PDA

View Full Version : Controlled Dreams

fatherofmako
04-10-2006, 03:44 AM
I only remember a few dreams from my whole life. The ones I do remember consistr of wierd things but go back a long time.
I remember one dream i had when i was around 4 years old and its stuck in my memory forever. I was walking in a dull grey parking lot with my mother holding my hand.
The parking lot is the only thing for miles and its surrounded by short green grass. In the top right corner of this unusually small lot there is a slender but tall castle. By the front door which is there but blurred and not really visible to me, there is a clown standing and waving at me. There is also a clown hanging out of a window high up and waving at me. The clowns in this castle are all friendly and not scary looking. I remember walking through the castle and feels alot like a hospital but has a single bowling alley in the center. I just walk by the clown by the ball rack and he stares at me.
This i believ was my first " controlled dream" as i like to call it although i didnt know it at the time. I havent researched this online yet but im going to post this topic here first.
"Lucid Dreams" are dream in which you become at least somewhat aware of the fact that you are dreaming.
I used to have a repeating controlled dream in which i was all alone in my house and it was a rainy day. Im just in my house and im standing there. When i became aware of the fact that i was dreaming i had fun by running through my house in my dream knowing that i was dreaming. My house was completely the same in the dream down to detail. I didnt remember this dream until i started writing this either. I was four or five years old at this time. Lately i have been very depressed and have had a hard time sleeping but from that i have become increasingly better at being aware in my dreams and enjoying them to there full extent. It began one night when i was dreaming and i justed became aware of myself and I thought to myself if this is a dream i can do anything??? Well you can. I began to run and jump and fly through the air. In these dreams when i am aware i can feel the wind blowing on me and hear music. Now ive not become fully in control because the dream feels like a dream still but i remember it perfectly when i wake up. I've ran on all fours like a cheetah in these kind of dreams and on many occasions done wierd focusing of energy into my palms and fought people like in Anime shows.
So before i go to sleep i try to concentrate on something i want dream about and when you enter the hlaf asleep state you can open and and close yours eyes and see whats happening around you in the real world and close them to return to a dream.
Recently i was all stressed out and i wanting to get peacful and calm so i closed my eyes and completely concentrated on a single thing and tried to visualize it and when i start toi fall asleep i am still aware of my concentration so i move freely through an environment i create. I Made a small castle in my mind. It had Many windows and yellow light like at a setting sun was shooting through. I kept going innto rooms and up spiral staircases and then i opened my eyes and looked around my friends basement and closed them and went back to the castle. It gave a full centered,blissful,Peaceful feeling. It was the first time i felt happy in a long time. Ive expiremented a few times with other stuff too. I have concentrated on a song and heard it in its entirety complete to detail. Ive even played the video game Jak 2 in my dream and i was actually controlling it. My friend asked me a strange question the other day. He asked me if i could play out songs in my head or if i can talk in my mind using his voice ... I thought about it for a minute....and tried it...and i could.... And he asked me if i knew how that worked. I responded that i didnt but it has stuck with me for a few weeks now.
I now believe that everthing ive ever heard or thought can be reached through my dreams and im going to slowly try to develop an ability to recall things through my dreams and take full control of my mind when im sleeping. Maybe that is what hypnosis is....so this is kinda like self-hypnosis.
I Know this is long and probably stupid to read but please i want know if any other people have tried this and if so..have you acheved a higher understanding of control over your dreams?

wintypes
04-10-2006, 03:46 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

fatherofmako
04-10-2006, 03:49 AM
And now i feel retarted but oh well......

BlowjobFandango
04-10-2006, 03:54 AM
Well it appears that the more you age, the less control you have over your dreams. When I was a kid I could do whatever the hell I wanted in my dreams, and could manipulate everything at my own will, even the passing of time (in my dream). I remember only once in my lifetime that in my dream I wished for it to last forever, and I could've sworn I was living that fantasy life for so long that I forgot about reality. It seemed as if an entire day, that's right AN ENTIRE DAY passed in my dream before I woke up, I must've slept like 7 hours but I still had one of the longest dreams in my life.

Whereas now people tend to sleep more and dream less. Maybe in the future scientists will create devices to control dreams, that would be nice.

Dan Chan
04-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Interesting...

I haven't ever fully been in control of my dreams to tell the truth, but I've noticed that I have more control over my dreams in times when i've been under prolonged periods of emotional stress. I find myself sleeping through a lot more of my dreams and having less control the more cush my life is.

Reoccuring dreams are usually a sign that you're in a state of deep sleep where you won't be woken up by conventional means (the dreams usually have to scare you out of the sleep), so it's common to have them when you're younger and sleep harder.

The methods of self hypnotism are pretty interesting though. I think i'll look into it a little bit further and perhaps experiment a little in my free time.

fatherofmako
04-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Thx for that link im going to try to get some of those books but this confirmed alot of the stuff ive been thinking about. Sleep paralysis is scary as all hel..you geta all paranoid and you cant breathe right...at least i cant it sucks cause i always thin something bad has happened when nothing bad has happened. One that i commonly have is ill be in my room laying there with my eyes opened looking at my room but in my head i have this belief that im counting stuff in my room when im really not.Then i lose focus and everything in my room splits into billions of little pieces and if imj going to get out of my room i have to count them all. That is the worst feeling in the world. For some reason i always had this kinda dream when my mom would watch the movie "Copycat". I think it had sigourney weaver in it....i dunno ive never watched the movie because of the sinking feeling i get just from thinking about it now. I havent slept in 2 days now so hopefully ill be getting some goo testing on all of this soon. Im not too tired right now but soon. i will be.

Soliber
04-10-2006, 06:47 AM
I hardly ever even remember my dreams, but some time ago, I dreamt that I was fighting a bloodred snake, at the bank of a river. What's wrong with me:D

Unit1Evangelion
04-10-2006, 10:10 AM
The real question is. Can you wake up after a dream and continue it later?

I have been able to control dreams to a point. I don't like to take too much control then there is no suprise or challenge. I love to dream though, so when I wake from it, I get some water and go back to sleep to continue that same dream. This will happen 3+ times throughout a night :D

Faylar
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
I always wondered how I controlled dreams. There was this point on time where I just...controlled...a dream like once every two weeks. That was a year or so ago...can't seem to do it now. I tried all kinds of things like overexausting (is that even a word) myself. Not working :(

Thyran
04-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Hmm, I've never been in control of dreams, I tried though.
Because I'm always aware of the dream. I can wake up at any point I want when I'm dreaming.
But every time I tried to control my dreams, I woke up...

mordecaix2052
04-10-2006, 11:18 AM
hmm its good that you guys have Lucid dreams...I cant control them although i know I Am dreaming...now only if I have a BGSi which I can control...hehhe..now I will spend my time hapilly in a comatose...

BruceKO
04-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Maybe in the future scientists will create devices to control dreams, that would be nice.
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34567&highlight=dreaming+machine

mordecaix2052
04-10-2006, 11:31 AM
hehe that one yeah....like i said, mind is a terrible thing to waste...

BlowjobFandango
04-10-2006, 11:33 AM
The real question is. Can you wake up after a dream and continue it later?

yeah that happened to me a couple of times. Once for example I was having this weird dream where I was whipping a lion with toilet paper (?) and then I woke up because of a small quake; after 3 minutes it stopped and I resumed my friekish dream...

mordecaix2052
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
heh..I envy you guys...most of ny dreams(if there are any right now)are one shot ****ed up affairs where Mickey Mouse would gladly reside in...how do you guys do that?

icie
04-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I can control my dreams. If they get too scary I'll emerge from it then plunge back down to "refresh" my dream and get a new one. If I wanted to play some more in the dream even though it's scary I can control events or give myself special powers to extricate myself from scary dream situations. I guess it's cheating in a way, but it's my own dreams so...

Camille
04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I dream like every night but ive never been able to controll my dreams in any way...not that im aware of/remember anyway. Ive got a very imaginative mind even when awake so my dreams are often truly...psychadelic.

Unit1Evangelion
04-10-2006, 05:25 PM
I can control my dreams. If they get too scary I'll emerge from it then plunge back down to "refresh" my dream and get a new one. If I wanted to play some more in the dream even though it's scary I can control events or give myself special powers to extricate myself from scary dream situations. I guess it's cheating in a way, but it's my own dreams so...
Haha. You kno how many people have nightmares as a kid, hell even when they are grown-up. I learned how to control myself in a dream to prevent those like you. I have never had a nightmare.

fatherofmako
04-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah i had a semi-lucid dream last night ,the contents of which may be considered inappropriate... But at least i got it to work...i had partial controll hbut there was too much going on in the room and my friends woke me up. ill try some more tonight though...

C.A.
04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
im another lucid dreamer lol, honestly i get worried when im not able to control my dreams. when i cant control my dreams they usually end up as nightmares

i can also continue my dreams, i have to put in some effort in that though. i have to remember that dream before i can continue with it.

when i come to threads talking about dreams i always post this little story:

i have dreams of getting into fights, but theres this barrier i cant break when im fighting in my dreams: kicking. i found out the reason one night though, why i couldnt execute kicks in my dreams. i woke up from a dream one night finding myself punching the air, i realised im actually punching in the bed while dreaming. another day i woke up finding myself kicking my heavy blanket out of the bed, confirming my theory: i couldnt kick in my bed because my heavy blanket held down my legs.

when i dream i can control everything i do, i used to be able to manipulate the 'NPCs' in my dream a little, but im not sure whether i really did that

my latest dream this morning was a lucid dream too, i woke up thrice at night(yea i have some sleeping disorders sometimes lol) and continued the dream throughout. in this dream i met with a whole bunch of friends from my previous schools. we are in a school chalet event or activity camp or something. it was pretty fun, we were chatting with each other. i guess i miss my old friends lol

some tips for lucid dreams: be very tired, and sleep in noisy afternoons. scientific research suggest dreams are interpretations of your surroundings while youre asleep. while you are sleeping your sense of hearing, smell and touch are still active. if youre in a noisy environment, your brain will create lots of interpretations to this, same goes for smell and touch.

one experiment on some sleeping volunteers showed that when the scientists play sounds of the ocean breeze and wind, the samples dreamt that they are at the beach or on a mountain or some grassland. next sirens well played and they dreamt of infernos and accidents.

if you sleep in peaceful silent nights, you are going to have less 'interesting' dreams

Unit1Evangelion
04-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Ever had anyone play the sound of running water while you slept?
Thats evil.

C.A.
04-10-2006, 09:06 PM
lol that reminds me of the 'chinese water torture' where a victim is strapped tight and water is dripped on his forehead until he goes insane

never heard dripping water when i go to bed/ while sleeping, not sure if sleeping during a storm counts

but sleeping during rainy weather is the coolest lol

solarenemy
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM
I think some of you may be confusing out of body experiences for lucid dreaming. Dreams that you have control over are most likely an out of body experience. True dreams are nothing more then your brain trying to make since of all the images both consiences and subconsiences that it saw during the day. Your brain will try to piece them into a logical order and this is what we see as dreams. A Lucid dream is a dream you are aware of and can vividly remember when you wake up and nothing more really.. If you are in control of things during this and are able to do things and enteract with things then you are having an out of body experince. The creatures you encounter are simply spirits, elementals and such that exist and are bound to certain planes due to there spiritual energy. You however are not bound since you can borrow as much energy as you need from your body. So when you encounter a harmful being on a lower plane you can simply boost your spirit which will cause you to move to a higher and safer plane. If you suddenly wake up as if a sudden shock or jolt awoke you then it was an out of body experince and not a dream. The shock is from re entering your body.

C.A.
04-10-2006, 09:36 PM
OOBEs are different from lucid dreams, you do control your actions in lucid dreams. the 2nd post of this thread has a wikipedia link which also says the same.

in OOBEs you experience events that are real and happening in the world when your spirit leaves your body. its not as supernatural as described by you.

solarenemy
04-10-2006, 10:00 PM
As quoted from Wiki.

Lucid dreamers regularly describe their dreams as exciting, colourful, and fantastic. Many compare it to a spiritual experience and say that it changed their lives or their perception of the world.

I still say your having OOBE's. They can be in any form not just real world or time. Your not limited to a physical form so time or place or deminsion has no bearing on when or where you go.

That passage also said you could control the content of the dream. I dont see this as controlling the dream. Controlling contenet simply means adding or removing certain things but not controlling the dream itself. Basicly you might just be directing it. But it will still progress the way your brain perceives the information.

Heres the definition from wiki.
Lucid dreaming is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming, resulting in a much clearer ("lucid") experience and usually enabling direct control over the content of the dream. The complete experience from start to finish is called a lucid dream. Stephen LaBerge, a popular author and experimenter on the subject, has defined it as "dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming." [1]

As you see it says control over content but not the dream. It is simply just a very vivid dream. This is why I say you are most likely having OOBE's. With those you are more likely to have the abilities and do the things you are suggesting.

C.A.
04-10-2006, 10:07 PM
it would be cool to know that im actually having OOBEs lol, i have always wanted to experience that

but i really dont think i had such an experience

well ive read this story of this person who can astral travel by will, so he visited and described mars before NASA sent their first probes to mars. wat he described match NASA's findings lol

solarenemy
04-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Well I was just giving you my experince since I have done alot of experiments in this. The one thing I have found is that for OOBE's your destination has to be something that truly interest you. You can't just go anywhere on a whim. There has to be a strong desire or drive to go there. I read a stroy about a guy who claims he projected and walked on the surface of the sun two days in the future and predicted the exact loaction and time of a very large solar flare he was even able to draw the shape exactly two days befor it happened. So there are some pretty amazing things you could do.. I have also read that it is impossible to do something in a dream that your body and mind have never really experinced. This is why you can't die in a dream. Its because your body doesnt know how. You will always wake up right before the moment of death. Now if your in an accident and have a near death experience then its possible you could dream about dieing. But you could actually die as well if that happens. Dream have a direct influence on your real body as you noted by your punching and kicking.

solarenemy
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Well JinJin your kinda special..:) I didnt say everyone was having OOBE's. Although seeing your own body isnt uncommon. But since your seeing yourself participating in the dream then it is probably just that. A dream that your brain is interpretting as a third person view. Most likely it envolves you insuch away that your brain cant see it from your view. So it sees it in third person.

C.A.
04-10-2006, 10:28 PM
hmmm dont people get to see their own bodies when they have and OOBE experience? but i guess they wont get to see themselves in action

3rd person dreams are quite unusual, i dont think ive experienced anything like this

solarenemy
04-10-2006, 10:44 PM
You would normally see your body if you looked back at where it is. But you wouldnt see it moving around and doing things. I dont think I have ever experienced a third person dream myself either. I'm not sure if that would be cool or freaky. Actually I think I might have at one time but I don't recall it that well.

fatherofmako
04-10-2006, 10:56 PM
As far as i can remember ive never had a nightmare that really scared me that bad...Ive had one that my dad was trying to kill me..and one that the guy who live across the street was trying to rape me......ok that one scared me...i didnt talk to him for like a month. Tonight im going to try setting my friends Stereo alarm for my 6th hour of sleep. It says on wikipedia that Lucid dreams take place in real time unlike other dreams. So i should get at least a half hour of good dreaming.Ididnt know people actually had out of body experiences. Im going to start doing meditation exercises and im going to try to get my hands on some sedatives. This is awesome everyone thx for your input and i would like it if everyone tried to do some lucid dreaming themselves and tell us about it.

Unit1Evangelion
04-10-2006, 11:28 PM
If you want a OOBE, use Special K and put yourself into a K hole. Just don't do too much and come back(sort of speak) otherwise you can go into a state of coma or you can come out a totally different person.

No offense Solarenemy but can you show proof of your findings and/or theorys? I honestly think that is too far fetched.

pdoqadk
04-11-2006, 11:20 AM
I had this weird dream once. I see a person and I know it to be me. Who is the I then? Another person.

mordecaix2052
04-11-2006, 11:32 AM
damn..just had a good one this morning...its the same dream again where I am always running away from something and snakes are entangling me...oddly enough those snakes dont ever bite me or eat me..they are just content seeing me tied down like theyre about to BDSM me...

YamiSouru MkIII
04-11-2006, 11:39 AM
damn..just had a good one this morning...its the same dream again where I am always running away from something and snakes are entangling me...oddly enough those snakes dont ever bite me or eat me..they are just content seeing me tied down like theyre about to BDSM me...

dont see too muich hentai before sleeping, or you will have this dream like mine were i was with this succubus and... well the rest is RP 17+... after i woke up, i had this dream were i was downgraded from the Uni, and went back to High School, and that was a third person dream, but in some parts i became first person, umm third person is when you can see yourself doing the actions oustide your body right??, its this like when you leave your body, umm how is this called in english, in spanish is Desdoblamiento. i had many of those experiences and still have em, that is what i think is a dream, when i pass on that place, i feel a Deja Vu, and then run,umm not too nice to feel.

but i cant control my dreams, i want to dream with gundam, and no, i dream with somthing bizzare or strange, i tell ya, if someone looks in my dreams, he might make the most terrifing and evil horror movie of all times. 100% guaranteed to make you **** your pants.

Neo Zeed
04-12-2006, 12:10 AM
I'd tell you guys about the only lucid dream I ever had but then I'd probably end up in a psych ward. Lets just say it was a bit on the sadistic/guro side.

mordecaix2052
04-12-2006, 01:58 AM
dont see too muich hentai before sleeping, or you will have this dream like mine were i was with this succubus and... well the rest is RP 17+... after i woke up, i had this dream were i was downgraded from the Uni, and went back to High School, and that was a third person dream, but in some parts i became first person, umm third person is when you can see yourself doing the actions oustide your body right??, its this like when you leave your body, umm how is this called in english, in spanish is Desdoblamiento. i had many of those experiences and still have em, that is what i think is a dream, when i pass on that place, i feel a Deja Vu, and then run,umm not too nice to feel.

but i cant control my dreams, i want to dream with gundam, and no, i dream with somthing bizzare or strange, i tell ya, if someone looks in my dreams, he might make the most terrifing and evil horror movie of all times. 100% guaranteed to make you **** your pants.

I aint watching Hentai for the past two weeks dude..and Im not shitting you...I just got tired of spankung ze monkey...besides im too busy at work,trying to suck up to females, and all that...and kabam! nice dream! besides,ive been dreaming the same dream although with different styles since last year..and all in first person if I might add...