PDA

View Full Version : Warning for old generation Ipod users!!!

solarenemy
12-19-2007, 04:20 PM
This actually has to do with first gen shuffles but as you can see from a search other models are effected.

Unless you have a newer iPod DO NOT upgrade to iTunes 7.5. It will trash the older gen iPods. As you can see from a Google search on "iPod error 1418" literally thousands of iPods have been trashed by this upgrade and Apple is remaining hushed about it.

When you connect an older iPod to the new software all will be fine till you reconnect it again. It will then tell you your iPod is corrupt or need to be formatted. At which time you say ok and it proceeds to recover it only to come back with a message error 1418 the iPod could not be recovered.

Complaints have been sent to Apple but their response is maybe you need to replace your iPod. Some believe it is a ploy by Apple to force everyone to get newer gen units.

My Shuffle was trashed in this way so as a warning to my fellow HF members. IF you have a first or older gen iPod and iTunes tells you a newer version is available, click not now and do not remind me again. ;D

pineapplecore
12-19-2007, 04:30 PM
If I only had an i poooodd but thanks for future reference!

firzenex
12-19-2007, 04:36 PM
daaaaamn thats a bitch.

Its a good thing I've never jumped on the APPLE IPOD band wagon. Though I don't feel sorry for those who did.

Denamic
12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I run linux; I'm fine.

solarenemy
12-19-2007, 05:04 PM
You can put linux on your 5th gen ipod, pretty cool.
But then again, 5th gen ipods probably arnt trashed.

Anyways, its your own fault SolarEnemy! You bought a device with the symbol of SIN on it! An APPLE!
....and to think I once had respect for you.

I never said I bought it. It was gift from Mom. She is not knowledgeable in the art of Tech. I won't even by the Apple fruit much less a device they made. I prefer my no name China knock off with 2 gigs and plays movies that only cost my 36 bucks.

Denamic
12-19-2007, 05:11 PM
China knock-offs are often not even knock-offs at all.
Most of the stuff's made in china anyway.
They pilfer the real thing from the factories, or make more than they need to, and sell it on the market for a tenth of the intended price.
Got a 30GB flash drive for $7.50 from there.
Yes, it works. And yes, it's 30GB. And yes, it cost $7.50.
Also got a $800 lether jacket for roughly $80.
Go to china. It's worth it.

pandabuluk
12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Really? But as far i know, consumer support for Chinese thing is bad, right? Like what happen at my country. Around 5-3 year ago, a wave of Chinese-Brand Motorcycle came to my country. At first, people enthusiast. "Cheap, very cheap motorcycle." And considering economical situation, the sale was good.But not long, around 1 year, combination between low quality parts and bad consumer support, the sale drop. And now, those brand are totally vanished.

Sorry for become off topic

Littledgn
12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, you all should get those cheap Chinese versions of the iPhone.
Or not.

JackieCham
12-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Lol, get a walkman phone.

Ooame
12-20-2007, 05:40 AM
I use winamp with my ipod works like a charm. Itunes takes way to much memory.

burnout
12-20-2007, 07:41 AM
too bad itunes has been banned from my pc. nowadays is all about Foola (http://www.floola.com/modules/wiwimod/)

Denamic
12-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah, you all should get those cheap Chinese versions of the iPhone.
Or not.
Crack open an iPhone, or just about any other cellphone out there.
What will it say, you think?
I'm betting on either "Made in China" or "Made in Taiwan".
You're under the misconception that the chinese stuff is low quality, and that you should get the 'high quality' stuff from your stores.
When, in fact, the high quality stuff is actually made in china.
The 'cheap knock offs' you're referring to, are often actually the real thing.

Littledgn
12-20-2007, 09:02 AM
No, I'm calling it the cheap Chinese version because of its price compared to local stores in your region.

shiracld
12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
http://www.rockbox.org/
for me
cause i love plugins