PDA

View Full Version : Magikano (Try this new series out if you haven't :)

HongFire
02-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Offical Site: http://www.magikano.com/

name: Magikano

Gen: Comedy, Magic, Love
http://www.magikano.com/images/chara/ayumi01.gifhttp://www.magikano.com/images/chara/haruo01.gif
http://www.magikano.com/images/chara/chiaki01.gifhttp://www.magikano.com/images/chara/fuyuno.gifhttp://www.magikano.com/images/chara/maika01.gif
http://www.magikano.com/images/chara/yuri01.gifhttp://www.magikano.com/images/chara/rika02.gifhttp://www.magikano.com/images/chara/masuzu01.gif
http://www.magikano.com/images/chara/michiru01.gifhttp://www.magikano.com/images/chara/tetsuko01.gif

I just watched EP 1 to EP4 today in 1 go. And started to like this series alot.

Normally I don't watch Oni Chan animes anymore because there are too many of them and starting to get boring. But this Magikano is abit different.

It about love, Magic, some action, And comedy.

So I started to like this series. I suggest you guys should try it out as well. You might like it. Don't miss such good series.

I noticed not many people know about this series yet. I didn't know it's this good until i got sometime to watch some raws I haven't watch today, as soon as I watched ep 1 I couldn't stop ended up watched all the way to ep 4 now getting ep5 raw :D

animeguy
02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
id be getting 4 and 5 RAW but my connection is not really all that good after the whole wind+rain storm like thing

GiGaMoG
02-06-2006, 01:16 AM
love and comedy . This is just sooo my type!

dark998
02-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Very good series so far. The facial expressions of the characters are wicked (Dokuro-chan style)

Suzuran
02-06-2006, 01:44 AM
I especially liked their moaning when they take of each others "memories" for their story :>

nick64
02-06-2006, 02:07 AM
The whole show looks very generic and boring to me.. i gave up acquiring this after the opening.. bleh.. i stick with my Karin thank you.

Karin
02-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Suzuran// i think u got magikano and kagihime monogatari mixed up..

anyway, i think this series is OKAY, nth special about it, nth so bad about it..yet lol i'll keep watching until...well until it gets worse lol

jsnut
02-06-2006, 10:58 AM
One of the funniest series currently aired IMO. It's pretty good if you just want some laughs, I guess. :p

Suzuran
02-06-2006, 11:41 AM
laff Im mixing it the whole time with kagihime. okay back to magikano ;p well its funny indeed but after a while i got bored because its nothing new.

eMKa
02-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Watched ep1,but I give up,not my kind of show,for romance and comedy I prefer Kashimashi,and for magic Fate/Stay Night and Mai-Otome:)

konzept
02-06-2006, 12:32 PM
I thought it was good, nice characters and funny but the story is nothing new.

animeking210
02-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Ive already sceen this so many times <the translations by anime~U and RAWS.>
its so funny.
I love this type of series.
Geeky guys get tons of girls.
if you like this get "Kage kara Mamoru!" or Maburaho. you'll get tons of laughs out of those series.

HongFire
02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I think the drawing is better than karin as well as the story. Sometimes i feel karin is abit boring. No good laughs. but this one has.

Also magikano is abit ecchi too. :D

Personally i would rate this over the other same type anime that's being aired right now. I am watching others still but i think this one is better.

TSR
02-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Funny, I like Karin a lot better. Magikano just seems like Galaxy Angels do harem comedy. I just sat through the first four episodes and didn't see anything even remotely original. And I have a hard time seeing anybody who doesn't skip the credits thinking this is more ecchi than Karin, either.

For the high points, the designs are very appealing and visual effects are good. The slapstick humor is extremely funny in places, though a bit repetative and predictable in others. A bit ecchi, but if they haven't showed anything graphic yet, they won't later, either, unless the ratings take a hit and they get desperate. Animation is good and so is the music, though both OP and ED themes are average at best. More a parody of a harem romance than an actual one. Looks like a fun ride with a lot of laughs, but not much real depth. Will probably turn a little more serious later, but should stay funny. Watch it if you like slapstick humor with slightly ecchi magical girl harem themes. Should be plenty of fun, but will have to go a long way to be put alongside the classics of the genre.

ja ne

roygbiv
02-06-2006, 08:07 PM
there arent much good anime shows been release this year that catches my eye. only the 6 episode series that came out late january the name is too long but its subbed by more than 2 anime subbers that i been watching. kasimasi was okay but i had an impression that its similar to the anime called peto petosan so i stop watching it.

Gin03
02-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Watch the first four eps of Magikano, its ok, funny, but i prefer karin.

milkmandan
02-06-2006, 11:58 PM
looks great...too bad not enuff episodes out on fansub or raw to convince to me to start watching...

kuropon
03-01-2006, 07:30 PM
I wish the show were more like the manga... WAY more ecchi in the manga... no-one is scanlating it yet, but you can find the raws around... I personally like the anime... Yeah, it's been done before... pretty much everything's been done before, hasn't it? Just slight variations here and there. I like the show mainly because of the character of Kurosu Yuri...

Errorrrr
03-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I think the drawing is better than karin as well as the story. Sometimes i feel karin is abit boring. No good laughs. but this one has.

Also magikano is abit ecchi too. :D

Personally i would rate this over the other same type anime that's being aired right now. I am watching others still but i think this one is better.

Only a bit?? it's made to be a fanservice anime XD~~ Magikano gogogogo!!!

Mamiya-chan DAISUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!大好き!!!!!!!!!!!

Mia9M1H0
03-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm a "protector" (no fan, fan would be very small rank) for Maika... only if that looser (but powerful mage) of Haruo wouldn't be around her... grrr... ummmm... I think I will help Mamiya so I can get rid of Haruo and have Maika for me!!!! UWAhahahahaha!!!

rheingau9
03-02-2006, 08:46 PM
It's quite a fun show to watch after a stressful day at work. Though its true that its not something new, i prefer this to other comedy animes currently airing. I watch Karin for something different in my romance series, and Naruto, Bleach and Fate Stay Night for action. I especially love the comedic bits the two sisters : Chiaki[though in the 2nd OP it says Tiaki], and Fuyuno add into the mix.

JR RAD
03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Ahh too many animes soo little time/bandwidth/hard drive space why is it the world is so cruel???? *sob*

Tares
03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
C:62.5GB, D:55.89GB, E:32.28GB F:51.98GB, G:233GB, H:73.18GB

little space ? -_- I have to live with my 60GB HDD ^_^

But returning to Magikano, I find it very amusing. Lots of humor and nice chicks ^_^

Zaido
03-03-2006, 02:06 PM
this anime is different in the way how they use the sound effect to their advantage which makes it much more fun to watch then others with just comedy and no excess effects. The drawing is pretty good, and Maika is just hillariously cute :neko:

seorang
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Certainly very entertaining, even though there's not much of a plot that I can see...

Mia9M1H0
03-04-2006, 06:06 AM
well... there is a plot... but... later will appare another plot, that will be the main plot (in manga, of course)... anyway... Maika rules~~!!!! (now I have get rid of that stupid haruo... I'll help either Mamiya or Yuri...)

HongFire
03-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Just watched ep10 this ep is awsome. :kakashi:

Even Hard Gay is in there :lol: If you watched Hard Gay Shows you will know who Hard Gay is.

KidSteel
03-08-2006, 10:10 AM

Even Hard Gay is in there :lol: If you watched Hard Gay Shows you will know who Hard Gay is.OMG ... do I really want to continue watching this show (I'm at ep 7 now)? >_____> :p

Tares
03-08-2006, 02:58 PM
OMG ... do I really want to continue watching this show (I'm at ep 7 now)? >_____> :p

Me too -_- but only AnimeU fansub this, so we'll have to wait until they release next eps.

roygbiv
03-09-2006, 06:44 PM
this series is somewhat similar to maburaho. mamiya-chan looks and acts like kagurazaka asuna from mahou sensei negima. im still going to try to watch this as much as i can, if this is going to be a great ill be back on this thread. after watching magikano i really recommend this to all romance,ecchi and magic anime genre lover cus its going great for ecchiness. checkout episode 10 complete ecchiness and s3x tempting scenes. go to randomc.animeblogger.net for pic and summary of some animes shows.

npdcb
03-30-2006, 07:04 AM
13 episodes is a little short imo
great series...my kind of comedy :p
shame that i've never noticed this series before ^^'

Tares
03-30-2006, 07:53 AM
13 episodes is a little short imo
great series...my kind of comedy :p
shame that i've never noticed this series before ^^'

13 eps only ?! And I thought till now it's a full 26 ep series -_-

Lukiduk
04-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Nah, just 13, finished finally (excepting maybe an extra that will escape the notice of everyone but emule downloaders). This is one of my recent favorites, and yes it is slightly remeniscant of Maburaho. Sigh, I loved the first half of Maburaho.. then it well.. went down the <Bleeeper>. Hopefully more to come for this series, although I won't hold my breath or anything.

ChaosLoki
04-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I stopped after episode one. I guess I just have different tastes, it didn't really appeal to me. =/

level3
04-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Only picked it up today as I read the mangay before
Its really funnier than the manga, though manga has a higher level of service :p
Haruo will become stronger later probably in 2nd season in the anime

Tares
04-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Well I have to say I'm kind a disappointed with the ending -_-
What for were that 13 eps ? Just they could start over again ? plz -_- I expected something different. Eh, and I enjoyed this series so much.

miloy2k
04-24-2006, 07:38 AM
IMO, this series need a second season :p

sOt0nGz
04-24-2006, 08:39 AM
hmmm yeah.. need season 2.. that wasnt really an ending for a story.

KidSteel
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
This show became really tiresome when they tried to present a real story. I almost fell asleep in the last episode. And wth is with the voice of Haruo's kid sister? Kaneda Tomoko was cute as Chiyo-chan, but as Fuyuno she's plain creepy. Other than that it was a funny series to watch.

level3
04-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Just finished it. The anime's ending is very disappointing. I hope the manga won't use this sort of ending, everything ends in a hurry.
In fact, the main character is not simply a puppet with magical power in the manga. The main story is better in manga version while the early part of animation is really much more funnier.

seorang
04-26-2006, 09:16 AM
I agree, the ending has left a slightly bad taste in my mouth.

Guess that means more motivation to finish the manga, then.

kobolds
04-26-2006, 07:52 PM
true and i find a bit sad cause they going to keep repeat the 1 year life (to keep the mao undercontrol). basicly at the end back to eps 1 again.

Tares
04-26-2006, 09:55 PM
true and i find a bit sad cause they going to keep repeat the 1 year life (to keep the mao undercontrol). basicly at the end back to eps 1 again.

True, but I would say it's rather irritating than sad -_-

akaanime
04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I was really dissapointed with this anime's ending.

A eternity repeat of time, everything over and over and over. If I were to live like that and then I finally realized that I have been repeating my life over and over again, I will atleast try to beat the **** out of that demon lord than containing it just so I can repeat that process again...

Well I think the manga ending will be different, and I hope it will be.

Was going to give this anime a good score until the ending... :st:

zephyranthes
05-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Oh man...the ending simply destroyed the series for me. I was totally into it from the 1st eps... went thru it all in one day, then in the end, what do I get? I felt I wasted my time !!!

There aren't any translated manga out there right?

Riviera
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
I hope there is, I really want to read it as well. I loved the beginning but was slightly disappointed in the ending.

Wow, they wasted an entire episode just trying to seal the Maoh but it ended so quickly...

I just loved Maika's jealously when the other girls are trying to get him and also the part when they go back into the past.

dark998
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I agree. After all the good episodes, the ending was a real letdown.

akaanime
05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
I went back and checked episode 1 and and episode 13, and I saw something that might change my mind about the ending.

In episode one when Haruo met Maimiya, she really didn't have any emotion(of love) on her face, and Haruo was just 'normal' as well. But at the end of episode 13, you can see the differences in Haruo and Maimiya facial expression. This was the meeting with the cherry blossom-sakura. Maybe Maimiya remember what had happen, and Haruo has a faint hint as well(deep within).

ShadowZero1
05-02-2006, 09:03 PM
If HongFire, our Lord thy God, reccomends us to watch it then I think I will...

Even Hard Gay is in there :lol: If you watched Hard Gay Shows you will know who Hard Gay is.

... that has only convinced me more to pick up this series! :D