PDA

View Full Version : Anime with sad ending

Anatasia
12-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Could anyone tell me some anime with sad ending like main char die in the end or something like that? ^_^
Thanks

BlondeDevil
12-12-2005, 08:24 AM
samurai X AKA rurouni kenshin.

well... he did not died in the series... but he died in the OVA, the last Ova...

does that count?

eMKa
12-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Defienetely Chrno Crusade,Elfen Lied,Noir,Utena and Gunslinger Girls are my top sad anime types:p
Also look here(you will find more sad titles there):
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10373&highlight=anime
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20802&highlight=anime

MoshiMoshiMenchi
12-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Does Cowboy Bebop count?

Maybe this should have like...spoiler warnings or something?

Fanin
12-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Aside from the ones mentioned above, the only one I can think of right now is E's Otherwise.

I don't remember any main character died in Elfen Lied. Didn't Lucy come back to Kouta's house, or was that an illusion :confused:

akaanime
12-12-2005, 08:44 AM
now why do you want to know about sad anime where the main characters dies?

That make me remember about the painful times...so sad.

Rurouni Kenshin: the scenery, the moment before his death, the mark on his cheek, the love. Everything fit perfectly. So damn sad, especially the moment where Kaoru walk out of the house towards the cherry blossom trees and Kenshin slowly, trying to walk back to the place where they called home. Okaeri...Shinta, tadaima Kaoru.... *Burst into tears*

Chrno Crusade: it was sad at the last part where they both died.

Elfen Lied: Who died, the main girl(Lucy) didn't die. But the other guy and his daughter did.

Sad titles are so sad, it leave you with such a painful yet warm feeling in your heart.

Gunslinger Girl: The main girl didn't die. But someone did

willieload
12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
man i though elfien lied had a said ending :( i didn't think that was gonna happen :(

man that was a good anime

Karin
12-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Saikano ~_~
Chrno Crusade
Iriya no sora, UFO no natsu

anime boy
12-12-2005, 10:04 AM
well for me is air cause i dont know why but i dont know why he become bird but that girl when she cries is so sad man

Cold_WarZ
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Gungrave have a sad ending =x

Fusilier
12-12-2005, 02:56 PM
man i though elfien lied had a said ending :( i didn't think that was gonna happen :(

It did? Don't tell me I'm THIS desensitized to things!

The last part didn't make it very sad for me at all...

Anatasia
12-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks everyone.
I'll make sure that i never watch them ^_^
"Final Fantasy: the spirit within" is the first movie i watch with sad ending it made can't sleep for 2 day and the next is "chrno crusade", so i want to advoid download them ^_^

Murrowboy
12-12-2005, 10:38 PM
DBZ!!!! At the end of GT Goku's gone.. for GOOD!

kingkai
12-12-2005, 11:02 PM
If i remember correctly ... the
happy ending works best to please an audience ...
but a Sad ending however could lead to a continuation
or a movie .... to prolong its exsistance .......

_ - _

WARMASTER
12-12-2005, 11:33 PM
A crap-sad ending.... mmm actually, i cant think of anyone, at least not in manga (i dont read much manga)

but i do remember some sad endings from anime

REMI, for example.. the WHOLE series was sad, and the ending made you feel WORST.

honestly, who here didnt cry when the old man died and remi was forced to move along for himself and the crap-dogs?

but when he finally reunites with her mother... truly a heartbreaking ending.

Fusilier
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
but a Sad ending however could lead to a continuation
or a movie .... to prolong its exsistance .......

Or the story could just end if it ends in death, ala Warhammer.

willieload
12-13-2005, 03:13 PM
DBZ!!!! At the end of GT Goku's gone.. for GOOD!

i didn't think the end of GT was all that sad or even all that surprising .. i saw it comming . i also didn't like GT as much as Z

willieload
12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
It did? Don't tell me I'm THIS desensitized to things!

haha no i just though when she kissed him at the end and then when off and got shot that was pretty sad

orka
12-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Berserk... cus there was supposed to be a second season, then the series got cancelled due to the fact that the author didn't like the anime.

Thus anime leaves you at a really weird position.

Fusilier
12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
haha no i just though when she kissed him at the end and then when off and got shot that was pretty sad

Oh,I just thought that the soldier guys were too dumb to use things like M-14s and FALs then :p

Shybal Noom
12-13-2005, 09:27 PM
ummm... how on earth is gunslinger girl a sad ending? angelica goes to sleep at the end... she doesnt die, just sleeping. GO READ THE MANGA!!!
lol
anyways, i have to say saikano was thy saddest. followed by gundam Zeta. the main character goes crazy at the end... what the hell, he was cool too!
lol
after follows gungrave, the glorious church crusaders of ww2(aka chrno crusade), and just for kicks and giggles aishiteruze baby. yuzuya's mom doesnt go back to her at the end... thats kinda sad, in a way...
lol

-3 lol's in this post-

painsama
12-13-2005, 09:53 PM
No one mentioned Texhnolyze yet... Sad ending.

GiGaMoG
12-14-2005, 02:49 AM
Saikano has the saddest endingPoor Chise, she died in sadness
Elfen Lied has the BEST ending (We don't know if Lucy died or not)
FullMetal AlchemistEdward is really dead, but if we think of it. His life is no longer in the World he lived in. Tha should counts as death
AIR (T.T) I almost cried...everyone watched air should, too...

and FOR GOD SAKES! please use the Spoiler tag when you saying the contents!
How? (spoiler) blablabla (/spoiler) Replace ( ) with [ ]

Nikaido86
06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I can't believe that noone's said Figure 17

najica
06-30-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm sure that ひぐらしのなく頃に アニメ will be the sad end.

Neko Kagome
06-30-2006, 06:45 PM
i say AIR is a really sad ending...THE MAIN CHARACTER DIES! *cries* i say everyone should watch it, its a reall good anime~ >^.^<

Keade
06-30-2006, 08:12 PM
I can't believe you forgot Hotaru No Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) :p

xandman
07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
haha, actually i don't like sad endings. But, the thing with anime is that you never know when an anime got a sad ending or not, haha. I can't remember many sad endings since i don't like them, so they're ignored :P But maybe Kimi Wa Nozumo Eien or whatever it's called, i don't even know why i watched it. And also the ending from the hentai Bible Black was kinda sad, haha

Libbychocolate
07-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I think Cardcaptor is kinda sad...>.>

BlackStar
07-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Berserk for sure even though it was left unfinished, what happened at the end (whether it be the end or other parts of an anime) I cant stand. that anime made me so upset. Kimi Wa Nozumo Eien is depressing too for a romance, imo at least. Alot of anime's have sad endings, If it's classified as Drama there is a strong chance of having a sad ending.

son
07-04-2006, 05:42 AM
tsukihime has a sad ending too.

Altimit87
07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Tsukihime, AIR and Saishu Heiki Kanojo....

moogleking
07-04-2006, 09:57 AM
AIR
samurai X
Saikano
Tsukihime

MrWiseman
07-04-2006, 11:05 AM
*WARNING: SPOILERS FOR ALL SORTS OF ANIME*

I'll add Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai.

Excellent, now I can make a list of the anime to avoid. So far we've got:

Air
Aishiteruze Baby
Berserk
Card Captor Sakura
Chrno Crusade
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied?
Figure 17
FullMetal Alchemist
Gundam Zeta
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girls
Hotaru No Haka (AKA Grave of the Fireflies)
Iriya no sora, UFO no natsu
Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai
Noir
Remi
Rurouni Kenshin (AKA Samurai X)
Saikano
Saishu Heiki Kanojo
Texhnolyze
Tsukihime
Utena

Just avoid crappy endings. Sadly this leaves you with less than half of anime.

BTW, regarding Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien:It doens't have too sad an ending, but it's just a piece of **** elsewhere, don't watch it unless you like feeling bad and wasting time.

Keade
07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Noir?
You can remove it from you list, it doesn't have a sad ending at all...

ntz
07-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, IMO Aishiteruze Baby shouldn't be included. Is still has good ending. Gunslinger Girl also. Though sometimes I thought that this has a sad ending but if you watch it carefully it hasn't that kind of ending :) . While the others I agree. Mmm... if you want to add more perhaps Fate/Stay Night can also included... though it also has happy part of ending. :neko: :neko: