PDA

View Full Version : love...

bubbles123
05-03-2006, 02:20 PM
lol. hey ppl. how are u doing?
i hope u all are doing great!
lol. me is tired.lol. i have to rewst to gather energy for homework. yuck!
so, the question is:::::::::
what is love to u?
like, love ... is something woderful,blah,blah,and blah.
well,for me love is another reason to live for, something to look forward to.
well, have a good day!
peace out!:D

Raziell
05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
So the question is, what is love to you?

Love to me was, the most incredible thing I'd ever felt, I just wish that... it wasn't such a temporary thing. After I lost love, life has never felt the same, it's felt empty and, very monotonous and boring. When I was in love, every day felt great, and special, I looked forward to waking up in the morning. Now, I'm no longer in love, but I still long for that girl sometimes, and I've never been the same. Sometimes, I wonder if I'd have been better off never meeting her. So that's what love is, or was, to me.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 02:36 PM
To me, love is what I live for. I was going nowhere before love.

gvbn
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
love is my right hand. love
is music. love is 100+ seeders.
and free software

StarWarsGalaxies
05-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Love is basically a dependency. I wouldn't compare it to drug dependency, but it is very obvious that humans "get used to" certain things in their life to the point where that target's existence is considered normal. If the dependency on the existence of that target is so extreme, that if the existence was to vanish and cause pain of some type, then I would call this love.

I derived this from thinking about ones/things that I love and asking myself why.

sylph
05-03-2006, 04:02 PM
love transcends lust.. ^_^ it's the emotion of affection(s) for others, ranging at the infinite subtle levels from mutual acquaintance to intimate closeness..

YamiSouru MkIII
05-03-2006, 04:15 PM
answer: im densha, but without hermes...

wintypes
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
jinjin's elaboration casts doubts on the existence of a the free will. When even something we consider as sacred as love is just some predictable chemical reaction...

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 05:05 PM
jinjin I found that article really interesting (and actually kind of exciting). I do have to agree with wintypes, though. While I do think the article is factual I also think that there is more to love than just a chemical reaction.

YamiSouru MkIII
05-03-2006, 05:08 PM
JinJin post reminded me of the Ep of School Rumble were they explained the bridge phenomenon...

MrWiseman
05-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, I'm probably going to sound like an emo fag, but love is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing. You get into all sorts of trouble and waste all kinds of time for love. And it's the primary source of unhappiness, angst, and other worthless feelings.

You can get lucky and find your love, but so far I had about one part of fun for every fifteen parts of crap from love, and I was not completely happy until I managed to stop caring for love. Now I have all I need.

YamiSouru MkIII
05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
a question that passed my mind JInJin, do gay have the same system, i mean a human body chemistry example man... is that of a man, and he secretes feromones that attract women, and vice versa, so how come that gays arent affected by this... does this mean that even if their bodies are of a man,they have the chemistry of a Women?, its somewhat irrational, i mean, if that is false, then if you have the chemistry of a men, you might feel repulsion or neutral near a men, or does the mindset that he thinks that men are attractive, makes the brain send a signal to the hormones to change chemistry... its somewhat weird what im thinking here, but my brain is in disarray now, the only thing that is passing my mind is WOW, sorry if im not making sense, dont know how to explain well the question, but in short, gays should not be gay because their chemistry, the chemistry of a man tells them to go for Women.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 05:21 PM
MrWiseman, it is true that the great things that come with love also bring along their shadows. It's part of life.

However if you have "had about one part of fun for every fifteen parts of crap from love", then you are just haven't found the right person.

Thyran
05-03-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29316

bubbles, your posts are generally annoying enough already, duplicating threads is ever more annoying. -.-

MrWiseman
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
@JinJin: Interesting article. I don't think it's all down to chemicals though; I still think personality matters the most in who I like.

However if you have "had about one part of fun for every fifteen parts of crap from love", then you are just haven't found the right person.Most surely so, but I have been dating and meeting quite a few and none of them seem to be suitable (as in rational, interesting, and able to feel at least one third of what I can of any kind of feeling). I may have been amusingly unlucky, but the ones I saw seem to be clueless about love, fun, hatred, and pretty much everything; they had 6 years old emotionally-wise, and little more years mentally-wise. I feel like a babysitter around them, and just don't enjoy the crap they spurt at me over the phone because they liked the other dress better and her friend didn't call her and so and so. Plus their favourite subject was usually c(s)hit-chat.

Fanin
05-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Love is a psychological disorder.

Thyran
05-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Love is a psychological disorder.
Well that's very original, but also makes the least sense of all things mentioned here.

Love is an evolutionairy benefit in order to strengthen groups and keep human survival rates high. So a psychological disorder is pretty much excluded.

tenjouten
05-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Love is the answer

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Most surely so, but I have been dating and meeting quite a few and none of them seem to be suitable (as in rational, interesting, and able to feel at least one third of what I can of any kind of feeling). I may have been amusingly unlucky, but the ones I saw seem to be clueless about love, fun, hatred, and pretty much everything; they had 6 years old emotionally-wise, and little more years mentally-wise. I feel like a babysitter around them, and just don't enjoy the crap they spurt at me over the phone because they liked the other dress better and her friend didn't call her and so and so. Plus their favourite subject was usually c(s)hit-chat.
There are billions upon billions of girls in the world. I doubt your "quite a few" makes a dent:P Also, cllearly you only go after certain types of girls (idiots). That's why you aren't having any luck.

MrWiseman
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
There are billions upon billions of girls in the world. I doubt your "quite a few" makes a dent:P Also, cllearly you only go after certain types of girls (idiots). That's why you aren't having any luck.Can't find the non-idiots anywhere in real life :/ . Maybe I fail at this. At least I don't care as I used to.

gvbn
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Love is the answer
no. regret is the answer

To me, love is what I live for. I was going nowhere before love.
maybe you're just crazy
enough to think that you
have experienced it. like re-

Fanin
05-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Well that's very original, but also makes the least sense of all things mentioned here.

Love is an evolutionairy benefit in order to strengthen groups and keep human survival rates high. So a psychological disorder is pretty much excluded.
You can disagree with me if you wish. That's just my way of looking at it.

ReS
05-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Love makes the world go round, more than money, I TELL YOU ! ;D ;D

Bubblemonkey
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Well, I'm probably going to sound like an emo fag, but love is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing. You get into all sorts of trouble and waste all kinds of time for love. And it's the primary source of unhappiness, angst, and other worthless feelings.
Hahaha...I have a friend who's all emo and I just want to punch him in the face half the time....

"Stop bringing me down you @ss...cry to your mommy if you really feel that way!"

Anyway, love is all chemical, like Jinjin pointed out, so there's no real romanticizing that part of it. How do you know love is love? Well, as I see it, if the #(@# hits the fan and you're willing to sacrifice yourself for the benefit of another with no hesitation and no regret, then that's love....everything else is simply a crush or infatuation.

solarenemy
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Love is watching the sun rise on her face in the morning.

Thyran
05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
People that romanticize love really annoy me most of the time. People that think love is everything, and that you're nowhere without love.
It's just like a strongly religious person trying to comprehend the fact that one can live without believing in a god.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
You know what, love is definitely not "just chemical".

Reading that article, I realized that it was also describing my sister and her boyfriend. According to the article my sister and her boyfriend are in love. They say they love each other, they are always together and they have gotten quite emotional about it, both of them crying saying that they love each other after a fight. There are other numerous signs pointed out by it.

But this is bullsh*t.

They fight constantly. He cheats on her on a frequent basis, calls her names and treats her like sh*t, and worst of all he hits her and just recently sprained her wrist.

That is not love, that's bullsh*t.

Edit: @Thyran: don't start the religious crap up again (you weren't the one that started it, I know). Love is very different from religion.

Bubblemonkey
05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
You know what, love is definitely not "just chemical".

Reading that article, I realized that it was also describing my sister and her boyfriend. According to the article my sister and her boyfriend are in love. They say they love each other, they are always together and they have gotten quite emotional about it, both of them crying saying that they love each other after a fight. There are other numerous signs pointed out by it.

But this is bullsh*t.

They fight constantly. He cheats on her on a frequent basis, calls her names and treats her like sh*t, and worst of all he hits her and just recently sprained her wrist.

That is not love, that's bullsh*t.
You're looking too much at the details. With humans, EVERYTHING is chemical...we're nothing but a walking chemical factory :D

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Everything is chemical, I don't believe that crap for a second. For those who don't see love as anything special, do you love your family? Your friends? You call that chemical? That's sad. You may as well be an android, talking like that.

solarenemy
05-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I love you bunnygirl.. Oh wait thats just chemical indigestion....:)
Actualy I have to agree with bunnygirl on this one..

Bubblemonkey
05-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Sure, it'd be nice if there was some sort of magical energy force out there called "Amore" that tapped you with a magic wand and BAM, you're in love, but when reality hits, everything that humans feel is simply a result of a chemical reaction within our bodies trained by social conventions.

Pretty? No. True? Pretty much.

All the artistic and romantic notions of love being magical or spiritual were precipitated from the rose-colored view of the world that the euphoric feelings generated from the various chemical phenomenon within the human body and were simply attempts to express those feelings in a way that was easily recognizable to others in a way to feel connected (we are social creatures after all). At the end of the day, if those chemical reactions weren't happening, you wouldn't be 'in love'. You wouldn't be feeling much of anything.

Just because love is nothing more than a byproduct of our evolution doesn't make it any less real or important. It just doesn't really help to keep thinking there's anything more to it than there really is.

Ooooh....the pragmatist strikes again...I'm bringing myself down going on about this. Back to pretending to be ignorantly blissful..........

Areskel
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Love is the chemical reaction to someone or something that we react incredibly positively to; in the case of a thing, it gives us incredible pleasure to see it flourish, and we'll do all we can do assure it flourishes; in the case of another person it drives us to irrationality, running through hoops for someone just to see them smile, for them to be happy. And bloody 'ell is it worth it. It is something that makes us irrational, that releases us from our reality and is in essence the fountain of all creativity, atleast for me.

As for using chemical reactions to explain our emotions being dehumanising, I don't believe that. Chemical reactions are what makes our cells alive, it's what makes us alive. Chemical reactions are life itself, and life is nothing more than chemical reactions. There is no point in denying it. However, just because it's chemical doesn't mean it's not worthwhile, that it's not incredible, that it's not something we can say is what makes us human. Something doesn't have to be incredible to be beautiful. Something can be incredibly simple, but still beautiful. The beauty of chemistry is its ordered simplicity, however it creates things which are truly amazing, and it in no way is dehumanising.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
@Bubblemonkey: Yep, android. Being able to love is what makes us human. You can talk about chemical reactions and x's and y's all you want.

Btw, I didn't say love isn't chemical. I said there is more to it than that.

I just consider myself lucky that I think and feel like a human.

@Areskel: Perhaps, but there are chemical reactions in animals too. We may as well be all looked at in the same way.

Thyran
05-03-2006, 07:08 PM
I wasn't planning to respond on your post, but I'd just like to point out that it feels (omgz the android can feel!?) like I'm reading a post by S&T.
Bullsh*t this, bullsh*t that. I never said religion and love are the same. I was just comparing your post with one of a religious fanatic's.

Oh and thanks for that post Bubblemonkey, you definitely hit my G-spot there. Now turn into a woman plx.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
I wasn't planning to respond on your post, but I'd just like to point out that it feels (omgz the android can feel!?) like I'm reading a post by S&T.
Bullsh*t this, bullsh*t that. I never said religion and love are the same. I was just comparing your post with one of a religious fanatic's.

Oh and thanks for that post Bubblemonkey, you definitely hit my G-spot there. Now turn into a woman plx.
Ouch...S&T, that's a burn. However the bullsh*t this, bullsh*t that thing was out of my anger for my sister and her boyfriend. If you'd notice, that's the only post where I did that.

Bubblemonkey
05-03-2006, 07:40 PM
@Thyran: :huh: Thanks.....I think

@Bubblemonkey: Yep, android. Being able to love is what makes us human. You can talk about chemical reactions and x's and y's all you want.

Btw, I didn't say love isn't chemical. I said there is more to it than that.

I just consider myself lucky that I think and feel like a human.

@Areskel: Perhaps, but there are chemical reactions in animals too. We may as well be all looked at in the same way.
Who says animals can't feel love? What was the name of that one gorilla who had a pet kitten that she loved like her own child? Koko?

Anyway, I think a lot of this comes from the mindset that humans and animals are completely different things when they aren't...we simply have more of one type of intelligence than most other species in the world. Humans, since the dawn of civilization, have tried to push the idea that humans are special/better than the rest of the world. Part of that lead to the idea that there are gods out there that hold us in higher regard than anything else in the world. Another part of that was the idea that emotions that we feel are unique to humans, making us better. Of course, this 'uniqueness' has to be something spiritual/magical, because we're special and that specialness can't be explained away with rational thought. This human centric thinking is mirrored in our thinking as children, when things were larger and more mysterious simply because we didn't know any better. Well, now most of us know better, and trying to desperately hold onto that childlike mindset where everything is magical and mysterious, even though it can be explained, is rather counterproductive. True, you should hold onto that childlike sense of wonder, but you shouldn't let it dictate your life.

Brahhhhh...I'm doing it again....down, pragmatist, DOWN!!!!

Noobface Jen
05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I don't believe in love. The only things I love are video games, food, and sleep. And if I had a penis, my right hand as well.
I'd like to reiterate.

sylph
05-03-2006, 07:51 PM
penguins of anarctica don't waste time in a lab to figure out how love works, & yet they managed to grasp far better understanding of its nature ~ more-so than humans..

@Thyran ~ if that was a joke, it's not very funny - leave S&T alone, please.. ^^`

idoffei
05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I would have to agree with bunnygirl on love. (no i'm not a hopless romantic, as my immortality thread shows I a hard believer of science) Love, like imagination is a concept your mind comes up with. JinJin's idea of love does not explain why people love things other then the opposit sex. (or the same sex if your mind goes that way) notice the mind part, love is still controlled by your brain and personal beliefs, why is it there are gay people? Chemically they should not be attracted to each other, they wouldn't even get pass the first stage of lust, and no they are not born gay http://www.newdirection.ca/a_biol.htm
hence the explination must be that the gays love each other not because of some chemical problem but because in their mind beliefs they really think the other person is great. (no I am not gay and am not an advocate of gay rights, not that its wrong or anything)

idoffei
05-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Both heterosexual and homosexuals were covered.
Heterosexuals were covered in this post (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=810972#post810972).
Homosexuals were covered in that post (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=811054#post811054).

It also says not ALL learned, admitting that some of it is personal perference. Since you are saying that ALL love is, is chemical reaction, I have proven you wrong with your own article on it. It also does not tell you why they perfer that smell in the first place, since there is no evidence that gay men are born gay, http://www.avert.org/hsexu2.htm. why do they perfer other males over females then. Why are other males not interested in that smell. After all there are no defects in the gays gene, they are as much of a man as I am.

Or for that matter, why some people are so attracted to and love inanimated non biological objects such as cars, models, books etc.

Areskel
05-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Love is like a precious stone. It's worthless once the sparkle is gone. :(
But it's still the same stone, you just need to give it new luster.

Bunnygirl, there are different types of reactions. That we are capable of higher thought processes shows there are more and far more complex reactions taking place in our brain than those of other animals. On some levels, we are still animalian, but we are also human as we are distinct; the same way a cat is different from any other animal, but is still an animal, we are different from any animal, but we are still animals in the basic sense of the word.

idoffei
05-03-2006, 09:11 PM
It might be a nice intelliectual exercise to find out why people are homosexuals, but the knowledge itself will have no practical application. Homosexuality is not a disease or metal illness. These people do not need to be treated. They are normal. People should just accept them instead of trying to change them.

Exactly, and since they are normal people, no apprent gene problems and the researcher admitts that its not All personal preference but some of it is, hence, they love each other not as a result of pure chemical reaction. Hence love is not a chain reaction of chemical compounds as you put it
Love is a chemical reaction.

gvbn
05-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Sure it is. Without your body's complicated set of chemical reactions, you wouldn't even be able to think, move, or breath, let alone feel.
i can do that and i don't
have any chemical reactions

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 09:39 PM
If everything is about chemical reactions, explain imagination (brought up by idoffei that no one seems to want to explain). How about hobbies, why do people enjoy different activities? Seriously, this is a depressing thread. If everyone here truly found their loved one, they wouldn't be talking about chemical reactions.

ushiwakamaru
05-03-2006, 09:46 PM
is something that does not seem to exist in my life......

Areskel
05-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Bunnygirl, love has not and will not change the facts. Even if you want to ignore them, the facts still remain.

What is imagination? That is a damn bloody good question. Do I have the answer? No. Does someone have the answer? Probably not. Does it really matter, as of now the proof is chemical reactions are the source of all our thoughts, and that is the only scientifically logical explanation right now. So until you can imperically prove that there is something other than chemical reactions taking place (ie. not just saying it's too complicated or incredible for it to be this, therefor it must be this; you must submit actual proof), it still stands.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Bunnygirl, love has not and will not change the facts. Even if you want to ignore them, the facts still remain.

What is imagination? That is a damn bloody good question. Do I have the answer? No. Does someone have the answer? Probably not. Does it really matter, as of now the proof is chemical reactions are the source of all our thoughts, and that is the only scientifically logical explanation right now. So until you can imperically prove that there is something other than chemical reactions taking place (ie. not just saying it's too complicated or incredible for it to be this, therefor it must be this; you must submit actual proof), it still stands.
So basically what you're saying is, you don't know the answer so it must have something to do with a chemical reaction. Right. That's not hypocritical in the least.

Dan Chan
05-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I need a cup of tea. This is giving me a head-ache.

I really don't think chemicals have as much to do with this whole "love" thing as one might think. But love certainly doesn't deserve to be glorified in the manner that it often is. When you break it down enough, love is the result of two things; perception and reaction. Chemicals affect how a body functions, but don't have a direct affect on the mind. Mind over matter, right?

A human's perception is built up from billions upon billions of factors. It's unimaginable for anyone to come up with a base formula for perception since the number of factors is seemingly limitless, thus leaving a large diversity in how humans perceive the world. Perception, to say the least, starts from the first thing your subconscious feels, processes, or interacts with; anything. From there on out based on different experiences your perception builds. Perception changes the way you view the world; your understanding and thought processes.

From perception stems reaction which ultimately determines your interaction with the rest of the world. In short, your reactions are a form of communication stemmed from your perception. The thoughts that run through your head, the way you converse with a friend, how you try to regain your balance when you fall; they're all forged from your perception.

So you could say that love is something you have no control over. You can't control the way you perceive things, and thus you can't control feelings of love or lack thereof. There really isn't a whole lot more to humans than that. Perception is Destiny and the self-conscious human is a mere puppet.

The subconscious is an entirely different story however. The secrets behind that is what I truly seek.

Areskel
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
So basically what you're saying is, you don't know the answer so it must have something to do with a chemical reaction. Right. That's not hypocritical in the least.
It is that we don't have evidence of anything else, but there is a possibility of it being from chemical reactions; so until we know exactly what causes imagination, our best guess is chemical reactions, it is not that it must be because of chemical reactions, it's that it is the most likely scenario that it has to do with chemical reactions. Right now we can only make an educated guess, but an educated guess is better than thinking it's a soul or something supernatural. Until there is imperical evidence to the contrary, all thought processes are simply the result of varied and complex chemical reactions, because that is so far what we already know would seem to support.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 10:12 PM
It is that we don't have evidence of anything else, but there is a possibility of it being from chemical reactions; so until we know exactly what causes imagination, our best guess is chemical reactions, it is not that it must be because of chemical reactions, it's that it is the most likely scenario that it has to do with chemical reactions. Right now we can only make an educated guess, but an educated guess is better than thinking it's a soul or something supernatural. Until there is imperical evidence to the contrary, all thought processes are simply the result of varied and complex chemical reactions, because that is so far what we already know would seem to support.
Educated guess, perhaps; but according to your logic, everything that hasn't been explained has to do with chemical reactions, it just hasn't been proven. Since what I am trying to say is that love cannot just be "explained", there is no point in continuing this debate.

Areskel
05-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Educated guess, perhaps; but according to your logic, everything that hasn't been explained has to do with chemical reactions, it just hasn't been proven. Since what I am trying to say is that love cannot just be "explained", there is no point in continuing this debate.
Well everything in a biological sense would yes technically be explained by that. It's just what the knowledge points to.

But it is not explaining love, it is stating your opinion on what love is. Therefor, because it is an opinion question, the debate can still go on. It all just comes down to wanting to clarify someone's positions and their reasons for it.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Well then, to clarify: when you hear your loved one whisper into your ear, "I love you", you know that he means something more than "our chemicals are so compatible".

I for one do not view humans as walking equations.

solarenemy
05-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Well everything in a biological sense would yes technically be explained by that. It's just what the knowledge points to.

But it is not explaining love, it is stating your opinion on what love is. Therefor, because it is an opinion question, the debate can still go on. It all just comes down to wanting to clarify someone's positions and their reasons for it.
From Dictionary.com the scholars themselves.

love ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lv)
n.
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

Sexual passion.
Sexual intercourse.
A love affair.
An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.

A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
Love Mythology. Eros or Cupid.
often Love Christianity. Charity.
Sports. A zero score in tennis.

Hmm nothing about chemicals there..... But I think chemicals are envolved. They influence the emotions that we feel. But I don't feel its chemicals alone. If that was the case it wouldnt be so hard for machines and android prototypes to feel love and emotions. They would only need synthsisers to synthesis the mentioned chemicals and boom they would be in love too. But it needs more then just the chemicals. Thats why it doesnt work with machines or androids.

bunnygirl
05-03-2006, 10:38 PM
jinjin, you can't be serious.

And btw that would be attraction, not love.

idoffei
05-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Actually that would be some form of chemical/biological weapon that alters human sexual perference. I doubt they will ever get around to develop it, ever. As all bioweapons are viewed as WMD, in this case worse Guys humping guys in public. Assuming the enemy don't reverse engineer it and use it on the US civilian population, can see it now, the world ended because guys are no longer attracted to girls.

wintypes
05-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Some years ago, some German universities did an experiment.

They prepared a room with some randomly placed chairs. On one of the chairs, they evenly applied a little drop of male sweat (little enough to keep it odorless), and a group of females was lead into the room. By the request to randomly find a seat, most of the women sat down near the primed chair.

The same experiment was run with female sweat and male subjects.
The experiment has been repeated several times, and each time, the subjects settled around the primed chair.

So much for individual choice and free will.

~~~

After reading through the last 7 pages, I noticed everybody was only talking about sexual/romantic love as if it was the only kind of love.
Somehow the family love got completely neglected. Else my love for my little sis and the sympathy for my friends had to be sexual which makes me a child molester/weirdo

idoffei
05-04-2006, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=wintypes]Some years ago, some German universities did an experiment.

They prepared a room with some randomly placed chairs. On one of the chairs, they evenly applied a little drop of male sweat (little enough to keep it odorless), and a group of females was lead into the room. By the request to randomly find a seat, most of the women sat down near the primed chair.

The experiment has been repeated several times, and each time, the subjects settled around the primed chair.

~~~

After reading through the last 7 pages, I noticed everybody was only talking about sexual/romantic love as if it was the only kind of love.
Somehow the family love got completely neglected. Else my love for my little sis and the sympathy for my friends had to be sexual which makes me a child molester/weirdo

wintypes
05-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Sorry, I can't find that magazine right now (and I never searched for online sources).

Btw, yes, that experiment is still far away from dealing with the phenomen "love". It's just an inductive step scratching the belief in an absolutely free will which is said to be able to choose to love or not to love :p

june86
05-04-2006, 01:32 AM
love is something i experienced a long time ago. i dont know how it feels no more...i look love as a weakness now. for it will get in my way of getting better skilled.

idoffei
05-04-2006, 03:41 AM
love is something i experienced a long time ago. i dont know how it feels no more...i look love as a weakness now. for it will get in my way of getting better skilled.

eh? I've always thought love and hatred could drive a person to do the impossible, so i'd say hatred and love either one could give you strength, just depends on the situation.

Sorry, I can't find that magazine right now (and I never searched for online sources).

Btw, yes, that experiment is still far away from dealing with the phenomen "love". It's just an inductive step scratching the belief in an absolutely free will which is said to be able to choose to love or not to love :p

I thought thats a given, obviously you would initally be more attracted to beautiful woman then ugly ones weither you think its right or not, of course through you self control/ rational etc you can also be attracted to a person with half her faced burned, so while it not absoult feewill, you can control what you do to very large degree.

Shintasojiro
05-04-2006, 04:19 AM
Love is something hard to attain. Never have I found it for another person, with the exception of my family of course. I love my family

bunnygirl
05-04-2006, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=wintypes]Some years ago, some German universities did an experiment.

~~~

MrWiseman
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
They fight constantly. He cheats on her on a frequent basis, calls her names and treats her like sh*t, and worst of all he hits her and just recently sprained her wrist.That's the kind of behaviour some girls find attractive. Regardless of this, you need to kick this guy's ass and sue him.

Regarding love being chemical: Well, of course it's chemical from a low-level point of view; life is physics and chemistry, and humans can probably be modelized with state machines (in fact, if the Universe is deterministic, everything can be modelized with state machines). This doesn't make us less human[e] or more human[e], this in fact makes us humans.

However, I don't think love can be described simply by the release of a couple of substances; there's something far more elaborate going on that has to do with our innermost preferences and desires. I doubt my brain likes somebody because it just received dopamine, working in a "see tits luv girl" way; it likes things for a complex set of reasons, part of which we cannot explain (as expected form neural systems like ourselves). I call this complex, virtually unpredictable set of conditions "love".

As for imagination, it seems to be another complex behaviour of our brain, one that probably requires initiative, which we haven't been able to reproduce in artificial intelligence yet and is possibly out of this century's reach. It is the result of millions of simple electrochemical reactions in our brain; naturally everything needs a physical support, however, it's analogue to how complex software like a 3D videogame is made from billions of simple boolean logic gates, and it's not something simple, obvious, easily explainable or easily predictable.

bunnygirl
05-04-2006, 04:03 PM
jinjin I said "you can't be serious" because originally you posted that "love bomb" thing as a reply to one of my posts. Then you edited it.

Double Z Funk
07-31-2006, 01:22 PM
love is not wat just brings two people together. lovers, gf and bf, young love older love... it gos on like when two people dont connect they fall out of love they never experinced true love, love is wat keeps u with someone no matter wat (as long as they dont take the piss!!) its like a glue cant see it or touch it just feel it !

Bubblemonkey
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Hahaha....Bunnygirl's going to develop an aneurysm if we start this up again.....where's my chemistry set?....better yet, let's let this sleeping dog lie....

Denamic
07-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Love is something I'm beginning to doubt. I thought I've experienced love before, but those feelings are long gone now. Faded like they were never there. I think I might've confused them with lust, or perhaps they're one and the same, love and lust. I very rarely feel anything other than sexual lust for most women I meet, and it disturbs me. I've only felt something other than this lust three times before, which are the ones I said I'm beginning to doubt.. Perhaps I'm not doubting love, but the feeling of this 'love' I had. Perhaps it was just fake. In any case, I'm beginning to give up on love now.

serpent of the abiss
07-31-2006, 07:44 PM
To me love isnt a chemical reaction, when you die your body festers and rots and they cant retrieve any of the data from your brain. So i believe thoughts and feelings are more spiritual energy like the scientific electric pulses that escape when you die

Love to me is the most powerful emotion in the world, it gives you a feeling that nothing man made can give you. It is a unity beyond friendship were you connect more deeply with a person and share their skin....

Otaku Ichise
08-01-2006, 09:02 AM
yes and unfortaly sad to see some people making suicide for it lol, yes love can be a nice feeling as geting the oposite terrible feeling and unhealthy for the ones with badluck friend, most of the time that is a big gamble on your heart as you can win lot hapiness or sufer high in your heart for some good time depending of the gamble that person gave of his heart.

donkeypuncher
08-01-2006, 09:15 AM
"They fight constantly. He cheats on her on a frequent basis, calls her names and treats her like sh*t, and worst of all he hits her and just recently sprained her wrist."

thats not love its intrapment, she's may say she "loves" him but deeply down she doesnt. she cares but doesnt love, she thinks he will change, she'll keep saying it even when she says she doesnt want to be with him, she will still stay because she is scared. if she wanted to get out of that she will have to face the facts.

love is and i qoute " beeing in love is like beeing at a party and if its not going good you'll be that persion looking for that jacket to get out of that party, but when your not in love your looking at that party through the window not invited wishing you were at that party"

Jona87
08-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

=)

Dicus Bicus
08-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Love will be when a girl and I share having no uncertainty of our relationship, and have no fear of sharing any part of our body or our life with each other.

Wanda Darling
08-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Love is obvious. If a couple has to really dig to find proof that they are in love with each other, then they were never in love to begin with.

AdiKtEd
08-02-2006, 11:23 PM
"Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

=)"
lol another kotor fan

love appears to be (in my opinion) a combination of a mammalian instinctive desire held together with powerful chemicals produced in the brain (not gonna go into details). A parent doesn't love their child because they choose to but because they were born to. Romantic love between people is similar as they are born with the desire to love and be loved, of course there are going to be exceptions but they don't necessarily prove anything other than mankind's inconsistency in psychology and anatomy.

What i don't understand is why people think that just because some fat midget doesn't fly down from heaven and shoot you with a magical arrow that love is somehow less valuable or desirable. Instincts and chemicals as love may be cold and hard to accept but it's all we really have

defs0ul
08-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Love = pain, insecurity, jealousy, possessiveness, manipulation, anger, hate, lies, and bullsh*t.

I stopped believing in love. Love hurts alot. I will never fall in love again.

BradWong
08-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Love is an emotion that lots of people misunderstand and do stuff that people don't normally do on a daily basis...

shiracld
08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Love is a decision that you make, it is something that endures all even through hard times. I don't believe it's emotion that comes and goes like the wind.

crimsonphoenix
08-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Love is something that can be either constructive nor destructive.
Whether it's just some kind of chemical reactions or something more greater than that, it doesn't matter how many you look into it: love is love itself.
Because we aren't fully understand the concept of love, we share different perspectives about love.
Anyway for now there's no universal definition of love. It's up to one's preference.

stigermorgan
08-03-2006, 06:31 PM
everyone of us hope being love.love it self till now cant be explain logically
so why we must so confused somethings that was good

Otaku Ichise
08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Love = pain, insecurity, jealousy, possessiveness, manipulation, anger, hate, lies, and bullsh*t.

I stopped believing in love. Love hurts alot. I will never fall in love again.

so dam right, i felt that crap once when i was cheated and yeah i pass love to anyone who can find it useful, no no no no i wont get the desease again, its so unhealthy >_<

totem2005
08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
love?what it really is?i don't know.

but,i know after "that" there's nothing but empty