PDA

View Full Version : The order of gits

shahenur
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
some ppl told me that Ghost In The Shell was really good and sci-fi ish so i decided to give it a watch i just wanted to know in which order should i watch
i mean obviously season 1 b4 season 2 but where does innocense(movie 2) come in and did i miss any ova's n stuff? This is what i planned

1)First Season
2)Movie 2
3)Second season

***movie 1 is to old and i dun wanna watch it

Psygoli
06-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Despite being old,the first movie is good and not to mention if you compare it to the second movie it's much easier to understand the idea that is in there.When I watched the second movie,I had almost all the time this "what is going on?" feeling.I think that the movies and series aren't related or at least I haven't noticed that they are connected someway.I might be wrong though.

Bubblemonkey
06-14-2006, 03:51 PM
The moveis aren't related at all to the television series...the premise of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is "What would section 9 be doing if the Puppet Master case never happened?"....in terms of time frame, the first movie should have happened where the first season takes place....instead of Laughing Man, they would have been working on the Puppet Master case...

Basically, the two movies are related, and the two TV seasons are related....they are NOT related to each other...

My recommended order to watch....

1) Movie 1 (excellent movie...you're an idiot if you don't want to watch it just because it's old)
2) Movie 2 (not as good as the first one, but interesting nonetheless)

...then, since you know now who the main players are....

3) GitS:SAC
4) GitS: SAC 2nd Gig

Raziell
06-14-2006, 04:05 PM
The moveis aren't related at all to the television series...the premise of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is "What would section 9 be doing if the Puppet Master case never happened?"....in terms of time frame, the first movie should have happened where the first season takes place....instead of Laughing Man, they would have been working on the Puppet Master case...

Thank you for answering that question, I'd always been wondering about it myself.

But like others have said, the original movie is excellent beyond all words, and it would be downright foolish to ignore it because it's 'too old'. Newer doesn't make things better, and I myself prefer most older anime over newer ones.

And, the best order would be
Movie 1
Movie 2
Season 1
Season 2

shahenur
06-14-2006, 07:10 PM
thanks a lot damn i didnt know the first movie was that good i guess it watch it...