PDA

View Full Version : ..::The future in weapons ::..

Ecko007
01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Here is a link of the future weapon for the army:Click Here (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10805240/?GT1=7538)

Boo
01-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Reminds me a lot of Star Wars. The missile defense system proposed by the US
president during the Cold War.

BOiNG!
01-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I hope this "laser" beam will be able to evolve capable of handling incoming asteroids or any major earth threatening objects heading towards earth, not as a "political" weapon on earth surface & space monkeys.

ShadowRFox
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Holy sh**!! that dangerous I seen some many movies where they have a staterlite with a laser cannons in it and someone hack it....imagine the disaters. Why do people put such good knowledge to lethal use.......

ChaozXIII
01-11-2006, 03:54 PM
it wont work if the missle is has mirrosrs around it and why dont they just chuck a loads of missles to confuse it

HoushiSama
01-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Some things should be left alone

darkandshadow
01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I was looking at that earlier today. That is some pretty lethal technology at work. Just in case of ace hackers, they should have a supreme scrambler or something like that on there and no firewalls; firewalls can be turned against themselves.

From BOiNG!: I hope this "laser" beam will be able to evolve capable of handling incoming asteroids or any major earth threatening objects heading towards earth, not as a "political" weapon on earth surface & space monkeys.

I agree with BOiNG! in more ways than one. I do hope that this is for destroying incoming space debree that we ever get, and only that purpose.

Areskel
01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
That's kinda neat. It'll be really cool if they adopt optical lasers (which I highly doubt) and armies will consist of massive mirrored walls. It would be funny to see.

But this is really interesting technology. I hope to see it developed.

faithsoxfan
01-11-2006, 06:35 PM
reminds me of that solar powered satelite in 007: Die Another Day.

kemis
01-11-2006, 06:50 PM
I am more affraid of those lightsaber wielding squirells than from a sattelite/mirror thingy you posted here.But thats just me and i find squirells creepy....even without lightsabers.

miscman
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I hope this "laser" beam will be able to evolve capable of handling incoming asteroids or any major earth threatening objects heading towards earth, not as a "political" weapon on earth surface & space monkeys.
And do you still have any doubt for what purpose it will be used? :(

Entreri
01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Ooo...very destructive. Though I would prefer if they made the EVA series first.

Areskel
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Ooo...very destructive. Though I would prefer if they made the EVA series first.
That would be kinda neat, but if there are EVAs, there are the problems associated with them. I don't wanna become orange slime D= though it is a very sexy death haha.

Haruharu Haruko
01-11-2006, 08:19 PM
lol!

thats pretty cool...now if only they put as much effort into helping people rather then killing them. :p

...but its still cool...

Science is really catching up with science fiction...but then, maybe science fiction writers' are just lazy and can't come up with anything new :)

=^_^=

ChaozXIII
01-11-2006, 09:36 PM
we will make the (neo)genesis, and requiem and wipe out planet earth after this. wopuldnt it be simpler if we make neutron jammers(but then again there is always neutron jammer cancelers). and this is shown on gundam seed destiny too that ship laser thing.

Kouji
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM
hehe, i like that idea of being able to handle Asteroids ^^

hmm, thats Weapon is very Strong sounding, like Haruko said i hope it would be used for helping then hurting

Seyser Koze
01-11-2006, 09:50 PM
That would be kinda neat, but if there are EVAs, there are the problems associated with them. I don't wanna become orange slime D= though it is a very sexy death haha.Better EVAs than Ideon... although I suppose Ideon would be the ultimate in mutually assured destruction.

Science is really catching up with science fiction...but then, maybe science fiction writers' are just lazy and can't come up with anything new :)Or maybe they don't want to give governments any more ideas...

ChaozXIII
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
That would be kinda neat, but if there are EVAs, there are the problems associated with them. I don't wanna become orange slime D= though it is a very sexy death haha.
they didnt really die they just left their bodies if they want to come back all they have to do is to want to come back

Fusilier
01-11-2006, 10:50 PM
lol!

thats pretty cool...now if only they put as much effort into helping people rather then killing them. :p

but efforts put into killing people usually end up helping them a while down the road, except for the dead ones :p

Tares
01-12-2006, 12:31 AM
but efforts put into killing people usually end up helping them a while down the road, except for the dead ones :p

sad... but true ^^ usually ppl invent some "doom devices" and later on they trying to think how to protect themselves from it ^^

pdoqadk
01-12-2006, 09:02 AM
sad... but true ^^ usually ppl invent some "doom devices" and later on they trying to think how to protect themselves from it ^^

yeah, and those ppl with doom devices will accuse those trying to find protection against it of foul intent.

Fusilier
01-12-2006, 10:56 AM

It's merely a fortunate side effect :p