PDA

View Full Version : Feminist parody

MuffDiver99
08-07-2006, 03:54 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUEEJzpa64w

after watching this, I don't know if I should laugh or cry about this...

so many women fought hard for equality, the rights to vote and education, and stuff, and this is how future generation women return the favour to them.

All the education these girls received pretty much went to waste. I mean come on, they'd have at least learned the meaning of women suffrage in English class or Social Studies class in high school...

Seriously, if they have some wisdem in their head, they'd sue the crap out of this guy. I feel sorry for the ignorant and oblivious.

I felt so reliefed that at least one out of all these girls paid attention to English or Social Studies class, it means the government did not spend tax payer's $ in vein, even if it's just one girl.

Hayeate
08-07-2006, 04:00 AM
He dubiously resembles that guy from the Amazing Racist videos.

Conrad
08-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Yarrr......

After reading what suffrage actually means (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffrage). I started to chuckled, at how clueless the "dumbchick" lasses sign' the petition. Indeed I think the first thing they hear suffrage was synonim to sufferage / suffering, they didn't think about it (except for that one lass who immideatly knows, but pity she has stupid friend).

A play of word..... I thought they knew more about this than us second English talker.

EDIT on stupid lasses prefrences!

MuffDiver99
08-07-2006, 04:35 AM
you do notice that no all the girls who signed are blond?

Conrad
08-07-2006, 04:39 AM
YArrrrrr....

you do notice that no all the girls who signed are blond?
I'm talkin about the phrase of "dumb blonde". Or is that just applied to blonde lass only? Do enlighten me matey.... since English isn't me first language nor I studied deeply on English dictionary.

solarenemy
08-07-2006, 04:50 AM
It is usually applied to blondes only. We say dumb brunettes or redheads otherwise. Or dumbchick or another b word comes to mind from my bro. But in general dumb blond terms are reserved for the blonds in English.

Okashii
08-07-2006, 05:06 AM
Can't see anything conclusive from this.

Firstly the guy is trying make the girls think "sufferage" instead of "suffrage". Since one of the girl mispelled it as sufferage so the word suffrage is not written anywhere on the signing board.

Secondly, many girls who knew what suffrage means and kicked the guy's balls were probably omitted from the video.

The same thing could have occurred if it targets men.

Mai Tokiha
08-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Secondly, many girls who knew what suffrage means and kicked the guy's balls were probably omitted from the video.
Yes, most definitely.

The same thing could have occurred if it targets men.
Absolutely, having mean to sign to "end male suffrage" would've been a lot funnier :lol:

Odii
08-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Didnt I post this video on the forum before?
Togeather with one where they asked americans which country they should bomb next...
Meh Might have dreamt it.

Anyway I love that vid :D
I think it is so bloody funny. This joke is in rich taste.

*edit*
Nope I did'nt dream it. Here it is http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53069 :)

And please dont take the vid to seriously. So what if they didnt know what suffrage was? I know I did'nt till I read the the explanation.
You can be a nucelar scientist and not know what suffrage means. I just laugh at the irony of the whole thing.
And as many have stated: the film is prolly manipulated to bend their way.

*another edit*
You can hear a male student explain to a girl that suffrage means your right to vote right after the guy with the affro has pronaunced it 3 times and really articulated the word. She signed.

NeoDevilMan
08-07-2006, 05:36 PM
when you look at people who do dumb things, it's just funny. not necessarily meaning they are dumb. this video is simply funny, people who thinks otherwise and comment on it have no sense of humor.

Odii
08-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Well said NeoDevilMan.
Even a dor-to-dor salesman could not have put it better. :)

sf101
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
This guys is just copying the manshow. They did a piece like this but is wasn't until I guy told the women what suffrage is that they got mad.
Truth be told not many women know what suffrage is. Go outside an ask a girl if they know.

BTW it's a nice joke, at women's expense but hey if your going to a renowned school and don't know that, then they deserved it.