PDA

View Full Version : Help, I can't decide! Soul Calibur 3 or Tekken 5?

Skizzem
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/29/19832588-f8e5-4c7f-93b1-7fe8744fc7e9.gif or http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/30/04318a93-f1ab-4b2a-9489-83c0b17b1482.gif

I've been thinking about buying these Namco games for a while now but I really want to know which one will be my money's worth. I've done some research on these two games already and both seem appealing despite the flaws that they have (then again, no game is ever perfect). Just to note, I do own their previous installments: Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur II. And although I would be considered the "casual gamer" I do play a lot more than most people think and I am pretty patient when it comes to mastering moves, unlocking things (that's half the fun anyway), and trying over and over again to defeat the hard-ass bosses.

The thing that got me wondering though is that there's a Tekken 5 "Dark Resurrection" upgrade, which is currently for the arcades, but does anyone know if it'll be released on the consoles, too? This may be a deciding factor on whether or not I'll purchase Tekken 5... because I surely won't want to waste my money on something that'll have an upgrade in the very near future.

So I ask again, Soul Calibur III or Tekken 5? :o

Vy Low
12-30-2005, 12:11 PM
You can always try renting both games first from a rental store like blockbuster or game fly.com that way you can always get your moneys worth when you finally decide to make a choice on which game to buy either Soul Calibur 3 or Tekken 5 ^ ^

wyze
12-30-2005, 12:21 PM
if u see urself as a "casual gamer" then i say go with sc3 as the replay value is quite high and there is a hefty amount of modes and content to unlock. both games have the character customization feature but by comparison, t5's is utter crap(if it were like virtua fighters character customization system then it would've at least stood somewhat of a chance.)

however if u r a serious competitive fighting game player and play at ur local arcade, sc3 is pretty much broken. certain glitches and bugs exposed within the first week of release has pretty much deemed the game unplayable among serious high level players. tekken 5 has it's fair share of problems as well, if i recall correctly steve and nina were way to powerful in t5 so they had to create 5.1 then t5:dr(don't know if there's gonna be a console release, wait for more replies. imho i don't think so.) t5 also promotes arcade comp through it's cabinet design being compatable with memory cards and ps controllers(no more 8!7c#ing bout screwed up sticks!)

so in conclusion if u consider urself a casual gamer then go for sc3. t5 only if ur hardcore about the series or play at ur local arcade(don't know bout ur local area but practically every arcade round my local has a t5 cabinet so maybe that says something about it's popularity in arcades.) screw all that stuff i said bout glitches and what not, if u don't play or aspire to play on a serious competitive level then it most likely won't apply to u. hey in the case u still can't decide u can always spend it on something else.

Skizzem
12-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm still vassilating as to which one to buy but I seem to be more inclined towards Soul Calibur III now. (Thanks wyze, lol) I may buy Tekken 5 also but perhaps later when I find out whether T5: DR will be officially ported to the console or not. Besides, I hear that Namco will be producing a Tekken for the PS3 game lineup, which is something to look forward to upon purchasing the next-gen console for the first time.

Vy Low, your suggestion to rent the games is helpful but unfortunately I don't have a subscription to any rental stores (believe it or not) and I doubt I'll be registering to one any time soon. If anything, I'd probably go out and buy a used copy of the game(s) for a cheaper price. :o

Karis Fra Mauro
12-30-2005, 07:30 PM
I haven't tried Tekken but find Soul Caliber 3 really fun. The strategy mode is sort of lame, and I can see how serious players (which I am not) would be troubled by the ease with which button mashing can succeed, but all in all a very good game. Tons of stuff to unlock, nice little mission modes (my favorite is fighting the big statue), lots of cute girls... Too bad there's no online play available, but maybe they'll fix that next time. Definite thumbs up.

wyze
12-30-2005, 08:15 PM
The strategy mode is sort of lame, and I can see how serious players (which I am not) would be troubled by the ease with which button mashing can succeed, but all in all a very good game.
ur right about the button mashing, which is one of the reasons sc players r looked down upon by the majority of the fighting game community. its funny how some sc players return this attitude to doa players lol. chalk it up to elitist attitude(not speaking for all fighting gamers so don't flame me!) anyways to elaborate on what u stated it's not just the mashing, the real reason the game is unbalanced in high level play is due to various bugs and glitches one being the infamous [g]2,2 bug(dubbed variable canceling). one way of applying variable cancel is upon getting guard impacted(hold guard, press down, down.) guard impacting is a technique which attempts to balance the game by rewarding frame advantage upon reflecting ur opponents attacks(forward+guard, back+guard, etc.) guard impacting is something all characters can execute and is a way to put a halt to ur opponents aggressive style of play/predictable strings/moves. the variable cancel bug basically renders guard impact useless. usually guard impacting a move yields u frame advantage which u can use to snag a free hit on ur opponent(unless the opponent executes guard impact themselves to break out of stun to counter ur move.) however if u variable cancel upon being guard impacted then u will gain frame advantage instead which equals free hit for getting guard impacted(it just basically switches it around, now instead the player executing the guard impact is at a disadvantage. and it can't be countered in any way.) other bugs/glitches include variable canceling throws which allow u to deliver damage after landing certain throws or a throw when ur opponent is behind u. after executing the throw u can variable cancel and break the animation of the throw and deliver choice attacks to ur helpless opponent. also in addition to all of this some characters r just way too strong.....godly even. however like i stated earlier all of these things r only exploited in high level play so if u don't know how to exploit these things then no worries enjoy the game.

Skizzem
12-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Hmm, if that bug is still present in the game then maybe it'll help me get through the AI fights a lot better. Besides, I don't really find myself challenging human players anytime soon... don't really know where I could find such players anyway. (At my college campus maybe, who knows...?) But I have to admit the guard impact move isn't as easy IMO (at least on SC:2).. Especially if I were to compare it to DOA's, the guard impact move actually takes a bit of skill, timing, and some luck. Either those or I'm probably the worse Soul Calibur player you've ever seen, hehe! :o

wyze
12-30-2005, 09:07 PM
sc3 returned to the original sc way of guard impacting which is executed in four directions for mid/high/low attacks while sc2 just had forward+g to counter mid/high and back+g to counter mid/low.

also don't worry about being the worst, hey u haven't seen me play yet.....or maybe thats just me being modest lol i'm kidding of course. i'm not that good and i don't know much about the game compared to the common sc fighting game community member.

AfricanAnime
12-30-2005, 11:14 PM
I just ordered the PAL-verson of SC3 for my japanese PS2. If only this was on-line compactible... This would be a HIT game....

sum1
12-31-2005, 12:56 AM
heres my advice Skizzem if you want go buy SCIII then download t5 and burn it or get a pirated version of the game(you need a mod chip for both downloading ang buying pirated games). that is what i do most of the time, i buy the really important ones and the rest are either pirated versions or i download them from the net.

faithsoxfan
12-31-2005, 01:02 AM
i wish my ps2 can play pirated games =(

sum1
12-31-2005, 01:09 AM
get a mod chip problem solved

Vy Low
12-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm still vassilating as to which one to buy but I seem to be more inclined towards Soul Calibur III now. (Thanks wyze, lol) I may buy Tekken 5 also but perhaps later when I find out whether T5: DR will be officially ported to the console or not. Besides, I hear that Namco will be producing a Tekken for the PS3 game lineup, which is something to look forward to upon purchasing the next-gen console for the first time.

Vy Low, your suggestion to rent the games is helpful but unfortunately I don't have a subscription to any rental stores (believe it or not) and I doubt I'll be registering to one any time soon. If anything, I'd probably go out and buy a used copy of the game(s) for a cheaper price. :o

Understood ^ ^
and no worries...

Kouji
12-31-2005, 01:15 PM
hmm, well i've never played a tekken game, but i have played Soul Calibur, It was good, you may wanna try renting them then make your choice.

Yaggath
12-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Well...for me Soul Calibur 3....kick ass

Skizzem
12-31-2005, 02:11 PM
As far as renting goes I can't really do that and I don't know of any friends who have Soul Calibur III/Tekken 5, so borrowing them is out of the question also. I pretty much have a cut-and-dry situation here, either I buy them or not. :o But I really do want to have at least one of them, and based on the imaginary poll we have here it seems like Soul Calibur 3's winning, so I might end up going with that instead. :o

TTHX
12-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Both are great games, either way it's a good buy. ;)

nick64
01-01-2006, 03:41 AM
Im an avid SC fan and i have to point out (imo) SCIII is the worst of the series i've played so far, balancing issues is even more messier than SCII, lack of team battles, cheap and predicting AI, far less priority of side-step than before etc. That saying, SCIII is still decent fun, great graphics, the novel character creation and general presentation of the game is decent.

As for Tekken 5, i've not got that, the only Tekken i've yet to purchase, but since Tekken 3, it has been going downhill (4 was atrocious, Tag was no improvement).. all hail Tekken 3 as the best Tekken game!

zer0kage
01-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I always the most important aspect of SC series is to make sure the hit lands hard. Some high level play matches can be interesting. My thoughts of the series is.
SC1=SE>SC3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC2

SC2 has that broken step guard and a lot of characters are nefed especially Nightmare, Taki was too dangerous (though still in SC3 but she can neither bomb juggle nor posession cancel), Xianghua too was also too dangerous and good thing she plays sort of like her SC1 self in SC3. The only thing I like about SC3 more than 1 is that there is hardly any clone characters. I dont find the bugs and glitches in SC3 too dangerous..

SC1 is the most perfect and solid of them all.

wyze
01-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I always the most important aspect of SC series is to make sure the hit lands hard. Some high level play matches can be interesting. My thoughts of the series is.
SC1=SE>SC3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC2

SC2 has that broken step guard and a lot of characters are nefed especially Nightmare, Taki was too dangerous (though still in SC3 but she can neither bomb juggle nor posession cancel), Xianghua too was also too dangerous and good thing she plays sort of like her SC1 self in SC3. The only thing I like about SC3 more than 1 is that there is hardly any clone characters. I dont find the bugs and glitches in SC3 too dangerous..

SC1 is the most perfect and solid of them all.
yes i do agree with ur take on the series. sc1 was my favorite as well and sc2 was the least, i don't remember too much about se perhaps i need to boot up the ol ps1 and play it more. yeah that step gaurd from sc2 was broken i heard and stuff like taki's po rush cancel has become increasingly difficult to do in sc3. i really hate how the way of executing some moves has changed.....it really screws up transitioning from playing between the sequels difficult. as for the giltches and bugs.....i hear from the sc community that sc3 is gonna die pretty fast. if u look at sc2 by comparison, at least it was a game at evo2k4 and considered in evo2k5 but imho i don't think with all the bugs and glitches ppl r finding in sc3, that it will ever be considered for any official major fighting game tournies. then again i don't know too much abou the game as u know i'm more of a gg player.

kingx11
01-01-2006, 12:31 PM
soul calibur 3 is weak weak weak weak

nothing new in it and it's wrose than ever get tekken for your own safety :D

CrimsonFlare
01-01-2006, 12:37 PM
I would go With Soul Caliber 3. I've read awesome reviews on it. You wont be dissapointed.

Psygoli
01-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Well I have both games and I have to say Tekken5 is better in my opinion.It might just be that I am more comfortable that the block button isn't X button.I can't even remember how many times I have started to move back when trying to block and then get killed because I didn't press the X button to block :o

Also after watching my 7 years old brother play against my friend and beating him easily, you can say that it's way too easy to win with just button smashing :D

So I would buy Tekken5 but that's just me :p

Skizzem
01-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Based on some of the opinions here, Soul Calibur 3 is starting too look a little better than it originally did for me. And while many might say the character creation looks bland, there seems to be more options for it than on Tekken 5's character customization feature. And I'm also glad to hear that they brought back the old Soul Edge form of guard impacts for it was something I was more used to (I also own Soul Edge on the Playstation). Hmm, on IGN's review, they gave Soul Calibur III an 8.5...

Something I found rather intriguing about Tekken 5 is that it supposedly has all three arcade ports of the original Tekken series (prior to the 4th installment) and on one review it said that all unlockable items for those games are already unlocked. The only thing is that they don't contain the special Playstation bonuses, such as the movie endings and such; basically, they're just plain old arcade fun. I actually own Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 so while the inclusion of the previous installments are there on Tekken 5, it's not such a big deal for me. Anyway, on IGN they gave this game a 9.3.

Well, the verdict is still out. I'm still not sure which one to get and if my strong urge calls for it I might end up buying the first one I see, or the one that happens to be available on the stores, lol!

AfricanAnime
01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
if only they made it on-line compatible.... this game would be great!

wyze
01-01-2006, 08:27 PM
well not only online compatibility but lagless online play!

@skizzem: sounds like a toss up. guess ur just gonna have to look at the cover design and decide (^_-)a hmmm do i go with the red cover or the blue.....

AfricanAnime
01-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Get Soul Calibur!!!!!!

I'll offer my African's SEAL of APPROVAL!!!!!!

Dendoh
01-02-2006, 01:06 AM
SC3!!! I just like it's custom character thing lol

NeoHunter008
01-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Soul Caliber III is the way to go. Pick up Tekken 5 when it's at a bargin Bin price, like Tekken 4 is now.

wyze
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Get Soul Calibur!!!!!!

I'll offer my African's SEAL of APPROVAL!!!!!!
*marvels at the african's seal of approval* oooooh aaaaah.....that's gonna be hard to beat!!!

can i be african approved as well!!!

willieload
01-05-2006, 02:25 PM
soul calibor 3 hands down their is nothing new or really good about teken 5

but sc3 has some diffirent modes and character creation with a addicting sotry behind it

Zephyred
01-07-2006, 09:49 AM
SOUL CALIBUR 3

Soul Calibur 3 is basically a toned down version of SC2, but with more characters. The character creation is good but I find myself bored of it quite fast. Also, the replay value of the game is good, but simply not worth it at all. You can play that crappy strategy game over and over again, if you want. After the first time through, I wouldn't touch that game strategy game with a stick. Sure, you can unlock goods by just playing the game normally and unlock clothing parts, but in the end the game just had too much hype and not much else. Learning to play the game is quite a breeze, however, button mashers will win a good amount of the time. This is all due to parrying times being much shorter. The skill curve is average, as the game is quite easily to pick up, and takes much less time to master than Tekken 5.

TEKKEN 5

Tekken 5 lacks a custom character creation, but you can outfit the characters with goods, that you can purchase by earning currency in the game. It is much easier to unlock items. One thing that is game is good for, it is complexity. There is an overwhelming amount of skill involved in pulling the combos in the game. Soul Calibur 3 tries to compete with this in complexity, but it is filled with needless things. This game's more complex skills are practical and necessary to win. There is almost the same amount of characters in both games. However, with Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection coming out, it makes be debate to get this game or, rather, wait for T5:DR to come out.

OVERALL

If you want a game that rewards skill, then Tekken 5 would be a good choice. Soul Calibur 3 is better for people who are starting off fighting games.

Skizzem
01-07-2006, 07:29 PM
However, with Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection coming out, it makes be debate to get this game or, rather, wait for T5:DR to come out.

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier in the thread. What I'd like to have confirmed is if this expansion will be released for the consoles too, because currently it's slated only for the arcades.

penguino
01-09-2006, 02:04 AM
While I haven't played any of the Tekken series (shame on me), I must I say that I enjoyed playing Soul Calibur 2 and 3; however, playing through the story mode in Soul Calibur 3 becomes extremely challenging, and I'm an above-average fighter. Just today I probably continued thirty times while playing with Setsuka; granted I haven't used her before, it still took me about the same amount of continues with Nightmare - who I am pretty good with.

Anyone else having a hard time getting through story mode without continuing to fight the "true" boss?

Maverick007
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I currently own both of these games, and both have their strength and weakness.

Soul Calibur 3: If you played the SC2 then you'll probably not notice much difference from SC3 and SC2 with exception of the new characters and the new modes the games offer. But often the different modes and mini games can get really boring really fast. Most of the returning characters haven't changed much, with exception of new paint. But the new characters really fit well into the actual game itself, (in my opinion). Probably a downside to this game is that it doesn't have an arcade counter part, (at least from the last time I checked) so you can't really flare off your skills unless your at a party or a gathering event.

Tekken 5: A definate upgrade from T4. T5 took out all the crap that made T4 not good and went back to the basics. T5 is the prettiest of the series, even though most of the animations have been reused (like in SC3) the moves and the combinations have been altered just enough for you to relearn your favorite character. The new faces just like in SC3 match well into the actual game. T5's weakness is in the extras, sure you can play the older Tekkens but who would? And the mini run through game can often be a pain since the controls are pretty much bogus. But unlike SC3, T5 can be found in arcades so you can beat the crap out of other players without risking the controllers.

But overall both of these games will be a nice addition to your collection. Since both are made by Namco, you can expect that the games themselves will pretty similar to one another, but different enough to set their own tone. I can't choose one since I own both, just choose a series that appeals to you more.

FireStormdm
01-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Coming from personal experience, I would choose Soul Caliber 3 because it is more "beginner friendly" than its counterpart. I saw this because I found Soul Caliber 2 to be way easier to control and at least be somewhat good without learned the entire combo movesets unlike Tekken. Tekken is more technical and a little to master. That is either good or bad according to your playing style. Hopefully this helps your decision (if you didn't already make it already).

nick64
01-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Anyone else having a hard time getting through story mode without continuing to fight the "true" boss?

Once, with Seung Mina (my fave character)
It was worth it though just to see the badass true boss.

But as you pointed out, the AI is really hard, able to predict your moves and counterattack whatever move you make. Stupid Predicting AI!

alexthestampede
01-11-2006, 07:04 AM
personal experience:
Tekken2 first game,before i used only street fighter on my amiga,won.later it got a bit more hard after a few times i beaten the game

Dead Or Alive lot more difficult,even after finishing tekken2 with all the characters...i still have a lot of costumes to unlock,and worst of all,it gets everytime harder.for real pros.

dead or alive 2:less difficult,but it does get harder.a lot of space for techincal stuff.great game.

i uad a game or two with a demo of SC2,too,but that was pretty difficult.even tought i was playng against a kid

HoushiSama
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Wow SC3 or Tekken 5....hmm...well Tekken 5 was nice and so was SC3 but SC3 just seemed harder to me....So Tekken 5.

Skizzem
01-11-2006, 06:34 PM
@ Maverick007: Thanks for the input! I haven't bought any of the games yet, although I am leaning towards Soul Calibur 3.

@ everyone: Actually, I do plan on getting both sooner or later. I should have restated my question: Which one should I get first? Lol.. :o

goatman321
01-13-2006, 04:19 PM
SCIII, I love me some Soul Caliber..

orka
01-15-2006, 01:09 PM
neither are too great imo. but considering that sc3 is completely broken, t5 is the way to go.

wyze
01-15-2006, 02:24 PM
neither are too great imo. but considering that sc3 is completely broken, t5 is the way to go.
honestly.....who really cares if sc3 is broken! it's not like the casual gamer will have the reflexes to execute [g]2,2 after getting gi'ed. also it's not like the casual gamer will have any knowledge of vcable moves or backturned vc throw setups. in the end it's just good clean fun for casual gamers. regarding both t5 and sc3 it just comes down to which is more flashy and fun. imho, keeping the casual gamer in mind, it's got to be sc3 not only is their customizable feature superior the game is more masher friendly!

xaero
02-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Soul Calibur 3! Though both are good.. but I'm a fan of SCIII so..

gundamjehutykai
02-02-2006, 08:51 AM

T5 is broken too. Perhaps more so since non-hardcore gamers like myself can take advantage of it.

Maybe dark resurrection will fix the problems, if it gets a home release

Kyrevan
02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I prefer Soul Calibur 3...
well, actually I've never played Tekken 5... ^^;

April Angela
02-08-2006, 11:04 AM
both games are really good.
now CS3 or T5... i don't know....
play both!!! i promis you'll have fun playing them both!

Kyrevan
02-09-2006, 07:59 AM
yeah, playing both would be great too! ^^

orka
02-10-2006, 08:32 AM
T5 is broken too. Perhaps more so since non-hardcore gamers like myself can take advantage of it.

Maybe dark resurrection will fix the problems, if it gets a home release

I don't think T5 is broken, except that some characters were very overpowering (i.e. Steve). Then again, that goes for almost every fighting game. On the other hand, King got really buff in DR I hear.

I dun really play 3D fighters much so I can't comment much on the issue... but even I can tell that SC3 has a lot of stupid stuff in general like 22G, wonky damage scaling and Sophitia destroying everybody. It's Namco's fault for not testing it in the arcades, but they are working on a new version so I guess that's good for fans.

AKofC
02-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Tekken 5. I'm gay for Lee Chaolan's thumbs up pose.

Takumi01
02-10-2006, 09:25 AM
sc3 not a big fan of mashing buttons and getting the victory so i go with sc3

orka
02-10-2006, 10:07 AM
sc3 not a big fan of mashing buttons and getting the victory so i go with sc3

actually, most people consider sc3 as the masher's game

Redempteur
02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
YOU SHOULD TAKE THE GAME MADE BY NAMCO

it was a joke

lokon
02-14-2006, 06:55 PM
actually, most people consider sc3 as the masher's game

The thing about SCIII is that it can be a masher's game but it can also have so much depth. You can mash and look good or you can actually play and really be good.

KingKatana
02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
buy SC3, Tekken is very weary...
Soul calibur 3 is the best purchase

Krendall
02-24-2006, 08:41 PM
SC3 is fun and all, but I love the depth of the Tekken engine much more, so I'd go with Tekken 5. Just my opinion, though.

Masacroso
03-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Sc3 is for me very better than "Taken juggle 5" ;), but anyway VF4EVO is the best fighter game ^0^. Tekken 5 doesnt have any deep, is only about combos, no strategic situations really, only two big combos per round, this is all, no mind games, no distance strategic, no defensive techniques, very unbalanced, etc, nothing...

orka
03-11-2006, 12:47 AM
this thread proves hf is full of scrubs.

i mean, this is just a anime forum... but still.

icek
03-16-2006, 05:14 AM
SCIII is much better! The background story is much more interesting and the different weapons add to the game a need for strategy that tekken will never have!

wildx7even
03-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Soul Caliber 3 I have it and it really good, lots of replay value. If you still want a tekken game get a older version like 4 there really cheap.

echiikid
03-28-2006, 07:06 AM
I think Soul Calibur 3 had more faster gameplay than Tekken 5 and soul calibur had more customizing gameplay than Tekken 5.so it's worth playing alot!!

Denamic
03-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Soul Calibur III. It's a no brainer. I've played them both, and I have SCIII. Soul Calibur III is superior.

To whoever said that SCIII is for people who are starting out with fighting games.. It's simple, and easy to learn. BUT it takes hours upon hours upon days to master it, and constant practice to maintain your skill. It's very, very skill dependant, if both players are very skilled. There is no attack that can't be blocked or evaded in some way, and there is no absolute defence, which makes many different kinds of gameplay styles available. My style is Block/evade-counter, Guardbreak-feint-guard/evade-counter, and it defeats all my enemies, except for CPU chars, who don't fall for my feints, and no-skill button masher players :st: ..
Ironically, my greatest enemies are the people who don't have any skill, as I can't predict what he/she is going to do, and he/she don't care about my feints..

fluid
03-28-2006, 07:13 AM
You would certainly spend more time playing SC3 than T5, but on the other hand SC3 didnt change so much since SC2 and for some players it gets borring after a while... (personaly I prefer SC2 than SC3 :st:)

Madake
03-30-2006, 12:46 PM
soul calibur by a landslide.
you can even create your own freaking characters!!!
****!!!

red pingouin
04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
I may be wrong, but soul calibur 3 is more "complete" than tekken5...
A bunch of options & characters, with one boring but original mini games...
T5 isn't a bad game after all, but 5 episodes,it did get a bit old:

I like them both, but I'll buy soul calibur 3

Mitsurigi bloody kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mitsuriiiiiiiiiiiiigiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Janno
04-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Definitivly SC3!!!:grin:
I think you should with SC3, mostly because it's a kick ass game, it's much more difrent from Tekken at all, and most of all....
Tekken just sucks rump!!!:st:
I mean, come on!!!
They've had the series going on for too long now, and all they did with the game's story was so to speak of nothing.:(
OK, I agree that it's a good game, but not so good that I would buy it myself.:rolleyes: But SC3 sortof reminds me of StreetFigther2 Alpha, and that is one HELL of a game. And don't forget Dead Or Alive either... Gooood games indeed...:kakashi:
So unless you are to buy a SNES(thereagain unless you have one), you should go for StreetFigther2 Alpha... But if you own a X-Box or 360, you can buy DOA3 or 4(or just buy DOA2 for PS2).
Thenagain, you asked for two other games, SC3 and T5.>:D
You should buy the one you wan't the most and get the other one copyed from a friendNOT ENGURAGING YOU TO DO IT!!!!
or just simply buy both, play them, find out the best one for you and then sell the other one to some kid on you street...
Only my opinion... SC3...
Cheers mate....

lich
05-01-2006, 12:04 PM
I have played both and I would recomend SC3 over Tekken 5. SC3 is just a lot more fun because of all the things you can do. It has major replay value and it has secral unlockables. The only bad thing about SC3 is the CPU's A.I. The A.I. is either a retard or god. There is no middle ground. Despite this problem I still think SC3 is the better game.

gigagrave
05-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Soul Calibur 3 !!!!
you won't regret it

Miliardo
05-07-2006, 05:21 AM
You sure or not? Just buy both and try!!:neko:

Thyran
05-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Soul Calibur 3 is below SC standards. Tekken 5 is below Tekken standards.

I'd say, neither. They both suck.

Heerox12
05-07-2006, 06:09 AM
you should get SC3. It was alot more fun than Tekken 5. But Tekken 5 is fun & does the fighter customization thing like VF4 & Evo. SC3 you can make your own fighter but its missing sword guest thing like in SC2,SC,and Soul Blade. But it has a Rpg type mini game.

Miliardo
05-07-2006, 06:16 AM
@Thyran
Maybe you are not suits to play these kind of game?

Redempteur
05-07-2006, 06:21 AM
like i say before ..just take the game made by namco ...

kuruse45
05-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Go for the SC3 bro

firzenex
05-07-2006, 08:44 PM
hands down, SC3...tekken was fun, but all it was for me was counter-FEST, soul calibur does have its let downs, in the glitch department, BUT YOU HARDLY NOTICE, unless your a fighting game FANATIC, for me it was just overall alot more enjoyable experience, and on top of that the newer characters in SC3 are waaaaay cooler than tekkens new roster

lets be honest we have a blade wannabe, against some priest (or whats to be) with a sycthe...anyways the choice is yours, Im only throwing out the voice of someone whoes played both and ALREADY CHOSE WHATS BETTER!...IMO anyways, lol...have fun with what you pick