PDA

View Full Version : [illusion] Artificial Academy - FAQ & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Kukukuku
06-13-2011, 12:08 PM
So would you suggest that I leave my character in a changing room for an hour and then come back?

dctrjons
06-13-2011, 12:12 PM
So I have a quick hypothetical. If I were to leave my character in some isolated area and let all the other characters interact, would they strike up relationships?

I suppose I'm asking how other characters go about establishing relationships.

Apparently yes. I mean, sorta. If you fit their attraction, they will likely come to you. If you set up so that everyone in the school ONLY likes your personality type then god help you.
I have an 'easy' classroom setup, and in this one everyone likes my personality type, i get interrupted aaaalll the time. However, I set it so they all like my personality type in addition to others, so I may not be the first person they go to. And if they hit it off with a few other people before choosing me, it is more likely those relationships will reduce the odds they will come see me (since they will be busy stopping to see each other more and more often).

But I still get surprised by the occasional student who I've never spoken to coming up to me after quite a few days have gone by, guess their friends finally let them go. AND it appears that every time there is an interaction, the previous intent of the 'other' student is forgotten and they have to make up their mind who they want to see...where they want to go, over again.

They appear to have the same options as you when it comes to conversation. (I have one girl who has a crush on 'me' who keeps coming up and saying "Oh nothing, teehee", most everyone else asks a question). And that %score you see I think is more tied to the action than the relationship, yet not separate either. IE the more you talk about Studying the stronger talking about studying becomes at influencing future conversations (to a degree). And also what they say to you when you start talking with them is a clue to what they are interesting in talking about.

So far the game is a successful experiment, but more so that than a game. They skimped out on H-interactions and went with a simplified cut-scene-esk format, which is really well done but removes you as a player and more a watcher. And the conversation interactions are nice, and it's great to see the AI use them, but the contexts of the school is lost. With the uniform dress code for all activities...the different clubs are in name only, and the classes are just ..."oh yeah BTW you are in a school". Much more could have been done with that.

Oh and if you didn't notice apparently studying and 'clubing' improves those stats. Which I don't understand the use of academics...unless there is a hidden attraction for the top students to befriend each other.

So would you maybe suggest that I leave my character in a changing room for like an hour in-game and then come back to play?

Can't do that, for then you can't answer positivity to their 'questions'. Now I don't know if you don't respond it counts as neutral or negative but it won't help. Now you can leave it running in the background and when you hear them talking go back to the game. Also...I would assume you are in a same sex changing room...

Pariah23
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Anyone able to help out with a few phrases? They are the categories for the "top 3" screen (leftmost button in the classroom screen).

1. 好感告白 (successful confessions?)
2. 告白塾沈 (something else about confessions)
3. 酒池肉林
4. 性交豊富 (sex activity)
5. 初物狩人 (virgins deflowered?)
6. 変態紳士 (perversion?)
7. 喧嘩勝利 (fights won)

It took me forever just to recognize the kanji in most of them, and there's probably a mistake or two in there. It's very hard to read tiny fake-chalk writing. :(

Omnipotent
06-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Can't do that, for then you can't answer positivity to their 'questions'. Now I don't know if you don't respond it counts as neutral or negative but it won't help. Now you can leave it running in the background and when you hear them talking go back to the game. Also...I would assume you are in a same sex changing room...
somebody said earlier that if you ask somebody who is lower than you in academics to study it will raise disposition with them faster. No idea if that is true or just conjecture based on how people acted in their game.

Megages
06-13-2011, 12:20 PM
So would you maybe suggest that I leave my character in a changing room for like an hour in-game and then come back to play?

To expand on what dctrjons has written, characters will interact with you randomly (as well as each other), if you are asked a question, you can choose not to answer and after 30-40 seconds the speaker will be disappointed (at your zombie like state I assume). This does not seem to affect anything as far as I can tell but is worth knowing. I have the game running right now in the background to see what else happens w/o player interaction.

Edit--
Unrelated, but perhaps useful. There is no male + male sex scenes. The screen flickers to black then returns immediately. Seducing another male as a male is also extremely difficult although the males may pair up themselves of their own accord. Your characters may also choose to cheat on their partners at times, with no (visible) consequences as I discovered to my shock as Mr.Popular was making sweet candy love to a girl on the floor while his girlfriend casually walked on by and yes, they are still together.

shunpun
06-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Has anyone had the problem with Girl's model not showing during sex scenes, it happens to me all the time and is very annoying. Makes my character look like a retard humping air.

Megages
06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Has anyone had the problem with Girl's model not showing during sex scenes, it happens to me all the time and is very annoying. Makes my character look like a retard humping air.

Press 3 to toggle female/partner on/off.
1 for male/you
2 for penis
3 for partner
4 for partners penis

dctrjons
06-13-2011, 01:56 PM

A) the thread is already past 500 because questions like this, and on this topic probably 30 posts alone.
B) I would advise you learn how to mod your game some, at least the help screen so that you know what you are doing when you randomly hit keys on your keyboard.

downloader9xxx
06-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Excuse me! I'm a greedy member. I know that you guys are very very very kind and nice when brought us this newest Illusion's product, but... could you guys please upload those links that use to download game to MEDIAFIRE? Please Please Please... Thank you guys so much. I'll always appreciate that. Have a good one. :)

Kukukuku
06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Is it alright to say yes to everyone?

The partial translation makes it seem like saying no would be better sometimes.

kuldan
06-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Its everything working fine?
I got the game and the HF Patch V.02, but I'm waiting before it all works fine, like uncensor, translation and launchers.

LocoD
06-13-2011, 03:22 PM
My game isn't saving properly. It says that I saved at X time but when I exit and relaunch the game the save is nowhere to be found. It isn't in the save folder either.

Anyone else having this problem? Fixes?

MindlessJ
06-13-2011, 03:23 PM
酒池肉林 = old chinese term that means "harem", usually reserved for a king
alcohol pool meat forest translated literally, which means a pool filled with sake and women and luxury food

angellisa
06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
forget it i give up and none of the torrents work for me and i cant get the patch to work so i cant get anything to work so im givin up try again next month maybe

enter75
06-13-2011, 03:51 PM
I found the cause of this MsgBox popping up:
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=199159&d=1307917249
(...)

You can patch the game: 0x3617D (0x436D7D) 75 => EB

You can insert centerXX.xx from some other Illusion game into base.pp

I repacked base.pp by myself (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443-Mod-Release-Thread-%28Illusion%29-Artificial-Academy?p=2991619#post2991619) so you just have to download, unpack it and put it in your data directory.

Pariah23
06-13-2011, 03:54 PM
酒池肉林 = old chinese term that means "harem", usually reserved for a king
alcohol pool meat forest translated literally, which means a pool filled with sake and women and luxury food

Hah, yeah, I did find the literal translation of that to be rather amusing. So I guess it's safe to assume that particular 'top 3' are ones who have had most different partners?

Thanks!

SlayerUnas
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
OK, here is my update :P

For anyone who had read earlier, I've been having problems with the game loading in my custom characters. I've tried many attempts to get them in there. Such as, installing to a default custom directory, since the HF patches don't work on default install directories... I've installed both Character Maker and the Main Game to separate folders, and both the programs work fine and they both see characters, however not any custom characters.

So, now I am COMPLETELY uninstalling the program, will go through my regedit and delete all Illusion entries (it's the only Illusion game i have installed :P) Of which it looks like i have just completed...

Now, I shall install to the default directory appointed by illusion and see if it finds my custom characters.... very aggravating :\

fink
06-13-2011, 04:17 PM
So, I figured out why I can't enter the Name of the school, etc…
No text is displayed at all. For instance, when a girl comes and asks my charecter something, Where the Japanese text (or gibberish) would be… there is nothing!
If I load the Included save-the slot looks blank!

Basically, the In-game text does not display… this does not include the buttons, etc because they are images…

Yes, I have the "install support for asian languages" Box checked… And virtually every other japanese game I have displays the text correctly… I'm on Windows XP (In Parallels, but that shouldn't matter)…

So… how do I fix this?

Hentaiheart
06-13-2011, 04:21 PM
sorry if someone have already ask this but is confirmed that there is no Threesomes in this game? that is the only bad point to me. it would be instresting to work in 2 girls at the same time or even 3. i have seen one image in the main site that made me think 3some are posible but... i think im wrong (attached image)

Omnipotent
06-13-2011, 04:23 PM
forget it i give up and none of the torrents work for me and i cant get the patch to work so i cant get anything to work so im givin up try again next month maybe

Did you even ask for help? I am not seeing any questions.

kazumareika
06-13-2011, 04:45 PM
sorry if someone have already ask this but is confirmed that there is no Threesomes in this game? that is the only bad point to me. it would be instresting to work in 2 girls at the same time or even 3. i have seen one image in the main site that made me think 3some are posible but... i think im wrong (attached image)

Yeah, i think so too, if it had any three some mode, i would be show up to Illusion web. In this image, you just use your space button to free your camera
Maybe we can have 3P mode or even a teacher in Plus, i hear a rumor about it

Hentaiheart
06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, i think so too, if it had any three some mode, i would be show up to Illusion web. In this image, you just use your space button to free your camera
Maybe we can have 3P mode or even a teacher in Plus, i hear a rumor about it

that would be awesome. :hope:sounds really really hot?:love:

SlayerUnas
06-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Ok, the update!

I've installed the game again, this time with the original japanese folder locations, and it worked. Then, I uninstalled, and installed to C:\illusion\AA Character Maker and C:\illusion\AA Game. I noticed that the programs installed to two different directories anyway. I created a character, and she popped up in the game. So now I am going to install the patches, and see if it works. Here we go!

Edit:

Well, as annoying as all that was, I finally got it working. I have no idea what was wrong from the start. After about 15 installations of the game I got it working :) :cries:

Alysia Night
06-13-2011, 05:00 PM
To Hentaiheart and kazumareika :

Like akyryz said , when you start to initiate ( talk, sex etc whatever ) with a character and a 2th character cut out and pop in the screen , press the space bar to hide and use your mouse to move. I seriously doubt for the 3p...

LocoD
06-13-2011, 05:10 PM
I tried un-checking the "read-only" boxes of every illusion folder and AA. Can anyone help me out with this saving issue? It's driving me nuts that I can't fix this my self.

SoftwareGuy
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Well, it's always pleasing to get back from a long weekend and find a HF Patch for a new game. Looks like I'll be keeping warm tonight... :P

akyryz
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Some talk about 3P in the game by the girls. But no 3P scene:
「3Pといきたいとこだが…… 無理なようだね」
「3P…… い、いえ、何でもないわ……」

Hello, I want to ask why my font can't display japanese properly like other's screenshot?

How can I fix this? I am already used japanese regional setting, is there any font I need to Install?

Thx u...

From Wiki:
Q: The Japanese letters doesn't look right (even when non-Unicode is set to Japanese/running with AppLocale)! (see picture "Set Format to Japanese", on the right). How to fix this?
A: Set Format to Japanese in Control Panel->Regional Settings.

06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey, i installed Character Maker first (rename Char E) but can't play game when open AAplayE.exe error " Game is running" . help y, please?

Pariah23
06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
The interface translation has been updated -- http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443-Mod-Release-Thread-%28Illusion%29-Artificial-Academy?p=2989295#post2989295

Currently v0.7. All that remains is the map, the rest of the 'top 3' screen and the thought bubbles you see when you click on the statue in the park (though frankly I'm not terribly optimistic about getting all of those... there's only about half of them that I even recognize the kanji due to the super small text).

Edit: Thanks to Ryozu, it appears I don't need to bother with the thought bubbles. Hoo-freakin'-ray for that. Updated to v0.8 to remove a couple files that conflict with Ryozu's.

burkmannen
06-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi, first timer in aa, i downloaded the "story machine translations" (both files) but how do i include them into the game?

fink
06-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Anybody? How come There is no text in my Artificial Academy?

Milfeulle
06-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Unless some one else has started to proceed with it, I'd like to take a stab at the story translation into English or I'd like to work with others that may be already working on that. Please PM me if you happen to be undertaking this. Thanks!

Omnipotent
06-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Unless some one else has started to proceed with it, I'd like to take a stab at the story translation into English or I'd like to work with others that may be already working on that. Please PM me if you happen to be undertaking this. Thanks!

You should hit up the mod discussion thread. There are several people trying to tackle the story.

burkmannen
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
bombardment of questions, so i might aswell add one more xD is there any translations for to help file/pictures (the 300mb or so one thats included with the torrents or is there one in game?)

BlooDAleX
06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
How can I fix this?Thx u...

you're close Character Maker ? or try restart PC and run first AAplayE.exe

06-13-2011, 07:26 PM
bombardment of questions, so i might aswell add one more xD is there any translations for to help file/pictures (the 300mb or so one thats included with the torrents or is there one in game?)

Yeah, I think file/pictures (300mb) in torrent as wallpapers to can't install ?

BlooDAleX
06-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I think file/pictures (300mb) in torrent as wallpapers to can't install ?
this bonus pictures you can not download them ^^ if you do not need

Mattkid456
06-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Ok I know this has been asked about 70 times but I might as well ask again.

I got that Character Maker installed first error but I do have it installed in a separate folder called AAMaker. I can run the maker perfectly fine but the game is not recognizing I have it installed. I tried merging them and yet they still don't work. What do I do?

BlooDAleX
06-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok, but can't play game error " Character Maker installed first ":sick2:
as for me I first install the game, then installed a patch Patch jg_03_adyustment ,Character Maker and it worked ...
my location: Game - D: \ Artificial Academy \ AAPlayEnglish.exe
Character Maker - D: \ Artificial Academy \ chareditor \ loader.exe
download Character Maker from here (http://www.mediafire.com/?3gnv8g4rp6lqm2b)

Ok I know this has been asked about 70 times but I might as well ask again.

I got that Character Maker installed first error but I do have it installed in a separate folder called AAMaker. I can run the maker perfectly fine but the game is not recognizing I have it installed. I tried merging them and yet they still don't work. What do I do?

you have demo Character Maker or full ? here (http://www.mediafire.com/?3gnv8g4rp6lqm2b) full and create not japanse folder for game and maker

sorry if not help now I go sleep :sleeps:

Hentaiheart
06-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Some talk about 3P in the game by the girls. But no 3P scene:
「3Pといきたいとこだが…… 無理なようだね」
「3P…… い、いえ、何でもないわ……」

using google translator i got this:

"3P Ikita and cousin ... but it seems impossible. "
"3P ... ... If, however, this is not anything ..."

sounds like they are asking for the same thing as us... no 3P ;(

ogsamrock
06-13-2011, 08:32 PM
How To install Artificial Academy (tested,it worked)

1.Mount both your ISOs
2.Set installation directory to C:\Program Files\Illusion\Artificial Academy
3.Install the Character Maker (mine was "きゃらめいく完全版_jg_02_cmake")
4.Set installation directory to C:\Program Files\Illusion\Artificial Academy Character Maker
5.Extract the Illusion Official patch ("jg_03_adjustment") and copypaste into C:\Program Files\Illusion\Artificial Academy.Overwrite all.
6.Install the Hongfire Official Patch v.02 ("Artificial Academy HF Patch")
7.Start playing!

To all who have gibberish text,etc

1.Go to Control Panel -> Clock,Language,Region/Region Language -> Administrative -> Change System Locale... -> Japan

If still didn't work try installing the Japanese language in Windows Updates

*f you already have any error,try uninstall everything,use CCleaner to cleanup,and re-install again.
*For those have reg issues,try use the Regfixer.

ryezakun
06-13-2011, 08:42 PM

1.Mount both your ISOs
4.Set installation directory to C:\Program Files\Illusion\Artificial Academy Character Maker
5.Extract the Illusion Official patch ("jg_03_adjustment") and copypaste into C:\Program Files\Illusion\Artificial Academy.Overwrite all.
7.Start playing!

1.Go to Control Panel -> Clock,Language,Region/Region Language -> Administrative -> Change System Locale... -> Japan

*f you already have any error,try uninstall everything,use CCleaner to cleanup,and re-install again.

errr I think you shouldn't direct all users to install in program files, cause I heard a lot of troubles on installing games on ProgramFiles on Win7, something about unable to change or what.
I suggest installing in the root (C:\illusion\game folder or D:\illusion\game folder). It worked fine by far for me with all the illusion games installed.

「3P…… い、いえ、何でもないわ……」
From my very limited abilities it sounds like "3P... N-no, it's nothing...."

The Anabaptist
06-13-2011, 08:48 PM
The problem with installing the game in Program Files or Program Files (x86) in Windows 7 or Windows Vista is that the game no longer has permissions to save in either of those folders. What you want to do is to either right-click and "Run as Administrator," giving the required permissions, or right-click, go to properties, then the compatibility tab, and then check the "Run this program as an Administrator" box to achieve the same effect but without being forced to right-click every time. Do this also for the AAEdit, as otherwise you won't be able to save characters.

burkmannen
06-13-2011, 08:49 PM
about creating a character, under 'Thought' there is a choice 'preferences', is that;

preferences as in "one self" (ie personality/attitude. Example 'Devotion', he is devote/ show devotion towards other)
or
preferences as in "others" (ie how he likes others. Example 'Devotion, he likes people who are devote to him / other show him devotion).

sorry for the wierd question, maybe the choice made more sense in japanese.
//Thx

(or if someone could be nice enough to explain the whole 'Preferences' part and its effect in game. :please2: )

LDCerberus
06-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Ok, so I figured out the time system. You start with 200 units of time per period. Any time your character begins running of his/her own choice (either by choosing an interaction target, pressing the run/talk button, or telling the player character to go to a specific location) it consumes 1 point. This means that getting interrupted on your way to a destination effectively wastes the one point you spent to start moving there.

Actually conversing costs nothing other than the 1 point you spend initiating movement regardless of the topic.

Using the blue button to initiate sex uses costs 40 points
Using the red one costs 50
Kissing costs 10
Hugging costs 5
Fondling costs 10
Taking her/him back to your room costs 100
Studying/Lunch/Clubs costs 20
Telling someone to leave the area costs 10
Fighting someone costs 50

FAILED attempts at sex/fondling/kissing/etc do not consume points.
As far as I've seen, only actions you initiate can consume points. I don't know if I missed any, I might have.

Edit: Just figured out that successful conversation choices cost an additional point, unsuccessful ones still cost nothing.

Omnipotent
06-13-2011, 09:03 PM
about creating a character, under 'Thought' there is a choice 'preferences', is that;

preferences as in "one self" (ie personality/attitude. Example 'Devotion', he is devote/ show devotion towards other)
or
preferences as in "others" (ie how he likes others. Example 'Devotion, he likes people who are devote to him / other show him devotion).

sorry for the wierd question, maybe the choice made more sense in japanese.
//Thx

(or if someone could be nice enough to explain the whole 'Preferences' part and its effect in game. :please2: )
Devotion is how devoted they are to their partner. For example I had a girl in the pink relationship status who refused to sleep with me. I got on her boyfriend and dumped her. Hopped back on my MC and she put out immediately.

As far as I've seen, only actions you initiate can consume points. I don't know if I missed any, I might have.

The only problem with that is I have left the game running with my character alone in the bathroom and come back to have him back in his room at night.

SoftwareGuy
06-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Just going to post the instruction manual here, as it's got some good information about the game. I found the original huge-ass files on Share which where PNG format and ~40MB a pop, so I got my SheevaPlug (a small but powerful server) to convert 'em to JPG without any visible detail loss. The filesize fell from 337MB to just 3.8MB.

There's 16 pages to the manual, and here's what it looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/27huq.jpg

Download is available here (http://www.fileserve.com/file/mte4wwz). I hope this helps the people who want Illusion's main explaination of the game.

LDCerberus
06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
The only problem with that is I have left the game running with my character alone in the bathroom and come back to have him back in his room at night.

Hmmm, I will try to pin down what else is killing time.

Edit: Are you absolutely sure you didn't take any actions? I've left it sitting still for ~5 minutes with several characters asking me things, which I ignored. Still sitting at 200 points. I suppose it's possible there's some sort of time based count down that auto advances after X minutes.

kanon88
06-13-2011, 09:15 PM
what is those colored pointers in the manual?

burkmannen
06-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks big time Omni, at least i understood devotion and service

would be much appreciated -> "or if someone could be nice enough to explain the whole 'Preferences' part and its effect in game."

with the explanation you gave i guess its something like the characters personality/attitude but i cant really see what 'pleasure' and 'Enjoyment' becomes :S

Omnipotent
06-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks big time Omni, at least i understood devotion and service

would be much appreciated -> "or if someone could be nice enough to explain the whole 'Preferences' part and its effect in game."

with the explanation you gave i guess its something like the characters personality/attitude but i cant really see what 'pleasure' and 'Enjoyment' becomes :S
Dont hang me if I am wrong. i went back and double checked the girls personality and she also had a really high virtue. With all the randomness of trait combinations unless somebody does some hardcore testing everything is conjecture based on gameplay, and results my vary.

zeltrax225
06-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Simple question: how to go full screen?

ingrams
06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
gosh , you set full screen in the launche's option

jca01
06-13-2011, 10:02 PM
No text is displayed at all. For instance, when a girl comes and asks my charecter something, Where the Japanese text (or gibberish) would be… there is nothing!

Basically, the In-game text does not display… this does not include the buttons, etc because they are images…

Yes, I have the "install support for asian languages" Box checked… And virtually every other japanese game I have displays the text correctly… I'm on Windows XP (In Parallels, but that shouldn't matter)…

So… how do I fix this?

It seems everyone have the JP text problem but I feel yours are kinda unique... (show nothing??)

Oh well, I met that problem on my Win7 too, here's how I fix it...

Install the game in C:\illusion\AA , Maker at C:\illusion\AAMaker

Set the PC unicode into -not-Japanese , I go Simp Chinese.

Run the game (or the Maker) with HF-appLoc

That works for me, but my problem was all JP text show as "!~*%^#-"

victer642
06-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Hmmm, I will try to pin down what else is killing time.

Edit: Are you absolutely sure you didn't take any actions? I've left it sitting still for ~5 minutes with several characters asking me things, which I ignored. Still sitting at 200 points. I suppose it's possible there's some sort of time based count down that auto advances after X minutes.

Time does indeed move without you doing anything. Takes awhile though.

He who wanders
06-13-2011, 10:26 PM
An interesting game, I might say. Character interaction is very solid - especially for an "artificial" game. Quite responsive to the traits chosen - feels very "natural".

Character customization is slightly disappointing - aside body type\height settings, AG3 had much better character generator. I don't even want to mention the clothes. How lazy can they get? One boring set of clothes for everyone, in several colour patterns? I mean, sure - the setting kind of allows them this sort of slack (it's a school, and everyone wears a uniform), but they could have at least add some diversity to what is worn under this uniform, know what I mean? *Sigh*

ORERREUG
06-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Here's horrible automatic translation (google translate) and script used for making the translation.
Translation is completely unsupported and is meant to be useful for other translators only(you'll be able to see a filename and line number for each reply + original text). Comes "without warranty of any kind".

i don't know how is it installed

copy&paste on data dir?

Anyone able to help out with a few phrases? They are the categories for the "top 3" screen (leftmost button in the classroom screen).

1. 好感告白 (successful confessions?)
2. 告白塾沈 (something else about confessions)
3. 酒池肉林
4. 性交豊富 (sex activity)
5. 初物狩人 (virgins deflowered?)
6. 変態紳士 (perversion?)
7. 喧嘩勝利 (fights won)

It took me forever just to recognize the kanji in most of them, and there's probably a mistake or two in there. It's very hard to read tiny fake-chalk writing. :(
1. 好感告白 confessions received
2. 告白塾沈 confessions attempts

3. 酒池肉林 seems like any sort of orgy. i u search those kanjis like images. maybe public sex without interrupts?

6. 変態紳士 (perversion?) it counts how many times any char go in a forbidden room, "like a girl going to boysroom"

Charosan
06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Someone may want to try running the scripts through OCN (http://www.ocn.ne.jp/translation/) or Excite (http://www.excite.co.jp/world/) translators. Sometimes they give better results, and honestly may be useful for other translators (at least more useful. But personally I think a poor machine translation would be more confusing than helpful to a translator who knows some Japanese already.)

Asir
06-13-2011, 11:25 PM
After installing the HF patch I get this error when trying to start the game from the english launcher "Config file is not found (Data)". I was able to install and play the game without any problems before.

burkmannen
06-13-2011, 11:30 PM
When starting a New game whats the first 3 inputs for? first i guess school name but 2nd and 3rd are numbers 1-9?

jca01
06-13-2011, 11:34 PM
When starting a New game whats the first 3 inputs for? first i guess school name but 2nd and 3rd are numbers 1-9?

[name] , [year] , [class]

06-13-2011, 11:36 PM

1.Mount both your ISOs
7.Start playing!

How you installed Character Maker (loader.exe) and AAplayE in folder only or two folder other, please ?

TheShadow
06-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Dear all users,

We are looking to create a Translation Thread with a leader to keep updating his first post and coordinate with other translators
So If anyone feel like to join the crew, please PM me

The List of People who are interested in the Translation (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350441-Mod-Discussion-Thread-%28Illusion%29-Artificial-Academy?p=2992412#post2992412)

How you installed Character Maker (loader.exe) and AAplayE in folder only or two folder other, please ?

Copy the Character maker and the loader into the character make folder
Copy the AAPlay_English into the gameplay folder

awdrey
06-14-2011, 12:20 AM
I've installed the game and patched it with HF-patch v0.2 but got the message application error,
need help please T_T
my OS is Win7 ultimate, already installed Applocale, but still didn't work...

but the character maker works just fine...

burkmannen
06-14-2011, 12:56 AM
the machine translation on the dl list works just replace the jp05 file,

a few questions, when talking with someone whats the 'number'% that appears? and how to you see and advance relationship status with someone?

Nelia Hawk
06-14-2011, 01:14 AM
the machine translation seem to miss a few talk lines of the "ditzy" personality. (i think... hmm or it might be the "innocent" one)

also:
anyone know what the lower numbers at the load screen up right mean?
i think the first is "number of girls"
2nd "number of boys"
and the left of the lower ones is probably "number of ingame days passed"?
no clue what the other two might be though... i guess the whole lower row is some time counter atleast.

LocoD
06-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the info, moved it to my D drive and the saving works.

kurikinton69
06-14-2011, 02:07 AM
the machine translation seem to miss a few talk lines of the "ditzy" personality. (i think... hmm or it might be the "innocent" one)

also:
2nd "number of boys"
no clue what the other two might be though... i guess the whole lower row is some time counter atleast.

Yes, yes and no. Last line is "time spent at school", showing 5 hours 24 minutes 25 seconds.

jca01
06-14-2011, 02:08 AM

So… how do I fix this?

I had messed my own laptop around and changed a number of setting, and found one setting that "might" be the reason for some text not showing correctly.

Region and Language -> format (I usually set it at English or Chinese)
After I switch it to Japanese, also in Japanese Unicode, then it works perfectly.

JJLoke
06-14-2011, 02:15 AM

also:
2nd "number of boys"

女子学生数 - Number of female students
男子学生数 - Number of male students
3rd one is the number of hours played

M|ckeY
06-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Install Completely but, i think it's difficult to play -*- Shit, man

awdrey
06-14-2011, 03:49 AM

1.Mount both your ISOs
7.Start playing!

Already tried this way but got this for both launcher

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AAPlay.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4ded7043
Fault Module Name: AAPlay.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ded7043
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0011f461
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AAPlay English.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4ded7043
Fault Module Name: AAPlay English.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ded7043
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0011f461
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

is there anyone who got the same problem?

Inquisitor
06-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Well, I got my copy of the game today. Shipped to northern Europe without any problems. As usual I bought it at paletweb.com (http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=0003754) and they have never let me down. The first game I bought at paletweb was SB3, when it was released many years ago, so they have plenty experience with shipping to Europe. As usual they wrote a value of $10 allowing it to slip through customs.

To those interested, the box flaps are blank, so there is no indication of what their next game will be. If you don't know, Illusion often printed pictures that were a clue to the next release on the box flaps. I think it's the first game I bought where they were actually blank - normally they had some pictures or symbols from the game. SM2 had a lollipop if I recall right. Oh well, here's hoping for an expansion to this excellent game!

SoftwareGuy
06-14-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm borderline on this one, I was expecting more from Illusion than just a 2D background map while the rest of the characters are in 3D. The engine seems to be quite solid, and doesn't lag on my PC. CPU Usage bobbed up and down from 5% to 30%, which is a record for a Illusion game in my books - most other Illusion games would peg my CPU at 40% to 50% percent.

The character setup is also awkward, how you control a character and then you say which target you want to follow/talk/etc. I was expecting a more 3rd person camera, not something that's from an anime.

All in all, I think it's a good turning point for Illusion. It seems even to cope well on older hardware, which is a plus. I haven't accessed the H Scenes yet (too busy playing as Mikoto :P) but it's a keeper.

SoftwareGuy out.

hitomaru
06-14-2011, 04:33 AM

also:
2nd "number of boys"

The last number is how long have you played that save

n120cky
06-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Based on MrHands and Gamen save file format I made a save game editor:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7ssw53fp7qqmb95 v0.5.1b (update)
Update:
- Because of new save mechanism there might be some save file (especially file with killed student) that failed to load after edited, hope this update will handle it correctly.
Change log:
- Added new feature: import character from AAMaker save file (Body, Face, Hair, Personality, Thought, Taste) to existing character.
(note: there is new dll that used to load AAMaker save file which is I create from UNAGI code, so credit will go to original author. Any import doesn't change relationship data.)
- Added: new personality 'Cold' (id 25), at least that what google translate said.
(note: I have tried it using AAXPlay but in game it's shown a 'Ditzy' personality, but then again it might be my installation gone wrong)
- Fixed: Sexual experience now edited correctly.

Note:
1. BACKUP your save file before editing it (even thought it's work at least for me, it based on a several assumption because of unknown data in save file format).
2. This software made using .Net so you must download Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 (For Windows 7 user this maybe already installed).
3. This is can be seen as beta release so there might be few bug around.
4. Template file for relation parameter also included that will give a pink relation(view at statue) at instant, although I haven't test it for more variant personality.
5. How to use? Open save file, right click at desk.

Older Release:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nzaw8pxs64xmrlj v0.4b (old)
Change log:
- Relation edit : Add new 'lovers' flag data (thanks to 14mhz for the data format), fix stability issues.
- Character edit : Added Personality(Club, voice, etc), Thought(Orientation, Skill, etc) and Taste(Preference, Personality).
(note: I have set sexual experience so the target become a virgin again, but it's doesn't work, that maybe the game save another flag for it, which is still unknown).

lokomo12
06-14-2011, 05:59 AM
my game crashes every time when i try to load girls. or go to the world. help me

Inquisitor
06-14-2011, 06:03 AM
@SoftwareGuy: I think the gameplay is the most important. You could consider the low-poly mode as the strategic part of the game and the conversations/H as the tactics if you know games like Total War series. The strategic part of such games have often simplified UI because that's all you really need. I think it's a great game with many hours of fun trying out hundreds of possibilities. On top of that, the full-poly models look great and the animations during H are many and extremely high quality.

Thanks to all the guys working on the translations it made sense to update the HF Patch:

Artificial Academy HF Patch version 0.3 includes:

Official: Artificial Academy Adjustment Patch by Illusion
Partial English Interface Translation v0.9 (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2989295#post2989295) by Pariah23 Updated!
Help Screen Translations (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350425?p=2983300#post2983300) by Charosan
AA_Play English Launcher 1.00 (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2982514#post2982514) by TheShadow
Disposition Thought Bubbles Translation (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2990299#post2990299) by Ryozu New!
Full Map Translation (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2986815#post2986815) by feuerdrache New!
Story Translation (Google) (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2990271#post2990271) by DesmondHume (not included in the Recommended components) New!
Maker: AA_Make English Launcher 1.00A (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2982514#post2982514) by TheShadow
Maker: Girl Demosaic (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/291339?p=2776138#post2776138) by goumou & Cyber Hunter

Show your appreciation of the modder's work and click on the links above and then the http://www.hongfire.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation-40b.png button!

Read more and download it here (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=349)

DokEnkephalin
06-14-2011, 06:07 AM
This game has it's merits, and it's fun, but the interface still bugs me; it's unnecessarily limiting and distancing rather than immersive. Why can't I click on anything and go there? Why can't I click on clothing or body parts during H-scenes and interact with it directly rather than a bank of numbered buttons? AG3 may have been non-obvious, but it certainly wasn't non-intuitive, and even without the cursor hints given, you could figure it out by experimenting and only needed to figure it out once.

Omnipotent
06-14-2011, 06:21 AM
This game has it's merits, and it's fun, but the interface still bugs me; it's unnecessarily limiting and distancing rather than immersive. Why can't I click on anything and go there? Why can't I click on clothing or body parts during H-scenes and interact with it directly rather than a bank of numbered buttons? AG3 may have been non-obvious, but it certainly wasn't non-intuitive, and even without the cursor hints given, you could figure it out by experimenting and only needed to figure it out once.
I love the game but a lot of it feels really incomplete. For example the statue. You can click it, and your character will run to it. So they had the code in the game, but they didn't implement it for anything else. The bitch about, look at, ask about buttons also could have been used to expand the social dynamic even more. Bitch about to two people about the other enough to start a fight or something.

Almost all the fun comes from the crap you make up in your head about your class.

Bond Travolta
06-14-2011, 07:11 AM
^Yeah, it makes me think that this time illusion is trying to make a H-game where people will spend a long time playing with- just like AG3 when it was out. Only that H-gameplay playthrough tend to get stale quickly, so maybe they were thinking of some way to make players' interest remain for longer, and decided to ditch a bit of H for more role-playing and things to do other than H. I must admit though that an environment where the characters talk about stuffs is interesting and cute. For that, I'll keep supporting the translators by modding all of the clothes textures.

P/S: To anyone who was looking forward to my clothing mod, I just released one of them in the mod release thread.

Omnipotent
06-14-2011, 07:21 AM
P/S: To anyone who was looking forward to my clothing mod, I just released one of them in the mod release thread.
Score!!
I have been waiting for your release on pins and needles.

Bond Travolta
06-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Heh, sorry it took a bit while to release them. I actually finished them earlier today, the rest of the day is spent making the preview picture as well as the mod series logo. :omfg:

At least, with the extras out of the way, that should make the upcoming mods smoother.. :hero: Now, I'm off to making one for a cutesy faction. :want: And well, a little support goes a long way. So thanks! It's nice seeing people looking forward to my mods that I pour my heart & sweat into.

Omnipotent
06-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Heh, sorry it took a bit while to release them. I actually finished them earlier today, the rest of the day is spent making the preview picture as well as the mod series logo. :omfg:

At least, with the extras out of the way, that should make the upcoming mods smoother.. :hero: Now, I'm off to making one for a cutesy faction. :want: And well, a little support goes a long way. So thanks! It's nice seeing people looking forward to my mods that I pour my heart & sweat into.
Nice. I was hoping you would be doing something like that next. I need something to put my rich stuck up girls in. Once the full series of faction clothes is released I am going to build a new class with personalities made exactly for each costume.

I hope the ai will help me out and make all the people in the same faction friends.

Bond Travolta
06-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Nice. I was hoping you would be doing something like that next. I need something to put my rich stuck up girls in. Once the full series of faction clothes is released I am going to build a new class with personalities made exactly for each costume.

I hope the ai will help me out and make all the people in the same faction friends.

Lol all this talk about factions reminds of this movie & game:

http://www.cinecon.com/frontimages/2246-the-warriors-52797_318291.jpg

I got that idea too when I was starting out. I just hope that if illusion releases an expansion next, it'll allow more than just preset number of clothes. That way we can have more factions without needing to replace the textures when all replacements are used up.

Now that I think of it, there's also the male clothes to mod. Not customizable in-game, but I should spice them up just to get the faction feel play well. But hold on- I'm doing the girls' first...

Omnipotent
06-14-2011, 07:57 AM
ummm how do I actually access the game itself? 0.o after hitting startup, all I think I have is the character maker... anyone?
Are you sure you properly installed everything? The maker is called AAEdit. The game is called AAPlay

n120cky
06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
This is an update for better handle save file format.
If the software can't open a save file, send the save file to me so I can check it out.

Based on MrHands and Gamen save file format I made a simple save game editor:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8fsttizytimd8wz v0.2a
Change log:
- Upgrade file format handle.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m6axwu553cuwzrg (Old)

Note:
1. BACKUP your save file before editing it (even thought it's work at least for me, it based on a several assumption because of unknown data in save file format).
2. This software made using .Net so you must download Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 (For Windows 7 user this maybe already installed).
3. This is can be seen as pre-alpha release so there might be bug around, and in this release the only editable data is relationship parameter.
4. Template file for relation parameter also included that will give a pink relation(view at statue) at instant, although I haven't test it for more variant personality.
5. I have tested it on several save game, but it didn't seem to work on save game included when I first installing the game.
6. How to use? Open save file, double click at desk.

Omnipotent
06-14-2011, 11:47 AM
This is an update for better handle save file format.
If the software can't open a save file, send the save file to me so I can check it out.
Too lazy to restart my computer after my .net update but if this works you are my hero.

tortortururu
06-14-2011, 12:34 PM
my game crashes every time when i try to load girls. or go to the world. help me

I have the same problem. Does somebody know the reason? What should i do?

krisslanza
06-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Trying to install the all in one patch, but I always get the same error:
Fatal error: "C:\illusion\AA\data\jcp01_00_00.pp" does not exist

I got my download from the torrent link and it installed without problems, and I even had it run and such without a problem but it's all in Japanese of course. Did I mess up something obvious, or do I have to just manually install these mods?

Inquisitor
06-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Trying to install the all in one patch, but I always get the same error:
Fatal error: "C:\illusion\AA\data\jcp01_00_00.pp" does not exist

I got my download from the torrent link and it installed without problems, and I even had it run and such without a problem but it's all in Japanese of course. Did I mess up something obvious, or do I have to just manually install these mods?
You probably moved the game after you installed it. The patch looks at this registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AAPlay]
"INSTALLDIR"="C:\\illusion\\AA\\"

Make sure that your game is installed to the location that you can see at the third screen when running the patch.

Ancients
06-14-2011, 01:24 PM
just wondering if its possible to run AA @ 2560x1440 ?

Cidrontmg
06-14-2011, 01:52 PM

Seems to be max. 2048x1536 (an ancient "normal" 4:3 format).

pukiman
06-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Not without any hacking. The max resolution following 1920x9200 is 2048x1536.

krisslanza
06-14-2011, 01:58 PM
You probably moved the game after you installed it. The patch looks at this registry key:

Make sure that your game is installed to the location that you can see at the third screen when running the patch.

Actually as it turns out, I'm just stupid. I thought the extractor in the download extracted BOTH rars. It only extracted the Maker. I got it to all work now. I feel stupid now.

HHF
06-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Now played the game few hours over 3 days and its already repetitive.
Sexinteraction is almost nonexistent,clothingmanager compared to AG3 is 100 steps back,no free roaming.

Wouldnt it be much more satisfying to experience at least a progress with the lover?
Sort off...the more she likes me the more sexpositions are added!

I really hope that Illusion is about to release a expansion like in AG3 which turned out to be a winner.

And stuff like below has to be corrected dear god:evillaugh:

Omnipotent
06-14-2011, 02:15 PM
And stuff like below has to be corrected dear god:evillaugh:
That chick has 4 boobs. How can you not like that?

Stormwing
06-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Now played the game few hours over 3 days and its already repetitive.
Sexinteraction is almost nonexistent,clothingmanager compared to AG3 is 100 steps back,no free roaming.

Wouldnt it be much more satisfying to experience at least a progress with the lover?
Sort off...the more she likes me the more sexpositions are added!

I really hope that Illusion is about to release a expansion like in AG3 which turned out to be a winner.

And stuff like below has to be corrected dear god:evillaugh: ^Serious clipping issue iss SERIOUS :XD:

OrcDra
06-14-2011, 02:30 PM

have the same problem, there is no help for this problem in the technical help thread. Any solution for this problem out yet?

burkmannen
06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
a few short questions if some one might have time to answer :please2:
or direct to some wiki link (first time playing artificial academy, so i dont know if aa3 was the same).

When you interact with someone and finish the semi iritating one liners you some times get a number of %, what is it? and how do you see/check and advance relationship status?
(if there is such a thing, which i guess since peps here on the thread have mentioned things like pink status etc. and intimate acts have pink buttons)

//thanks big time

Rorinator
06-14-2011, 03:15 PM
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Academy

burkmannen
06-14-2011, 03:26 PM
for the text errors, atleast on vista 64, (sorry if a bit obvious) but might be why some peps seems to be missing font.

Under the region and lang setting in control panel there is an button for installing langs, did you guys just set keyboard/os to jap or did you accually download the (if i remember right) 1gb-ish japanese lang. file?

Used to have similar problems on other japanese games untill i let windows properly download the entire lang. file. (just checking) and if the fonts still wack out try to reinstall the lang file (font are included in it).

Oh and for windows users it should be enough just running the game with applocal and choosing the choice at the bottom of the list.
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=199515&stc=1&d=1308090288

fink
06-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Umm… I use XP… Yes, I did install the east asian files…

verboden
06-14-2011, 03:40 PM
there is something wrong with my game, it worked perfectly at first, no problems at first but now when i try to start the maker it says that it can't find mine config file anymore and when i try to play the game that i need a character maker.

can someone please help me?

burkmannen
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
been too long since i sat on xp xD, sorry if you've already done this but in the lang options did you do this?
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~introjpn/00_windowsXP/08.jpg

Roadkill007
06-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Anyone know what the last page of personalities is? like the one character stuff

zeltrax225
06-14-2011, 04:54 PM
About HF newest patch, is it okay to patch the newest one again?
I patched the previous one already but will repatching it affect anything?

garce
06-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Can someone tell me what the [0] (zero) key does?

http://www.garcemac.com/aa01.jpg

The other keys have obvious effects, and the [9] key shows or hides the crosshair, but no matter how many times I click [0], it seems that nothing happens or changes.

hikari02
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I miss profundis and his awesome uncensors....

Kukukuku
06-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I can't seem to break up with this guy. I keep fighting him but he keeps refusing to breakup.

Comment: I get it now. He stabbed me.

railic
06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Has anyone else had the game not zoom in to an h scene? For some reason the game just stays at the default zoom level and won't go to the characters. I also can't manually manipulate the camera during an H scene. It shows the crosshair moving around and zooming but the screen itself does nothing. Sorry if this has been asked before and answered.

tortortururu
06-14-2011, 06:04 PM

i found the solution. Try to install again, but this time name thr files as "AA" and "AAMaker" while you are installing, then copy patch file. I used this method and i can play now.

killedthekat
06-14-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm having some trouble installing the game.
When I try to run the Startup.exe on disc 1 using the "run with japanese locale as administrator" option, I get an error saying "Could not find the resource DLL file: alres409.dll"
I actually can't run anything without getting that error message..

xXJacksXx
06-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Has anyone else had the game not zoom in to an h scene? For some reason the game just stays at the default zoom level and won't go to the characters. I also can't manually manipulate the camera during an H scene. It shows the crosshair moving around and zooming but the screen itself does nothing. Sorry if this has been asked before and answered.

You probably have the characters turned off. Hit the number keys once you hitan h scene. Just hit 1 2 3 and see if stuff starts coming in,

phantazum
06-14-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a question. How do I turn off the reticle in the sex game? That fucking thing is irritating.

relltdl
06-14-2011, 08:04 PM
This will probally be my last question for the day: I'm sorry if this might have been answered before but when I try to apply a mod using the wizard I get this error: http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/relltdl/?action=view&current=AAAaaaaaa.jpg does that mean I forgot to apply/ install something? or did I do something wrong XD? (if the image does not show up http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/relltdl/?action=view&current=AAAaaaaaa.jpg)

linkman142
06-14-2011, 08:06 PM
I can't install the game because I can't install japanese language :(

Sigrun
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a question. How do I turn off the reticle in the sex game? That fucking thing is irritating.

You mean the thing that appears when you move the camera? I think you just press 9 or 0.

l33tgamer123
06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
So I have a couple of problems. One I never could get the game "installed". It would always say something like windows can not verfiy the installer or something similar to that and then close out. So i worked around it copied the data files from both disks into a location and then edited my registry so that the luncher would find them. And now that I finally did get it to run, everytime I hit those buttons up top (the converstaion buttons i'm assuming the ones on top when your going from place to place,) the game crashes. No error it just pops up with the little windows thing that says whatever has stoped working. So I read the wiki and it had the suggestion to run in full screen. That didn't help, tried that "patch" to fix the error that pops up when entering conversations, that didn't help. And i searched through the board looking for others with these problems ....nothing.....So if anybody can help me with these things it would be much apperciated.

And BTW I do have my local set to japan and tried installing with applocal.

Trecheris
06-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Ok. Well Im probably just missing it but im clearly only Dling the AAedit and not the real game. I didnt have time to read all 63 pages of this thread because my GF is about to bite my head off. Anyways can someone post the link of the playable game here for me? I'v Played all the AA girl games and installed all of them myself before with the help of this site. And never had a problem like this lol. Its probably just me being dumb but i would love the help and or links to what im not Dling lol. Iv done it three times so far doing the Direct DL and then the torrent. Ill link them both below. Also when i run these with Daemon and mount disc one, i never get the option to mount disc two. It just finishes and when i do mount disc two it only gives me a fold with nothing important.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350410-110610-ILLUSION-%E3%82%B8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A6%E3%82%AC%E3%8 2%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3-Hot-3D-Game Thats the Torrent i Dled and only got the AAedit

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350439-110610-ILLUSION-%E3%82%B8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A6%E3%82%AC%E3%8 2%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3-Artificial-Academy-4-x-1GB-PARTS (WUPLOAD DOWNLOAD) and thats the Direct Download i tried.

Installed both and each only has the AAedit

Thanks for reading and or a reply

Im trying a Different Torrent now. It seems to me my probably is backwards from most people. Been readin and people are saying they cant get the Character maker installed. My problem is i cant get the game but the maker. I Dled the English launcher to try the English player exe. and it said the game is not installed. But the English maker one worked fine. Ima keep playing with it but if anyone can help i would love the input.

badviking
06-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Anyone have any suggestions about the game itself and the editor not saving? really frustrated at spending an hour or two playing and unable to save progress, and yes i have the translation for the save button :D, great work BTW on those.

got it figured out, have to run it as admin, first illusion game for me that had to do that

icydragon129
06-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Hello, i have a problem
my problem is everytime i try to load a character or load a saved game, the game always crashes...i dont know what i'm doing wrong...
Is there any step by step instructions that i could follow to fix this?
The character maker works perfectly fine.. its just the regular game itself.
Thanks

Siasione
06-15-2011, 12:56 AM
after i installed the latest HF-patch...i can't see the ecchi scenes anymore, but the runs normally
anyone noticed this?
version 0.3

Exitalis
06-15-2011, 01:01 AM
My antivirus detects this HF patch as a threat, and deletes it immediately.
It's annoying as hell.

Sashiel
06-15-2011, 01:57 AM
after i installed the latest HF-patch...i can't see the ecchi scenes anymore, but the runs normally
anyone noticed this?

i can't even play. it runs and the cursor and screen are all white. tried loading a save and creating a new one and it just crashes. this is after the newest HF patch. i will try reinstalling and see if that works.

SupremeNAK
06-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Please do something about the registry fix ASAP guys....!!!

pcrest
06-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Just my two cents (since I normally lurk around here). Looks like they took that shortcut used in the gamecube remake of Resident Evil. By using static background they have lots of extra polygons (aside from the "love" scenes) for 25 characters onscreen.

I'm sure people already know this, but if you give enough "attention" to perverted female characters and you DON'T try to have penetrative sex with them they will eventually initiate sex with your character if you're in an unoccupied room. They never did this in the men's changerooms or the men's restrooms.

I guess I'll keep experimenting to find out what else I can have happen in this game.

Arcnx
06-15-2011, 03:39 AM
Also, what's up with the "Loader"? It's also detected as a thread, but why do I need it?

Some anti-virus may detect it as a threat because it piggy-backs onto AAEdit English executable. You need it for a "complete" translation, something about Unicode resources...
It's not detected as a threat for me (using MSE + Malwarebytes)

burkmannen
06-15-2011, 03:54 AM
Trecheris, i used same torrent as you it works fine, though my install was wierd to, when i used the normal startup.exe it would only install aaedit but if you run setup.exe (AFTER) installing aaedit it should install aaplay.

PartyVan
06-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Can anyone help me, please?
I have Artificial Academy AND Schoolmate 2, working flawlessly, but when I Tab out and return, all that awaits me is a black window with just sound and keyboard control. I remember reading somewhere here, someone else had the same problem and I can't find it anymore.

I would very much like to know if there was a solution for this.

My specs are high (i7-2600k, HD 6970, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, etc...), but I never had this problem with my previous PC (It had 7950GX2, so it may be a problem with ATI cards only).

Magic touch
06-15-2011, 05:43 AM
I have Artificial Academy AND Schoolmate 2, working flawlessly, but when I Tab out and return, all that awaits me is a black window with just sound and keyboard control. I remember reading somewhere here, someone else had the same problem and I can't find it anymore.

My specs are high (i7-2600k, HD 6970, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, etc...), but I never had this problem with my previous PC (It had 7950GX2, so it may be a problem with ATI cards only).

depend of the OS, and resolution desktop
under Vista/W7 you can Try to disable DESKTOP compo in the shortcut property!
most problem are comes with AERO DESKTOP SUPPORT

be sure your PC have all updates up to dates, DirectX, drives!

my install
installed the game under Vista Ultimate (all updates)
- i don't use APPLOC, (also with the HF patch)
- set the unicode to Japan work 100% (Vista)
i got the "Soho" torrent (download in arround 2 hours)

under installation, i suggest to disable antivirus
- disk 1 run the MSI instead of the setup.exe!
- again disk1 run the startup.exe (for the editor)

Magic touch
06-15-2011, 05:44 AM

depend of the OS, and rresolution desktop

tortortururu
06-15-2011, 05:54 AM
some 1 help me my game crashes when i try to load girls or enter the world. help

i have already written, but i will write for you again. i found the solution. Try to install again, but this time name thr files as "AA" and "AAMaker" while you are installing, then copy patch file. I used this method and i can play now.

zer0w
06-15-2011, 06:02 AM
When hitting printscreen where does it save the images, because i do hear a snapshot sound.

ydralisk
06-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Is there a way to auto-randomize a whole classroom like the game did for me the first time?

I deleted that classroom and wanted another randomized one, but game now doesn't seem to do this. I have to do it via maker instead, which takes forever to do char by char.

Exitalis
06-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Should be my last question.

Does anyone know what I can do to keep my Antivirus (which is Norton) to stop detecting these as threats?
I have it disabled and it all runs perfectly fine, but...yeah.

mentallyill
06-15-2011, 06:55 AM
When hitting printscreen where does it save the images, because i do hear a snapshot sound.
it's in \data\cap both for the game and the maker :]

ryezakun
06-15-2011, 06:56 AM

I always have the same problem with all Illusion games I've played---
name it; @HM,AG3,AA,SM2,SM,RL,BR,BR2.....

depend of the OS, and resolution desktop
most problem are comes with AERO DESKTOP SUPPORT

be sure your PC have all updates up to dates, DirectX, drives!

I have tried the disable desktop compo, but it didnt work. And what is aero desktop support...? Thanks.....

Oh yeah I use ATI too -__-

Hentaiheart
06-15-2011, 06:57 AM

in the game folder is a folder named "Cap" the Screenshots should be there.

Inquisitor
06-15-2011, 07:01 AM
i have already written, but i will write for you again. i found the solution. Try to install again, but this time name thr files as "AA" and "AAMaker" while you are installing, then copy patch file. I used this method and i can play now.
Thank you. I have added this solution to the wiki (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Academy_Technical_Help#Running_the_game ), so hopefully this will mean an end to posts about game that crashes if you installed it to the default destination.

First commandment when trying to play Japanese H-game on a non-Japanese Windows:
Thou shalt not install the game to the default destination.

Second commandment:
Thou shalt not post without having checked the wiki for thy question.

n120cky
06-15-2011, 07:13 AM
New release v0.3a has come out, with improved stability and new feature personality editor.
Still, if any save game cause it to crash, send it to me.
Also thanks for any feedback that has been sent to me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?31a34u2ajxg8ed2 v0.3a (recomended)
Change log:
- Improved file format parsing on relationship data.
(note:because of new discovery of relation partial data format, now not all character pair relation can be edited, un-editable character pair (with red border) can't be selected)
- Added edit character feature (only personality for now).
(note:the game classify the personality for male and female, but in the editor it's all displayed so a male can have female personality, and viceversa. I have tried some and it's work, but this is a violation on game rule so use it carefully)
- Changes control, right click at desk to bring menu popup.
http://www.mediafire.com/?8fsttizytimd8wz v0.2a (Old)
Change log:
- Upgrade file format handle.

Note:
3. This is can be seen as pre-alpha release so there might be bug around, and in this release the only editable data is relationship parameter & personality.

muh220
06-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Can someone tell me what the [0] (zero) key does?

http://www.garcemac.com/aa01.jpg

The other keys have obvious effects, and the [9] key shows or hides the crosshair, but no matter how many times I click [0], it seems that nothing happens or changes.

When enabled, it'll make the camera center on the part of the body you click with your mouse button. For example, if you click her tits, it'll center on that, if you click the face, it'll move to that part. Doesn't exactly work like it should tough...

verboden
06-15-2011, 07:49 AM
i have a problem with mine, it worked perfectly at first but whenever i tried to start the character maker it says that a config file is missing and when i try to start the game itself, it says i need the character maker installed, can someone please help me, much apreciated ^^

ingrams
06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
is there a way to force res ? ( 4:3 , 5:4 etc.. )

Inquisitor
06-15-2011, 08:27 AM
i have a problem with mine, it worked perfectly at first but whenever i tried to start the character maker it says that a config file is missing and when i try to start the game itself, it says i need the character maker installed, can someone please help me, much apreciated ^^
I would normally give -rep for breaking both the first and the second commandment, but I must be in a good mood today. Better not press your luck.

ingrams
06-15-2011, 08:31 AM
guess we cant change res right ? no matter what i changed it stays wide screen res

OnlyaskforJAck
06-15-2011, 08:37 AM
hi ! (soory for my poor english)

Can somebody say me please
does incest "work , exist in this game ???" -- i have create many girls and have get the girl and the boy the same name but hmm nothing ???
is there a option or anything to unlocked or create that ?
(in Ag 3 i have love that ^^)

The only trait that i have "unlocked" was Lewd (ask me not how xD) ---charakter maker i have see no tread for that but in the schoolclass she is lewd
(she speaks only of sex nothing else *g*)

BlooDAleX
06-15-2011, 08:38 AM
In my friend the game is not working properly, All the characters are VERY fast run (three times faster than normal) , regardless of the level of sports development.... in H-scene all good
as fom me game work good .... I have windows 7 64bit and Nvidia last driver too.... What could be the problem?

0kent0
06-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Not sure if this has been said before (sorry, I'm not reading every post here). I found that taking your "friend" to any boy's locker room is the best way to not get interrupted during interactions with the person. Girls will follow you there but it seems like they will not enter without telling them to do so.

So far in the game I got 3 "girlfriends" and 4 "sexfriends". They seem content on sharing the guy for now, think it is because the others never caught him screwing another.

I Been trying To Get One To Be Sexfriend He Got Perverted trait and a low virtue Which Wiki Said Is Needed But He Never Accept Any H-Scene Even when 180%

tortortururu
06-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Having a problem starting the game. I input the info to create a school, and then the game crashes.

you can check wiki page or previous page for the solution.

tortortururu
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
can somebody translate this character creation section? I understood the other parts, but i couldn't last part -_-' (personalities and preferences parts)

kotsempai
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
0kent0

removing and installing the play has solved my problem, can solve and you this.

Roadkill007
06-15-2011, 11:06 AM
hi. (Forgive for my english)

Help. 3 girls grateful on 100% (Pink), in an effort confess or any red action always 0% even when girls themselves red.

check if they have bfs already. If they're a certain type of personality , like faithful, they won't leave their current bf for you no matter what. Tried to seduce a faithful girl with another girl, they got to "true love", but she wouldn't accept her heart.

'
also just an FYI for people playing around with the character editer thing

for Preference, the more left you set them, the more they want to be "in charge"
the more right you set them, the more they want you to be "in charge" during the h scenes.

just saying cause I initially thought the opposite.

for those who haven't gotten the english patch to work, it's the 6th tab in the character maker, 4th option from the top.

if someone can explain anything in the 7th tab of the character maker, i'll be much obliged

KohakuSan
06-15-2011, 11:49 AM
pls read the goddamn wiki

Yeah I checked it a few days ago and nothing, found it now though.

hgatedc
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
a little technical help,
i'm planning to upgrade from a dual core athlon to either phenom II x4 965 (3.2GHz) or x6 1055t (2.8GHz)

which is a better call?

l33tgamer123
06-15-2011, 12:15 PM
a little technical help,
i'm planning to upgrade from a dual core athlon to either phenom II x4 965 (3.2GHz) or x6 1055t (2.8GHz)

which is a better call?

Overall the x6 would be faster for your system, but unless I'm wrong, most applications don't support 6 cores. Hell most don't even support 4. So for progams and such the x4 would produce faster results.

Sashiel
06-15-2011, 12:29 PM
i can't even play. it runs and the cursor and screen are all white. tried loading a save and creating a new one and it just crashes. this is after the newest HF patch. i will try reinstalling and see if that works.

ok, i reinstalled and applied the HF patch. I was able to run and play the game without any really technical issues. I will say, that the patch for some reason didn't apply the demosaic to either m or f. also ran into the Loader problem, but that was easily fixed, all i did was download the stand alone loader from Shadow I believe and just put it in the folder and it worked. I don't know whats up with the patch, but has anyone run into any hitches like the ones I have?

hgatedc
06-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Overall the x6 would be faster for your system, but unless I'm wrong, most applications don't support 6 cores. Hell most don't even support 4. So for progams and such the x4 would produce faster results.

that's what i would like to ask.
are eroges adapting properly to multiple cores?

Inquisitor
06-15-2011, 12:54 PM
ok, i reinstalled and applied the HF patch. I was able to run and play the game without any really technical issues. I will say, that the patch for some reason didn't apply the demosaic to either m or f. also ran into the Loader problem, but that was easily fixed, all i did was download the stand alone loader from Shadow I believe and just put it in the folder and it worked. I don't know whats up with the patch, but has anyone run into any hitches like the ones I have?
I haven't had anyone reporting similar issues. There has been one or two reports that the previous demosaic didn't work, but I can't say if these came from the fact that the demosaic only worked on the nude model. The latest version (0.4) includes the full demosaic (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2993819#post2993819) by remere and it works great (remember give him some rep).

What is "the Loader problem" about?

Rorinator
06-15-2011, 01:39 PM
that's what i would like to ask.
are eroges adapting properly to multiple cores?

I highly doubt that. Although eroges are quite popular in Japan, most of the eroge companies are small and don't have the necessary number of workers, money and/or equipment to develop a game with high technical standarts.

Even Illusion, with the most capable eroge 3d engine right now (in my opinion) is miles away from a well known game engine like unreal engine 3 or cryengine.

l33tgamer123
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Anybody with help to my game crashing when ever i start a conversation even though i have already applied the patch that is supposed to fix that?

Sashiel
06-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I haven't had anyone reporting similar issues. There has been one or two reports that the previous demosaic didn't work, but I can't say if these came from the fact that the demosaic only worked on the nude model. The latest version (0.4) includes the full demosaic (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2993819#post2993819) by remere and it works great (remember give him some rep).

What is "the Loader problem" about?

The patch I installed was .4. Idk why the demosaic didnt work. What can I do to fix it? The maker was telling me that the Loader could not be found and it wouldn't translate the Maker at all. I searched the wiki and around here and found that for some reason the loader in the maker folder was not working. I just downloaded the one that came with either Shadow or Wurlox's translation and just copy/paste and it worked fine. ATM it's only the uncensor and demosaic that I have a problem with. Well, also the translation for the story is a little iffy, but that one is understandable and not really that necessary.

tortortururu
06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Could Someone help me set this up? I am new and this would be my 1st game I set up. Thanks :)

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Academy_Technical_Help

read this page carefully and install the game as instructed.

muh220
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
guess we cant change res right ? no matter what i changed it stays wide screen res

Seems like the game uses a fixed 16:9 ratio even on 4:3 resolutions... bad news for us 4:3 monitor users, as we are wasting a lot of screen space which could be used to fully see the h-scene models... Like it is now, all is cropped to a 16:9 ratio.

Tale
06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
yes i have made new characters but when i start my game i cant put them in my old class or new class

illegal
06-15-2011, 05:33 PM
this game should have those bar or something to tell either your relationship with the girl is good or not but then who care for now i been scoring quite a load of girls from getting the girl to talk with the guy close to a girlfriend then the girlfriend get piss at the guys as u pick the other one instead of the girlfriend then just comfort the girlfriend and then go back to talk to the girl u pick, that should raise ur relationship with the girl but so far u have to do it 2 time to that girl tho....

EDIT:

O one more thing during this time u should at least do the hug, kiss, or touch the girl

Tale
06-15-2011, 05:38 PM
im so annoyed anything i make it doesnt get put into game like even if i make a new class i cant find them on the roster

Edit:
ok so far i can load the new ones on the maker but when i go directly to the data/save/female the file isnt in there now im so confused

iball
06-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Any way to mod the game so that we can change the men's clothing? I want to make my trap where a skirt.

fukae
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I have been meaning to ask this for a while now, wonder if anyone can help.

Whenever I go in any Illusion game, I can't move my cursor out of the game window (ie. I can't click on Windows apps or my desktop) without having to do Function + F3 or something to forcibly open something else. Is there a way to correct this?

Magic touch
06-15-2011, 08:59 PM
I have been meaning to ask this for a while now, wonder if anyone can help.

Whenever I go in any Illusion game, I can't move my cursor out of the game window (ie. I can't click on Windows apps or my desktop) without having to do Function + F3 or something to forcibly open something else. Is there a way to correct this?

if you play in windowed mode, try use ALT+TAB to skip to your desktop application!
use Alt+Tab again to return to the game window

fukae
06-15-2011, 10:01 PM
i'm having problems with the Artificial Academy HF Patch it is giving me mutiple 0xc0000135 error how do i fix it so i can have the patch

Have you been following this? There's a step by step installation guide at the bottom.

If you do, you shouldn't have any problems.

Rorinator
06-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Ah thanks, wonder how I didn't caught that. :D

Is this normal behavior though? Just want to make sure it's not something on my end.

Don't worry, its normal. Running apllications in a window have a "focus".

ttrop0
06-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Have you been following this? There's a step by step installation guide at the bottom.

If you do, you shouldn't have any problems.

i did do what the wili said and i do have the game running it's the english patch i am having proplems istalling

Wings_Of_Gray
06-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Scratch that problem. I was being dumb, didn't put in character names. English names seem to work, I wonder how that affects the in game...

Omnipotent
06-16-2011, 12:24 AM
asking again

If you want a random class download a bunch of characters you didnt make and dont look at their stats.

Wings_Of_Gray
06-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Reinstalling the character maker gets those sample characters back too.

grimm01
06-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Seems like the game uses a fixed 16:9 ratio even on 4:3 resolutions... bad news for us 4:3 monitor users, as we are wasting a lot of screen space which could be used to fully see the h-scene models... Like it is now, all is cropped to a 16:9 ratio.

For people using 4:3 monitors; there's a program you can get called Reso. This program makes a shortcut to program exe's and runs them in the resolution you preset when making the shortcut with the program. I've used it in a reverse fashion for older Illusion games that didn't support 16:9 ratios. Perhaps this program will be of use to the 4:3 users out there in Hongfire land.

:)

ingrams
06-16-2011, 02:22 AM
i tried to extract the jcp08_00_00.pp with pp extractor but it didnt work , what tool do i have to use to extract this pp file ?

For people using 4:3 monitors; there's a program you can get called Reso. This program makes a shortcut to program exe's and runs them in the resolution you preset when making the shortcut with the program. I've used it in a reverse fashion for older Illusion games that didn't support 16:9 ratios. Perhaps this program will be of use to the 4:3 users out there in Hongfire land.

cant find this on google , very few info

Xeefm
06-16-2011, 03:18 AM
For people using 4:3 monitors; there's a program you can get called Reso
By Reso, you mean Res o matic? That seems to have the description you provided.

Yojiru
06-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Is there any reason applying the HF-patch causes the unicode to bug out and not display properly? (For the record, I run JP locale on Windows 7 and have never had this issue with any other game)

Chieko Nakasato
06-16-2011, 03:45 AM
i tried to extract the jcp08_00_00.pp with pp extractor but it didnt work , what tool do i have to use to extract this pp file ?Use AAMake2Decrypt (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443-Mod-Release-Thread-%28Illusion%29-Artificial-Academy?p=2982490#post2982490) from Alamar!

awdrey
06-16-2011, 03:46 AM
I've followed all the instruction from wiki to install the game, but still the game always crashed at now loading screen but the AAMaker works just fine... it's the first illusion game that failed to play in my PC
does someone has the same problem? I haven't found the solution yet

et121212
06-16-2011, 05:52 AM
How to install file jg_02_cmake? It seemed it does not power up the game so much......

Datastreamx
06-16-2011, 06:38 AM
I have one question unrelated to modding. Is it normal for conversations to end after you've picked 1 option? I feel that this is ain't right because there is this percentage thing in the top left which probably shows affection or arrousal rate. At each convo it goes back to 0%. So whatever you say before that is useless because with everything you say you start a new convo.

Inquisitor
06-16-2011, 07:12 AM
To those having trouble with the patch not detecting your AA Edit (Maker) installation: You probably moved/renamed the folder after you installed it.

Your game will not work, because the game will look for AA Edit in the same place that the HF Patch does. The HF Patch looks at this key to determine your AA Edit location:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AAEdit]
"INSTALLDIR"="C:\\illusion\\AAMaker\\"

If INSTALLDIR is set to something different from your actual Maker location, the patch (or the game) will just not work.

In addition, if you installed AA Edit to the default destination, your game will probably not work (it will crash when it tries to read your character files).

I have updated the wiki with pictures showing how it looks when you install and what you should do to fix the location. I have also updated the quick step-by-step guide (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Academy_Technical_Help#Quick_step-by-step_guide) to include the steps to install AA Edit, so there is no excuse for not doing it right.

Minimaxima
06-16-2011, 07:22 AM
guys, i'm still confused with these bluescreen.

i'm playing and it suddenly goes into bluescreen, and i cant help doing anything but pressing the reset button.

should i post my computer specifications here? i really want to play this AA eventhough its just a fap game.

kazumareika
06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
I use Female & Male demosaic and Uncensored DEcen. It works fine in AA maker but in real game, it works only in some of my girl, the other don't have anything in "there" ?

muh220
06-16-2011, 08:33 AM

http://www.bcheck.net/apps/reso.png
Is this the program you're talking about ?
Seems to be only a resolution changer, it won't fix the "problem" of how the game manages the aspect ratios. It only changes the resolution prior to executing a program. Thanks for the tip though...

Inquisitor
06-16-2011, 09:17 AM
http://www.bcheck.net/apps/reso.png
Is this the program you're talking about ?
Seems to be only a resolution changer, it won't fix the "problem" of how the game manages the aspect ratios. It only changes the resolution prior to executing a program. Thanks for the tip though...
Again, you should try the brilliant Subtitle Overlay Mod (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243186&p=2616280#post2616280) by enter75. It will look look for a Subtitle.cfg in the game folder.

Rename the file i have attached to Subtitle.cfg (from SM2) and set the Resolution to what you would like.

Let us know if this works!

PoingdeFeu
06-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Well. Everything was going good so far, but, the game options seems.... wrong now.

When I start a new class, a few things are wrong :
- Frist, time period do not pass... I can talk, and do activities indifinetely, without going onto next period; through I still can change by hitting hitting "next period".
- Even if my characters do not really match my MC, in five minutes, I already have 5 or 6 confessions from girls I havn't even talked once...
- And, finally, seems to have a boobs bug, they seems REALLY bigger in the game than in Character Maker...

Anyone got those problems too?

Arklite
06-16-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm trying to use AAMake2Decrypt to apply an unmosaic, but the window closes instantly when i open it. I tried opening it in CMD but then I can't actually use it, as drag and dropping in the .pp files just adds their location to the end of the command line. I managed to unpack the .pp files by using "open with" in properties, but i now i can't repack them as i can't do the same with folders. Help?

PoingdeFeu
06-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Don't open it.
Drag'n drop the .pp file on it to decrypt it, replace files in the folder, and, then, drag'n drop again the folder on it to re-encrypt it to .pp.

krisslanza
06-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Well. Everything was going good so far, but, the game options seems.... wrong now.

When I start a new class, a few things are wrong :
- Frist, time period do not pass... I can talk, and do activities indifinetely, without going onto next period; through I still can change by hitting hitting "next period".
- Even if my characters do not really match my MC, in five minutes, I already have 5 or 6 confessions from girls I havn't even talked once...
- And, finally, seems to have a boobs bug, they seems REALLY bigger in the game than in Character Maker...

Anyone got those problems too?

For #3, I think it's just how the vests work. It makes their breasts look a lot larger in the game then it does once it comes off.

This is a somewhat random question, but it's been bugging me for a while now... in the creator, is the naming going surname then given name, or given then surname? I mean, it probably has no impact gamewise, but it's really bugging me knowing if I'm getting the names backwards. So basically is the creator going like:
Smith (surname) Jill (given)
or
Jill (given) Smith (surname)

freemen
06-16-2011, 12:57 PM
guys, i'm still confused with these bluescreen.

check the blue screen, often error is reported with same sequential number, containing the error, the adress and stack pointer, but probably there is a filename included like samething.dll or samething.sys ; get info about that file to know what is about; if it's related to any hardware device try to update/clean/reinstal/disable/etc.
If it's related to sam software like antiviruses, virtual devices or others search a solution for them.
if it's a windows related file then things are more difficoult and a can't help, search the filename combined with the error number that look samething like 0x0000008e and prey.
If no filename is reported you're dealing with a cpu exception and you can give up or sell your pc to buy another.

Jokeboy
06-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Sorry if this was asked before but I have a little problem:

During the H-scene I just can't see the characters, only the dildo/dick.

Anyone know how to solve this please?

garce
06-16-2011, 12:59 PM
@krisslanza

I'm pretty sure its Lastname - Firstname in game. It was driving me nuts on the notebook screen, though, so I just enter the names "normally" for readability purposes now.

@Jokeboy

Try hitting your "1" and "3" keys during an H scene - the control character visibility.

burkmannen
06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
any one know what tool/mod is used to getting breast size over 100%? (some uploaded girls seems to have way above 100% size)

Omnipotent
06-16-2011, 01:29 PM
any one know what tool/mod is used to getting breast size over 100%? (some uploaded girls seems to have way above 100% size)
I wondered the same thing. This is the reply I got in the mod discussion thread.
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350441-Mod-Discussion-Thread-%28Illusion%29-Artificial-Academy?p=2997025#post2997025

KingOfRock
06-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Lol first time I got a "RED" bar:glasses:. I guess yellow wasn't the final bar O.O:evillaugh: lol anyone else get a RED bar too? I think it means person is enjoying it too much :love: Can a guy get a red bar too?

Rorinator
06-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Lol first time I got a "RED" bar:glasses:. I guess yellow wasn't the final bar O.O:evillaugh: lol anyone else get a RED bar too? I think it means person is enjoying it too much :love: Can a guy get a red bar too?

Red bar is pretty normal, depending on the sensibillity of the char. And yes, guys have a red bar too - without showing the tongue. :glasses:

hmoeller
06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
the bluescreen i get is always saying **STOP : 0x00000124

some help please?

0x124 is usually related to using EIST/C1E (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep) with an overclocked system. Try to disable C1E/EIST in BIOS.

Also, check http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

rolemaster
06-16-2011, 05:44 PM
is there a known error concerning ecchi scenes? whenever i enter one i just see the empty room and the control buttons, nothing else, the sound still playing.

Yandere
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
is there a known error concerning ecchi scenes? whenever i enter one i just see the empty room and the control buttons, nothing else, the sound still playing.
Have you tried pressing number keys? It's possible you simply have everything hidden.

DannyO007
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
So I've been trying to get the demosaic mod to work on my game for the last 12 hours or so, and it just refuses to work. I drop the appropriate .pp files into the AAMake2Decrypt, replace the files specified in the folder, and then drop the folder into the decrypt to repack. When I go both to the maker and in-game, I still see the mosaic. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

linkman142
06-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Is there a way to install the game without having japanese locale set up because something is wrong with my locale my computer simply refuses to do anything with a japanese locale, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and anytime I try to launch any installer I get error 1208 when using run with japanese locale, if this problem as been addressed already please point me in the direction of the post, but 73 posts is to much to search though

ryezakun
06-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Is there a way to install the game without having japanese locale set up because something is wrong with my locale my computer simply refuses to do anything with a japanese locale, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and anytime I try to launch any installer I get error 1208 when using run with japanese locale, if this problem as been addressed already please point me in the direction of the post, but 73 posts is to much to search though

use HFpApploc. search it in the forum.

KingOfRock
06-16-2011, 06:10 PM
lol I cheated in front of my char's original lover and now they are both the char"s girlfriend :sweet:

WAIT!
and my char has sex with 2 other girls regularly. My char is a playa :omg2:

I circled them in the pic attached. My goal is to get all the girls to have regular sex with my playa:yells:
btw is the max girlfriends allowed 2?:cries:

Yandere
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
So I've been trying to get the demosaic mod to work on my game for the last 12 hours or so, and it just refuses to work. I drop the appropriate .pp files into the AAMake2Decrypt, replace the files specified in the folder, and then drop the folder into the decrypt to repack. When I go both to the maker and in-game, I still see the mosaic. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I suspect if you've been at it 12 hours, there's little I can suggest, but my first question would be - do you realize there's three separate demosaic mesh sets that want replacement? Short girl, regular girl, and tall girl. It's possible you're replacing only one of them and not noticing the change when you go to check.

Pest
06-16-2011, 06:15 PM
lol I cheated in front of my char's original lover and now they are both the char"s girlfriend :sweet:

WAIT!
and my char has sex with 2 other girls regularly. My char is a playa :omg2:

I circled them in the pic attached. My goal is to get all the girls to have regular sex with my playa:yells:
btw is the max girlfriends allowed 2?:cries:

My first character had 6 "girlfriends" and some of those girlfriends also had girlfriends. I don't think any limit is imposed.

Yandere
06-16-2011, 06:16 PM
You can have more than one girlfriend :]

Shinigami77 says hi. (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350427-Illusion-Artificial-Academy-Gameplay-Discussion?p=2993537#post2993537)

muh220
06-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Again, you should try the brilliant Subtitle Overlay Mod (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243186&p=2616280#post2616280) by enter75. It will look look for a Subtitle.cfg in the game folder.

Rename the file i have attached to Subtitle.cfg (from SM2) and set the Resolution to what you would like.

Let us know if this works!

Seems I'm unable to correctly express the "problem" with 4:3 resolutions... It's not really a big problem, I'm just cursing Illusion for the way they always managed the screen resolutions thing. Before, it was all 4:3, and now it seems to be 16:9 no matter what. See the attached image, hope that explains better what I was aiming at. That's how the game looks at 1280x960. The resolution is 4:3, but the game works only in 16:9 mode, and adds black bars to fill up to 4:3. They could have let 4:3 users enjoy the extra height to fully display the h-scenes, and not like now where they look like they're cutted (because the game crops to 16:9).
That's all I was trying to say, and neither any resolution program or the excellent enter75 mod can fix that.

DannyO007
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I suspect if you've been at it 12 hours, there's little I can suggest, but my first question would be - do you realize there's three separate demosaic mesh sets that want replacement? Short girl, regular girl, and tall girl. It's possible you're replacing only one of them and not noticing the change when you go to check.
Aha! I went into the maker to see if any size was changed, and it turns out the short girl mesh is working! I was going at it with one mesh set, now I just have to go get the others. Thanks!

KingOfRock
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Seems I'm unable to correctly express the "problem" with 4:3 resolutions... It's not really a big problem, I'm just cursing Illusion for the way they always managed the screen resolutions thing. Before, it was all 4:3, and now it seems to be 16:9 no matter what. See the attached image, hope that explains better what I was aiming at. That's how the game looks at 1280x960. The resolution is 4:3, but the game works only in 16:9 mode, and adds black bars to fill up to 4:3. They could have let 4:3 users enjoy the extra height to fully display the h-scenes, and not like now where they look like they're cutted (because the game crops to 16:9).
That's all I was trying to say, and neither any resolution program or the excellent enter75 mod can fix that.

I just tested it out as well and it does that on my computer too :hope:

I don't think you can do anything about it unless you program something lol or download a mod (if someone makes one for resolutions)

n120cky
06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
New version released with personality, thought and taste (AAMaker tab page) properties.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzaw8pxs64xmrlj v0.4b (new)
Change log:
- Relation edit : Add new 'lovers' flag data (thanks to 14mhz for the data format), fix stability issues.
- Character edit : Added Personality(Club, voice, etc), Thought(Orientation, Skill, etc) and Taste(Preference, Personality).
(note: I have set sexual experience so the target become a virgin again, but it's doesn't work, that maybe the game save another flag for it, which is still unknown).

For now I don't have any plan to create 'appearence' editor because it would be hard to edit without the view like AAMaker had, so one way to do it is to import only the 'appearence' data from AAMaker save to AAPlay save, but I'll make that if I have more time and it's possible to do that. So for now the editor focus on the gameplay(story) data aspect.

Note:
3. This is can be seen as beta release so there might be few bug around, and in this release the editable data is relationship parameter & Character (personality, thought, taste).

Older Release:
http://www.mediafire.com/?31a34u2ajxg8ed2 v0.3a (Old)
Change log:
- Improved file format parsing on relationship data.
(note:because of new discovery of relation partial data format, now not all character pair relation can be edited, un-editable character pair (with red border) can't be selected)
- Added edit character feature (only personality for now).
(note:the game classify the personality for male and female, but in the editor it's all displayed so a male can have female personality, and viceversa. I have tried some and it's work, but this is a violation on game rule so use it carefully)
- Changes control, right click at desk to bring menu popup.

Gashbell
06-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Someone makes breast size over 100%. (cheat the limitation) It's in 人工少女・フロンティア. Read the board to seek out the password, it's not a hint, a password directly somewhere in forum.
here is the website link (http://js-frontier.sakuratan.com/).

victer642
06-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Mr. N120ocky, keep it comin man! I've used your save editor a bunch on times already.

EDIT: I would change the Love button to Relationship or Dating. I thought it made them go pink to love you, so now I'm in 7 relationships with murderous women xD

grimm01
06-16-2011, 11:03 PM
@ ingrams:

You can get Reso here: http://www.bcheck.net/apps/

Google and other search engines have trouble finding it (didn't know this when I first posted) due to reso also being a Swedish word. So when you search for Reso via search engines; it's best to use phrases such as "Reso resolution program" etc.

Sorry for the confusion on my previous post.

cant find this on google , very few info[/QUOTE]

hoborg
06-16-2011, 11:05 PM
New version released with personality, thought and taste (AAMaker tab page) properties.

Not sure if this helps or not. It opens one of my save files fine but gives me an exception on the first save I made.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream)
at SaveEditor.Person.LoadFromBinaryReader(BinaryReade r br)
at SaveEditor.Student.LoadFromBinaryReader(BinaryRead er br)
at SaveEditor.Class.LoadFromStream(Stream data)
at SaveEditor.Class.LoadFromFile(String file)
at SaveEditor.FormMain.OpenFile(String p)
at SaveEditor.FormMain.buttonOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5444 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SaveEditor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/games/illusion/Artificial%20Academy/SaveEditorv0.1a/SaveEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

smaster1690
06-16-2011, 11:09 PM

Okay dude, I had the same problem before. The 1208 ANSI one. HFpApploc didn't work at all.
No matter what you try you'll never be able to play it unless you change the Jap locale in your very own comp.
So what I did was to install the game and character maker in another comp after changing it to Jap local. (My brother's notebook when he was not at home :P)
After installation was complete, I saved the registry by typing regedit, searched for illusion in HKCU/Software and exported the file.
Installed Inquisitor HF Patch.
Then I copied the whole illusion folder from the notebook to my comp which is using a pirated win 7...I think.
Implanted the registry.
Manually changed the key directory of the AA Play and AA Edit in the registry and tadaa works perfectly for me now.
Have been playing like this for the past 4 days and not a single problem.
Also advise to install Japanese font called 'Meiryo' in case it is not found in your Fonts folder.

This is the only way to play it for those who don't want to change any settings in their own comp or is having serious problem by changing their locale.

Roadkill007
06-16-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm seriously wishing for a save to function atm... auto saving into the same file means when I make a new class.... since I HAVE to have unique characters, i have to readd them 1 by 1 and make changes to their uniforms 1 by 1... if there only was a save to function or something like that I could just make a copy :( and start from where I left off if I wanna change something not so drastic

Ugh and in an effort to manually copy-save, i accidently copy-saved the wrong one... and deleted the wrong one -.- .. but from the game.... meaning it's not even in my recycling bin... /wrist

Hecatom
06-17-2011, 12:21 AM
ok, so i tried everything on the wiki
im unable to run the game
it freeze on the now loading black screen when i start it
this are the specs of my craptacular machine

/// Essential Information ///////////////////////////////////////////////

OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional [Service Pack 2] (Ver.5.01.2600)
DirectX : DirectX 9.0 (4.09.0000.0904)
Memory : Total:3006MB Free:2210MB
CPU Type : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
Speed : 1099.22 MHz
Cores : 2
Graphics Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Video Driver : nv4_disp.dll
Version : 6.14.0011.6218
VRAM : 500.7 MB
Vertex Shader : 3.0
Pixel Shader : 3.0
Artificial Academy Path : F:\Archivos\Juegos\Artificial Academy\
Drive Info : [F:Drive] 4.3 GB / 74.5 GB

/// Additional Information ////////////////////////////////////////////////

HDD
[C:Drive]Local : 6.3 GB / 153.4 GB
[D:Drive]Local : 42.1 GB / 186.3 GB
[F:Drive]Local : 4.3 GB / 74.5 GB
[G:Drive]Local : 5.0 GB / 465.8 GB
[H:Drive]Local : 51.7 GB / 931.5 GB

Memory
Total : 500.7 MB
Local : 500.7 MB
Non-Local : 0.0 MB
Texture : 747.7 MB

Caps
DeviceType : 1
AdapterOrdinal : 0
MaxTextureWidth : 8192
MaxTextureHeight : 8192
MaxVolumeExtent : 512
MaxTextureRepeat : 8192
MaxTextureAspectRatio : 8192
MaxAnisotropy : 16
MaxVertexW : 10000000000.000000
GuardBandLeft : -100000000.000000
GuardBandTop : -100000000.000000
GuardBandRight : 100000000.000000
GuardBandBottom : 100000000.000000
ExtentsAdjust : 0.000000
MaxTextureBlendStages : 8
MaxSimultaneousTextures : 8
MaxActiveLights : 8
MaxUserClipPlanes : 6
MaxVertexBlendMatrices : 4
MaxVertexBlendMatrixIndex : 0
MaxPointSize : 8192.000000
MaxPrimitiveCount : 1048575
MaxVertexIndex : 1048575
MaxStreams : 16
MaxStreamStride : 255
VertexShaderVersion : 3.0
MaxVertexShaderConst : 256
PixelShaderVersion : 3.0
PixelShader1xMaxValue : 65504.000000
MaxNpatchTessellationLevel : 0.000000
MasterAdapterOrdinal : 0
AdapterOrdinalInGroup : 0
NumberOfAdaptersInGroup : 1
NumSimultaneousRTs : 4
MaxVShaderInstructionsExecuted : 65535
MaxPShaderInstructionsExecuted : 65535
MaxVertexShader30InstructionSlots : 544
MaxPixelShader30InstructionSlots : 4096

Caps
D3DCAPS_READ_SCANLINE : O

Caps2
D3DCAPS2_FULLSCREENGAMMA : O
D3DCAPS2_CANCALIBRATEGAMMA : X
D3DCAPS2_RESERVED : X
D3DCAPS2_CANMANAGERESOURCE : X
D3DCAPS2_DYNAMICTEXTURES : O
D3DCAPS2_CANAUTOGENMIPMAP : O

Caps3
D3DCAPS3_RESERVED : X
D3DCAPS3_ALPHA_FULLSCREEN_FLIP_OR_DISCARD : O
D3DCAPS3_LINEAR_TO_SRGB_PRESENTATION : X
D3DCAPS3_COPY_TO_VIDMEM : O
D3DCAPS3_COPY_TO_SYSTEMMEM : O

PresentationIntervals
D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT : X
D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_ONE : O
D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_TWO : O
D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_THREE : O
D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_FOUR : O
D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE : O

CursorCaps
D3DCURSORCAPS_COLOR : O
D3DCURSORCAPS_LOWRES : X

DevCaps
D3DDEVCAPS_EXECUTESYSTEMMEMORY : O
D3DDEVCAPS_EXECUTEVIDEOMEMORY : O
D3DDEVCAPS_TLVERTEXSYSTEMMEMORY : O
D3DDEVCAPS_TLVERTEXVIDEOMEMORY : O
D3DDEVCAPS_TEXTURESYSTEMMEMORY : X
D3DDEVCAPS_TEXTUREVIDEOMEMORY : O
D3DDEVCAPS_DRAWPRIMTLVERTEX : O
D3DDEVCAPS_CANRENDERAFTERFLIP : O
D3DDEVCAPS_TEXTURENONLOCALVIDMEM : O
D3DDEVCAPS_DRAWPRIMITIVES2 : O
D3DDEVCAPS_SEPARATETEXTUREMEMORIES : X
D3DDEVCAPS_DRAWPRIMITIVES2EX : O
D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT : O
D3DDEVCAPS_CANBLTSYSTONONLOCAL : O
D3DDEVCAPS_HWRASTERIZATION : O
D3DDEVCAPS_PUREDEVICE : O
D3DDEVCAPS_QUINTICRTPATCHES : X
D3DDEVCAPS_RTPATCHES : X
D3DDEVCAPS_RTPATCHHANDLEZERO : X
D3DDEVCAPS_NPATCHES : X

PrimitiveMiscCaps
D3DPMISCCAPS_MASKZ : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_CULLNONE : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_CULLCW : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_CULLCCW : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_COLORWRITEENABLE : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_CLIPPLANESCALEDPOINTS : X
D3DPMISCCAPS_CLIPTLVERTS : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_TSSARGTEMP : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_BLENDOP : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_NULLREFERENCE : X
D3DPMISCCAPS_INDEPENDENTWRITEMASKS : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_PERSTAGECONSTANT : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_FOGANDSPECULARALPHA : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_SEPARATEALPHABLEND : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_MRTINDEPENDENTBITDEPTHS : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_MRTPOSTPIXELSHADERBLENDING : O
D3DPMISCCAPS_FOGVERTEXCLAMPED : X

RasterCaps
D3DPRASTERCAPS_DITHER : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_ZTEST : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_FOGVERTEX : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_FOGTABLE : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_MIPMAPLODBIAS : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_ZBUFFERLESSHSR : X
D3DPRASTERCAPS_FOGRANGE : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_ANISOTROPY : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_WBUFFER : X
D3DPRASTERCAPS_WFOG : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_ZFOG : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_COLORPERSPECTIVE : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_SCISSORTEST : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_SLOPESCALEDEPTHBIAS : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_DEPTHBIAS : O
D3DPRASTERCAPS_MULTISAMPLE_TOGGLE : X

ZCmpCaps
D3DPCMPCAPS_NEVER : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_LESS : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_EQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_LESSEQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_GREATER : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_NOTEQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_GREATEREQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_ALWAYS : O

SrcBlendCaps
D3DPBLENDCAPS_ZERO : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_ONE : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_SRCCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVSRCCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_SRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVSRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_DESTALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVDESTALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_DESTCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVDESTCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_SRCALPHASAT : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_BOTHSRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_BOTHINVSRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_BLENDFACTOR : O

DestBlendCaps
D3DPBLENDCAPS_ZERO : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_ONE : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_SRCCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVSRCCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_SRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVSRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_DESTALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVDESTALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_DESTCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_INVDESTCOLOR : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_SRCALPHASAT : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_BOTHSRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_BOTHINVSRCALPHA : O
D3DPBLENDCAPS_BLENDFACTOR : O

AlphaCmpCaps
D3DPCMPCAPS_NEVER : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_LESS : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_EQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_LESSEQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_GREATER : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_NOTEQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_GREATEREQUAL : O
D3DPCMPCAPS_ALWAYS : O

ShadeCaps
D3DPSHADECAPS_COLORGOURAUDRGB : O
D3DPSHADECAPS_SPECULARGOURAUDRGB : O
D3DPSHADECAPS_ALPHAGOURAUDBLEND : O
D3DPSHADECAPS_FOGGOURAUD : O

TextureCaps
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_PERSPECTIVE : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_POW2 : X
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_ALPHA : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_SQUAREONLY : X
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_TEXREPEATNOTSCALEDBYSIZE : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_ALPHAPALETTE : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_NONPOW2CONDITIONAL : X
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_PROJECTED : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_CUBEMAP : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_VOLUMEMAP : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_MIPMAP : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_MIPVOLUMEMAP : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_MIPCUBEMAP : O
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_CUBEMAP_POW2 : X
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_VOLUMEMAP_POW2 : X
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_NOPROJECTEDBUMPENV : X

TextureFilterCaps
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MINFPOINT : O
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MINFLINEAR : O
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MINFANISOTROPIC : O
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MINFPYRAMIDALQUAD : X
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MINFGAUSSIANQUAD : X
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MIPFPOINT : O
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MIPFLINEAR : O
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MAGFPOINT : O
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MAGFLINEAR : O
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MAGFANISOTROPIC : X
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MAGFPYRAMIDALQUAD : X
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MAGFGAUSSIANQUAD : X

CubeTextureFilterCaps
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MINFANISOTROPIC : X

VolumeTextureFilterCaps

TextureAddressCaps
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_WRAP : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_MIRROR : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_CLAMP : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_BORDER : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_INDEPENDENTUV : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_MIRRORONCE : O

VolumeTextureAddressCaps
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_WRAP : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_MIRROR : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_CLAMP : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_BORDER : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_INDEPENDENTUV : O
D3DPTADDRESSCAPS_MIRRORONCE : O

LineCaps
D3DLINECAPS_TEXTURE : O
D3DLINECAPS_ZTEST : O
D3DLINECAPS_BLEND : O
D3DLINECAPS_ALPHACMP : O
D3DLINECAPS_FOG : O
D3DLINECAPS_ANTIALIAS : X

StencilCaps
D3DSTENCILCAPS_KEEP : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_ZERO : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_REPLACE : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_INCRSAT : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_DECRSAT : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_INVERT : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_INCR : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_DECR : O
D3DSTENCILCAPS_TWOSIDED : O

FVFCaps
D3DFVFCAPS_TEXCOORDCOUNTMASK : O
D3DFVFCAPS_DONOTSTRIPELEMENTS : O
D3DFVFCAPS_PSIZE : O

TextureOpCaps
D3DTEXOPCAPS_DISABLE : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_SELECTARG1 : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_SELECTARG2 : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATE : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATE2X : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATE4X : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_ADD : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_ADDSIGNED : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_ADDSIGNED2X : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_SUBTRACT : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_ADDSMOOTH : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BLENDDIFFUSEALPHA : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BLENDTEXTUREALPHA : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BLENDFACTORALPHA : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BLENDTEXTUREALPHAPM : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BLENDCURRENTALPHA : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_PREMODULATE : X
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATEALPHA_ADDCOLOR : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATECOLOR_ADDALPHA : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATEINVALPHA_ADDCOLOR : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATEINVCOLOR_ADDALPHA : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BUMPENVMAP : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BUMPENVMAPLUMINANCE : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_DOTPRODUCT3 : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_MULTIPLYADD : O
D3DTEXOPCAPS_LERP : O

VertexProcessingCaps
D3DVTXPCAPS_TEXGEN : O
D3DVTXPCAPS_MATERIALSOURCE7 : O
D3DVTXPCAPS_DIRECTIONALLIGHTS : O
D3DVTXPCAPS_POSITIONALLIGHTS : O
D3DVTXPCAPS_LOCALVIEWER : O
D3DVTXPCAPS_TWEENING : X
D3DVTXPCAPS_TEXGEN_SPHEREMAP : O
D3DVTXPCAPS_NO_TEXGEN_NONLOCALVIEWER : X

DevCaps2
D3DDEVCAPS2_STREAMOFFSET : O
D3DDEVCAPS2_DMAPNPATCH : X
D3DDEVCAPS2_ADAPTIVETESSRTPATCH : X
D3DDEVCAPS2_ADAPTIVETESSNPATCH : X
D3DDEVCAPS2_CAN_STRETCHRECT_FROM_TEXTURES : O
D3DDEVCAPS2_PRESAMPLEDDMAPNPATCH : X
D3DDEVCAPS2_VERTEXELEMENTSCANSHARESTREAMOFFSET : O

DeclTypes
D3DDTCAPS_UBYTE4 : O
D3DDTCAPS_UBYTE4N : O
D3DDTCAPS_SHORT2N : O
D3DDTCAPS_SHORT4N : O
D3DDTCAPS_USHORT2N : X
D3DDTCAPS_USHORT4N : X
D3DDTCAPS_UDEC3 : X
D3DDTCAPS_DEC3N : X
D3DDTCAPS_FLOAT16_2 : O
D3DDTCAPS_FLOAT16_4 : O

StretchRectFilterCaps
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MIPFPOINT : X
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MIPFLINEAR : X

VS20Caps.Caps
D3DVS20CAPS_PREDICATION : O
DynamicFlowControlDepth : 24
NumTemps : 32
StaticFlowControlDepth : 4

PS20Caps.Caps
D3DPS20CAPS_ARBITRARYSWIZZLE : O
D3DPS20CAPS_GRADIENTINSTRUCTIONS : O
D3DPS20CAPS_PREDICATION : O
D3DPS20CAPS_NODEPENDENTREADLIMIT : O
D3DPS20CAPS_NOTEXINSTRUCTIONLIMIT : O
DynamicFlowControlDepth : 24
NumTemps : 32
StaticFlowControlDepth : 4
NumInstructionSlots : 512

VertexTextureFilterCaps
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MINFLINEAR : X
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MIPFLINEAR : X
D3DPTFILTERCAPS_MAGFLINEAR : X

any idea of what i can do to make the game run :/

Minimaxima
06-17-2011, 12:55 AM
the bluescreen still coming even after i try to disable my amd overdrive-- i'm not really knowledgeable in overclocking, tbh.

so i go install another win7 on this computer, x86. hoping it will works good.

but i dont wanna take trouble reinstalling AA, do you people have any registry fixer, so that i could play it without reinstalling it?

burkmannen
06-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Hmm, can someone translate this; "Head over to UV and dl upillu2-0502.zip", to be more specific, the head over to UV, part.

@gashbell, found the site not the software, if the only pw i've seen metioned a bunch of times is, jg, if i remember right.

edit* ok found chrmake103 on the site but its a .pat (??) file and no pass on the zip

Inquisitor
06-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Hmm, can someone translate this; "Head over to UV and dl upillu2-0502.zip", to be more specific, the head over to UV, part.
UV means Upper Volta, go here: http://www.uppervolta-3d.net/illusion2/

ok, so i tried everything on the wiki
im unable to run the game
any idea of what i can do to make the game run :/
Update your graphics driver. You should also doublecheck where the game thinks you installed by checking the registry and make sure that there are no characters outside a-z (like for instance ñ) in the path to the game.

Okay dude, I had the same problem before. The 1208 ANSI one. HFpApploc didn't work at all.
No matter what you try you'll never be able to play it unless you change the Jap locale in your very own comp.
So what I did was to install the game and character maker in another comp after changing it to Jap local. (My brother's notebook when he was not at home :P)
After installation was complete, I saved the registry by typing regedit, searched for illusion in HKCU/Software and exported the file.
Installed Inquisitor HF Patch.
Then I copied the whole illusion folder from the notebook to my comp which is using a pirated win 7...I think.
Implanted the registry.
Manually changed the key directory of the AA Play and AA Edit in the registry and tadaa works perfectly for me now.
Have been playing like this for the past 4 days and not a single problem.
Also advise to install Japanese font called 'Meiryo' in case it is not found in your Fonts folder.

This is the only way to play it for those who don't want to change any settings in their own comp or is having serious problem by changing their locale.
I'm sorry that I can't help you with the issue you have with Asian games (reinstall Windows?), but I know that you took the long way around instead of doing a manual copy (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Illusion_Games_How_to_install#Manual_copy) like described on the wiki. However I realize that it was necessary because you needed the registry keys (asap! :P).

The TheShadow will soon release an updated Registry Fixer, but until then here are the keys, in case it might help somebody:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン きゃらめいく"
"VERSION"=dword:00000064

"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン"

To guys having trouble installing: Do yourself a favor and stop thinking that you're the only one that ever experienced problems installing these games. Almost every known workaround is already described in the wiki (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Academy_Technical_Help). It's so few things that you need to know to do it right and all the information is there for you. Save yourself the frustration and spend a few minutes reading it while downloading the game.

burkmannen
06-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Here is the char editor from http://www.uppervolta-3d.net/illusion2/.

Dont know who made it but thx, and thx to Inquisitor for the link and thelulz for showing which value is for breast size (its '00D')

(Hopefully the reason no one did this before was because no one felt like it and not because its against any forum rules, and if any one did somewere else, sorry)

kenny9438
06-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Here is the char editor from http://www.uppervolta-3d.net/illusion2/.

Dont know who made it but thx, and thx to Inquisitor for the link and thelulz for showing which value is for breast size (its '00D')

(Hopefully the reason no one did this before was because no one felt like it and not because its against any forum rules, and if any one did somewere else, sorry)

Do you by chance have the password for the Zip file?

DokEnkephalin
06-17-2011, 03:27 AM
If this game had full yaoi scenes, I would still like the option to keep it limited as it is now in my own game. Gay sex in the halls, that's funny. A full screen view of it, not so much. But hearing the voices of men fucking -- holy shit, I would have to shut it down.

ingrams
06-17-2011, 04:31 AM
oops forgot pass is "jg" (no quotes)

Btw any one that has used this, and has some japanese skills, a, well for some atleast, interesting question.
When choosing a char the lower right button seems to be able to change between defined as male or female, without changing the model? (though havent tried it ingame if it works or crashes)
Atleast the chars are changed between pink and blue, so if any one that can read jp can confirm?

or should i put this in mod discussion forum instead?

tested , not working , character still remain a female

edit : worked but not properly

Inquisitor
06-17-2011, 04:42 AM
Thanks to the awesome modders releasing a bunch of (partial) uncensors I thought it was time to update the patch. Unfortunately there still isn't any female 3D uncensor that looks properly (go-go FutaBoy! lol), so for now you have to make do with either demosaic or a simple uncensor. There is still no full uncensor for this game, so be sure to read the mod descriptions below, so you know what you get!

I also decided to include enter75's awesome Windowed Fullscreen mod, which allows you to run in a window with the game looking like it's in fullscreen. Set the resolution in the game to that of your display and you will realize what this is about.

Artificial Academy HF Patch version 0.5 includes:

Official: Artificial Academy Adjustment Patch by Illusion
English Interface Translation v1.2 (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2989295#post2989295) by Pariah23 & Ryozu Updated!
AA_Play English Launcher 1.00 (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2982514#post2982514) by TheShadow
Help Screen Translations (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350425?p=2983300#post2983300) by Charosan
Full Map Translation (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2986815#post2986815) by feuerdrache
Story Translation (Google mostly) (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350441?p=2993716#post2993716) by DesmondHume, Rikto and Milfeulle (not included in the Recommended components)
The Fleshy Dildo (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2996550#post2996550) by FutaBoy (includes girl demosaic), or New!
Simple Girl Uncensor (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2998598#post2998598) by axia12 (dildo mosaiced) New!
Uncensored Male Dick (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2998980#post2998980) by mhughet (only nude male uncensored) New!
Clothed Male demosaic (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2993819#post2993819) by remere (pubic hair not demosaic'ed)
Windowed Fullscreen (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243186&p=2616280#post2616280) by enter75 New!
Maker: AA_Make English Launcher 1.00A (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/350443?p=2982514#post2982514) by TheShadow

Show your appreciation of the modder's work and click on the links above and then the http://www.hongfire.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation-40b.png button!

Read more and get it here (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=349)

Hecatom
06-17-2011, 05:02 AM
UV means Upper Volta, go here: http://www.uppervolta-3d.net/illusion2/

Update your graphics driver. You should also doublecheck where the game thinks you installed by checking the registry and make sure that there are no characters outside a-z (like for instance ñ) in the path to the game.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with the issue you have with Asian games (reinstall Windows?), but I know that you took the long way around instead of doing a manual copy (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Illusion_Games_How_to_install#Manual_copy) like described on the wiki. However I realize that it was necessary because you needed the registry keys (asap! :P).

The TheShadow will soon release an updated Registry Fixer, but until then here are the keys, in case it might help somebody:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン きゃらめいく"

"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン"
"VERSION"=dword:00000064...

To guys having trouble installing: Do yourself a favor and stop thinking that you're the only one that ever experienced problems installing these games. Almost every known workaround is already described in the wiki (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Academy_Technical_Help). It's so few things that you need to know to do it right and all the information is there for you. Save yourself the frustration and spend a few minutes reading it while downloading the game.

i already have the last drivers for my video card, the game just freeze when it starts on the now loading black screen, i already tried everything on the wiki, not to mention that another few things, im not sure if there is something that im missing :cries::yells:

burkmannen
06-17-2011, 06:26 AM
know this or something similar prolly been asked a bunch of times before, but has any one accually been able to confirm if there is 3p or not? like tried everything or possibly checked the sex anim files to see if there were any?

TheShadow
06-17-2011, 06:57 AM
[Illusion][Registry Fixer][v1.7]
#########################
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=200063&d=1308464918

Q: I got a problem saying "Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)", what should i do ?
A: First read the F*cken readme file (which we spent hours writing it), then install the Micro$oft framework v2.0

This Registry Fixer that is made for all illusions games that i got in my mind and made launchers/tools for.
Currently it support the follow :

Artificial Girl 2
Artificial Girl 3
Artificial Academy /Plat
Artificial Academy /Maker
@Home Mate
@Home Mate [ Esk Mate ]
@Home Mate Special [ Photo Mate ]
@Home Mate Character Figure
Digitown
Hako
RapeLay
Real GirlFriend
Real GirlFriend Special (Botsu)
School Mate
School Mate Sweets
School Mate Sweets Clock
School Mate Sweets Decoration
School Mate 2
School Mate 2 Special
School Mate 2 Digital Mate
Sexy Beach 3
Sexy Beach 3 Plus
Sexy Beach 3 Flash
Sexy Beach 3 Gravure
Sexy Beach Zero
Yuusha - You can´t escape from the Heroine
Yuusha - Digital Botsu

It's possible to contain some errors, however I'm looking forward for feedback.

You can press F11 for manual update check.

You can always press F12 and see the values and export them to help me fixing bugs include helping you in your issue.

==[ How to Install ]==================
1) Run the Registry Fixer
2) Choice the game you want to fix
3) Choice the location of where you have installed the game
4) Run the game

==[ History ]======================
Version 1.7:
- Add Artificial Academy
- Fix @Home Mate Japanese file name
- Improve checking system Version 1.6B:
- Fix @Home Mate Target PP File
- Fix game registry status
- Fix debug missing info
- Improve Update System

The rest of history in the main post

==[ Download ]====================

[Illusion][RegistryFixer] [TheShadow][V1.7] (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/92439-TheShadow-Launchers-No-DVDs-Registry-Fixer-Tools-FAQs?p=2364129#post2364129)

gaiar31
06-17-2011, 07:05 AM
If you have relationship with girl more than 150% and not tell her you love.

continue kiss /Hug /touch her. than you can Sex with her and make her to your "Sexfriend" not "Girlfriend"

Rorinator
06-17-2011, 07:59 AM
know this or something similar prolly been asked a bunch of times before, but has any one accually been able to confirm if there is 3p or not? like tried everything or possibly checked the sex anim files to see if there were any?

What the...?

Stop asking if there is 3P. There is NO 3P!

1. Many already tried to "force" a 3P, but no one successed
2. Illusion NEVER showed a pic of a 3P and hell, just use you common sense - Why should Illusion add such a difficult feature like 3P (You have to make new animations etc. for it) and never advertise it? That would be plain stupid.

So for now, there is definitly NO 3P. Maybe if we get an expansion.

ingrams
06-17-2011, 08:10 AM
i dont know if a position mod is possible , like girl have all boy's positions and boy have all girl's positions or not ?

Jaxwhepee
06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
is there some sort of readme so that i know what to download and install?

bello
06-17-2011, 12:56 PM
I have an interesting bug. If I choose the brow/black shoe skin it is ignored by the program in all indoor locations. The boys wear the white/blue skin and the girls the white/green skin. I play with the AA HF patch. Some words regarding the game. The good thing is the editor, although it is rather limited you can get quite good results when creating different girls.
(I made an ex girlfriend of mine who was really selfish and pretty perverted and it matched the original quite well:hehehe:)I just wish there would be more hair colors, body sizes and different boy faces. The bad thing in my opinion is the easy gameplay and the lack of hard achievements. Once a girl likes me she does everything pose I want. The only way to change this is to make myself a fat, dumb, boring and impotent boy who has slightly fewer chances to get the girls. I somehow miss a target to achieve. I also want to fondle my girls to get them in the right mood. Why the hell they didn't implement this in the game anymore. Hell, I think I played more time withe boobs in the editor than with the sex scenes in the game. So I'm a little dissapointed cause the game engine is quite good but they forgot to make it a game. You can hit me now.
:sweatdrop:

Omnipotent
06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I have an interesting bug. If I choose the brow/black shoe skin it is ignored by the program in all indoor locations. The boys wear the white/blue skin and the girls the white/green skin. I play with the AA HF patch. Some words regarding the game. The good thing is the editor, although it is rather limited you can get quite good results when creating different girls.
That is not a bug. Somebody pointed it out to me that it is part of the culture to take off your shoes and wear school assigned shoes inside.

Yandere
06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
is there some sort of readme so that i know what to download and install?
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Academy

bello
06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
That is not a bug. Somebody pointed it out to me that it is part of the culture to take off your shoes and wear school assigned shoes inside.

That would make sense if they would wear the "school" shoes in every school location. But this isn't the matter. In fact they wear "my" shoes on the baseballfield, tennis court, under the tree, on the gym sideway and in the boys changing rooms. They are barefoot at the swimming pool and the Kendo gym which I can understand.

hmoeller
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
install SP3!
Game runs 100% on my XP Professional SP2 with HF patch & Applocale. As all Illusion games did so far.

nyunyuelf
06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, but I got the full character maker from a different site, but you can't change the install name (to something non-Unicode like AAMaker;it stays in Japanese characters) and when you do it manually (after it's installed) it causes the maker to stop working. This causes problems when trying to use Illusion Wizard and the latest HF patch..is there another one out there? Is there a fix? Please...I just want to play the game again.:cries:

The error I get when trying to change the name to something in english (and then trying to run LOADER.exe) is CONFIG file is missing (but I checked before doing it and the files are EXACTLY the same!!)
so I change it back, and it works fine! I run Windows XP Professional SP3. When I ran the HF Patch ver.05 it causes the game part to stop working. Illusion Wizzard will not work with an install path that has Unicode letters. I hope this explains more.

Omnipotent
06-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, but I got the full character maker from a different site, but you can't change the install name (to something non-Unicode like AAMaker;it stays in Japanese characters) and when you do it manually (after it's installed) it causes the maker to stop working. This causes problems when trying to use Illusion Wizard and the latest HF patch..is there another one out there? Is there a fix? Please...I just want to play the game again.:cries:
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/291339-illusion-Artificial-Academy-Trial-Demo-discussion-%2810.06.11%29?p=2776138#post2776138
Download one of the makers from the first post and see if that works.
I never had any issue changing the install name to something English during the installation process.

Omnipotent
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
It gives you 3 options in installation process; one starts with "M", the other "P", and can't remember the last one, but I still don't have the option to change install name T-T

At one of the install screens you should see a install path. There should be a button next to that lets you change paths. You can use that to install the game to a folder with non japanese text.
I have to redownload my maker, but i will post a screenshot of what I am talking about if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

fink
06-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I still have not had any success regarding the non-displaying text… I even tried installing it on Windows 7… nothing… Sigh…
On the other hand, I find the game to be quite fun…

Could someone make me an empty save game with the name of the school as "Miyako Academy" the Grade as 10, Group or whatever as 1? Thanks in advance…

Omnipotent
06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I still have not had any success regarding the non-displaying text… I even tried installing it on Windows 7… nothing… Sigh…
On the other hand, I find the game to be quite fun…

Could someone make me an empty save game with the name of the school as "Miyako Academy" the Grade as 10, Group or whatever as 1? Thanks in advance…
Year and Class only go up to 9
-edit- Here is a quick save with just enough people to actually get the game to autosave. Just kick the 3 girls out and replace the class with your own.

nyunyuelf
06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
At one of the install screens you should see a install path. There should be a button next to that lets you change paths. You can use that to install the game to a folder with non japanese text.
I have to redownload my maker, but i will post a screenshot of what I am talking about if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

I believe I know which one you are talking about because you get to browse and choose the install destination (every other illusion game I have is like that) but for this one (the character maker) there was no other button, except for the (N)ext button. Did you get your Character Maker from here?

Omnipotent
06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
I believe I know which one you are talking about because you get to browse and choose the install destination (every other illusion game I have is like that) but for this one (the character maker) there was no other button, except for the (N)ext button. Did you get your Character Maker from here?
I did some test. You are getting the M P R screen because you have not uninstalled your current maker. When I uninstalled mine, I got the option to select the install destination.

TheJuan1
06-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Fwiw it's possible to run AA on win xp sp2.

It took a couple of trys but i got it working on win xp sp2.

After you download the game. You might need ms gothic font installed. I don't know if its required because i had ms gothic font installed before playing AA. Use a virtual disc emulator like daemon tools to mount the disc 1 & disc 2. I tried to install from there and also tried HF pApploc and had no success. So I Copied & pasted the contents of both disc to my hard drive. After that i installed from there. Installed the AA no disc patch and got it working. Go to setting and re-size the screen to be full screen for your monitor. If you don't an annoying popup before every conversation will happen.

After everything is running fine, delete the files on your hard drive you copied from mounting disc 1 & disc 2. There is no need for them anymore.

nyunyuelf
06-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I did some test. You are getting the M P R screen because you have not uninstalled your current maker. When I uninstalled mine, I got the option to select the install destination.

You are my HERO!!! I was having errors in Control Panel when trying to uninstall some other Japanese games, so I started manually deleting them from the Programs folder; I thought it deleted it, but I guess not entirely; you helped me out A LOT!!:sweet:

Gave you some rep cuz' this is the SECOND time you've helped me; You deserve it ^^