PDA

View Full Version : Rep: To show or not to show?

Boo
03-02-2006, 02:45 PM
(f) Hmm, b00-chan is having a hard time to decide. Should she cover her rep
with a black dot or show her rep with pride so everyone can see? The nice thing
about having visible rep is that you can see what rep you have recently
recieved and the comments from people who gave it, so that's nice. Sometimes
b00-chan feels a bit like a "show-off" with all her green dots, though. So it's hard
to decide.
Help b00-chan to decide, onegaishimasu! ^_^ (w)

wintypes
03-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey, I'm the first voter. Just for the reason that people sometimes use rep comments to address messages to you, you should use the rep system. And sometimes it does feel good to watch your green bacons :d. But it's still your choice.

gvbn
03-02-2006, 02:58 PM
replace all b00-chan's rep
bars with flowers

Tares
03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Do whatever you want ^_^ I would say, disable.

nick64
03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Reps were another way to show your e-penis, King Peter's is about 10,000+ inches worth of e-penis but frankly, i dont think many people care about it.

I think a while back, there was a topic on how to have lots of reps and the best method was to up some old, uncensored h-games and then the reps come in like regular clockwork.
Now, the best way to get reps would be to link a torrent from a chinese site and post it on here.

Boo
03-02-2006, 03:09 PM
replace all b00-chan's rep
bars with flowers
(f) b00-chan loves that suggestion! ^_^ Unfortunately I don't think it would be
possible. :( (w)

i disabled rep. i maxed it out almost a year ago (11 bars, beyond repute etc.) so it lost meaning. having never asked for a single rep point, i figured just to ignore it entirely.
(f) Yes, b00-chan maxed out her rep too about a month ago I think. She never
did ask for any rep either. (w)

wintypes
03-02-2006, 03:11 PM
well, the whole thing can become meaningless once you're out of bounds, I see.

Thyran
03-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I refer you to Wikipedia's largely ignored page about E-penis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-penis

An large E-pen0r can be obtained by having the coolest items in an MMORPG, have the latest technologies like a 7800 GTX card or a massive 600 GB harddisk.
That kind of thing.

gvbn
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
but b00-chan is a female

Thyran
03-02-2006, 03:47 PM
but b00-chan is a female
This is the internet.
Everyone has a pen0r.

KidSteel
03-02-2006, 03:58 PM
With half the forums being beyond repute, rep has no significance anymore (never had much, actually, but that's another story). Strangely enough a lot of people are still eagerly gathering it. So, if you choose black or green dots makes probably no difference. When you choose the black one, you can call the green ones rep-whores, and when you choose the green ones you can call the black ones elitist and self-satisfied. Choices, choices ...

What I don't like about disabling rep is that it hampers receiving comments. And a lot of people think I don't receive the comments, so they don't comment in the first place. But that's not quite true, I re-enable the rep once in a while and read the comments. It's a bit of a pain in the posterior, though. If that could be tweaked, so that the comments show regardless of rep dis- or enabled, it would be nice.

Boo
03-02-2006, 04:02 PM
If that could be tweaked, so that the comments show regardless of rep dis- or enabled, it would be nice.
(f) Yes, that's a good idea. b00-chan would like to read peoples comments
regardless of what my setting of showing my rep is. (w)

Thyran
03-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Reputation,To show or not to show? To answer this important question, I shall give you a quote by Shakespear:

To be or not to be,
that is the question,
whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer
the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune....

As Hamlet ponders the most important decision in his life, we face the same set of questions in choosing our careers, our partners, and other so-called rep-showing-decisions.
These are life decisions which do not occur frequently, but have huge consequences. Often, they determine the path we take for many years. And often they are irreversible.

Alas, no one can tell you what is right for you. Only you know this. Take a deep breath and let your inner feelings be heard.

Boo
03-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Alas, no one can tell you what is right for you. Only you know this. Take a deep breath and let your inner feelings be heard.
(f) But it's more fun to let you decide. ^_^ (w)

p4lad1n2000
03-02-2006, 04:52 PM
IMHO, I would say, we should show up our green bacon :D. Apart from being compared as our e-penis or whatever, we should know that, the comment/ critic on our post is very nice. Furthermore, from those comments or critics you can understand how people feel towards you :).

PS: what thyrz say may be true, follow your own heart, and let your heart decide it :)

YamiSouru MkIII
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
follow what your heart says..... *kill em, kill em all* /Yami laughs in a maniacal way and takes out a Gattling Gun waiting for the next masive walk that the oposition makes to show their unhappyness against the goverment...

well what can i say, i only see rep points as candies, ummmm candy... so i dont what bothers me, is the posibilitie of having negative reputation. you can be EVIL!!!, but what bothers me more, is that i just see little moron with only one block of bad rep, and then get banned. or worse, so it is not posible to attain the most highest expresion of bad reputation. no one has ever set this goal?, to get the most rep in a negative way?.

if you have some beneficial effects of having rep points like, uber human powers, or improved genetical shots that will mutate you, or other things, maybe goodies? H-Fire T Shirts, or Caps, or coolers, Hong Fire Stuff. so i could bear it with pride with my belly out and a beer in my hand. HO!!!! i dont even drink.

btw i feel compeled to push the b00-chan is cute, but im not sure.:kakashi:

p4lad1n2000
03-02-2006, 06:31 PM
follow what your heart says..... *kill em, kill em all* /Yami laughs in a maniacal way and takes out a Gattling Gun waiting for the next masive walk that the oposition makes to show their unhappyness against the goverment...

well what can i say, i only see rep points as candies, ummmm candy... so i dont what bothers me, is the posibilitie of having negative reputation. you can be EVIL!!!, but what bothers me more, is that i just see little moron with only one block of bad rep, and then get banned. or worse, so it is not posible to attain the most highest expresion of bad reputation. no one has ever set this goal?, to get the most rep in a negative way?.

if you have some beneficial effects of having rep points like, uber human powers, or improved genetical shots that will mutate you, or other things, maybe goodies? H-Fire T Shirts, or Caps, or coolers, Hong Fire Stuff. so i could bear it with pride with my belly out and a beer in my hand. HO!!!! i dont even drink.

btw i feel compeled to push the b00-chan is cute, but im not sure.

I would like to say that I'm planning to make a new account with a 4 red bars :D.... it would be fun, don't you think :p
*p4lad1n will defames himself :p*
Yet, it only exist as a plan :D

I think b00-chan is cute too....so I vote for the opt :p

PS: @YamiSouru MKIII: It will be nice to get a real merchandise from HF (no more e-cookies, or e-cakes).... :D

YamiSouru MkIII
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
umm but actually is as you say, for being a moron and bother others, not for be really evil and do bad, really bad stuff, so the posibility of being really evil is almost null.

BTW, stop looking at me like that b00-chan, those cute eyes wont charm me to push da button!!!!. arrrrrghhh must resist.*put on glasses*>:D

p4lad1n2000
03-02-2006, 06:53 PM
BTW, stop looking at me like that b00-chan, those cute eyes wont charm me to push da button!!!!. arrrrrghhh must resist.*put on glasses*

Give it up already :wink wink: :nudge nudge:

umm but actually is as you say, for being a moron and bother others, not for be really evil and do bad, really bad stuff, so the posibility of being really evil is almost null.

I don't think you will find anyone like that in this forum :).....Since, the mod will banned them as soon as they spotted them :D

Desmonthes might say something like......*enemy spotted* click click click
*enemy banned* :D

Kouji
03-02-2006, 06:53 PM
What I don't like about disabling rep is that it hampers receiving comments. And a lot of people think I don't receive the comments, so they don't comment in the first place. But that's not quite true, I re-enable the rep once in a while and read the comments. It's a bit of a pain in the posterior, though. If that could be tweaked, so that the comments show regardless of rep dis- or enabled, it would be nice.

Yea,i do the same, i see some people leaving comments sometimes & i wish to read them, to back you cant have rep disabled but still being able to see the comments ^^

Black dot ftw \o/ haha, that brings back memories:p

Fanin
03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
That is for you to decide.
Since so many members have maximized their rep bars, there is hardly any pride left. What counts is what others remembered you as.

wyze
03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Actually I have seen one person who got three red dots without being banned. He was being reallying annoying to many people. So in just one day, his status when from four green dots to three red dots. I believe this guy set an all time record for collecting -reps.
(6_-)a.....i believe you might be referring to stoic.

Fanin
03-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Actually I have seen one person who got three red dots without being banned. He was being reallying annoying to many people. So in just one day, his status when from four green dots to three red dots. I believe this guy set an all time record for collecting -reps.

5 - leading red rep (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/member.php?u=77691)
He's very entertaining real :D I had high hope he would be the first member to reach 11 red rep bars without being banned :D

p4lad1n2000
03-02-2006, 09:33 PM
5 - leading red rep
He's very entertaining real :D I had high hope he would be the first member to reach 11 red rep bars without being banned :D

What the ?..... is he that evil until all people defaming him?

Kitee
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
It's up to you to decide b00lean. The worst is being indecisive. Though listening to other people's opinions is good too, but you should still have an opinion of your own as well.

As for reps. They've become too meaningless. People give you +rep and -rep for almost any reason nowadays. And not to mention that maxing out the bars is so easy now. Just get repped 20 times by king peter and you have maxed rep bars. ^^

I would go for black dots, since the reputation system isn't what it was used to be. I remembered how happy I was when I recieved my 2nd bar, but that's old news. ^^

Fanin
03-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't think he's evil. He just complained lots. Too bad his best posts were deleted :d

p4lad1n2000
03-02-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't think he's evil. He just complained lots. Too bad his best posts were deleted

I can see that :).... Considering, how he got 5 red bars :p....Anyway, let's back to topic, shall we ? :D

Kitee
03-03-2006, 01:13 AM
It's more like. If someone unpopular goes against the majority. Chances are, that member will gain plenty of neg reps.

I'm not saying if that 5-red-bar member's posts are right or not, since I haven't seen his posts, but I'm just generalizing it. ^^

Getting 5 red bars isn't too hard. There are members who only joined for a month, or those that have less than 100 posts have 11 rep bars. ^^

Fanin
03-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Getting 5 red bars isn't too hard. There are members who only joined for a month, or those that have less than 100 posts have 11 rep bars. ^^
hehe, rep powers these days are so godly compared to the old days. XD
My second bar took me 4 months. Gaining 16 repp from a person was like WOW O.O LOL

Redsuns
03-06-2006, 09:14 PM
I could only say that just leave the rep thing as it is but it is better you get good rep but don't be a REP WHORE like someone we know here. (Don't ask me who it is)

helixfire
03-06-2006, 09:24 PM
boo-chan, i voted "Oh, b00-chan, you're just too cute! ^_^"
i say show your rep points. Show them how cool you are with your boobs face forward. Spread your legs and expose those rep points. ^_^

April Angela
03-06-2006, 09:50 PM
i just spam reputation point who participate at underground games.
>.>

love spread!!! ~~, or spam?

IndigoLily
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I was going to choose the "show rep" option... But I just couldn't resist the third choice. ^_^;

Boo
03-06-2006, 11:04 PM
I was going to choose the "show rep" option... But I just couldn't resist the third choice. ^_^;
(f) Tehee, b00-chan knew putting that option in would be a bad idea. ^_^;
Maybe b00-chan should listen to onee-chan, though, and turn rep on. ^_^ (w)

Bubblemonkey
03-07-2006, 12:06 AM
To show or not to show....doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I like to keep mine out there because the green phallic symbol just looks more attractive to me than the single black dot....looks too much like a mole IMO.

Never really gave a rat's patooey about what my rep was, so one or eleven bars, it was all the same to me (though I do have to admit, having people +rep you for something you wrote does give you a warm fuzzy feeling).

Other than to see what people thought about my posts through the comments they made (which is probably the only real reason I check my User CP), I really don't care whether the rep system goes or stays. If the rep system could be replaced with a user feedback system instead, I'd be perfectly happy with that too.....as long as we don't have to have a mole underneath our user stats....

helixfire
03-07-2006, 05:16 PM
@angela: "i would say love spread!!! ~_~"
@angela: just take a look at those them.....
@angela: i can sense love is in the air.
@boo-chan: ;D
@lily-san: i have no gender. I a a divine being ^_^. *it a secret*
lalala, nice rep points boo-chan.^^

Kitee
03-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I would say love spread is not a good reason to give reps, but then, everyone have their own reasons to give out points.

I was neg repped for speaking out, so be sure to remind yourselves if giving out the neg rep is morally right, not just because you don't like it. ^^

Knifes
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I dun know abut you people, but this post summed it up pretty well...
:p

So you're saying that the mods are evil? And what do you mean by MY rep? What about YOUR rep?

It's BLACK! The color of EVIL!

The black thing, combined with the fact that I have more rep than you, makes me think that perhaps you don't fully understand the depth of what you're saying.

I, however, have you totally figured out.

I think you've got a crush on me.

Stoic
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=511145&postcount=30
*note the words I bolded

Yep, and other than that, times have changed and some opinions have reversed compared to what I would have said a year ago. Though if you put a gun to my head... my reps are really there for aesthetics (black dots look weird and have an ominous meaning of compensating for something (in a negative light) ^^;;;

Tigerofthewind
03-07-2006, 09:54 PM
b00-chan? I thought you were a guy. This probably the Knifes phenomenon all over again.