PDA

View Full Version : <Complete> Rance 2

アザトース
06-10-2011, 08:57 AM
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7708/rance2010.png
We've finally finished Rance 2, and as much as I'd like to make this flashy and contain loads upon loads of unicorns and rainbows I regretfully announce that I think it'd be way out of place so I'll refrain from doing that.
But enough of me being who I am, I present you Rance 2... in English!

The "official" post is located here (http://hgtp.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49), with the download link and further information.

xTsukihime
06-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Nice job.
I also like that it is the 2010-version.

アザトース
06-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Nice job.
I also like that it is the 2010-version.
Thank you.
And yeah, it'd be such a waste to make it the 1990 version when you have the 2010 version available (Even though it was made in 2009, but that's less important).

xTsukihime
06-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Any plans on the other old rance games? lol

アザトース
06-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Any plans on the other old rance games? lol
As a matter of fact, yes. 3, 4 and 6. Oh, and I'm in the same group as zweiterversuch who has another long thread about Rance, if you haven't noticed that already.

sailabc1
06-10-2011, 10:19 AM
You're from zweiter's group then? Thank you very much. Keep up the good work.

Remember to update this thread (https://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/246117-Translating-the-game-Rance-02-the-rebellious-Maidens-.-People-needed!/)made by you guys as well ;)

Hopefully the game ain't too long, I'll want to finish this now ;)

アザトース
06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
You're from zweiter's group then? Thank you very much. Keep up the good work.

Remember to update this thread (https://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/246117-Translating-the-game-Rance-02-the-rebellious-Maidens-.-People-needed!/)made by you guys as well ;)

Hopefully the game ain't too long, I'll want to finish this now ;)
To be honest, I'm not sure whether or not he really cares about that any more, seeing as we have our own forum we post in and a blog which (apparently) gets updated every now and then. Then I think it's more appropriate to post in either this thread or on our forums since the name of the other thread implies that we're not finished, which was right up until just a few hours ago.

But sure, I'll mention that to him and let him take his own decision.

And no, the game isn't too long but it's plenty enjoyable.

futuredark
06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I've been keeping the blog updated (so much as it actually *needs* to be), and am heading over there to update this very minute, in fact.

As a side note, the interest in blog entries has seemed fairly minimal (with most of those who are interested keeping updated here or on HGTP), and I've been using the blog more and more as reference point for downloads and related sites with the occasional update when there's actually significant information to share. Incidentally, if there's an English walkthrough for Rance 2 handy somewhere, that's the next link I'd like to add.

アザトース
06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I've been keeping the blog updated (so much as it actually *needs* to be), and am heading over there to update this very minute, in fact.

As a side note, the interest in blog entries has seemed fairly minimal (with most of those who are interested keeping updated here or on HGTP), and I've been using the blog more and more as reference point for downloads and related sites with the occasional update when there's actually significant information to share. Incidentally, if there's an English walkthrough for Rance 2 handy somewhere, that's the next link I'd like to add.
Myself I've just watched the blog once or twice before we got HGTP, after that I actually thought it was abandoned until Zweiter told me yesterday about some update there. But exactly as you do now, the only updates really needed are those big ones, the rest aren't as important now when we have another place to publish that. We also came to the conclusion that it's good to update that blog either way, even if it's just one person reading it's at least one person more.

For walkthrough: http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_2:Walkthrough

futuredark
06-10-2011, 11:54 AM
For walkthrough: http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_2:Walkthrough

Thank you much... blog's got a new post and links have been updated.

We also came to the conclusion that it's good to update that blog either way, even if it's just one person reading it's at least one person more.

The way I see it, the blog will become much more valuable as more games in the series get translated. As long as it doesn't actually get abandoned, then it will be the easiest resource to look to for downloads and information about the entire series.

アザトース
06-10-2011, 12:00 PM
The way I see it, the blog will become much more valuable as more games in the series get translated. As long as it doesn't actually get abandoned, then it will be the easiest resource to look to for downloads and information about the entire series.
That's true as well. More threads equals harder to find what you're looking for. So you're right, it's probably easier to just check the blog by then.

Tale
06-10-2011, 12:33 PM
awesome job you cant begin to know how long i have waited for another rance you guys rock just to let you know

アザトース
06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
awesome job you cant begin to know how long i have waited for another rance you guys rock just to let you know
Thank you, posts like that is what makes us keep going.

numberseven
06-10-2011, 01:09 PM
AA and Rance 2 in same day... and i have to leave town for two days... damn you, life!

Great thanks for the translation, one of the most appreciated titles for me and its great news that the translation is compete and even greater that you keep working on other Rance titles.

アザトース
06-10-2011, 01:30 PM
AA and Rance 2 in same day... and i have to leave town for two days... damn you, life!

Great thanks for the translation, one of the most appreciated titles for me and its great news that the translation is compete and even greater that you keep working on other Rance titles.
That sounds like a day worth to remember then. At least until next week. I'd probably curse something as well if a day like this came and I were to go somewhere for a couple of days. But I hope you can survive until you get home and get to play both titles.
It feels really good to have this done, and it feels great to know that there are people looking forward to the other titles as well, even though the art may not be as good since they're old games.

Joneleth
06-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the patch!

Does Rance conscience stat do something or is it just a joke? :P

アザトース
06-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the patch!

Does Rance conscience stat do something or is it just a joke? :P
It's just a joke, but I remember it giving me quite a laugh when I first encountered it. I actually tried to load an earlier save and somehow avoid it. I didn't make it.

Hagalaz
06-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Are there any torrents for this game here?

アザトース
06-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Are there any torrents for this game here?
We'd like to support Alicesoft rather than supporting piracy. I hope that answer was good enough.

Though you can get the game either through Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BD%E3%83%95%E3%8 3%88-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B92010/dp/B002PK0KZS) or Getchu (http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=668270).

Hanayome1
06-10-2011, 02:54 PM
The game isn't that long, probably only around 6 hours or so.

Thank you much... blog's got a new post and links have been updated.

Nice to see someone using my walk through ^^
I'll finish part 5 sometime this weekend
I'm currently stuck on the last stage though since I don't remember how to get passed the mansion...

Also, am I allowed to post rance 2 dl link?

muh220
06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Great job !
Looking forward for the next games.

アザトース
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Nice to see someone using my walk through ^^
I'll finish part 5 sometime this weekend
I'm currently stuck on the last stage though since I don't remember how to get passed the mansion...

Also, am I allowed to post rance 2 dl link?
Since you say it's your walkthrough, I guess you're Kyou_kun? (He told me he began that anyway, in April).

And no, you're not allowed to post any links to the original game here in this thread, or on the HGTP forums.

Hanayome1
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Since you say it's your walkthrough, I guess you're Kyou_kun? (He told me he began that anyway, in April).

And no, you're not allowed to post any links to the original game here in this thread, or on the HGTP forums.
Yep, I'm Kyou_kun.
And ok, just making sure.

RogueTranslator
06-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Gahahaha. Good!

アザトース
06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Gahahaha. Good!
That laugh is definitely Rance. If it wasn't, that just means that there are more than one Rance out there. But that other "Rance" may or may not have the same luck with women as the original does.

adssv
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm having problems getting the patch to work. I followed the directions but everything is still in japanese. Is there a missing step in the readme file?

**Nevermind, it finally worked the fourth time I tried it.***

アザトース
06-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm having problems getting the patch to work. I followed the directions but everything is still in japanese. Is there a missing step in the readme file?

**Nevermind, it finally worked the fourth time I tried it.***
Was it too hard to understand or was it just a little fail? (I'm quite worried as there might be a lot of other people having problems with is as well)

jager453
06-10-2011, 07:06 PM
First of all thanks and congrats on finishing the patch!

We'd like to support Alicesoft rather than supporting piracy. I hope that answer was good enough.

Though you can get the game either through Amazon or Getchu.
while I agree with the idea of this, it gets rather ridiculous when you think about it. The price on amazon ends up being about 100 dollars, factor in exchanging currencies and shipping to different continents, and this becomes a huge ordeal costing well over a hundred dollars for a game that's probably not even 10 hours long. Maybe if the game was on playasia or some other store that sells japanese games it would be different, but i just really don't see anyone going through the trouble, let alone enough people to significantly raise alicesoft's profits.

Fenrir91
06-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Was it too hard to understand or was it just a little fail? (I'm quite worried as there might be a lot of other people having problems with is as well)

It wasn't clear, the text with it says to unrar the file in the Rance 2 file and then simply run the patch. What I found I needed to do was to remove the files from the sub-folder within the Rance 2 file that the unrared file makes and then run the patch. It's not that difficult, but it took a few attempts for me to realise to do this as it didn't say to do that in the guide.

アザトース
06-10-2011, 07:15 PM
It wasn't clear, the text with it says to unrar the file in the Rance 2 file and then simply run the patch. What I found I needed to do was to remove the files from the sub-folder within the Rance 2 file that the unrared file makes and then run the patch. It's not that difficult, but it took a few attempts for me to realise to do this as it didn't say to do that in the guide.
Oh god.. I hope people figure that out. And even more, I hope that it just somehow messed up for only you and works fine for the others. Then that probably means that the way the patch works is different from when I tried it and wrote the readme. I apologize for that.

Edit: Damn, I see now that the guy making the file put all the files into a folder, which wasn't there a few hours before when I double checked it. I'll change the file available for download just in case.
Edit2: Added a new link without the extra folder available for download, as well as a short text explaining the problem. I hope that's enough.

slamdunk00
06-10-2011, 08:50 PM
thank alot ^O^ i really like this rance serie

アザトース
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM
thank alot ^O^ i really like this rance serie
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it.

TokiNoKimi
06-10-2011, 09:19 PM
while I agree with the idea of this, it gets rather ridiculous when you think about it. The price on amazon ends up being about 100 dollars, factor in exchanging currencies and shipping to different continents, and this becomes a huge ordeal costing well over a hundred dollars for a game that's probably not even 10 hours long. Maybe if the game was on playasia or some other store that sells japanese games it would be different, but i just really don't see anyone going through the trouble, let alone enough people to significantly raise alicesoft's profits.

It's the standard "covering your ass" disclaimer message. No matter what the translator feels about piracy, they will ALWAYS say that, because encouraging piracy is a very good way for the company to hammer your arse and take down the translation which makes no one happy.

Hanayome1
06-10-2011, 09:52 PM
You'd have to buy it on a third party site since Alicesoft doesn't want their games to get outside of Japan. (Probably to protect themselves if it ever stumbled upon an idiot and have the rapelay case all over again)

jager453
06-10-2011, 10:29 PM
It's the standard "covering your ass" disclaimer message. No matter what the translator feels about piracy, they will ALWAYS say that, because encouraging piracy is a very good way for the company to hammer your arse and take down the translation which makes no one happy.

Usually translators say that when the company has a North American branch, so that they don't hit them with a cease and desist order. However since Alicesoft goes so far as to block people who aren't from Japan from their website, I think it's pretty safe to say they don't give a shit about people playing their games outside Japan.

Littledgn
06-10-2011, 10:51 PM
It says to download the new version, yet...the old one is still up there and there's no clear direction to the new one.
Either way, I'm guessing I'm taking out all the files in the "patch" folder and putting them into the ランス02 folder and running patch.bat
That seems to get the text translated. But the character portraits don't get fully translated. They don't look like the .png files at least. The white text is still in JPN but the text in the blue bar is in ENG.

Frey79
06-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Come on, we have torrents for many AliceSoft games here, so I think it won't hurt to post a torrent to the new version of Rance 2 (original version is avilable for free download at AliceSoft page, but if I understand well, this patch won't be working with it). Yes, we are not allowed to post download links to the stuff released at west, but none of the AliceSoft games was released at USA or UE, as far as I know.

Littledgn
06-11-2011, 02:03 AM
"Look at the dead body then click Take. A ruby will fall out of the dead soldier. "

Having a bit of difficulty here, nothing seems to be happening here. Some event we need to do beforehand?

アザトース
06-11-2011, 05:54 AM
It says to download the new version, yet...the old one is still up there and there's no clear direction to the new one.
Either way, I'm guessing I'm taking out all the files in the "patch" folder and putting them into the ランス02 folder and running patch.bat
That seems to get the text translated. But the character portraits don't get fully translated. They don't look like the .png files at least. The white text is still in JPN but the text in the blue bar is in ENG.
The only difference between the 'old' and the 'new' patch is that the 'new' one does't end up in a folder when extracting it. And it worked totally fine all 8 times I tried the patch (8 installations of the game and 8 installations of the patch) so I don't really have any idea of what was wrong for you.

"Look at the dead body then click Take. A ruby will fall out of the dead soldier. "

Having a bit of difficulty here, nothing seems to be happening here. Some event we need to do beforehand?
I'm not too sure actually since it was a few months ago since I last played through the whole game, but [URL=http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_2:Walkthrough]this walkthrough should help you make it[URL].

Fenrir91
06-11-2011, 09:36 AM
After beating the game I notice that there's a bunch of missing CG's at the end, do you need to go through it twice or are the last bunch of CG's hidden in someway? Does anyone have a complete save file?

Dingled
06-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I've been playing the translated version of Rance 7 and that one is really fun. Maybe if I play your translation of rance 02 I can find out why Rance is how he is :happy: My thanks go out to you and the rest of your group for making this available :sohappy:

Is there any reason why Rance 01 hasn't been translated though?

Ah well, off to buy the game thanks again.

Fenrir91
06-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I've been playing the translated version of Rance 7 and that one is really fun. Maybe if I play your translation of rance 02 I can find out why Rance is how he is :happy: My thanks go out to you and the rest of your group for making this available :sohappy:

Rance 1 was translated, you can get it here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?0j5k9t6ssshxchv

アザトース
06-11-2011, 11:57 AM

Rance 1 is translated. Game available here (http://hgtp.info/r1.html)

Dingled
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Rance 1 is translated. Game available here (http://hgtp.info/r1.html)

Wow, I should really learn how to use the search function huh? :sweatdrop:

luffyboy
06-11-2011, 12:29 PM
HELP IM STUCK AT chapter 5 THE PART WHERE THERE IS PORTAL LIKE MAZE. the one where you have to pull levers and it would teleport you to some other passage. anyone got through that chapter?

salking
06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
is it possible to "buy" the waitress at the pub after ch.1?

and luffyboy, I'm at the same place, just saw the fortune teller masturbating and the only lever in that room led back to the cell.
hmm i think ill make a simple map of the destinations when i continue.

oh and before i forget.
is the original versions cg out there somewhere, i feel like comparing.

Edit:
finished a quick map of the teleport maze in chapter 5.
a bit messy but does the job i think.
numbers with dots after them indicate lever position, those without are where you end up.
H is where you find the fortune teller.
you need to go there again after leaving the corridor to find the life mirror.
the life mirror opens a passage to the boss between 14 and 15. as indicated by the B.

hm should i put the last 3 lines in spoiler tag perhaps...

Tale
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM
i cant get the patch to work i double click patch bat and the cmd windows and i guess it done because it goes away the i run system 35 as admin and then the menus and every is still in japanese so i dont know whats up

Blago
06-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the patch guys!! I've already finished this when it just came out, but it's worth to play it again in english anyway.

i cant get the patch to work i double click patch bat and the cmd windows and i guess it done because it goes away the i run system 35 as admin and then the menus and every is still in japanese so i dont know whats up

What system35? are you talking about the original Rance 2? this is for the remake which came with Alice2010.

The image of the first post is down btw.

Tale
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
the file its in is alice no yukata 456 beside the file it say rance 1 2 3

Blago
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah that's the original Rance 2, the one released back in the 90's, this translation is for the remake which was released on January 2010, it came together with other games in a pack called Alice2010, look for that.

Btw, the first time I got stuck in the intro like an idiot lol, it's so alike the game itself that I thought the patch wasn't working properly hahah

salking
06-11-2011, 04:17 PM
dang it. what the hell am i supposed to do with the sticks on the second floor of shizuka's mansion.
you know the water room...

edit:
nwm figured it out you need to go back to town after checking the book and bookcase and talk to maria.
she'll say that there's something hidden behind the bookcase, after finding the note there check the room with the book again to find the third stake.

TsurugiOni
06-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Arggg, stuck at the part with the succubus. How does one beat her and get the key for Shizuka's Mansion?
:damnit:

*EDIT*
Answered my own quesiton, had to revisit the dry guy to find out about the Ralga's Cat.

salking
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
go and talk to the withered warrior after trying once, he will tell you about a certain items you can get from the cat school girls.
after getting that item you can proceed to fuck the succubus.

SomeLoliCatgirl
06-11-2011, 05:21 PM
The patch fails under English locale, but I knew how this stuff worked, so I renamed the .AIN file, and the GA.ALD file to have English filenames, also renamed the AIN file sitting in the patch directory, then it patched fine.

You also need a huge warning sing saying "Don't use Winrar!" Winrar always mangles Japanese filenames, 7-zip gets it correct.

Also, some text is untranslated (like the Save Confirmation screen)

oya
06-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I have a problem with the door of ralga's mansion, i was sure that the old man told me to knock three times before opening the door, but no matter how many time i knock and try to open the door, i fail miserably. And when i get back to the old man, he doesn't say anything to me...

アザトース
06-11-2011, 06:57 PM
The patch fails under English locale, but I knew how this stuff worked, so I renamed the .AIN file, and the GA.ALD file to have English filenames, also renamed the AIN file sitting in the patch directory, then it patched fine.

You also need a huge warning sing saying "Don't use Winrar!" Winrar always mangles Japanese filenames, 7-zip gets it correct.

Well, when having English locale the game won't even start so I was just assuming that's what everyone had. And I had no idea about Winrar since the people I've talked to (and me of course) use 7-zip. But thanks for the information.

TsurugiOni
06-11-2011, 07:14 PM
@oya,

try knocking twice, search the area once (1), knock once more. The third and final knock should then open the door. The key point, is to take a small "breather" after the second knock, hence search the area.

oya
06-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah it worked, thank you very much ^^.

Hooves
06-12-2011, 02:02 AM

What the heck >.> I use Winrar all the time and it never tampered with my installation of Japanese games, especially about their filenames. Well, I'll just have to find out for myself when I find the time to play this.

Project Jenova
06-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Does anyone know where to find the mother of the little mimic in the shop?

SabertheLion
06-12-2011, 04:22 AM
I use winrar and it worked perfectly fine.

Anyway, thanks for the patch. Just finished the game, was really great. I love it.
Very looking forward to other games from the Rance series.

SabertheLion
06-12-2011, 04:26 AM
Does anyone know where to find the mother of the little mimic in the shop?

Go to the 3rd warp, there is a spiral corridor leading to a corpse. The switch is on the wall that's next to the trap. Search there and you will find it.

gabbytay
06-12-2011, 08:48 AM
How do get inside Shizuka's mansion?

Startdecember
06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi, I've recently installed Alicesoft 2010 using applocale admin settings. I have windows 7, 64 bit. Whenever I try to start the game it immediately crashes. If I start the game from the alicesoft 2010 main exe, it loads to the game select screen, but then no matter what game I pick, it crashes. I have never had problems running a Japanese game before. Do I need to download alicesoft system 4.0? Any ideas how to get the game working?

Startdecember
06-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Heres the details of the crash:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Rance02.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4ad7dcde
Fault Module Name: Sys42VM.DLL
Fault Module Version: 3.0.4.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ac45c43
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004c649
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Hooves
06-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Edit button is for the win.

Makes me believe applocale will not work with this like it doesn't work with many other Japanese games. Have you tried simply changing your locale personally to Japanese then restarting your computer? Locale ID 1033 is still English if I remember correctly, so applocale will not work.

アザトース
06-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi, I've recently installed Alicesoft 2010 using applocale admin settings. I have windows 7, 64 bit. Whenever I try to start the game it immediately crashes. If I start the game from the alicesoft 2010 main exe, it loads to the game select screen, but then no matter what game I pick, it crashes. I have never had problems running a Japanese game before. Do I need to download alicesoft system 4.0? Any ideas how to get the game working?
You'll have to have Japanese unicode when installing game or else the installation will be corrupt.
Sad, but true. I hope that helps. (Also, I have Windows 7, 64bit as well. No problems here). And it'll have to be unicode, locale won't be enough.

SomeLoliCatgirl
06-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I really want to see the source code for arc_conv.exe.

アザトース
06-12-2011, 09:10 PM
I really want to see the source code for arc_conv.exe.
I don't know it since I wasn't the one who made it, sorry. Was there any special reason for asking?

Minimaster69
06-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Great work for the traduction guys !

Just a small question if anyone know; I recently completed the game but i still lack 3 cgs, any idea what it could be ? All 3 are on the 7th page, number 4 7 8. Thanks !

Hooves
06-13-2011, 01:40 AM
I don't know it since I wasn't the one who made it, sorry. Was there any special reason for asking?

Apparently for my virus scanner, there is something in it that forces the scanner to delete it.

zweiterversuch
06-13-2011, 02:05 AM
People you can miss in Rance 02.

The goddess willis. (Lv up over 43)
Kyouko (Last chapter)
Item store girl (chapter 3 only)
The thief girl (chapter 1)
The waitress (Only in during Mill's dungeon)

アザトース
06-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Apparently for my virus scanner, there is something in it that forces the scanner to delete it.
That's weird, what program are you using? I'm using ESET and there are no problems at all for me.
Can't you just disable it while installing or add it as an exception or something? It's just a couple of seconds anyway.

Hanayome1
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Norton deletes arc_conv.exe

Disable Norton. Or any Anti-Virus you're using

アザトース
06-13-2011, 12:17 PM
A new version without as many spelling errors/annoying "it is" and "you are" is now up on the site for download. Same place as the previous versions.

Project Jenova
06-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Great work for the traduction guys !

Just a small question if anyone know; I recently completed the game but i still lack 3 cgs, any idea what it could be ? All 3 are on the 7th page, number 4 7 8. Thanks !

The cgs 4,7 and 8 on the last page are the ones with the shopkeeper, the computer girl and goddes thats lvls you up. You can only get shopkeeper cg while in the dungeon with warp devices.

Avenneh
06-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Maybe I'm an idiot but I have to ask, how do you heal your characters?

EDIT: to clarify, I mean in dungeons, if at all possible. otherwise I'm gonna want to stock up some return to town thingys

アザトース
06-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Maybe I'm an idiot but I have to ask, how do you heal your characters?

EDIT: to clarify, I mean in dungeons, if at all possible. otherwise I'm gonna want to stock up some return to town thingys
Or you just stock up on Seirogans instead. It's easier than going back and forth to town all the time.

Avenneh
06-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Or you just stock up on Seirogans instead. It's easier than going back and forth to town all the time.

Oh man I completely missed those.. *facepalm*
Thanks alot, bought 50^^;

EDIT: Which didnt last very long, got another 250

アザトース
06-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Oh man I completely missed those.. *facepalm*
Thanks alot, bought 50^^;

EDIT: Which didnt last very long, got another 250
Yeah, you burn through them pretty fast, and that's one of the reasons you buy them in bundles (if I remember it right). You wouldn't really bother to buy 500 of them one by one. But good to see that it's going well for you at the very least.

salking
06-15-2011, 03:58 AM
anyone know where i can find the cg for the original rance 2?
or do i have to play through that one to?

kingchonez
06-15-2011, 07:47 AM
can anyone upload a complete save? how do you hit level 43, youch

Blago
06-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Use a macro, you just need to set it up to spam numpad1, slower mouse left click (it must be in the button to start battle), all while holding ctrl, go out to do something and by the time you come back you'll be max lvl already.

ashtonx
06-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Damn awesome :D glad to see you plan doing the rest of games :>

Now all I need is someone to translate daiteikoku and maybe some other alice games :>

Vladis1
06-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Does anybody know how to get the CG with the Item store girl? It's the only one I'm missing (if it is the 4th on page 7)

Thanks in advance!

ashtonx
06-16-2011, 01:17 PM
ok whenever i try to run patch.bat i get something like this:

D:\# ISO\# games\# VN\アリス2010\ランス02>patch.bat
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
0 file(s) moved.
Could Not Find D:\# ISO\# games\# VN\アリス2010\ランス02\patch_tmp
The batch file cannot be found.

D:\# ISO\# games\# VN\アリス2010\ランス02>

and i get runtime error after i try to open the game... installed using applocale

You'll have to have Japanese unicode when installing game or else the installation will be corrupt.
Sad, but true. I hope that helps. (Also, I have Windows 7, 64bit as well. No problems here). And it'll have to be unicode, locale won't be enough.

afaik there's no such thing as japanese unicode, if the game was unicode you wouldn't need to change locale

Freaka
06-16-2011, 03:52 PM
A lot of people mess up when they say japanese unicode, they actually mean you need japanese non-unicode support. The patch, copies the file ランス02.ain and patches the images into ランス02GA.ald. With all those japanese filenames you probably need to ensure to install the game with applocale and unpack the patch.zip with applocale. That said, I uploaded those two files -> http://www.mediafire.com/?njbw31pi7qpisdl it should be enough to extract them and copy them into the rance2 folder overwriting the existing files. It's packed with 7zip, which in contrast to zip support Unicode natively and shouldn't require any applocale.

Edit: Also, thanks alot for the translator to all those involved. I few issues here and there (text not breaking at the line end, some typos), but nothing I found to be gamebreaking.

sailabc1
06-17-2011, 01:14 AM
^^ You need to extract them such that patch.bat and the entire patch content need to be in the same folder as Rance02.exe. Extracting it as the folder "Rance02_english patch" won't do. The contents of "Rance02_english patch" need to be at the root of Rance 02 folder. It's possible this happens coz the Readme just instructs the user to "extract the RAR to Rance 02 folder", blindly doing so will cause the "Rance02_english patch" folder to be put in Rance 02 folder, so the patch files won't be in place.

Which is what I did the first time, you guessed it :giveup:

ashtonx
06-18-2011, 10:12 AM
k i just changed locale, seemed easier and less pain...

i got "good ending" how many endings are there ? seems like i miss 1 cg after my 1st playthrough... i it's yoshikawa machiko

Hanayome1
06-18-2011, 03:48 PM
k i just changed locale, seemed easier and less pain...

i got "good ending" how many endings are there ? seems like i miss 1 cg after my 1st playthrough... i it's yoshikawa machiko

Only one ending

To get her CG, Talk to her and fix her computer

ashtonx
06-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Only one ending

To get her CG, Talk to her and fix her computer

well i've been trying for hours at different parts of stage 6 i don't see her having trouble with pc so i assume i need to trigger something

EDIT: Nevermind, i went through whole dungeon killing whatever again and again when i came she said her computer was broken, before that i was going through city etc but it didn't happen, guess getting some xp helped.

Toran Kei
06-21-2011, 03:07 AM
I can't get to Machiko's event.
What is needed to make her computer break :(?

ashtonx
06-21-2011, 12:53 PM
I can't get to Machiko's event.
What is needed to make her computer break :(?

last stage, and it happens at random, you go to machiko and talk to her if she asks you to repair computer you're set, if she doesn't you go to dungeon, explore, kill loot whatever you can, come back and try again.... trying goin in and out of info stor ain't working, wasted an hour on that

I left right before battle with shizuka, and there was nothing, i returned to tungeon, explored every damn tile, killed as much as i could looked everywhere, insulted all monsters etc.. came back to info store and she spoke of broken computer.

Toran Kei
06-21-2011, 11:44 PM
I grind and grind and grind to lvl 56 and it still doesn't happen :(.
Think I might ragequit soon :(.

inspectorkel
06-22-2011, 04:50 AM
I also couldn't get the CG for machiko, i do the whole process from level 40-70 yet it didn't appear.
Is Machiko will keep telling fortune if the event didn't occur?

ashtonx
06-22-2011, 09:36 AM
yeah, she'll keep telling fortune, anyway i cleared her when my level was above 100 =_=;

i rage quited many times and thought it was impossible... anyway, like i said i went to the dungeon, looked everywhere, insulted killed all mobs, came back and it happened... google translate to japanese guide says it happens at random... one thing i'm sure it's not gonna happen if you just keep returning to her without going to dungeon. wasted an hour on that..

AkiraTepes
07-05-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm missing the last CG on page 6 and the first one on page 7. How do I get them?

Hanayome1
07-05-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm missing the last CG on page 6 and the first one on page 7. How do I get them?

During Chapter 6, when you get to Shizuka's mansion there's a shop that allows you to buy the whip and rope you were unable to buy during Chapter 1.

Buy them and then go to Camp > Sil > Assault Sil > Be Gentle > Use: Rope > Use: Whip.

Then you'll get the CGs

Regless
07-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Ummm... so you can't level after you get those scene with the level goddess? She is none to pleased with me right now...

JCAll
07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Okay, beat the game, got all the CGs...awesome...but I'm stuck at 46/47 of the character art.
Is there a list so I can find out which one I'm missing and how I missed it?

bapuk5
07-15-2011, 03:10 PM
is there any english pacth??

Hanayome1
07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
is there any english pacth??

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8r4p5tf0dy78bfi

xypers
07-21-2011, 06:26 PM
i downloaded the whole alice2010 and uploaded only rance2010 :D
click here (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/379293-Alicesoft-%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%EF%BC%90%EF%BC%92-405MB)

sailabc1
07-21-2011, 10:53 PM
DO NOT post direct download links in the discussion threads please (especially if they're paying sites). Even if you're trying to help, create a DDL thread of your own (after getting 30 posts) then post the thread link here. Due to excessive DDL spamming doing such a thing quickly gets you banned.

Blago
07-22-2011, 08:43 AM
http://www.hgtp.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63

People from Germany, help him please!

Edit: now that I think about it, you don't even need to be from Germany lol, I'll do it but I won't buy anything.

Hanayome1
07-22-2011, 11:30 AM
I'd help out but I'm completely out of money after getting my laptop fixed >.>

dirtyxmind
07-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Okay, beat the game, got all the CGs...awesome...but I'm stuck at 46/47 of the character art.
Is there a list so I can find out which one I'm missing and how I missed it?

Hello!
You probably missed one of the scenes character with Nay (Thief girl during chapter 1)... The one where she holds a Cup of wine... just try to start a new game and this time help her at the first chance without bullying her...

I already finished this game and got almost all CGs except for the infamous Machiko CG (Computer girl)... i already tried more than 100 Times going to the Maze, fighting a little and then returning, but i don't get the Event of the Broken Computer... i also made Goddess Willis upset, so i can't Level up anymore... Can i still get the Event without Leveling up? Please let me know...
I just wish that the odd for this event will be a little better...

Thank you for your kind attention!

JCAll
07-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Hello!
You probably missed one of the scenes character with Nay (Thief girl during chapter 1)... The one where she holds a Cup of wine... just try to start a new game and this time help her at the first chance without bullying her...
No, I have that one. I ran through them all real fast and wrote the ones I have down. Can you compare it to yours for me:

Rance
Sil
Sil (being teleported)
Maria (in white dress)
Maria (in labcoat)
Maria (in hardhat)
Ran (transparent)
Ran (real)
Shizuka
Milly
Milly (naked)
Adult Mill
Ragishss
Cith
Cith (with flowers)
Mayor
Machiko
Kyouko
Waitress
Tomato-Puree (itemshop girl)
Rose (priestess)
Whithered old knight guy
Sucubus
Girl with camera
Naked red head and blue-haired girls
King Dragon
Devil
Bird
Bird (one arm)
Mummy
Thief Girl (in bar)
Thief Girl (beat up in maze)
Living Statue
Maria (with Tulip #1)
Maria (with Tulip #2)
Little Fortune-Teller Girl from Chapter 3
Random Girl from the office in Chapter 6
Ran (in office)
Light-blue haired girl without pants
Dark-blue haired girl
Red headed girl
Hanny bartender
Cith and the Mayor
Little Mill and Milly (in shop)
Kyoko and Machiko

I already finished this game and got almost all CGs except for the infamous Machiko CG (Computer girl)... i already tried more than 100 Times going to the Maze, fighting a little and then returning, but i don't get the Event of the Broken Computer... i also made Goddess Willis upset, so i can't Level up anymore... Can i still get the Event without Leveling up? Please let me know...
I just wish that the odd for this event will be a little better...

Thank you for your kind attention!

Have you gone through the conversation options each time you visited? She doesn't just ask when you come in, you have to ask her about work or something.

dirtyxmind
07-26-2011, 10:32 AM
No, I have that one. I ran through them all real fast and wrote the ones I have down. Can you compare it to yours for me:

Rance
Sil
Sil (being teleported)
Maria (in white dress)
Maria (in labcoat)
Maria (in hardhat)
Ran (transparent)
Ran (real)
Shizuka
Milly
Milly (naked)
Adult Mill
Ragishss
Cith
Cith (with flowers)
Mayor
Machiko
Kyouko
Waitress
Tomato-Puree (itemshop girl)
Rose (priestess)
Whithered old knight guy
Sucubus
Girl with camera
Naked red head and blue-haired girls
King Dragon
Devil
Bird
Bird (one arm)
Mummy
Thief Girl (in bar)
Thief Girl (beat up in maze)
Living Statue
Maria (with Tulip #1)
Maria (with Tulip #2)
Little Fortune-Teller Girl from Chapter 3
Random Girl from the office in Chapter 6
Ran (in office)
Light-blue haired girl without pants
Dark-blue haired girl
Red headed girl
Hanny bartender
Cith and the Mayor
Little Mill and Milly (in shop)
Kyoko and Machiko

Have you gone through the conversation options each time you visited? She doesn't just ask when you come in, you have to ask her about work or something.

Hello JCAll!

Well i have another pic after the Hanny Bartender... a yellow? monster at a seat of the Pub...
I am not sure, but to get this one, after you Help Nay without bullying her, return to the Pub and Talk to Nay, explore every option at the Pub... i think is one of the options that involves the owner...
If this doesn't work, try again after you get the frog earring and you give it to Nay...
again, if this doesn't work, try after you are asked to find the Evaporation Fruit...
Like i said i am not sure when exactly, but at one of the mentioned times you will see the Yellow? Monster.

About Machiko, i though i only have to Talk to her... i will try asking things now also... i will try a little more before i give up...

I hope you will find the info useful, and Thanks for the Machiko comment!

JCAll
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Hello JCAll!

Well i have another pic after the Hanny Bartender... a yellow? monster at a seat of the Pub...
I am not sure, but to get this one, after you Help Nay without bullying her, return to the Pub and Talk to Nay, explore every option at the Pub... i think is one of the options that involves the owner...
If this doesn't work, try again after you get the frog earring and you give it to Nay...
again, if this doesn't work, try after you are asked to find the Evaporation Fruit...
Like i said i am not sure when exactly, but at one of the mentioned times you will see the Yellow? Monster.

About Machiko, i though i only have to Talk to her... i will try asking things now also... i will try a little more before i give up...

I hope you will find the info useful, and Thanks for the Machiko comment!

Thanks. I had a feeling this would happen, so I kept plenty of backup saves. I reload some of them and see if I can find someone in the pub.

evilmaycry238
07-28-2011, 02:34 AM
i downloaded the whole alice2010 and uploaded only rance2010 :D
click here (http://www.wupload.com/file/57101921/%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%EF%BC%90%EF%BC%92.rar)
Damn! You're the man! U just made my day! I've really appreciated it!

xypers
07-29-2011, 08:53 PM
DO NOT post direct download links in the discussion threads please (especially if they're paying sites). Even if you're trying to help, create a DDL thread of your own (after getting 30 posts) then post the thread link here. Due to excessive DDL spamming doing such a thing quickly gets you banned.
i did what you told me to do :)
the link to the thread is this: click here (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/379293-Alicesoft-%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%EF%BC%90%EF%BC%92-405MB)

Damn! You're the man! U just made my day! I've really appreciated it!
no problem :D

edit: i uploaded all rance's games and extracted some games from their respective alice game pack and repacked everything in only 7.31 GB

this is the topic i made: click (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/381599-Rance-Collection!?highlight=rance+collection)

bilnity
08-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the wondeful translation. Good luck with your another translation project!(especially with another rance project)

kirainai
08-09-2011, 11:26 AM
someone knows the rance 3 translation status? thansk for the hard work guys ;)

Blago
08-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Currently halted, I think almost fully translated, partially edited but lacking translator to finish it.

Fenrir91
08-09-2011, 02:19 PM
someone knows the rance 3 translation status? thansk for the hard work guys ;)

Its status is stalled.

Hanayome1
08-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Just saying this but, both 3 and 4 were being worked on at the same time.

kirainai
08-10-2011, 03:02 PM
i see on their site they have one member of the team out because its computer its dead .

Hanayome1
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
i see on their site they have one member of the team out because its computer its dead .

Yes, which is the team leader who is also the translator.

anbarry
08-17-2011, 02:15 AM
thx so much...

anbarry
08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
thx so much...

hyunxt
09-05-2011, 05:45 AM
anyone here have a save with the cgs??
thanks

junwoodrow
01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
I've downloaded the files and extracted them...but when I open the game something like 'alicesoft.ini' error occurs everytime.

Can someone help me, I'm a noob at computers...I need steps/directions. Thanks in advance~

SomeLoliCatgirl
01-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Either use Applocale, or set your system locale to Japanese. See the Sticky thread (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/328830-How-to-run-Japanese-games-%28AppLocale%29) for more details.

junwoodrow
01-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I already have AppLocale installed and clicked 'Run with Japanese AppLocale as Administrator'... and still the same error appears~ :(

Chrizzly
01-23-2012, 02:01 AM
I already have AppLocale installed and clicked 'Run with Japanese AppLocale as Administrator'... and still the same error appears~ :(

Did you use AppLocale for the installation, too?

junwoodrow
01-23-2012, 02:48 AM
Umm, it was already in .RAR when I extracted it, I can't find the installer for this game unfortunately.

So I have to use AppLocale in the installation process...no wonder AppLocale's Magic fails. LOL :D
~~~~~~~
Gotta try other download links from google, hoping to get lucky~

Chrizzly
01-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Umm, it was already in .RAR when I extracted it, I can't find the installer for this game unfortunately.

So I have to use AppLocale in the installation process...no wonder AppLocale's Magic fails. LOL :D
~~~~~~~
Gotta try other download links from google, hoping to get lucky~

You need to run Winrar (or whatever tool you use to unpack .rar files) with AppLocale - otherwise Names of files and folders might get changed so the programm might not be able to find those files later.
I don't know about a preinstalled version of Rance2, though.

fukae
01-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Anyone can reshare this (the 2010 patched version) since the many providers are dead?

Fateweaver
01-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Nopes. No sharing of commercial works here, but you WILL have better luck searching for "rance collection" at nyaatorrents.

yunis
01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
thank you very much for this translation guys.
I'll get on it soon ^^

MrPanda
01-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Hello,

Thank you very much for the traduction

Keep up the good work !

mothernight
10-17-2012, 11:52 AM
アザトース
Sorry but provided link show error (Server not found). Is there any other way to get that patch. I tried to get it but failed on whole line.

sailabc1
10-18-2012, 07:05 AM
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=Rance+02+English+patch&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&redir_esc=&ei=YQGAUO-zLaTsiAeppYHgDw#hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-US%3AIE-SearchBox&sclient=psy-ab&q=Rance+02+English+download&oq=Rance+02+English+download&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i22.351592.352659.0.352827.8.7.0.0 .0.0.524.524.5-1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.bR3pEt2m1qk&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=7a86c48812e6aa2b&bpcl=35440803&biw=1280&bih=831

That's all I can give you. Can't give you direct link coz the place that gives you this patch also gives you the full game in the same package.

supervamp
10-22-2012, 11:46 PM
is there any chance theres a link to only the patch of rance 02 and a link to the update for the widenyoyo game.
I already downloaded alice 2010 and theres no point in redownload rance 2 again and there isn't a proxy that lets get passed alicesoft's xenophobia.

sailabc1
10-23-2012, 01:25 AM
For Widenyo update: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/131972-AliceSoft-Widenyo-Discussion-Thread

If no one else does, perhaps I'll re-up that Rance 2 patch sometime soon.

fullhellse
11-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I've heard of this remake but never got through it, but DAAAAAAAAMN!!, I just got the partial translation of Rance Quest, but now I downloaded this awesome remake, And I don't know what I do with my free time... :notagain2: I also have Daiteikoku with the partial translation as well, and I want to play them all... I'm seriouly thinking of quitting my job to have more available time!

Alice Soft, Y U DO THIS TO ME !? :why:

supervamp
11-17-2012, 06:38 PM
any updates on that patch?

sailabc1
11-18-2012, 12:29 AM
My bad, I totally forgot about this. Uploaded now.

Mirrorcreator link for Rance 02 English Patch (http://mir.cr/0T4BURMO)

PASS:

I also wanted to upload to my personal sendspace account like the RQ updates but AliceSoft has a thing for taking down translations... So won't do that yet.

As always, disclaimer: No credit taken. Game by AliceSoft. Translation by (the now defunct?) HGTP. Blah blah.

supervamp
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
My bad, I totally forgot about this. Uploaded now.

Mirrorcreator link for Rance 02 English Patch (http://mir.cr/0T4BURMO)

PASS:

I also wanted to upload to my personal sendspace account like the RQ updates but AliceSoft has a thing for taking down translations... So won't do that yet.

As always, disclaimer: No credit taken. Game by AliceSoft. Translation by (the now defunct?) HGTP. Blah blah.

yay also lol@password.

yunis
11-23-2012, 02:33 AM
oups I finished it ages ago and forgot.

thank you very much that was some good play there, young Rance is awesome ^^

RumbleKidRemi
01-19-2013, 01:17 PM
thnx for the translation cant wait to play it :D

IloveJAVgirls
04-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi :)

I've just installed the game, but the english patch isn't working. I'm trying to play it from ALICE2010 DVD, but even patched, the Rance 2 is still running in japanese.

After installing the game, I copy these files from the DVD to Rance 2 folder: ランス02.ain, ランス02.alm, ランス02BA.ald, ランス02BA.bgi, ランス02GA.ald, ランス02WA.ald and ランス02WA.wai since they aren't automatically copied after the installation. After that, I paste the patch(patch folder and patch.bat) and execute patch.bat. The CMD windows shows up as black, but I think it work, since it create ランス02GA.bak and ランス02.bak with altered sizes(ランス02GA.ald 135,415kb/ランス02GA.bak 135,927kb and ランス02.ain 417kb/ランス02.bak 355 kb). No error occurs, but again, the game still japanese.

Anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

EDIT: Forget about it. It happens that the intro isn't translated. This is really disappointing. They should have included that in the english patch .txt file. That intro looks to have something important to do with the game and not being able to read it gives a feeling of 'loss' in the game.

sailabc1
04-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Forget about it. It happens that the intro isn't translated. This is really disappointing. They should have included that in the english patch .txt file. That intro looks to have something important to do with the game and not being able to read it gives a feeling of 'loss' in the game.

The intro was a movie. They can't include that in the script.

Hardsubbing could have been an option, though...

jartsi
04-30-2013, 01:29 AM
Hey, moogy revealed in chat with him that the translation team used the original 1990 script rather than the rewritten which can be actually found from the subdirectory of alicesoft2010, there's a file you copy paste to rance 02 folder, it has according to moogy minor gameplay changes and completely rewritten script.

The translation team wasn't aware of this or preferred the original script?

JCAll
05-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey, moogy revealed in chat with him that the translation team used the original 1990 script rather than the rewritten which can be actually found from the subdirectory of alicesoft2010, there's a file you copy paste to rance 02 folder, it has according to moogy minor gameplay changes and completely rewritten script.

The translation team wasn't aware of this or preferred the original script?

Does that mean someone could port the translation back into the original?