PDA

View Full Version : ACNE Hate that shit! (RANT)

Zetchzie
03-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Ok so I've got Acne or Cystic Acne to be precise and it was given to me through my biological father :nooo:
I hate it absolutely hate it and Dr's see me as a guinea pig for medication cause nothing gets rid of it I clean and wash and scrub and so on but it comes right back I've had it for 10 years. I must say I would be a naturally good looking guy if I didn't have it so bad but I have excessive sweat there is no cure for and I get hot very easily anything above 60 degrees is too much for me, this makes staying oil free hell. anybody got it bad?

asianbboy
03-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Ok so I've got Acne or Cystic Acne to be precise and it was given to me through my biological father :nooo:
I hate it absolutely hate it and Dr's see me as a guinea pig for medication cause nothing gets rid of it I clean and wash and scrub and so on but it comes right back I've had it for 10 years. I must say I would be a naturally good looking guy if I didn't have it so bad but I have excessive sweat there is no cure for and I get hot very easily anything above 60 degrees is too much for me, this makes staying oil free hell. anybody got it bad?

Good thing I actually logged in, lol. I had same problem as you. I eventually had to be on accutane. Most of my acne disappeared, but after I was off the meds, it can back, but not as bad. Edit. My face gets oily as well.

Fast forward 5+ years I hardly have any acne. I used ACV [apple cider vinegar][organic] and coconut oil [virgin] and sometimes H202 and cotten balls. Those four items basically cured my acne.

ACV does smell, hence vinegar, but I can't smell due to various reasons.

Put some ACV on cotton balls and clean your face. Wait few minutes for your face to dry. And put some coconut oil on your face, that shit is good for your face and body. Rinse and Repeat everyday.

If you do try this method, I will warn you after the few weeks you do this, your acne will flare up [GETS WORSE], thats normal. My dermatologist said that your facial skin is flushing out your acne from your pores. AND DON'T POP your zits or inflame cystic acne.

Good luck

Edit. Once a while I use crushed aspirin as a paste on my face. It's a good facial cleaner.

I found this stuff through books and websites.

Zetchzie
03-23-2012, 09:10 PM
I hate that is flares up it irritates me and I cant stand that paste or gel stuff lol it feels weird but it takes allot to beat acne

April Angela
03-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Good thing I actually logged in, lol. I had same problem as you. I eventually had to be on accutane. Most of my acne disappeared, but after I was off the meds, it can back, but not as bad. Edit. My face gets oily as well.

Fast forward 5+ years I hardly have any acne. I used ACV [apple cider vinegar][organic] and coconut oil [virgin] and sometimes H202 and cotten balls. Those four items basically cured my acne.

ACV does smell, hence vinegar, but I can't smell due to various reasons.

Put some ACV on cotton balls and clean your face. Wait few minutes for your face to dry. And put some coconut oil on your face, that shit is good for your face and body. Rinse and Repeat everyday.

If you do try this method, I will warn you after the few weeks you do this, your acne will flare up [GETS WORSE], thats normal. My dermatologist said that your facial skin is flushing out your acne from your pores. AND DON'T POP your zits or inflame cystic acne.

Good luck

Edit. Once a while I use crushed aspirin as a paste on my face. It's a good facial cleaner.

I found this stuff through books and websites.

hmm my bf should try this one :p

he have problems like yours.

YamiSouru MkIII
03-23-2012, 09:39 PM
most doctors are like that, the bastards see you as a walking wad of money that they can milk rather than a patient that needs understanding and a treatment to their illness. my advice? if conventional medicine does shit for you then walk the path of alternative medicine and nothing better than Reiki and natural medicines. there are natural soaps that help your skin recover and Reiki will balance your energy and will heal the problem that you have that makes your illness to come back. in the best event it can keep it on check i have seen people with Psoriasis get really better and keep their skin healthy with Reiki Treatments.

of course that its not magical but give it a shot maybe another alternative medicine can help you but as for now i suggest try with Reiki, see if there its a SERIOUS practitioner one that has decency and integrity since there are many Phony ones that want to get money i tell you this because i was healed of a serious case of Ulcers that were getting worse by the day to the point of stomach cancer and colon one. as i said it not magical and you have to put a lot of effort since you need to stop doing things that worsen your situation and change others but in the end you will feel better and think that the effort was well placed.

if it were for doctors i would still be wasting money on meds for my stomach and costly exams and other things. not that all doctors are bad the last one i saw clearly told me that my problem was caused by stress and other things and recommended me another treatment not more exams and medicines but i found that guy after visiting 8 doctors before in a lapse of 3 years.

asianbboy
03-23-2012, 09:44 PM
hmm my bf should try this one :p

he have problems like yours.

Yah, I wished I would've done this earlier, cuz i got few scars here and there. Other than that, doesn't hurt to try and if you want more info, there are others who posted online using the same stuff with good results.

Alupihan
03-23-2012, 09:46 PM
I know dat feel, I'm acne prone like my mother, it runs in the family. Thank goodness for Panoxyl and some handy dandy male facial wash and at least it alleviated for years.

now...about these blackheads...

Zetchzie
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I know dat feel, I'm acne prone like my mother, it runs in the family. Thank goodness for Panoxyl and some handy dandy male facial wash and at least it alleviated for years.

now...about these blackheads...
Its a pain I have washed so much that my skin gets dry enough to peel and it still comes back :furious:

Alupihan
03-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Its a pain I have washed so much that my skin gets dry enough to peel and it still comes back :furious:

it has something to do with the pores. Dermatologist say that male skin pores are larger than that of female ones so we are more prone to blackheads. It is also harder to remove by washing since it goes skin deep. The only surefire way to remove them is by using sticky mudpacks on your face...but I don't prefer that. Nose strips does not work well either, I've tried, not really satisfying.

Oh well guess we will have to wait for proper solutions.

Zetchzie
03-23-2012, 10:02 PM
it has something to do with the pores. Dermatologist say that male skin pores are larger than that of female ones so we are more prone to blackheads. It is also harder to remove by washing since it goes skin deep. The only surefire way to remove them is by using sticky mudpacks on your face...but I don't prefer that. Nose strips does not work well either, I've tried, not really satisfying.

Oh well guess we will have to wait for proper solutions.

:crafty: *puts vacuum hose on my face* desperate times call for desperate measures

springheeljack
03-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Acne sucks dude I mean I never have had it really bad but it is troublesome specially when a big one pops up in the middle of your goddamned forehead

Zetchzie
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
those are the worst

Tykun
03-24-2012, 12:55 AM
... =\ ... I have gotten these bumps in the... strangest places... at the most... INconvenient times and it just makes me wonder...

... sometimes I feel like... = =;; ... they have a personality... and they intentionally go out of their way to troll my life away.

Michael Means Business
03-24-2012, 05:26 AM
When I was 18-20 I had absolutely horrible acne, nothing seemed to have an effect on it. Then, one day I managed to get a severe ear infection, my family doctor prescribed me an antibiotic that, not only cured my ear infection, but completely cured my acne.
Though certainly not the "silver bullet" for everyone, if you've not been prescribed one yet, I'd consider looking into some form of antibiotic and see if that does the trick.
The down side is that one can build up an immunity to antibiotics, posing the risk not only of further outbreaks, but an inability to be treated for certain illnesses that would generally be remedied with antibiotic usage.
Still, keep in mind that, while it may be quite frustrating to wait, most forms of acne eventually clear up on it's own as one ages.

Also, thought I'd mention that cleaning ones face too excessively can have a counterproductive effect with acne, and actually aid in acne flair ups, rather than preventing them.

Anyway, here's to hoping for the best.

Zetchzie
03-24-2012, 10:11 AM
... =\ ... I have gotten these bumps in the... strangest places... at the most... INconvenient times and it just makes me wonder...

... sometimes I feel like... = =;; ... they have a personality... and they intentionally go out of their way to troll my life away.

I know how you feel

Rick
03-24-2012, 10:23 AM
I got it pretty bad... and they seem to be getting worse. I mean, some of them are swelling more than the usual and it's beginning to happen more often. Kinda unsure on how to handle it. :sick:

DK3411
03-24-2012, 11:19 AM
i was healed of a serious case of Ulcers that were getting worse by the day to the point of stomach cancer and colon one.

How this and acne have anything to do with each other is beyond me...

In any case, here are a few things I can suggest:

1) Face wash
Sounds simple, until you find out that there are some just way too harsh for your skin and others that are too mild and remove too little oil to be of any help. Find one that can clear oil away properly but your face still feeling soft and supple and not like it's about to be peeled off.

2) Moisturizers
After washing your face, always apply a mild, water-based, non-comedogenic moisturizer. This suppresses your face's natural desire to produce its own moisturizer (oil) and helps in the long run for oil control.

3) Diet
You are what you eat. You may start to notice, after a while, that you get massive breakouts 1-2 days after eating certain foods. While this doesn't necessarily constitute an allergic reaction, it would be wise to avoid said foods to prevent another massive outbreak.

4) Antibiotics
While I don't recommend running to your doctor for this everytime you get a breakout, it works, and primarily because of the inherent anti-inflammatory effects in antibiotics. The other effect is the killing of P.Acnes, the primary bacterium that is the culprit in most stubborn acne.

5) Topical Retinoids
Start with these before you jump straight to Oral Retinoids (Vitamin-A derivatives). They come in many types, strengths and formulations. These are applied daily even when you're not having an outbreak. It helps in long-term oil control but as a side effect does increase photosensitivity (sensitivity to sunlight) and causes your skin to become dry and peel more easily

6) Oral Retinoids
Usually for only the most stubborn, recalcitrant and disfiguring forms of acne (pustular acne). While it almost invariably works, it has many side effects in addition to those from topical retinoids and is unsafe for use in women who are trying to get pregnant because it can cause birth defects. It also causes drastic photosensitivity (picture getting a sunburn from a mere 3-4 minutes of sun exposure) and dry eyes and nose. Lip cracking from the dryness is a common side effect I see in those who take this.

Tsunao Yoshida
03-24-2012, 11:21 AM
For me it's been a lot better since they put me on isotretinoin sometime last year, it took a while but my face is a lot better nowadays, except for the dryness, i only get one or two small ones on my face every now and then, at the moment my chest, back and neck are still pretty bad but they're improving too, i'm just waiting to get the all clear for a higher dosage because my last blood tests had some abnormalities compared to the earlier tests.

At one point probably a year ago now i was put onto an antibiotic for several months but that did nothing for me, sometimes it would improve a tiny bit but it solved nothing.

To be honest my acne doesn't bother me too much, the pain i can handle but the absolute worst thing is getting blood on t-shirts, bedsheets etc..., i hate putting on any light coloured shirt just to look in a mirror and see a big dark red streak down the front or back.

Lip cracking from the dryness is a common side effect I see in those who take this.

The lip cracking is horrible for me, every other day i end up tearing my lip in half and it bleeds for like an hour, but aside from that i've not had much of an issue with the isotretinoin, the list of possible side effects though is massive and some of them sound terrible.

blozzee
03-24-2012, 01:12 PM
another half a year of being masochist ~_~

03-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I prefer to wear a mask. preferably a ski mask because you can get away with doing things.

if you know what I mean.

sholum
03-24-2012, 09:35 PM
When I was 18-20 I had absolutely horrible acne, nothing seemed to have an effect on it. Then, one day I managed to get a severe ear infection, my family doctor prescribed me an antibiotic that, not only cured my ear infection, but completely cured my acne.
Though certainly not the "silver bullet" for everyone, if you've not been prescribed one yet, I'd consider looking into some form of antibiotic and see if that does the trick.
The down side is that one can build up an immunity to antibiotics, posing the risk not only of further outbreaks, but an inability to be treated for certain illnesses that would generally be remedied with antibiotic usage.
Still, keep in mind that, while it may be quite frustrating to wait, most forms of acne eventually clear up on it's own as one ages.

Also, thought I'd mention that cleaning ones face too excessively can have a counterproductive effect with acne, and actually aid in acne flair ups, rather than preventing them.

Anyway, here's to hoping for the best.

The bad part about using antibiotics is that you have to take (or eat, if you like yogurt) probiotics to prevent intestinal disorders. Anyone who's ever been on really strong antibiotics should know what I'm talking about, but that's not the half of it. Long term use can seriously mess up your gut chemistry which relies on a proper balance of many bacteria species and other stuff. Messing it up slightly will be uncomfortable, but messing it up long term is really bad for your health; life threatening, in fact. Use antibiotics with caution (and eat lots of yogurt. If you're allergic to dairy or lactose intolerant, you can always eat almond yogurt [though you may have to make it yourself]).

I have acne as well and I will probably have it for the rest of my life to an extent. I keep it down with facial cleansers (I've been trying to find an alternative, so thanks for the stuff y'all have been suggesting), antibiotics (I never said you couldn't use 'em, just be careful), H2O2 (hydrogen-peroxide), and (if it gets to inflamed) honey and hot water. The honey acts as an anti-inflammatory and the hot water helps soften and relax your skin (which helps keep your skin healthy), it also has the added benefit of cleaning all that honey off.

It definitely sucks. Though it's not as bad as it used to be, I have plenty of scars (the worst are on my shoulders) and still more acne to deal with.

I'd also suggest staying away from oily foods to help a bit more with the oily skin problem.

Alupihan
03-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Antibiotics is advisable but only to certain extent since some people have very sensitive immune systems and the generic antibodies may mess up with the natural antibodies of the body. Some cases also differ, like mine, which is genetic and it runs in the family, no antibiotic can fix it unless its a generically enhanced antibiotic.

YamiSouru MkIII
03-25-2012, 09:14 PM
How this and acne have anything to do with each other is beyond me...

simple, he is desperate i was desperate normal docs and meds did shit so search another way rather than hit the same wall with a hammer when in short you need a Bomb...
as simple as that :S.

anyway some things work wonders for some and for others it does not only you know your body(or should know it i talk to the OP) and feel what works on you and makes you feel better.

robobunghole
04-01-2012, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-pxEIM9-A

krotch
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM

I use to, but then I threw Thres Flores pomade into my hair. Not sure what it is today, but over a decade ago, it was nothing more than vaseline with perfume in it. It baked my hair and now my hair no longer stays naturally oiled. I also started cutting my hair short. As in, skin faded sides with 1-2" of hair on top. I started growing my hair out again. It poofs out like crazy. I have to use leave-in conditioner or gel.

It blows, but I don't have bad acne anymore. I just wash my face with a scrub cloth.
http://www.amazon.com/Salux-Nylon-Japanese-Beauty-Cloth/dp/B000CSDDDG

krotch
04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-pxEIM9-A

http://youtu.be/SkVimOzqji0

This one is worse.

sacr3d bl0od
05-29-2012, 10:13 PM
http://youtu.be/SkVimOzqji0

This one is worse.

That was horrible not even joking. and how could somebody let that thing get that big i mean mine don't even come to a head and i feel so much pressure i my back i force it out. its almost as bad as the damned acne aid commercials that claim they can completely dessimate the acne on your face, they're a bunch of blood suckers. AND now i can't get that video out of my head...thanks....

blozzee
05-30-2012, 04:41 AM
I'm glad I didn't watch any of these videos, you guys are disgusting XD

LordIronheart
05-30-2012, 09:24 AM
I used to have terrible acne when I was in my teens. Don't recall when it started to clear up, I just know it slowly got better. And in irony the stuff they gave me to "make it go away" always made it worse for me.

springheeljack
06-03-2012, 11:51 PM
I have some pretty bad back acne I pretty much hate it

chaostheosis
06-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Hate acne so much, takes too long to go away and leaves marks all over the skin :(

Kyrinbroflovski
07-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Acne is a bitch, yes. D:

hykuzo
08-27-2012, 07:59 AM
i'm god and u no

Zetchzie
08-27-2012, 08:21 AM
op do you still have it?

yes it will always be here :/

springheeljack
08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Bummer dude are you the type of guy that breaks out all over the place?

Zetchzie
08-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Bummer dude are you the type of guy that breaks out all over the place?

no mostly on my head

springheeljack
08-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Oh those are the worst places right on your forehead?

Zetchzie
08-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh those are the worst places right on your forehead?

that and inside your nose and inside and outside the ear

3rdHalf
08-28-2012, 12:42 AM
I myself had a pretty hard time with acne for years. And although currently I have practically cured the problem, I still trying fight my social awkwardness, from my low self esteem, caused by acne.

The best decision I had for curing my acne, was going to a good dermatologist.
He concluded, that the cause for my acne was poorly functionating livers, from lack of vitamin D(not enough fish and sun).
As for recovery- it was a long and quite an expensive procedure. Half a year long drug therapy and regular cryotherapy for removing scars. It all coasted me somewhere around thousand bucks, but every cent of it was totally worth it.

In the end, if I can give any advices to fight acne - those would be: Don`t relay on external usage acne products, instead, go and visit a dermatologist. And have a good health insurance(that I didn't had).

cakenshadow
09-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Hmmmmmm :s Sounds like OP got a bad case of ACNE... I had alot too once, but a few tips my friends gave me helped me out... Not sure what products you got in your country, but try and find some effective ones, wash your face and apply the anti-ACNE stuff and try to sleep on a completely fresh bath towel on your pillow, throw it to cleaning after the night, and try to lie on your back all night (I personally can't do that, but it's supposed to help alot, with the towel ofc)

elmer9999
09-28-2012, 09:22 PM
When I get nervous, stressed for any reason, I get some kind of acne (I know it is not that):
It's a law. Whenever I get stressed, my skin gets greasy, and next day I have several white dots all over around my nose, cheeks, and the ones I hate most: around the exterior line of my lips. Those bitches hurt a lot, and some of them turns hard and decide to stay there for ever like rocks.

eliteobsession
10-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I really really doubt this will help anyone...But its something my father did and just kind of stuck with me..I wash my face with shampoo...lol as im washing my hair...ive never had more than 2 pimples...Ive never seen my father have a single one...I really doubt its the shampoo as much as Genetics...but shampoos not hurting...so Ill keep doing it lol.

elmer9999
10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
I really really doubt this will help anyone...But its something my father did and just kind of stuck with me..I wash my face with shampoo...lol as im washing my hair...ive never had more than 2 pimples...Ive never seen my father have a single one...I really doubt its the shampoo as much as Genetics...but shampoos not hurting...so Ill keep doing it lol.
Interesting tip, thanks. I'll use shampoo on the face when I take a shower.
Also one more thing: How many times do you all wash your face per day?

minicheerio
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I feel you, I have the same problem. People used to make fun of me for it, including myself, and oh dear lord, do not pop them, it'll leave you terrible scars. Try cleansing your face gently, do not scrub it, and if you're on any medication, try not to use something too powerful, unless you have terrible cysts :T

Haika
11-01-2012, 07:34 PM
I used to have quite some zits on my face i think acne is something different.
But thats because i rarely washed my face with a shampoo or showergel back then.
and didn't scrub it either.
The worst was right after i shaved, I used a handshaver with with you need that foam (sorry forgot the terms in english)
after that you had to rinse and i did that, but usually after a day my chin &chin bone line would be full with little white zits.

I was told that it happens because of little tears in your skin that get pollute with filth and the result are zits.
So i changed to an electronic shaver and didnt have the trouble ever since.(+ I wash my face with soap now).

usually in the morning and evening I wash my face.

S1En1
11-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Don't really have any these days. Can get a few pimples if I don't shower for like a week but that's really rare.
Had a mild acne back in my.teen years.

I got a really dry and flaky skin tho. My face practically falls off after I shower and don't apply some sort of moisturiser. :donotwant:

beeper000
11-04-2012, 02:57 PM

Washing your face with shampoo... hmmm never heard of that, is it safe to do that?
I just take care of my skin now days =) and now i hardly have pimples. I hear people use toothpaste for it but than i also hear that toothpaste makes it worse, idk. My only advice is take care of your skin. Wash em up my friends xD