PDA

View Full Version : Are you like your father or your mother?

Brave Magnus
10-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Well sometimes my mom says to me "You are just like your father" and my father sometimes tells me "You are just like your mother". XD
And I've been thinking about that and I realize I have a little bit of both.
You see when I see myself in the mirror I realize than everyday I look more and more like my father: the same hair, the same eyes, the same mustage, nose, etc. This isnt what my mother means but I dont act like my father.
As for what personality goes: I get angry easily, I yell a lot, I enver apologize, I never admite I'm wrong, I'm 100% like my mother. XD
But I still have my own personality, I only take my mother's crappy mood. XD
So, what about you guys and girls?

Rick
10-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, I have traits of both my mother and my father but I resemble my mother the most. I have her eye color (black, BTW) and her skin tone, for instance. And our personalities and way of thinking are pretty similar too.

solarenemy
10-13-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm just like the milkman.

SFOHollandMGO
10-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I am a hybrid offspring from the ones called mother and father...I often wonder of my true origins but they are obviously not my parents....

Just kidding...

Im like them both...I look kinda like my mom (skinny)...but I have my dad's face...My personality is 50/50 of them...I am randomly crazy and creative like my mom...but serious and sincere like my dad...my sis is the invert of me...or I am a invert of her since she was here first...

deadmantiz
10-13-2007, 10:56 AM
<_< i think i look like my mum and my style takes after my dad but everything else i am the opposite

Brave Magnus
10-13-2007, 11:10 AM

XD. this joke never gets old.

April Angela
10-13-2007, 11:41 AM
i have mother's hight and appearance but i have my father's little personality

Satelight
10-13-2007, 12:06 PM
My father said I have my mother's "fox daemon" eyes and some of her bad attitude.

Im pretty sure I have my fathers stubborness and hard-headed-ness.

MrWiseman
10-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm a lot like my father, but at the same time, I have some differences. I'm more aggressive, while my father is suave. I may inherited some "early acting" traits from my mother, but there are a couple of things I don't share with anyone in my family, such as being antisocial. Regarding looks, I look like my father, except taller.

domomonster
10-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I very much share the personality of my father, I guess thats a good thing...

Freedompopiah
10-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I am not sure but I am like 90% more to mother than father, in both appearance n personality...:D

the7k
10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Uh... Neither? I dunno, I'm probably more like my mother, but it's a stretch to say I'm very close to either of them personality wise. Both of my parents are easy to anger, while I'm extremely laid back. Both of my parents are very religious (my father more so), while I couldn't care less. My father is very Republican, my mother is very Democratic, I'm pretty much Libertarian.

So, yeah, I dunno exactly, it's hard for me to wrap my head around.

Areskel
10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
I lol'd.

I resemble my paternal grandfather in terms of looks, my maternal grandfather in terms of politics (which is cool shit), my dad in terms of personality, and I really don't resemble my mother at all.

Choo
10-13-2007, 08:02 PM
i say im lyk both. XD

Ooame
10-14-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm mostly like my dad. I have his hair and his nose and eyes. Personality wise, im mix'd i have my dad's temper and i get pissed of easily and i wont let things go. I have his humor. We have the same taste in alcohol. Im nothing like my mother really. Except that i like art, photography etc.

GenerationKamenRider
10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I seem to have a mix of both but I lean more toward my dad's personality but I look nothing similar to my parents at all.

Shiroki Okane
10-15-2007, 06:40 AM
I (used to) have all my father's good part of the personality(generous, helpful, etc) and my mother's bad part of the personality(stubborn, evil, etc). Now it's just a cocktail of mess, mess and mess, with a little tint of the older personalities still lingering around maybe.
Look wise... I dunno, many people say I look like my father's and mother's face shopped together though.

Micah II
10-15-2007, 09:02 AM
My parents are just like me lol

I have my dad's sense of humor and my moms temper
my looks are a real mix of both

but largely my personality is unaccounted for, maybe because i'm in law school and my parents have hardly any education, maybe because i have a lot of friends while my parents are couch potatoes, maybe i'm just still in puberty lol.

shiracld
10-15-2007, 09:33 AM
funny~
i'm almost a complete copy of my father~
image/mannerisms/hobbies and all.....strange.........O__O
all that and add in the horniness of my grandma.....
wierd..........really wierd..........

maumastoks
10-15-2007, 11:02 AM
i'm more like my mother. but i'm a bit of father too. especially his character

astranagant
10-16-2007, 06:02 AM
more like my mother physically.

but my character almost like my father( thats my uncle said )

Psycho Mantis
10-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I have traits from both parents,this is in my personality.As for my appearence,i look like both.Literally...not like some people who look like more of one parent,rather than both or the other.

YamiSouru MkIII
10-20-2007, 12:04 AM
ummmm.. ummmmm... lets see.. ummmm... physically i look like my Mom, that its what all the people say, as for personality, im unique, lol, i dont have any trait from my mom personality nor from my father, quite te contrary, i figth a lot with my father, we argue about things and we have a somewhat quarrelish relation, kinda like Ishigo and his father(Ishigo from Bleach), so i dont think i take up to any of my parents... since i was a 6 years old kid i was a old man in a kid body, had my own pre programed persona, gagagaga... (i think i was better when i was a kid than now :P)

Infinity Overlord XIX
11-01-2007, 07:29 AM
50% more to father in appearance and 20% in persona,only 10% to mother in persona only,and the other 50% appearance are mix to close relatives and my own,the other 70% in persona is my own.

luchii
11-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Im like me... XDDD sometimes i think that im not from this family XDDDDv
cooooooolllll :neko:

Z3120
11-01-2007, 10:45 AM
My personality is somewhat like my father's yet physically I resemble more my grandfather more than my actual father at a very young age. There's the whole different culture and traditions which makes my attitude quite different than my Dad, but it doesn't really change where I got my temper in the family :rolleyes:

Kamuidream
11-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Well.. I'm a lot of both of my parents. I was born with my mother's body and mental illness. Also have a little of the 'blonde' personality from her since she's kinda.. Not smart. I have my high IQ and personality from my dad. Also have eyes color from my dad because his have color and my mom's are just brown. Like my mom, I also got a second mental illness from him, too. Moreover, I think I'm more like my dad. *nod nod*

Unit1Evangelion
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Personality wise? Neither. They are both losers and have no common sense, logic, or have succeeded in life. Father from what little I know about him, he can't hold jobs because he can't take authority and thinks the world owes him something. Very irresponsible. Mother is an emotional wreak. Bi-polar, depressed as the come, and is a leech. My close friends who have met my family think I am adopted.

Physically? More like my father from the pics I have seen.

Kalimutan
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
I am not like my father or my mother. I have no traits similar to either one. I am myself.

jokermausland
11-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I look like my mom but act like my dad.

angel555
12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
T_T none of them ,, they keep telling me im like my aunty >_>

GogetaSS4
12-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not particularly like anyone else in my family. I'm what most people would call Unique.

bluewolf963
12-22-2007, 09:38 PM
My dad always told me one day I was going to wake up and be like "wow, dad really was right." Well, I dunno about going that far, but I'm so much like my dad, it's not even funny. Both personality and appearance. Shoot, my mom showed off a picture of when my dad graduated, and everyone thought it was me. I've adopted a bunch of his habits, too. I sleep at the wrong moments. I love classic rock (and rock in general). My hair is going gray on me (presumably from stress, as is the case with my dad). I'm a little more irritable than I used to be. Work/school is kicking my arse. I sleep in too often, and yeah... a whole bunch of other things that my dad and I have in common. As for my mom... well, I got stuck with having my mom's arse...

firzenex
12-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Neither, but if I had to give a definite answer.
Than my Mother...and where the fuck has this thread been? why the hell is it just showing up after some months?

meh....

anyways I Can't really say I'm more like one or the other. Its a fine balance, thats why I can't really say or decide.

I know some people who look like their fathers and act like their mothers and vice versa. and I know people who are MILK-MEN children. Which is basically no resemblance to either mother or father.

Bagh....

bobuild01
12-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Don't know my dad so my mom wins I guess. And I agree with firzenex, I am here daily and never saw the thread. My mom(deceased) was a bitch and I am a prick, so go figure.

jazst
12-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Who doesn't look like their parent.
Even if one thinks he/she doesn't they just have to
wait a couple of years and the ressemblance will be
strong enough for anyone who knows both to recognise.

pineapplecore
12-25-2007, 01:27 AM
I actually think about these things a lot

sometimes I believe we are always individuals separate from each other but really we tend to be A LOT like our families, even if you despise them =/
I have had bouts of insanity close to my mothers...especially when it came to dealing with a maddening EX (who loved to rub it in my face how much I was acting like her just to piss me off more because he liked being a jerk) but I honestly don't think I've been as illogical as her...ever.

I find my mother intolerable ..but yet she is still my family..and family (a good thing I learned from my ex) will always be there through thick and thin (blood is thicker than water..I guess) there must be some in between liquid for friends that are practically family but w/e. My mother might actually be a little more standable (for me) if she didn't grow up the way she did. I feel horrid for disliking her because she truly had a horrible life that I honestly might not have ever lived through (happiness would have been a warn gun). She grew up with no time to develop on a deeper level while she was young (which I believe I have very much so, I've lived comfortably since I was born thank 'god')...she was either studying, cleaning the HUGE ghetto house, working, or taking care of her fifteen brothers and sisters when she was the oldest....like I said, warm gun.
She shares similar views on some things like euthanasia. I believe in it, she does too...I only know this because she's ranted on how she'd rather die than be a burden and I almost agree...the details might be slightly off on when someone is useless in the brain verses being a burden but its close.
My mother also believes in god...she says it helped her through her teen years and if it weren't for god she might have killed herself. If that's what it takes to get her though tough times then it's ok. She's not a bad forceful religious nut either, I just don't believe in it myself. She's ok with gays, other races, and some other things but I personally am agnostic.

MY FATHER
I am a lot like him in a more spiritual way, though I'm not sure he knows because I don't speak with him too much (about serious business). I think he's as open minded as me. He is also Christan but both the parents were raised completely 100% that way so I dunno if they would have been if they grew up in this time period..but w/e.
I guess I got my deep running artistic side from him since my mother couldn't draw a person or scenery if her life depended on it. Lately I've found much more satisfaction in the aesthetics and I believe it grow more and more every day.
I will never be as demanding or lazy as him but I think I'm a good medium between all of my family.
He's so loyal it's admirable and I think I'm a lot like that as well...he also seems to get depressed a lot over it since my mother has sort of deserted us as of lately. I think my family has a bad case of the blues that I can frequent if too many things are going wrong at a time.
I started my music taste with my dad's oldies (the beatles stayed with me) and my brother (blink182, sum41, green day, sugar ray, stroke 9) my mom didn't listen to much when I was little (weird huh?)

LOOKS
Mom's Mexican so: 50% Mexican kind of takes over the 50% other European ethnicities
(dad's traits first vs. moms)
hair: light brown vs. black =dark golden shine brown
eyes: blue vs. dark brown =dark golden brown
lips: big wide vs. thin average (kind of backwards huh?) =big average width
Body Type: Tall/ thicker/ big boobs on mom's side/ less hair vs. short/ thicker/ average boobs/quite apparent hair= Average height/average weight/average boobs/ slightly apparent hair on arms
skin: pale vs. MEXICAN= naturally darker than the average white arms/pale legs due to no sunlight/ pale face from computer bleach

if anyone actually reads this..holy hell...that's amazing. I'd like to know if anyone does xD

Temishi
12-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I take after my mother, but my personality is my own.
I'm the only one that acts the way I do in my entire household.

Kalinah
12-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, considering that I never knew my father, I'd have to say that I take after my mother. We are alike in many ways.

msea
12-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Considering I am neither irrational like my mother and irresponsible like my father... I am more alike my uncle who is more money minded and rational (^^,);

Seriously speaking, my parents have a ton of problems on their hands so I won't take it from neither of them (I was said to be the only child that doesn't take it from either sides). So I will never be like my mother and father, although they might have some good quality within them, I can say is... I just can't seem to find one.

ForteAnly
12-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I really try to be like neither. Both of my parents are just too damn crazy to even begin understand.