two crashes.

narhak
06-17-2011, 06:06 PM
THXXXXXXXX !!!!!

Myndth
06-17-2011, 06:20 PM
It's been translated to a crap load of different things. My thought process was:

Not Demon King because she's a queen.
Not Demon Lord because it's a "monster world".
Not Overlord just in case there's going to be "someone higher" in one of the next two games that I don't know about yet.
Not Maou because I didn't want to leave it in japanese.

Myndith: I fixed those two crashing bugs. The Vampire Girl one is pretty bad since that blocks out like a third of the fight. I updated the patch in the main post to fix those two crashes.

Don't worry, I think it's fine like this. Thanks to you I finnaly understood the meaning of the.. well.. Half-Lamia? ^^
Also, I think you should post a link at MGU, I could do this, but you did work on it, so it's your credit :D

Dick Johnson
06-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Is this the right place to report bugs?

The game crashes when you get the evaluation from Ilias for losing to the Lamia after ditching her when she's unconscious.

RogueTranslator
06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah this is the right place. If you guys find any crashing bugs I'll fix them and update the patch in the main post as soon as I see them. I fixed the two Myndth found, so if you run into either of those you can re-download the patch for the fix. I'll also update what I changed in the OP so you can see if it's already been fixed.

Myndth
06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
already bugfix'd. Read the first post again, currently 2 storybased bugs are found :>
But yes, I suppose it's the right place to report them.

// I'm slow. Just too slow.

BloodNite
06-17-2011, 06:56 PM
i noticed when you dmg the monsters it doesnt say the dmg just letters? bug or just incomplete for battles?
also noticed some sentences errors while playing nothing big just some simple miswordings.

RogueTranslator
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Damn, I thought I fixed that damage-letter issue. Can you tell me what fight it happens in?

Myndth
06-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Im currently at the part with the harpies.. and almost evertime luke does over 9 damage the letters appears.Hmm.. I don't remember every fight, but I'm sure about the dragon.

RogueTranslator
06-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Ahhh. I had lost my power last night due to a huge storm, so I had lost the changes I had made. I fixed it again, but I won't change the patch until another crash or something game-stopping. Thanks again.

EDIT: I forgot to include the \system images that translates the title screen buttons. I added them as a separate mediafire download. For some reason they decided to make these buttons images instead of text (which is also why I didn't want to spend all the time to edit the config images).

Dick Johnson
06-17-2011, 08:57 PM
When the loli-vampire uses eyes of obedience and you choose to look into them and she "sits on your face" I get an error message.

Rydellvoss
06-17-2011, 08:59 PM
So far the only things I've noticed is that theres a blank line you use during battle after attacks (multi hit attacks feel slower due to this, but its probably in how you changed it to have english letters in) and that it does bug out for any damage over 9 I think (on hard, the mandragora fight is when I first noticed it). If you care, I also noticed the smith from the first town before you leave is missing an h. I doubt you care about some of the small ones, but seeing how much damage you do might be important? I'm not sure. Edit on damage: The damage appears to be semi random, sometimes showing, for skills it often does not, a few cases (notably the seven tailed fox fight, when you get put to sleep and awaken plotarmor hidden powers I don't believe any damage is shown, and random note is that I have some very interesting ideas for luka now that I can actually see the skill names he used during that)

At twin harpies, theres a few typos and the harpies themselves "talking" for "luka takes damage!" and its appearing before the attack, maybe over what they should be saying pre-attack?
Don't know if you want minor typos, but "But soon you'll be a slave to the my whims, and ejaculate whenever I wish" is one of them (harpy queen lost)

And at the game over screen, would it be better to word it "Go back to map"? Go back one turn made me think of one turn before I lost.

Uh, one final thing. Did you ever decide on the reason for the naming? I know it might go into luka, luke or ruka but I (personally) thought it might be easiest to just leave it as ruka since thats what they put as the name above his health bar. E- Er, I'm an idiot and forgot japan can't say r and thus it would be translated as luka, since they would say luka as ruka anyway. derp.

E: Well played through on hard up to where TL ends, only actually checking the rape parts when losing legitly (minus fighting the mimic, fun fact: you can actually defeat it on hard, it just takes a STUPIDLY high amount of RNG luck.) Put most of what I found in the post, will try and go through all the game overs and such tomorrow. This is one game I would play over and over to find all the bugs~ (And I just love that boss music)

BloodNite
06-17-2011, 09:31 PM
ive seen the letter dmg appear mainly on skill based attacks and its on at least half the fights

Seyser Koze
06-17-2011, 09:31 PM
All right, found some time to sit down and start playing. Text bugs aside, very nice work so far.

One thing: I wouldn't call the spot right before fighting Alice a "Safe" save point, considering that it's a dead end.

Dick Johnson
06-17-2011, 09:46 PM
The sex scene with the harpie twins also gives an error message...just when it was getting sexy too!

RogueTranslator
06-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Dick Johnson: The newest version of the patch in the original message fixes that crash.
Rydellvoss: Thanks, I fixed the smith's name. I had to put a new line after each attack because of how the game handles english characters in string variables... unfortunately that will have to stay.
Seyser: You're right, I was just adding them between every choice and fight, haha. I took that one out so people won't get stuck in a dead end. I don't think I do that in any other inevitable bad-end fights.

EDIT: Dick, did you put the arc1.nsa file from the .RAR into the game directory? The missing CG might be why it crashed for you.

BloodNite
06-17-2011, 10:16 PM
The Return button for Extras appears to still be in jap.

Slime Girl rape
The increased sensation sends overpowering ecstasy through me, almost feeling like torture.
(I think that overpowering should be overwhelming sounds better)

Alice rape 1
Please shoots thorugh me, making my head go white!
(think Please is ment to be Pleasure)

Mandragora Rape 1
Ahh! >Aaahhhh!
(think > is ment to be dots)

Granberia 1 rape scene
With her rhythmic pumpinping bring me to heaven, she continues to stroke me without mercy.
(pumpinping think should be pumping or stroking sounds better. would it be weird to use stroke twice in a sentence?)

Spider Girl Rape 2(its missing the #2 btw)
theirs a line that it looks like you got the person talking wrong when the spider girl puts her venom in think its supposed to be luka that should be saying "N...No!" not the spider girl

these are just some errors i found and some sentences i thought i should mention that sound strange(to me anyway)

jikorde
06-18-2011, 04:59 AM
In the battle with Nanabi, the seven-tailed fox, when using Ninefold Rakshasa the game gives an error after hit #3

danglinhson
06-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Thank you. Your translate speed is awesome.

TokiNoKimi
06-18-2011, 08:17 AM
I ran through the translation a bit. It's actually pretty natural sounding in most parts, well, more natural than the Rance 1/2 translation anyway, which is good.

There are still a few seemingly Japanese artifacts here and there though, not as in actual Japanese words but more "Ahiii!" and "Hoora hoora" (in the Mandagora fight) that... doesn't work well in English.

Shame about the saving bug. Hopefully you can fix it because without the ability to save in battle, a lot of them are a pain in the arse.

RogueTranslator
06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Rydellvos: Thanks, I fixed the typos and the odd attack bug on the harpies. It was "Go back one turn" in japanese... I'm not quite sure what to reword it to be more accurate. Go back a few turns? I picked Luka over Ruka because Ruka sounds odd, and "Megurine Ruka" is translated as Megurine Luka, so there was precedent, lol.

Jikorde: That crash was caused by the way I changed the damage so they would show up as numbers... I fixed it and put the patch back up so you can get by that point.

TokiNoKimi: Yeah, I need to take out the Hoora's. Except for the voiced parts, since that's literally what they say. I don't know what to do about Ahii, since it's literally the most used sound effect in the game, haha.

I updated the main post with the patch that fixes all the issues above, especially the crash.

jikorde
06-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Another bug that I found, though I'm not sure if it is because of the patch. When you decide to fight Alice after dealing with the foxes, after you lose the game shows the ending scene of when you lost to the 7-tailed fox and if you choose to re-fight you jump back to the start of the seven-tailed fox battle.

Makubex27
06-18-2011, 12:51 PM
I do a lot of lurking on hongfire...but I had to actually post for once to say you are completely awesome.

I can't believe how fast you are translating this game, started 5/25 and already so far? Thank you for your hard work. This game was amazing to play even using Translation Aggregator, but it is now even more so that it is in good english.

Dick Johnson
06-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Dick Johnson: The newest version of the patch in the original message fixes that crash.
Rydellvoss: Thanks, I fixed the smith's name. I had to put a new line after each attack because of how the game handles english characters in string variables... unfortunately that will have to stay.
Seyser: You're right, I was just adding them between every choice and fight, haha. I took that one out so people won't get stuck in a dead end. I don't think I do that in any other inevitable bad-end fights.

EDIT: Dick, did you put the arc1.nsa file from the .RAR into the game directory? The missing CG might be why it crashed for you.

Heh, I didn't. The instructions only mentioned adding the nscript so I deleted the arc1.nsa.

Thanks though!

Seyser Koze
06-18-2011, 02:35 PM
TokiNoKimi: Yeah, I need to take out the Hoora's. Except for the voiced parts, since that's literally what they say. I don't know what to do about Ahii, since it's literally the most used sound effect in the game, haha.

Aieeeee!

Luka screams like a girl.

EDIT: Anyway, since "hoora" is generally used as a taunting expression ("oh, look at you, little boy's all grown up down there"), I'd think anything giving that general feel would work.

BloodNite
06-18-2011, 06:30 PM
How do you plan on finishing the rest of the translations? going to release another part or go all the way to the end?

RogueTranslator
06-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I'll do one at 75%, then a final one at 100%. I don't know if I'll ever be able to translate the in-game encyclopedia because it has a bunch of issues with displaying english characters.

wakkin
06-18-2011, 10:33 PM
I just tried to start the game but at the beginning right after Ilias says "I shall teach you how to fight." the game crashes. Only thing I can read about it is 099.txt line:511, what she said before the quote i mentioned, the quoted words, and then the save thing.

RogueTranslator
06-18-2011, 10:36 PM
You need to run the game under Japanese locale. There should be some guides out on the internet about how to do it.

In other news, mediafire says it's been downloaded 200 times! Nifty, I didn't think there was so many people interested in this fairly obscure game.

wakkin
06-18-2011, 11:03 PM
ah okay thank you

TokiNoKimi
06-18-2011, 11:29 PM
In other news, mediafire says it's been downloaded 200 times! Nifty, I didn't think there was so many people interested in this fairly obscure game.

Honestly, it's obscure for the people who only play big-name games like Fate, but I think everyone who's involved in the monster girl fetish clubs know about this game, and there's a decent number of those people.

AlextheLazy
06-19-2011, 12:49 AM
I found topics linking to this one on 6 different sites

so yeah word spreads

BloodNite
06-19-2011, 01:41 AM
ive been trying to look on the jap site for Monster quest about part 2 but other than some new monster images havent seen or heard much else. anyone know how there progressing?

Rydellvoss
06-19-2011, 02:26 AM
ive been trying to look on the jap site for Monster quest about part 2 but other than some new monster images havent seen or heard much else. anyone know how there progressing?All we know is that it's supposed to come out in summer.... welll... it is summer! So uh, best bet is within a month, maybe 2-3 if we are unlucky~

(Translators note: I'm totally speculating, don't kill me if it doesn't come out by then)

shihang427
06-19-2011, 03:38 AM
All we know is that it's supposed to come out in summer.... welll... it is summer! So uh, best bet is within a month, maybe 2-3 if we are unlucky~

(Translators note: I'm totally speculating, don't kill me if it doesn't come out by then)

not summer, but autumn

Q.中章、終章の発売はいつになりますか?
 A.中章は2011年の秋、終章は2012年を目標としております。
  あくまで目標であり、変更があるかもしれない事をご了承下さい。
  いずれも前章より同じか、少し増量したボリュームとなります。

Arkanoid23
06-19-2011, 05:08 AM
All we know is that it's supposed to come out in summer.... welll... it is summer! So uh, best bet is within a month, maybe 2-3 if we are unlucky~

He postponed again so it is autumn actually and next year for part 3.

Rydellvoss
06-19-2011, 11:32 PM
He postponed again so it is autumn actually and next year for part 3.Are you serious? Oh balls, I was looking forward to having part 2 so soon. Ah well, I'll just enjoy being able to actually understand all the text instead of 25-50% of it.

wakkin
06-20-2011, 02:56 AM
okay was not expecting the touhou arranges after the sea slug fight. this game just became even better in my opinion. now i'm curious if i have to listen to the rest of the bgm to see if any more are in there.

TokiNoKimi
06-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Touhou arranges...? Are the music in the game not self-composed or what.

wakkin
06-20-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure if its just that the one I picked up had its bgm changed or something, but after the sea slug fight at the save point while talking to the girl calling you master I recognized the bgm as a Lullaby of Deserted Hell arrange. And after listening to it for a while it even led into a Corpse Voyage ~ Be of Good Cheer! arrange. I havent noticed any til this point though. Anybody else want to check this to see if it is the normal bgm? Also I managed to find the exact arranges I was hearing on there on a youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsBFkL5jwdI so I'm leaning towards that I picked up one with edited bgm but i dont really know for certain.

RogueTranslator
06-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Damn! I didn't even notice that. The theme is in the game as "Field 2", with no reference to touhou in the script files. The beginnings sound almost identical. That theme DID sound very familiar to me the first time I heard it, but I couldn't pick out from what.
EDIT: But both of them sound Final Fantasyish... Especially FF9.

wakkin
06-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow so its not just me! An arrange of one of my favorites in Touhou in a game I wasnt expecting, I consider that awesome.

Zinny
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Awesome work so far man I do enjoy myself when people translate projects like these. So I've been playing around a little with the whole saving thing and I have found a few ways to save with English characters other then the double byte ones you put in. Sadly if you have to many of them you can cause the game to crash. The way you do this is when you bring up the window asking what you want to name the file you normally if you push the button you will get a error of some kind, but if you hit alt-F4 (It won't close the program I swear) it will allow you to save it, but as I stated before it will crash after a few types of these saves. Another way that does involve the double byte characters is when you get to a save spot location. Save then with it asks you to choose what to name it copy the name of the save. Then when you want to save just paste the Safe Save Location in the save name and then hit the button if done correctly it should work. From what I've seen this has caused no problems so far even in battle.

Xilium
06-20-2011, 08:50 PM
^
What you are referring to is the save comments which can be changed to allow English text in the script file (instead of alt-F4, you can also just hit the escape key to bypass the error message). I made this same mistake as well when rouge asked about it in another thread. He left the error code there in order to prevent people from saving outside of the safe save locations. If you try to load one of those saves you created, you'll notice that it will take you to the last instance of double-byte text (which will be a safe save location or a blank line/box if you're still in the English portions of the game).

The issue with the saves seems to be an issue with the pre-coded save command for nscripter games. The save function in the game works by creating a save state at the last instance of dialog that you have progressed to. The problem with this is that in order to display single byte characters, the dialog has to be preceded by the ">" symbol which tells the program that the following text is in English. Unfortunately, the save function doesn't recognize that as dialog since what it seems to be searching for is a line text that isn't proceeded by any non-font related commands (basically everything that is dialog has some sort of symbol or command proceeding it). The English text command seems to have just been tacked on in one of the later revisions of the nscripter software and not much/any effort was put into the program supporting it beyond being able to display it.

I think to enable both saves and word wrapping, someone would have to modify the .exe itself.

hartgun
06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
hi there, first time poster here.

i just dowloaded both the game and the patch, and im getting an error everytime im about to fight the first slime girl before the baptism, the goddes shows up and a error text appears and crash the game.

anybody knows why this happen? any kind of help is appreciated.

Zinny
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Can you post a screenshot of what the error is?

Ohoho
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
The game seems to crash right after Ilia tells you that she's about to teach you how to fight monsters.
What do?

Ohoho
06-22-2011, 02:35 PM
http://s4.postimage.org/84xvwa3o/Error_Message.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/84xvwa3o/)
Screenshot

RogueTranslator
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
The jumbled characters mean you need to run the game in japanese locale. Either switch your system setting to Japanese, or use a program called Applocale.

In a sticky post in this forum, they have some instructions: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/328830-How-to-run-Japanese-games-%28AppLocale%29

I haven't personally used that specific version, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Zinny
06-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Ok well first off that is kinda weird how Safe Save Location is each on its own line... Second is the symbols you're getting are weird. Just going to guess here you aren't running the game with the Applocale which is needed to run Japanese games.

Edit:Forget it I was beaten to it.

hartgun
06-22-2011, 04:12 PM
The jumbled characters mean you need to run the game in japanese locale. Either switch your system setting to Japanese, or use a program called Applocale.

In a sticky post in this forum, they have some instructions: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/328830-How-to-run-Japanese-games-%28AppLocale%29

I haven't personally used that specific version, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

that worked for me, thanks a lot.

BloodNite
06-22-2011, 06:35 PM
cant wait for next patch wanna read on the haunted house see alice all scared like XD

Zinny
06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
So is monster girl quest the real translation for the logo that comes up on the main screen?

Seyser Koze
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
So is monster girl quest the real translation for the logo that comes up on the main screen?

Yes.

(Ten characters)

Zinny
06-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes.

(Ten characters)

Awesome Thanks Man.

TokiNoKimi
06-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Monmusu = portmanteau of Monster and Musume = Monstergirl.

Zinny
06-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Was little bored tonight so I made a English version of the logo. Can't get it just right for some reason keeps having a very small green outline. DL Link--------> http://www.mediafire.com/i/?b4bb1p1atmk7zha

To install go into your system folder and replace the logo.bmp with this one. You may want to backup the original just in case.

200646 <----- Screenshot of it in the main screen.

MisterV
06-23-2011, 07:08 AM
It seems quite unstable. In the Japanese version, I can't get past the 'dream' where Ilias appears to you. In the English one it crashes right after Ilias says "I'll teach you to fight". This is weird... (moreover, Hongfire keeps giving me server errors, maybe it's just not my day)

Myndth
06-23-2011, 10:19 AM
It seems quite unstable. In the Japanese version, I can't get past the 'dream' where Ilias appears to you. In the English one it crashes right after Ilias says "I'll teach you to fight". This is weird... (moreover, Hongfire keeps giving me server errors, maybe it's just not my day)
Are you sure you are using the japanese unicode? It won't work without it.

Deoffome
06-24-2011, 01:21 AM
After I got to the point where the patch ends (The monster girl in the library) I checked my encyclopedia and most of them were gone. Everything after the sea slug as well as Alice and Slime were still there but every other monster was back to being '??????' and going back and fighting them again didn't restore them to the encyclopedia.
Not a problem for me since I have a save before every fight but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Seyser Koze
06-24-2011, 02:11 PM
OP doesn't have a free link to the actual game in his opening post
here;
<uncouth links omitted>

That's because the OP stated that he'd rather people buy the game and support the creators, homez.

RogueTranslator
06-24-2011, 03:07 PM
After I got to the point where the patch ends (The monster girl in the library) I checked my encyclopedia and most of them were gone. Everything after the sea slug as well as Alice and Slime were still there but every other monster was back to being '??????' and going back and fighting them again didn't restore them to the encyclopedia.
Not a problem for me since I have a save before every fight but I thought it was worth mentioning.

That's bizarre... It must be a corrupted save file. Did you ever try to save somewhere where it didn't say "Safe save location"? Check the file size of the gloval.sav located in the monmusugame\save folder. It should be around 13 to 14kb. Corrupted ones are sometimes around 1 to 2kb.

I haven't had this issue myself, but it's worrying since the save method is so patchworky.

Was little bored tonight so I made a English version of the logo. Can't get it just right for some reason keeps having a very small green outline.

Do you mind if I add that into the title images part of the patch? It's a zillion times better than anything I could ever hope to do.

In other news, mediafire says its been downloaded more than 1050 times. That's nutso.

Zinny
06-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Do you mind if I add that into the title images part of the patch? It's a zillion times better than anything I could ever hope to do.

:hope: Yes sir you can I was planning on maybe tomorrow night adding the sub title to it which I finally found out what it was thanks to another forum.
On a small side note I saw that you posted this on /d/. Found it a good way to get the game out there.

Deoffome
06-24-2011, 07:56 PM
That's bizarre... It must be a corrupted save file. Did you ever try to save somewhere where it didn't say "Safe save location"? Check the file size of the gloval.sav located in the monmusugame\save folder. It should be around 13 to 14kb. Corrupted ones are sometimes around 1 to 2kb.

I haven't had this issue myself, but it's worrying since the save method is so patchworky.

My gloval.sav is 14KB and I haven't ever tried saving in a non safe location. I did get beat down by that unpatched monster though and went to the death screen. could an unpatched monster being put in the encylopedia have anything to do with it?

Omeganiferious
06-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm having trouble getting the game to work as well. I changed my system and local and whatnot, and the game loads the dream sequence with the Goddess just fine. But when that screen fades away to what I assume is the main character's house, it can't seem to find a line or something and the game crashes.

Not much detail I know, but the error message is partially in Japanese and it won't let me copy it to just post it here >.<

danglinhson
06-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Can someone send me a pm of this game's torrent link plz?
Can't found the install anywhere

ofayto
06-25-2011, 08:41 AM
@RogueTranslator: Really really impressive and awesome work you did there in translating the game. Just curious, did you use programmes to translate those Japanese texts or you're purely using your Nihongo knowledge?

Also, this is the first visual novel game which I actually read line by line, started to get immersed into the storyline.....right until the english translation ends lawl :X But seriously, this game really is worth buying.

EDIT: How do we thank someone in a thread/ post >.>? I look forward to the day you release the complete translation of the game =)

@danglinhson: EDIT: I have to respect the thread creator's (RougueTranslator) wish, which in this case, he wants other to support the game developer buy buying their game. Took off the link. Sumimassen.

jikorde
06-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Rogue, thank you for translating this enjoyable game. I am wondering, do you plan to translate the other parts in the series when they are released?

Overwave9
06-25-2011, 10:16 AM

To add a voice to this, I've been having the exact same issue: they're added as I go through, but when I close the program and reload, only Slime and Alice remain. Likewise, not a big deal as I obsessively save at safe locations, but still something to note. gloval.sav is at 13kb as well.

As a side-note, I'd just like to personally thank you for this. It's made a great game playable for those of us who can't read Japanese and your speed and regular updated percentages are much appreciated.

Deoffome
06-25-2011, 10:17 AM
For the record, deleting all my saves and starting over does fix the problem. saved just after the second granberia fight and it's all good.
Also want to add my thanks to the others, Really you've done an awesome job and I look forward to the complete translation.

RogueTranslator
06-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Rogue, thank you for translating this enjoyable game. I am wondering, do you plan to translate the other parts in the series when they are released?

I don't know yet. I don't know if I'd want to translate the next two alone, or how good they are.

@RogueTranslator: Really really impressive and awesome work you did there in translating the game. Just curious, did you use programmes to translate those Japanese texts or you're purely using your Nihongo knowledge?

Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm using a combination of my own knowledge and programs/dictionaries to look up kanji/kanji compounds I don't recognize.

I'm having trouble getting the game to work as well. I changed my system and local and whatnot, and the game loads the dream sequence with the Goddess just fine. But when that screen fades away to what I assume is the main character's house, it can't seem to find a line or something and the game crashes.

I've seen someone with an error at that point. I think it was a "Missing File/Cannot open morning.ogg" error. I *think* the solution to this was renaming the game folder into english characters. The issue, as I remember it, was that the game folder wasn't in english or japanese, but instead some weird symbols.

EDIT: Could someone that's having issues with the names disappearing from the encyclopedia put their save folder into a .rar and put it up for download? I'll try to figure it out.

ricobanderas9
06-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for this marvelous translation... it's pretty damn high quality. I read/write a little Japanese myself and know how hard it can be to translate in the casual, sensical way that you do.

Thanks for all your hard work. This is a great game and I'm so happy you created the opportunity for so many people in the West to enjoy it. I don't know if you'd ever want donations for your time but hell I'd be willing to pitch in.

GodInHell
06-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Thank you Rogue, for translating this game! Im really enjoying it and even forget sometimes that its a fanmade translation, you're really good at this!

On a side note, does anyone know if there's a 100% walkthrough? On some monsters, I just cant get all the defeats, like the mini Goblin Girl.

Zinny
06-25-2011, 11:59 AM
On the Goblin Girl if I remember right don't guard when she is about to attack and she will knock you down and you will still be "fighting", but it is all over from there.

GodInHell
06-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, that was the normal defeat. But there was something else.. something like Forceful Intercrural if i remember correctly.

Zinny
06-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Battle her on hard mode, dodge her attack, and then just guard until she uses it.

RogueTranslator
06-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Some monsters have moves they only use on Hard mode, or under certain conditions. Usually Ilias's evaluation meeting mentions something about the fight for filling out the encyclopedia. If you can't figure out how to get a move, try losing and doing the meeting.

The hardest move in the game to get is probably Granberia's "Demon Skull Beheading * Blaze" during the second fight... But it isn't in the encyclopedia anyway. Nothing special about it besides it being an instant lose move... And being a more powerful version of Luka's move, I guess.

jikorde
06-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Granberia's "Demon Skull Beheading * Blaze" does have a purpose. It is an achievement in the record menu to see Granberia use it.

RogueTranslator
06-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh I didn't notice that. I only translated the first 3 pages of the achievements and haven't looked at the second half.

Zinny
06-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok does the bottom of the logo translate as Assaulted by the inhuman girls Part 1?

Omeganiferious
06-25-2011, 05:33 PM
I've seen someone with an error at that point. I think it was a "Missing File/Cannot open morning.ogg" error. I *think* the solution to this was renaming the game folder into english characters. The issue, as I remember it, was that the game folder wasn't in english or japanese, but instead some weird symbols.

I tried this and it's still crashing. Sorry, I don't mean to be a bother, but I have no idea how to fix it myself and I'm usually not bad at this kind of thing >.<

If it matters, I'm using the trial version of the game. I'd really like to make sure I like it before I shell out 30$...

Also, I'd like to take a second to say thank you as well. I do a little bit of moonspeak myself, and people who don't know much about Japanese really can't appreciate how hard a good translation can be. Especially in a form of media like this. You're awesome to be taking this on!

RogueTranslator
06-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Ok does the bottom of the logo translate as Assaulted by the inhuman girls Part 1?

It's actually closer to "Be defeated by a Monster Girl and be raped. Part 1". It sounded way too odd, and too long to fit, so I changed it to Monster Girl Assault. But I've realized that has a double meaning where it could be seen as Luka is assaulting them, so I'll try to think of something else that's short and doesn't sound odd in English.

I tried this and it's still crashing. Sorry, I don't mean to be a bother, but I have no idea how to fix it myself and I'm usually not bad at this kind of thing >.<

If it matters, I'm using the trial version of the game. I'd really like to make sure I like it before I shell out 30$...

Also, I'd like to take a second to say thank you as well. I do a little bit of moonspeak myself, and people who don't know much about Japanese really can't appreciate how hard a good translation can be. Especially in a form of media like this. You're awesome to be taking this on!

Oh... I'd be extremely surprised if it worked with the trial. It's possible he licensed the music from someone, and one of the terms of the contract was that the music couldn't be used in the trial. Complete guess of course. I've never tried the script with the trial myself, though.

Zinny
06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
It's actually closer to "Be defeated by a Monster Girl and be raped. Part 1". It sounded way too odd, and too long to fit, so I changed it to Monster Girl Assault. But I've realized that has a double meaning where it could be seen as Luka is assaulting them, so I'll try to think of something else that's short and doesn't sound odd in English.
Ok Thanks... Cause I have no previous knowledge of Japanese at all sadly and what I got from the DL site with google translate was "The query and Mon Musume! - It loses little girl is raped in the previous chapter" So..Ya I will just wait to fix up the logo then any other kind of graphic you need done?

Arkanoid23
06-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Btw question to the translator himself. I know it is a long shot since it is still something like 3 months but do you think you will translate the second part too?

Deoffome
06-26-2011, 04:51 AM
Btw question to the translator himself. I know it is a long shot since it is still something like 3 months but do you think you will translate the second part too?

He answered that in the previous page

I don't know yet. I don't know if I'd want to translate the next two alone, or how good they are.

Cio
06-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Just finished the 50% patched game :D

I absolutely loved your translation Rogue/Ichigo (What should i called you better? :D )
With AGTH, i never know that this game really have NICE joke, Alice RULEZZZ!!! Love her very much... Illias comment also really really nice every time Ruka met her after defeated...

I really appreciate and many thanks for your kindness Rogue, hope to see more of your trans in the next game if you willing and have time :D

Arkanoid23
06-26-2011, 09:11 AM
He answered that in the previous page

Ah ok. But my guess is it won't be too different both quality and size wise. I read somewhere the creator plans to make 80 battles in the middle part so maybe a bit larger.

TokiNoKimi
06-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Ah ok. But my guess is it won't be too different both quality and size wise. I read somewhere the creator plans to make 80 battles in the middle part so maybe a bit larger.

Honestly I'm hoping he makes LESS battles unless he somehow managed to get better artists. Some of the monstergirls are just terrible-looking (I hated the entire undead ghost house segments) and wasting my time when I want to read the story without having to fight 4 ugly monstergirls before meeting the boss.

Arkanoid23
06-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I guess it is UN DO or something but yeah i know what you mean his style either gets you or not :D . But if you were to wait for a game with art done only by kenkou and the guy who made harpy village well i guess it wouldn't be here yet let alone plans for part 2 and 3.

Dick Johnson
06-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Apparently, someone on the Monster Girl forums said Kenkou had no input on this game whatsoever except for a little bit of the art. Does this mean it's a doujin-game?

Rydellvoss
06-26-2011, 01:59 PM
It is a doujin game, as comparing the world settings and some of the monsters, theres differences in how its done as well as some new ones.

AlextheLazy
06-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Apparently, someone on the Monster Girl forums said Kenkou had no input on this game whatsoever except for a little bit of the art. Does this mean it's a doujin-game?

even if Kenkou made it alone it still be a doujin-game

also Monster Musume Hyakuran predates the Mamono Musume Zukan

esker
06-27-2011, 01:01 AM
A quick query from someone who hasn't bothered to take the time to try: Have you thought of switching the executable to ONscripter-en (or even PON, but that'd take far more work) instead of nscripter? A liberal scattering of the ' reserved character to enable single-byte characters might make the saving thing work.

RogueTranslator
06-27-2011, 05:05 AM
When I tried onscripter-en, it crashed all over the place.

BastianT
06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
first of all thanks for the translation.
I wonder if someone have a full save, game is getting too hard!

Rydellvoss
06-27-2011, 03:55 PM
first of all thanks for the translation.
I wonder if someone have a full save, game is getting too hard!Switch to normal if you are playing on hard, and if you are on normal... if you lose, illias will give tips on how to win, if you are past the translated part use AGTH and atlas to engrish translate, but once you get sylph just put that up most the time, and depending on hard the enemy hits you basically just spam meditation for the long haul or bum rush strongest moves.

Manly5000
06-27-2011, 07:20 PM
For those playing past the translated parts, is anyone else getting a crash when:

1 - using the 4-point fury slash ability
2 - Fighting the viney-tentacley monster in the forest that comes after the tiny fairies
3 - Starting the sex scene with the mermaid in the port town hotel room?

Japanese unicode doesn't help and I'm not sure how to get past this.

If screens would help I'll post them.

Thanks!

RogueTranslator
06-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately, when english characters and japanese characters mix, the game crashes. The translated version crashes at points past the translated area because of that. You'll need to replace the japanese script back in if you want to go past the halfway point.

TokiNoKimi
06-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Has anyone tried using CheatEngine on this game? Replaying the game while being forced to fight the boring battles again is kind of annoying (especially since if it's not puzzles it's generally a LONG battle of attrition)

AlextheLazy
06-28-2011, 09:30 AM
hmm I have a tool I can test to see if it works Toki

TokiNoKimi
06-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Ok, go ahead and do that. See if you can change HP and damage or amount of SP.

RogueTranslator
06-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, even if you can make your HP infinite, there are still some moves that force you to lose (the game just assumes your HP would be 0 at that point).

The quickest method would probably be to decompile the script, and do a search for all instances of "mov %max_enemylife,#", and change the # to 1 to give them a single HP of life. This might break the scripted fights though (Alice, Nanabi, etc...).

AlextheLazy
06-28-2011, 06:11 PM
only tested on the queen harpy but poke worked live through her instant kill by locking current hp

http://codefromthe70s.org/poke.aspx

Piglets
06-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Thank you very much for your effort.

mothball
06-29-2011, 04:20 AM
A quick query from someone who hasn't bothered to take the time to try: Have you thought of switching the executable to ONscripter-en (or even PON, but that'd take far more work) instead of nscripter? A liberal scattering of the ' reserved character to enable single-byte characters might make the saving thing work.

I translated some of it a while ago using Uncle Mion's onscripter before losing interest. After some giant bandaid hacks to get the programmer's unique coding style to work with it, it seemed fine, and word wrap and saving anywhere did indeed work. The only problem I noticed was that the backlog was completely spaceless. I was going to post my work in here, but after transplanting the onscripter-en hacks into RogueTranslator's script a game-stopping bug was introduced in the first battle that I have absolutely no idea how to fix, and if simply rewording some gotos was able to cause a bug that early then there are likely many more that have popped up. I'm not sure if finding and fixing all of them is worth his time.

TokiNoKimi
06-29-2011, 05:27 AM
So, how's the progress on the translation going?

Edit: Well I sure look like a dumbarse not reading the first post. Nevermind! So here's a different question: What would the 75% stopping point be at?

Arkanoid23
06-29-2011, 08:11 AM

Edit: Well I sure look like a dumbarse not reading the first post. Nevermind! So here's a different question: What would the 75% stopping point be at?

I guess after the dryad boss.

Duckbuster
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Don't know if this has been posted here, but game crashes after I encounter the first monster.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9985874/crash.PNG

Edit: nvm, ran with Japanese local now, works just fine now :)

ND92
06-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't know if this has been posted here, but game crashes after I encounter the first monster.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9985874/crash.PNG

Edit: nvm, ran with Japanese local now, works just fine now :)
I have this exact same error. What do you mean by running it in Japanese local? To use the original game files? Because when I do, I crash right as I get to the forest.

Help would be appreciated!

Duckbuster
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
I have this exact same error. What do you mean by running it in Japanese local? To use the original game files? Because when I do, I crash right as I get to the forest.

Help would be appreciated!
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/328830-How-to-run-Japanese-games-%28AppLocale%29

RogueTranslator
06-29-2011, 02:56 PM

A rough line count shows right after the dryad fight it being at 74.9%... So right around there.

I translated some of it a while ago using Uncle Mion's onscripter before losing interest. After some giant bandaid hacks to get the programmer's unique coding style to work with it, it seemed fine, and word wrap and saving anywhere did indeed work. The only problem I noticed was that the backlog was completely spaceless. I was going to post my work in here, but after transplanting the onscripter-en hacks into RogueTranslator's script a game-stopping bug was introduced in the first battle that I have absolutely no idea how to fix, and if simply rewording some gotos was able to cause a bug that early then there are likely many more that have popped up. I'm not sure if finding and fixing all of them is worth his time.

That may be because of the >'s before every english line, as well as the english flag being set in the Define block (Since it would be redundant in onscripter-en, it probably isn't supported). The saving is inconvenient for now, but I haven't heard too many blood curdling screams. I'll keep on as I am now and see if there's a way to get it compatible at the end.

cyprusdell
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
really nice work. Thanks

TokiNoKimi
06-30-2011, 02:32 AM
By the way, does the game script has any reference to what the item upgrades do? In the Japanese version I usually ended up skipping town text just to save time even though I know they sometimes have weapons/armors etc and I wonder if I'm screwing myself over or if they're just fluff.

RogueTranslator
06-30-2011, 09:09 AM
If I remember right, the only upgrade you get from visiting merchants is the Enrikan Shirt, and I don't know if that's miss able. I think it adds 10 defense. I forget if there's something else closer to the end of the game, though.

RogueTranslator
06-30-2011, 09:03 PM
I added in the additional scenes with Chrome and Frederika that the artist released last week to the script. The new CGs and text make the game-over scene with Frederika the longest in the game by far. Big thanks to Xilium over at the MGU forum for helping out with finding the differences in the new script.

I recalculated the line numbers... The new scene is about an extra 500 lines of text.

Cio
06-30-2011, 10:03 PM
As always, great progress... If this keep up, i guess next week will be 75%.

Seyser Koze
06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I added in the additional scenes with Chrome and Frederika that the artist released last week to the script. The new CGs and text make the game-over scene with Frederika the longest in the game by far. Big thanks to Xilium over at the MGU forum for helping out with finding the differences in the new script.

I recalculated the line numbers... The new scene is about an extra 500 lines of text.

That's why I hate translating H-scenes. Far longer than any of the actual important text in the game, and it's the same damn thing over and over... >_<

TokiNoKimi
06-30-2011, 11:10 PM
You lost me, who's Chrome and Frederika?

AlextheLazy
06-30-2011, 11:14 PM
The Necromancer and the last Zombie

TokiNoKimi
06-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Wait, they actually added stuff to the game and it's for the Necromancer and zombie arghhhhhh moving on.

RogueTranslator
06-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Haha, it isn't too bad of a scene, actually. A bit more involved than all the other scenes at least.

BloodNite
07-01-2011, 10:00 AM
will you include this new patch/update into your translation file or do we download it separately? will it affect what you've done so far?

RogueTranslator
07-01-2011, 10:50 AM
It will be a part of the patch, and won't affect anything I've done so far.

Xilium
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Someone on another forum asked for a complete set of the HCGs with the overlays and backgrounds (as they appear in game) so I've gone ahead and created those and thought I'd post them here as well. These do not include the character poses/money shots as those would take a lot more work.

Link: http://www.multiupload.com/5IKF5GNV6F

P.S @RougeTranslator
It's not necessarily a bug but for the harpy twins, in the encyclopedia, the two scenes with the elder twin don't show up under the CG option. They show up fine during the rape scene though.

Replacing everything under *zukan_hapy_bc_cg with the following should fix it.

lsp 500,":c;bg\bg027.bmp",0,0
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_ha1.bmp",0,0
print 10,500:lrclick:getret %hanyo1:if %hanyo1=0 return "*zukan_"+$zlavel
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_ha2.bmp",0,0
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_ha3.bmp",0,0
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_ha4.bmp",0,0
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_hc1.bmp",0,0
lsp 420,":a;chara\hapy_bc_ct01.bmp",503,0
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_hc2.bmp",0,0
lsp 420,":a;chara\hapy_bc_ct02.bmp",503,0
lsp 420,":a;chara\hapy_bc_ct03.bmp",503,0
csp 420
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_hb1.bmp",0,0
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_hb2.bmp",0,0
lsp 430,":a;chara\hapy_bc_hb3.bmp",0,0
print 10,500:lrclick
return "*zukan_"+$zlavel

RogueTranslator
07-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks Xilium, I fixed it.

Also, I updated the release date for the 75% patch. I liked the mansion and forest part a lot, so I was able to do a lot more in the last two days than I thought I would. I should be at 75% tomorrow, so I'll release it at around 5 or 6pm EST tomorrow night.

Seyser Koze
07-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Holy balls!

TokiNoKimi
07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow, that's crazy faster than I thought.

eugene1234
07-02-2011, 09:29 PM
F*ck yeah! My body is ready.

On a side note. It kinda surprised me you were posting on 4chan. I was like WTF O_O. The game's been kinda crazy over there. Even /v/ who hates video games will occasionally have a lengthy thread about it with less trolls than /jp/. VN OF THE YEAR in 4chan.

RogueTranslator
07-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Haha yeah I enjoy reading the threads when I catch them. I'm glad people like the game. Surprisingly, nobody on /jp/ (that I've seen) has insulted the translation itself, and they usually jump all over that... So that makes me happy, I guess.

BloodNite
07-02-2011, 10:57 PM
new patch tomorrow!!! im happy and angry at the same time....happy i get to see the haunted house(wanna see alice all scared like XD. and mad that ill be at work when it comes out T.T
what do you mean /jp/? jap people or just another forum grp?

Cio
07-02-2011, 11:38 PM
75% stop after Chimera Dryad boss, right? GReat..

Haha yeah I enjoy reading the threads when I catch them. I'm glad people like the game. Surprisingly, nobody on /jp/ (that I've seen) has insulted the translation itself, and they usually jump all over that... So that makes me happy, I guess.

If someone insulting your translation/any trans, i will personally smash their head to their a$$... This is by far my fav monster game, so i'm incredibly glad when you translate the game.

rippir
07-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Anyone else have no sound?

Not sure why my sound doesn't work! no errors, just not sound (no music, no SFX)

edit: nevermind, works all of sudden:dunno:

Rydellvoss
07-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Haha yeah I enjoy reading the threads when I catch them. I'm glad people like the game. Surprisingly, nobody on /jp/ (that I've seen) has insulted the translation itself, and they usually jump all over that... So that makes me happy, I guess.Hah, have you been the one making the threads on /v/ with the vampire image in the op? I actually first found the game around beginning of year I think there, and hadn't seen a thread since then. At least until you translated it, then it popped up on /v/.

And jp NOT insulting something... thats a surprise. I'd probably actually go to jp but /a/ and /v/ has better VN discussion I think. That or I always miss it, since whenever I look at jp its just touhou with a small chance of umineko and a giant TL list of vns that moves at about 1% every 5 months.

RogueTranslator
07-03-2011, 04:26 AM
No, I've only made one thread and that was on /d/ when I first put up the 50% patch. It seems like the vampire is the most popular character though...

I like chrome more myself, maybe she'll start popping up in the threads after the next patch.

Cio
07-03-2011, 06:38 AM
No, I've only made one thread and that was on /d/ when I first put up the 50% patch. It seems like the vampire is the most popular character though...

You mean the loli vampire? IMO, she is interesting enough, actually the 4 loli are decent character for me, i hope we could see the adult version of those quartet :D esp the Lamia and Vampire.

Seyser Koze
07-03-2011, 09:09 AM
You mean the loli vampire? IMO, she is interesting enough, actually the 4 loli are decent character for me, i hope we could see the adult version of those quartet :D esp the Lamia and Vampire.

There's a full-grown lamia in the currently-translated portion...

BastianT
07-03-2011, 10:28 AM
75%... does it cover the last Alice ""H"" scene?
Wish I could skip battles, Im only interested in the story, Alice is hilarious.

Seyser Koze
07-03-2011, 11:02 AM
75%... does it cover the last Alice ""H"" scene?
Wish I could skip battles, Im only interested in the story, Alice is hilarious.

I think that doesn't come until the desert kingdom, so no.

This patch would be everything around the holy city hub, so you've got the library, the kraken's lair, the haunted house, and the fairy forest.

Then the final patch would be the desert kingdom, the pyramid, the witch's village, and chasing down the gnome.

eugene1234
07-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Got my first crash. Recalled lamia then request coiled tit fuck

RogueTranslator
07-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I couldn't duplicate that crash... May have just been a random bug?

In other news, I updated the original post with the 75% patch information. Make sure you're careful with loading your saves if you progressed past the 50% point of the last patch.

Zinny
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Time to download and play the crap out of this.

eugene1234
07-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't mind sending you a picture of it. I've been able to duplicate it 10/10 tries.

I don't know how to post pics here in hongfire so I'll just send it to your mail.

EDIT: I've sent the mail already. Please check it out if you have the time.

Feor
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
EXPERT TRANSLATOR

No really, you're pretty damn fast.

LewisDaCoool
07-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Great job mate! This game is amazing.

Iwo
07-03-2011, 04:36 PM
There is a crash while fighting Twin Fairies. Please double check this.

EDIT: 099.txt line: 60137
EDIT2: Funny, I avoided this crah by NOT using applocale... But game crashed after battle was won. Which was predictable this time.

Rydellvoss
07-03-2011, 04:40 PM
I cant believe I forgot to post this, but on the log (using mousewheel to re-read) it doesn't have names for who is saying what. Unless that's intentional. I'll have to re-add the original script and see if it shows names or not..

RogueTranslator
07-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I cant believe I forgot to post this, but on the log (using mousewheel to re-read) it doesn't have names for who is saying what. Unless that's intentional. I'll have to re-add the original script and see if it shows names or not..

I'm not sure if it does or not. In either case, the fact that the backlog works at all is a miracle, so I doubt I'd be able to add them back in.

There is a crash while fighting Twin Fairies. Please double check this.

EDIT: 099.txt line: 60137
EDIT2: Funny, I avoided this crah by NOT using applocale... But game crashed after battle was won. Which was predictable this time.

Very interesting, I checked the script. The background is never specified for the twin fairy fight, so if there isn't currently a set background, the game will crash. In the normal game, it should load the background from the previous fight (the elf) so it doesn't crash. It looks like it was a bug in the original game too... It should only crash if it's the first fight you try to do from the encyclopedia.

If you do another fight, return back to encyclopedia, then fight the twin fairies, the background will be set to wherever that first fight was. I fixed it, and updated the patch though.

Zinny
07-03-2011, 05:00 PM
So this post will be more or less me trying to find misspells and all that stuff.

1. When you are defeated by page 65537 with the eyes of submission. During the r*pe scene at the start of it defeated is spelled wrong. You have it as "How does it feel to be deafeated by your own hand?"

wakkin
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Cant wait to play past the previous 50% mark. So glad I happened to look at /d/ and saw about this otherwise I might never have known.

Myndth
07-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Yay, nice update :D
There are only 2 things I need to report:
The crab girl - if she grabs you and uses her attack which doesn't paralyze you, the cg in the upper right corner won't appear completely.
Also, using Sylph again after her effect vanished - this part seems to be untranslated. While fighting the plant girl, I use sylph and fight her head on. After Sylph's effect vanished, I use in the same turn sylph again.

Cio
07-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I found a crash when losing to Page 17's "Pacifier Paralysis". The other 2 attack didn't error btw...

Seyser Koze
07-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Couple weird things here...

The video for the Kraken's Aqua Pentagon is clearly a hexagram, with six sides instead of five. Don't remember if that's the original creator's mistake or not.

As you're starting the haunted-house sidequest, you observe a "small cemetary [sic]" with "thousands of tombstones" in it. Maybe they're mouse tombstones?

RogueTranslator
07-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Hahaha yeah, I know... But it really was called ペンタゴン. I considered fixing it to pentagram, but I figured I'd just leave it as it was in the game.

As for the tombstones, I think the game was trying to get across the fact that it was an execution ground and a mass burial site. Think really compact asian tombstones... They're significantly smaller and more dense than western ones. I fixed the spelling error though, and the page 17 crash.

The strangest part about the Kraken fight is the fact that Luka can use the beheading move by climbing up a pillar and jumping off underwater.

EDIT: I checked again and it is pentagon. I might as well change it so it matches the movie though, I guess.

As for the graveyard, I'm imagining something like this http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/01/57/89/400_F_1578928_br5yqj6TUVWO3nAghZbTzVW2me1tHw.jpg

Rydellvoss
07-04-2011, 01:29 AM
The strangest part about the Kraken fight is the fact that Luka can use the beheading move by climbing up a pillar and jumping off underwater.Hah, you know I completely forgot about that. As well as the fact that hes underwater kind of slips my mind after the anglerfish.

Iwo
07-04-2011, 01:58 AM
As for Twin Fairies bug, I belive it is not fixed in 100%. When option to "struggle" appears, struggle is ok (and leads to victory), but choosing attack causes crash. I use AppLocale and I loaded save just before this fight.

TokiNoKimi
07-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Whoo new patch.

That being said, I got a feeling the game designers kind of blew his load (haha, geddit?) in the first 50% on the harpy village and stuff, because this is pretty much the worse stretch in the game for me. In this part of the game most battles are a long slog and not very interesting with the skills you have.

Haunted House: I really hate the art here which is kind of ironic it actually IS kind of creepy. Shame this is an eroge and not some sort of survival horror game because it just ends up making me go eww.

And wow, I seriously can't believe they patched the game to extend the Frederick game over scene so long but not touch any other part of the game. Really hated that boss fight by the fight. If I weren't cheating it takes way too long added to the fact that I lost a bunch from overextending.

Alice is hilarious in this section though.

Sea: Well, I have to say, this is the first time I've seen the fetish that the crab girl has. That's... original.

Other than that, 2 vore scenes and Kraken isn't that great looking. Shrug.

You know, something bothers me about Meia's CG. Where the hell are Luka's legs? Either that or he's doing some REALLY yoga-like stuff with spreading them at a 180 degrees angle.

Forest: They reused the Elf sprite twice, lazy bums! Also Chimera Dryad is nasty looking in a bad way. No real comment on the random fairies. At least Slyph is well-drawn though.

Oh well, the base game isn't that great but I can't insult the translation though. It's really good even with the small typos here and there. Thumbs up.

Rydellvoss
07-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Just finished the 75% patch (about), will post any errors I find and typos I guess.

Besides the sylph summoning one mentioned above (that looks like you fixed, I'm still using the original 75% patch),Minor typo, don't know if you care or if it's accurate, but after beating chimera plant and talking to people in town, talking to soldier A he says "...but they do say the goblins are actually kind of cute." Wouldn't it be faeries/pixies, since that's whats just moved into the town, or does he just bring up goblins out of nowhere?

Besides that I honestly don't think I saw any other problems/typos myself.. great work.

Rakkino
07-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Hey guys i was wondering, it is an awesome game, an awesome patch, but, how the heck do i download the game from the vndb site? Or if i cant download it from this site, where do i get it?

Deoffome
07-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Played through the new parts and I haven't found any issues other than some typoes that have alreadu been mentioned. Excellent work as always and I look forward to the last part.

On another note, given that it's up to 75% at this point I assume the story wont be resolved in this game? I've heard of the other games but I don't know how they relate to this one.

TokiNoKimi
07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
The game ends with only two of the elemental spirits found. It's highly obvious there's going to be more parts, 2 if I'm not wrong.

Technically I believe it's been stated that the 2nd part of the game will come out at the end of this year but there's always a chance doujin groups will die out like the makers of Succubus Quest, sadly.

RogueTranslator
07-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Would you guys mind posting some of the typos? If I didn't notice them when I ran through it, I probably wouldn't notice em again (That's the whole issue with self-editing).

psilocybin
07-04-2011, 09:42 AM
After applying patch game crashes for me after a fight is won.happens no matter what save I load.HELP ME PLEASE!!
Forgot to run with appLocale,all is good

KajiKingStarzky
07-04-2011, 10:24 AM
So is there a final H-scene with alice on the next patch, or maybe am I jumping to far ahead?

Seyser Koze
07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
There's another H-scene. Nothing particularly final about it, but since this is part 1 of 3 and ends with a "to be continued," that's to be expected.

KajiKingStarzky
07-04-2011, 12:19 PM
There's another H-scene. Nothing particularly final about it, but since this is part 1 of 3 and ends with a "to be continued," that's to be expected.
Oh okay that makes sense, the other parts haven't been completed yet in their native land I assume.

xtrako1
07-04-2011, 12:20 PM
It seems like every time Kraken uses Aqua Pentagon, the game freezes up. I tried to fight Kraken again after finishing up the haunted mansion, but the game freezes up at the same spot. Anyone else has this problem?

kunyuk12345
07-04-2011, 12:33 PM
It seems like every time Kraken uses Aqua Pentagon, the game freezes up. I tried to fight Kraken again after finishing up the haunted mansion, but the game freezes up at the same spot. Anyone else has this problem?
its probably some problem with the codec. try installing windows media player classic first

Meeegee
07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Eh, I didn't mess around with the coding at all, but if you use Japanese characters, it allows you to save at any location.
HOWEVER : When you load the game from a save file like that, it ports you back to the nearest "Safe Save Location"

I'll keep looking into it :D Just thought I'd post what I'd figured out.

Siegfried but not Roy
07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Found a crash when you lose to Page 17 with her Pacifier Paralysis attack. I am using AppLocale by the way.

099.txt line:45679

|if %2530>%count_most mov %count_most, %2530:mov $count_mostname,$name|count4,3>if mov

EDIT: I saw you have an earlier post that says you fixed the page 17 crash, but I still have it even after redownloading the latest patch.

Iwo
07-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Typo: Mimic "Slow Swallo" w/o "w" at end.

Soikrul
07-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Eh, I didn't mess around with the coding at all, but if you use Japanese characters, it allows you to save at any location.
HOWEVER : When you load the game from a save file like that, it ports you back to the nearest "Safe Save Location"

I'll keep looking into it :D Just thought I'd post what I'd figured out.

You can actually save anywhere you want without needing Jap characters - when the save name dialogue box opens just hit escape and it will fill in the correct information. Same limitation though, it'll just load at the last "Safe Save Location".

AlextheLazy
07-04-2011, 05:42 PM
I couldn't duplicate that crash... May have just been a random bug?

In other news, I updated the original post with the 75% patch information. Make sure you're careful with loading your saves if you progressed past the 50% point of the last patch.
I got that crash before too but it only happens when I fight her from the book after she striped

BloodNite
07-04-2011, 09:40 PM
when the twin fairies are grabbed onto you and you attack the game crashes

when i called Sylph a second time during the Dryad fight it was all in jap

question: after defeating the dryad and heading back to town Soldier A says"...but they say goblins are actually kinda cute." kinda confused about that shouldnt he be talking about pixies? or was the word really goblin???

when unfortante lamia appears at the end of the patch there is no text...when she leaves the jap text appears

Loli Love
07-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the awesome translation!
I do have a bit of a problem which just happened to me now...
I was playing the game to the point where i just was defeated for the filthiest time and was about to be "humiliated" when the power went black. After some time and fixing the power supply I booted back up and noticed all my saves disappeared! I still see them when I open the monster girl quest folder but i can't access them. Anybody has any idea what to do?

Edit: Nevermind, I copied all the save data to every folder and somehow it worked >.<

Arkanoid23
07-05-2011, 04:34 PM
The game ends with only two of the elemental spirits found. It's highly obvious there's going to be more parts, 2 if I'm not wrong.

Technically I believe it's been stated that the 2nd part of the game will come out at the end of this year but there's always a chance doujin groups will die out like the makers of Succubus Quest, sadly.

Actually i think this is not a group but a single person :P . And my guess is that he "orders" the artworks from people that draw monstergirls hence the differences in art level. Add to that the fact that the game turned out to be a success (he was surprized about the sales on his twitter)... So yeah part 2 and 3 are almost sure to follow.

sgb
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
This was already a great game, and this patch improved it tenfold. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Lekori
07-05-2011, 09:59 PM
okay nvm just found out its to make sure no error come out when the patch appear when laoding a japanese ver part.

Sorry for rushing ya

skarlath
07-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Impressive undertaking, thanks a lot for translating this game. Hopefully the full translation will be out soon, and also will you be doing the 2nd and 3rd games as well?

111qqq
07-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Just posting to say thank you Roguetranslator, your work is very much appreciated! I was been using a crude machine translation but I had no idea this game was actually funny.

Are you a professional or just bilingual?

jikorde
07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Alice 1st Rape
"Tears and saliva fall fall off my face as my body shakes."
Fall repeated twice.

Alice 1st Meeting
"Ahh, I understand your sitatuon now."
Spelling error- situation
"I trained every day in prepartion for my baptism... and today is finally the day!"
Spelling error- preparation

After meeting Alice
"Ah geez... what was that."
Punctuation- Shouldn't this be a question mark?

Luka's House
"If you came to make fun of me more..."
Sounds awkward, putting more before fun sounds better.(My opinion)
"When I had come back from Ilias temple, I was going to set out immediately."
Returned sounds better(My Opinion)

Some misspellings and sentences that sound odd to me near the beginning. If you want I can go through the rest of the game looking for errors.

Talixxo
07-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm at a point in the game where I am at a ghost house. The game crashes whenever I win a battle. I can go to a different place on the map via dying and going back a decision, and it will crash when I fight and win against anyone else.
Should I post the error and my save file?
Alternatively, someone could just give me a save file from this point..

aka64
07-06-2011, 02:31 PM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/totalingbull.jpg/
I have my system set to use japanese, and I tried applocale, but I get this error. I get it before and after I install the patch. How do I fix this?

RogueTranslator
07-06-2011, 03:21 PM
aka64: You're missing an image and it's crashing when trying to load it. Try redownloading the patch at the mediafire link and making sure all of the images were copied into the \system\ folder.
Talixxo, that's odd, if you post your save I can try to see what's happening.
Bloodnite: Thanks, it is supposed to be pixie, and I never tried summoning sylph two times so I never even noticed that, haha.
111qqq: Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm not a professional by any stretch, and what I know was self taught, then I did a study abroad in Tokyo for a while, then more self study.
Skarlath: I don't know for sure yet, I want to see how long it is and the general quality of the CGs.
Iwo: Thanks, I fixed that.
Siegfried: I fixed it but didn't re-upload the patch with it. Mediafire has a limit on how many times you can update and replace the download link before needing to buy a premium account.
Meeegee: You can save like that, but it still relies on the safe save locations existing because it usually defaults to the last double-byte text. =\
jikorde: Thanks, I fixed them. Someone actually sent me an e-mail with a little less than 100 types and errors that I'm going to fix, so you might want to hold off on doing that for now. I appreciate the offer, though!

Talixxo
07-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Inside of this rar is my entire save folder, including a screenshot of the crash.
http://www.mediafire.com/?go5egbzt2tnji8j
I just tried to post this and it didn't show up, so I'm trying again. My apologies if it posts twice.

aka64
07-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I've redownloaded the game and the patch multiple times, and each time I still get the same error. Also all the images (including the one mentioned in the error) from the patch made it into my system folder.

RogueTranslator
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
aka64: That's weird... What happens if you try to load the title_start.jpg image right from the folder (Like in an image editing program)? It might be a permissions error denying you from loading it?
Talixxo, I could get past any fight using that save, so it isn't a corrupted save. Judging from the screenshot it isn't properly being run in Japanese locale (If you ever see garbled text with numbers and strange letters, it means it's not able to interpret the text properly). That's probably why it's crashing. Maybe your system got reset back to english after a restart?

aka64
07-06-2011, 04:35 PM
The image file loads fine in an image editing program.

RogueTranslator
07-06-2011, 05:06 PM
The thing is, in your screenshot it shows the Japanese image for monster girl quest (in pink), when the 75% patch replaced that image with the English one. There's something about your monmusu\system folder that isn't getting the right images.

Try completely deleting that \system folder, and replacing it with this (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e7939zy0jm3omny ). I put my system folder into this rar, so that should hopefully get it to work.

Asdf64
07-06-2011, 09:41 PM
First off I'd like to say, thanks a lot for the patch. But I get this error at the first fight with the slime where Illias tries to tell me how to fight.
http://i52.tinypic.com/29c585c.png
What's wrong with my game? Sorry if this problem was in a previous post, there's a lot of pages to go through so I couldn't check.

RogueTranslator
07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi, great work so far, this is just to let you know of a small bug, just after you cross the sea, vs the cucumber and shellfish you battle against an enemy named the lamia, I have managed to crash my client 3 times in a row by choosing request, and then selecting coiled tit fuck. Attached is an image of the error.
http://tinypic.com/r/2a4o10l/7

http://tinypic.com/r/2a4o10l/7
Edit: Also I should mention I am using a 75% patch that I installed over a 50% patch.

Someone had mentioned that crash before but I couldn't find it. I took another look and I managed to track it down. It will be fixed in the full patch, thanks!

Asdf64: You need to run the game in either japanese locale or use a program like applocale to launch the game. Look in the original post under "Common game crashes" at the bottom.