PDA

View Full Version : New feature trial (Social group)

HongFire
08-13-2008, 11:45 AM
You can access social group from the top menu or go to quick links drop down menu.

---------
Release Groups, Donor, VIP, and Resident Members with 500+ post can:

Make & manage your own social group.
make the social group for public or member only and much more!

Members with 0+ post can:

Join a social group.
Post messages in the social group that you've joined.
---------

Note: Social group is different to Club (group). Social group is just something simple for members that want to have their own social group and chat.

This is a trial. If this social group add on works well then we keep it if not we will disable it :)

If you have any questions or any good idea about how we can put this add on into good use then please reply in this thread.

Hope you guys like the new add on.

bkg9990
08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Hmm It seems that I can can edit/access the "other" social group including mine Hong. Might want to change some privilages.

Para
08-13-2008, 05:36 PM
WELL WELL WELL... we finally updated... explains why I got that email from stu stu XD

HongFire
08-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Hmm It seems that I can can edit/access the "other" social group including mine Hong. Might want to change some privilages.

Could you pls take a screenshot and show me what kind of edit.access you got?

I've just double checked the settings and it looked fine and I tested it with my normal member test account they looked fine too.

anyone else able to edit/access other member's social group?

fredericklim
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Just make sure the group are small
cause they are meant to be small <15?
If not there will be many mass orgy lol....

darkandshadow
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I feel it pointless due to the fact that
we already have clubs in the clubbies'
sections...

Hayeate
08-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Thank you, now let's abuse the hell out of it.

Para
08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
We could consider phasing out club section and have people move into these new social groups. It's an idea but I'll hate to force all the clubs to rebuild so much...

darkandshadow
08-13-2008, 09:03 PM
It's possible, but most of the inner-threads
would be all merged into 1. Would create
quite the mess.

But meh. Not like the important clubs are
active anyways.

TSR
08-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I suggest you check user group privileges, particularly Official Club Leaders, because I can also change settings in social groups. (Tested with the 'Edit Group' option on the bottom menu bar.) A standard Member account won't reproduce this, if this is the case. I suspect we have been lumped in with site Moderators and have been granted a higher set of privileges than intended. Anyway, while I believe most club leaders are fairly responsible types, I'm not sure there is any special need for us to have this ability. Group founder, site mods/supermods and admins really should be the only people who can mess with that.

Hmm. Should be an interesting experiment. Initially, it does look like a bunch of mini shout boxes, but may have a bit more functionality. Something like a cross between clubs and chat/IRC. Play around a bit and see.

ja ne

Looking closer, I appear to be able to edit/delete messages and some other moderator stuff as well. Unless club leaders are expected to help moderate these groups, this probably should be fixed, assuming my assumption about group privileges is correct.

ja

HongFire
08-14-2008, 03:54 AM
We could consider phasing out club section and have people move into these new social groups. It's an idea but I'll hate to force all the clubs to rebuild so much...

The clubs will stay the same. This social group won't replace clubs.

@TSR and bkg9990 could you guys provide screenshots that shows the edit options?

You should be able to edit and manage your own social group that you created but shouldn't be able to edit other groups.

I've just moved 1 of my test account into group leader but still can't seem to edit other user's social group.

Are any other leaders having this problem too?

Only mods and admins suppose to have access to edit everyone's social group. So if you are not a mob or admin but can edit social groups that is created by another member then please let me know here. thanks.

bkg9990
08-14-2008, 05:06 AM
@Hongfire

Seems to be fixed now, I tested on the test group that shammy put on, and I was able to edit the welcome note.

HongFire
08-14-2008, 05:19 AM
But you can't anymore right? I just updated the permission again.

bkg9990
08-14-2008, 05:28 AM
But you can't anymore right? I just updated the permission again.
Yep already fixed.

PS: I just noticed the tag for the thread is 'boring' xD

wingmare
08-14-2008, 05:34 AM
hmmm...
The Tag is "interesting" by me lol

Anyone can edit the tag made by other people?
cause, the boring tag disappeared after i edited...

HongFire
08-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Pls don't randomly tag the thread. If you gonig to tag it pls put in some useful tag that allow other ppl to find this thread quickly. (I deleted your tag)

bkg9990
08-14-2008, 06:28 AM
@Hong

I can't seem to rename my social club anymore(but I can edit the welcome note and everything.), any info on this?

Lisa Hayes
08-14-2008, 06:38 AM
congratulations!
your social group is the most popular group at the moment!

i think Hong is messing with the settings for the social groups. I was planning to upload some pirate pics but i do not have permissions to do that.

Kouji-kun
08-14-2008, 06:45 AM
I can't view the pictures of my group =(

Can we even upload them?

HongFire
08-14-2008, 07:08 AM
bkg9990 @Hong

I can't seem to rename my social club anymore(but I can edit the welcome note and everything.), any info on this?

I made a new user in the club leader forum and it seems allowing me to edit and rename groups after I make them. So everything is fine cept you can't rename it?

Any other people having the same problem?

Kouji-kun I can't view the pictures of my group =(

Can we even upload them?

Right now the social group only accepts picture from album.

Album is another new add on but I disabled it considering we already have a gallery.

So until I find a way to force the social group to accept urls outside the album the picture upload in the social group will be disabled.

you can still use img tag to post images in your message tho.

cyress8
08-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Can't rename my SG name either, hongfire

bkg9990
08-14-2008, 07:24 AM
There was supposed to be and Edit button somewhere here:95010

HongFire
08-14-2008, 07:56 AM
There was supposed to be and Edit button somewhere here:95010

Did you look at the bottom?

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95012&stc=1&d=1218722143

bkg9990
08-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Yeah already tried the options.

Sadly still no Title Edit.

HongFire
08-14-2008, 08:37 AM
can you try to make a new social group and see if you can rename it after made? thanks.

bkg9990
08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
It seems that I can edit the newly ones I made.

Can you join the Test clubs I made and then edit the name and save? Lets see what happens.

EDIT: I've checked it out Hong, you cannot edit the Name once your have members or the members posted in the social club.

HongFire
08-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok thanks. that makes sense. :) But if any social group owner want to change the social group name in the future pls pm me thanks.

glasses
08-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Can we chage the titles under our Usernames for Social Groups? Mine says Resident Member but if the goal is to be able to create a Clique of members wouldn't it be a good idea if we could have custom user title from the Social Group? I'm in HF- Ninja Shrine so I'd like it to say something to that effect.

Mirai Aoi
09-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Ciao ragazzi :english:

I just see this, and here is grande idea:

How about you make social group for the linguaggi, like one for italiano, one for giapponese, one for tedesco eccetera :neko:
I think this would be much good, more good than have one thread unico per linguaggio :kakashi:

(sorry me not know some english word and use italiano :pika09: )

kingx11
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
social groups in a anime/hentai site? it's ironic if not funny lol