PDA

View Full Version : Tracker is back!!

Atachi
12-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Once upon a time, this world had an own place for it's treasures.
Then a dragon deserted the land and destroyed everything. The citizens fell into agony and the king became terribly ill.

Using his last powers, the king sent his knights to clean the lands and bring back the treasures. After months of crossing the lands and collecting pieces of the country's belongings, it finally was the time to defeat the dragon...

---------

THE TRACKER IS BACK!! :p

Announce-URI: http://tracker.hongfire.com:2710/announce

The torrent-listing will be updated over time, that it becomes more useful.
Also the torrent-forums are being switched back to "order by last post" as default.
A RSS-feed also currently is in work (using btrssx (http://lolifox.com/-/btrssx/)).

* Please notice, that it takes up to 60 seconds till the tracker notices, that there is a new torrent it has to track (to reduce the load on the database).

ShadowZero1
12-14-2006, 04:11 PM
:worship:

So...tracker, baby! How long was it been? :makes love to the tracker:

EDIT: Do the old torrents that use the HF tracker need to be re-done? Because I'm getting "Failure: unregistered torrent" from all the torrents that had the HF tracker on them when there was no tracker.

ragnarokex
12-14-2006, 04:15 PM
HORRAY FOR THIS WONDER BRING BACK =O

painsama
12-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Good thing that it came back.

darkandshadow
12-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Is the ratio going to be under names again, or is that something being planned out still?

Since...I have yet to torrent anything from this site xP

Atachi
12-14-2006, 04:20 PM
EDIT: Do the old torrents that use the HF tracker need to be re-done? Because I'm getting "Failure: unregistered torrent" from all the torrents that had the HF tracker on them when there was no tracker.obviously: yes

cause it's a NEW tracker, not the old one ^^

just reupload the torrent-file to reregister it.

TSR
12-14-2006, 04:30 PM
ShadowZero1. Are you uploading torrents to the forum or simply opening them and seeing if they will run? I'm pretty sure any torrent not posted or reposted in the torrent section will not be recognised simply from having a valid tracker in it. Simple common sense, really. No reason to let other people steal services intended for members, after all, and put a huge and unwanted strain on the system.

Meanwhile, how about some quick instructions? Does the old HongFire tracking file still work, or will a new one be made available. Or does it matter? Are there any other important differences we should be made aware of.

And many, many thanks. Busy right now, but should have some stuff to post in the morning after work.

ja ne

The_Bug
12-14-2006, 04:42 PM
We are all doomed I tell you, doomed!

Shragei
12-14-2006, 04:44 PM
:worship:

So...tracker, baby! How long was it been? :makes love to the tracker:

EDIT: Do the old torrents that use the HF tracker need to be re-done? Because I'm getting "Failure: unregistered torrent" from all the torrents that had the HF tracker on them when there was no tracker.

All old torrents that are still in the attachment database should work as long as the tracker is used as the announce-url. It can't be in the optional announce-list

bkg9990
12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
woah! so its finally time eh?

bobuild01
12-14-2006, 05:10 PM
So I can edit my torrents to include HF tracker as first announce and any others as optionals? All mine were tracked by DA since tracker was down when I started torrenting. Or just make new torrents for any that aren't close to dying? I only posted 9 or 10 so far.

Redempteur
12-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh god ! a christmas gift !

seriously it's such a good news ...now we will get a such a good christmas with all the new things that will be released here .. can't wait ..

A question yet unanswered ...is it the same type as the old one or is it an restrictive tracker ?:kakashi:

Kotonoha
12-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Does this mean ratios will be put back on the site, or not? Also are there plans to start banhammering worthless leechers... or perhaps tentacle rape them... or neither? <_< >_>

Less than a month left, then we can call this campaign...

SEED OR DIE 2007!

@Wyze: ...

HongFire
12-14-2006, 05:27 PM
So I can edit my torrents to include HF tracker as first announce and any others as optionals? All mine were tracked by DA since tracker was down when I started torrenting. Or just make new torrents for any that aren't close to dying? I only posted 9 or 10 so far.

Yes I as long as http://tracker.hongfire.com:2710/announce is the first and main tracker. you can add as many optional tracker as you want.

Is the ratio going to be under names again, or is that something being planned out still?

Since...I have yet to torrent anything from this site xP

Don't think we will have the ratio back.

2 reasons

1. to reduce the server load.

2. To protect member's privacy aginst MP** and R*AA. :kakashi: You definatly don't want them to know how much you uploaded. >:D

StarWarsGalaxies
12-14-2006, 05:45 PM
HOLY SH*T IT'S ABOUT TIME!
*SWG kick atachi in the nuts*

btw, now that u got the track back... BRING BACK THE JAV

---------------------

Don't think we will have the ratio back.

2 reasons

1. to save the server load.

2. To protect member's privacy aginst MP** and R*AA. You definatly don't want them to know how much you uploaded. Nah, it's not a big deal. If the feds say anything a user can just say he DLed an unlicensed Japaneses game that is 10 years old and will never get released in America. And because it is a percent/ratio, they can't tell how many bytes the user DLed. So thy cant proove ****, and everyone is innocent untill proven guilty.

So we don't really need to worry about it.

As for the server load.... er... well, Aww f*ck it! Comeon man! Bring back the ratio! I need something else other than rep point to proove to the rest of the world how big my penis is!!1

*SWG mashes his e-peen into Atachi's face*

stukasa
12-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Congratulations and thank you to the staff for bringing back the tracker. :kakashi:

2. To protect member's privacy aginst MP** and R*AA. :kakashi: You definatly don't want them to know how much you uploaded. >:D
lol, good reason! xD I didn't think about that before but you're probably right. >_>

wyze
12-14-2006, 06:02 PM
welcome back to hf tracker. please tell us a little more about yourself, any particular hobbies or interests, would suffice. pleased to make your acquaintance. don't forget to read and abide by the rules as there there may have been more than afew changes during your absence. happy posting!

nony
12-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Yehey, Guys we got our christmas present from HF
It's so dissapointing thou... no ratio status

tamerlin
12-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Boo-yah! Soon I will not need to wade thru endless "thank you" and "please repost" spammers!

1 vote for "Atachi = Santa". Have some pizza.

ShadowZero1
12-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Can we atleast have a ratio identifier without the actual information?

Like change the member title to red if it's below 1.0 and green if it's above?

ackeejag
12-14-2006, 06:35 PM
you guys are sooooo~ awesome.
keep up the good work

ackeejag
12-14-2006, 06:42 PM
only problem is my browser wont display the japanese text on the torrent page for some reason but i can in the japanese forum.

i hope i dont need to change regional settings cuz i cant since my windows isnt a valid copy and i dont have the cd

ShadowZero1
12-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Can we atleast have a ratio identifier without the actual information?

Like change the member title to red if it's below 1.0 and green if it's above?It will cause trouble like the Reputation bar. :eek:

At least that's what I think. :P

Anyways...

Is it mandatory to re-upload all previously uploaded Torrents and have it only with HF's Tracker?
Any torrent which did not have the HF tracker as the main one (the main tracker is the one on the first line of the tracker list) will need to be re-done with the HF tracker as the main for it to work. Meanwhile, I get the joy of having to re-upload most of my torrents...

And about the ratio thing, I don't think it will. I mean, a person with a share ratio of 1.0 and a person with a share ratio of 33.5 will both have the same green. People won't even be able to know what other people's ratios are, just that it's above a certain number. It's only if it ever goes below 1.0 that it will become red. So no "share ratio-whoring"... just persecution of leechers...

Atachi
12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
ratios won't be back as long as we are on vBulletin and tied to mysql - it just causes too much CPU-load to track.

and that again would cause the 2 year old problem with the servers being out of sync and corrupted tables in the DB.

maybe one day when we do a complete switch and a different DB-backend.
but the chance to revive it in the current config is at about 5% ^^

as for the broken unicode on the tracker-page:
vB forces latin-1 (cause it's a pain in the ass) and thus the torrent-page, too... but the text itself is in utf-8... will be fixed (forced only on that page) somewhen in the next few days.

Kotonoha
12-14-2006, 07:07 PM
It will cause trouble like the Reputation bar. :eek:

At least that's what I think. :P

Anyways...

Is it mandatory to re-upload all previously uploaded Torrents and have it only with HF's Tracker?

I seriously doubt it, off-site torrents will most likely still be allowed... just with HF's own tracker we can start hunting down and killing the leechers. <_< >_>

HongFire
12-14-2006, 07:38 PM
only problem is my browser wont display the japanese text on the torrent page for some reason but i can in the japanese forum.

i hope i dont need to change regional settings cuz i cant since my windows isnt a valid copy and i dont have the cd

Just go to view and change the encode to UTF-8 When you at the torrent page. We still try to fix to make it auto load UTF-8 instead having to select it.

Kitee
12-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Wow, thanks for bringing the tracker back. This is surely one of the best Christmas presents that I'm going to receive this year. Very nice.

There are goods and bads for not bringing back the ratio system. There are already rep-whores and post-whores, we don't want *seed*-whores. A lot of the members who want to keep good ratio usually seeds with the main account, and downloads with a dummy account. That would be bad.

Shragei
12-14-2006, 08:58 PM
ratios won't be back as long as we are on vBulletin and tied to mysql - it just causes too much CPU-load to track.

and that again would cause the 2 year old problem with the servers being out of sync and corrupted tables in the DB.

maybe one day when we do a complete switch and a different DB-backend.
but the chance to revive it in the current config is at about 5% ^^

It will be back, but it will be just a simple bar meter and it wont be a simple upload/download. It will be more complex, so the ratio wont effect the system.

Shiroki Okane
12-14-2006, 09:00 PM
hmm~ glad that it's back.
Hope seed-whores like Kitee said don't appear though lol

darkandshadow
12-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, if I do find anything I could use, I'll seed as much as possible.
(When I torrent something, I usually try for a 10.0 seed ration per torrent)
But, I still have my record to uphold xD

Knifes
12-14-2006, 09:10 PM
oh wow... I didn't expect the tracker to be back anytime soon ^^;;;
And here I was a couple days ago wondering what the donations were going to... :p
Kudos for the tracker being online and as Kitee said, this is indeed a wondrous Christmas present for the Hongfire.

ware4me
12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Way to go guys! Hope to see great torrents all over... not just H! x.x

EDIT:

OHHH! i forgot... hope to see high ratios too!
And real rules for evil leechers who download and run all the time!

w0shisadness
12-14-2006, 10:05 PM
all hail * bows down * for being back..*faints*;D

dark998
12-15-2006, 12:11 AM
I still cant believe it. Awesome news:kakashi:

JimBond007
12-15-2006, 03:48 AM
Good news indeed !!!

yesterday Hongfire posted a torrent with the new tracker but it didn't work. After the 2 hours of down site for upgrading yesterday, the tracker works fine !!! (I noticed this morning that the tracker is back).

Well, Hongfire asked me to test the new tracker then I'll do it this night.
I'll test the tracker with only HF tracker, thus no dht or others trackers. Maybe the 2 or 3 next torrents will contain only HF tracker...

Suzuran
12-15-2006, 05:48 AM
[SIZE="3"]
btw, now that u got the track back... BRING BACK THE JAV

ZOMG! SWG has a valid point in his life for the first time. YAY! We want the JAV section back ~

seorang
12-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Haha.... now we'll see if the forum changes back to the way it was before the tracker was disabled.

shiracld
12-15-2006, 06:42 AM
O_O
the tracker is back!
RUN! i don't wanna be tracked down!
>_<
LOL = Leecher On Line

S&T Kawaii Love
12-15-2006, 07:21 AM
That's nice to hear. Well good job to the admins for there hard work "Arigatou Gozaimasu" ^^b. The knights brought back the treasure of the "Great HongFire Tracker". HongFire4ever!. Alot of people are going to enjoy this.

This ratio meter Shragei talked about and like some ppl suggested the possible JAV section sounds all nice as well. They are just ideas but they sound interesting. It could make HongFire even more populair and it could grow substansionally.

Suzuran
12-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Oh yeah that reminds me http://phpwind.com/ is a good alternative to vb. The only minus is that its in chinese.

S&T Kawaii Love
12-15-2006, 08:08 AM
Oh yeah phpwind I have seen some great websites with amazing features being made with it. By the way I am sure HongFire can understand Chinese XD

AnimeWerewolf
12-15-2006, 02:31 PM
whaa ! :eek: we have a tracker ? :confused: j/k ! :p
I hope it lasts more then a month we don't
have goodluck with trackers if you've been
around long enough you can testify to that
/me crosses Atachi in two ! just incase ! :D

eMKa
12-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Wishes and prayers of so many poeple came true ^^
Indeed nice news ;)

Draco888
12-16-2006, 08:15 AM
O_o The tracker is back!!!!!!
..... It's one of the warning signs the apocalypse is near....
lol I hope this news will bring back more visitors, end hopefully more of them will become trapped in the leecher-flytrap that are the forums lol, we need some more frsh blood there.

On a second note . . .

Once upon a time, this world had an own place for it's treasures.
Then a dragon deserted the land and destroyed everything. The citizens fell into agony and the king became terribly ill.

Using his last powers, the king sent his knights to clean the lands and bring back the treasures. After months of crossing the lands and collecting pieces of the country's belongings, it finally was the time to defeat the dragon...

---------

I don't know . .
>_>
<_<
<_>
I knida feel threatened by this statement :p

nutuku
12-16-2006, 07:02 PM
How much time since the tracker was down? WOW! Its great

Mai Tokiha
12-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Whoa... I remember that there was a tracker when I joined about two years ago, but it went belly-up only shortly thereafter... amazing to see that it's woking again now >:D

orisa
12-17-2006, 08:33 PM
OhMyGawd!
The great HF tracker-sama is BACK!
*Insert Arnold Schwarzenegger voice* Take covers! Hide your children! Cover your private parts! PREPARE FOR ARMAGEDDON! It's over man! IT'S OVER!!

*cough*

Yeah, great news. Now that the TRACKER is back...We can move on right? I mean, there's really no need for the ratios to make their come backs as well? I don't need people knowing how much I leech and not share...:p

ware4me
12-17-2006, 09:00 PM
OhMyGawd!
The great HF tracker-sama is BACK!
*Insert Arnold Schwarzenegger voice* Take covers! Hide your children! Cover your private parts! PREPARE FOR ARMAGEDDON! It's over man! IT'S OVER!!

*cough*

Yeah, great news. Now that the TRACKER is back...We can move on right? I mean, there's really no need for the ratios to make their come backs as well? I don't need people knowing how much I leech and not share...:pThere is! ¬¬

LOL and there would be need for passkeys too... xD

Kouji
12-17-2006, 09:38 PM
yay, the tracker is back.. after long wait <__<a

I think i still remember my old ratio too ^^;

wingtheman
12-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Glad its back

bobuild01
12-28-2006, 09:02 AM
I used HF tracker for two torrents and have gotten comments/posts that some people still get the dreaded invalid url error, or just won't let them share even though they might see peers. I use MakeTorrent2 to build torrents and Azureus to share, with no problems usually. Yesterday I saw quite a few peers sharing both torrents from my client, with numerous clients, and with dht working, so don't understand. Could the problem just be them instead of HF or myself? I will just add an alternate tracker to fix it, so was just wondering.

mikemil828
12-30-2006, 10:20 AM
It seems to not be working at all :(

Shragei
12-30-2006, 10:29 AM
It seems to not be working at all :(

sometimes the torrents don't get register by forum so I have to run a different program to do it. Just send me a PM about it and I'll fix it:D

bobbychau
01-30-2007, 09:25 PM
It's back! It's new! It's good!
Thank you very much!

tofuman80
01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
It took that long to reach wherever you are?

Talk about lag...

Redempteur
01-30-2007, 09:43 PM
It took that long to reach wherever you are?

Talk about lag...

funniest reply of the day for me :D