PDA

View Full Version : Katawa Shoujo/かたわ少女(English Bishoujo eroge Game)

ahinigami
11-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Today when I was browsing Sankaku Complex I was shocked to see 4Chan developed an english bishoujo eroge game ,Katawa Shoujo/かたわ少女.It seems the project started quite sometime and it was actually started by anonymous.The game revolve around a boy and 5 disabled girl(Why must it be disabled girl?) and the official date has yet to be announced.Cant wait to try out this game:neko:.

Katawa Shoujo Official Site (http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/staff.php)

Here is the preview:
Katawa Shoujo Perview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cktRM8-nYck)
Katawa Shoujo - Emi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuKfPNM8LVk)
Katawa Shoujo OP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HvGrce-E-8)(Pls dont expect too much)

This is taken from the official site
The New Year of 2007 was bound to be business as usual for the /a/ board of 4chan until on 4th of January, Anonymous posted an omake page from a doujin by Raita of doujin circle Zettai Shoujo, detailing character art for a dating sim he dubbed “Katawa Shoujo”.

For reasons we will never know, someone’s genius idea of actually realizing Raita’s idea of the game caught on like wildfire and soon suggestions ranging from tender love stories to depraved sex fantasies were running amok in the thread.

The insane idea of creating an actual original game, based on nothing but a single picture and the sparse ideas Raita had written in the margins titillated the imaginations of Anonymous so much that people became truly serious about the fledgling project.

Soon, there were development forums and for the next months, ideas and suggestions were flying around, with people trying to flesh out their ideas, drawing sample art, writing sample text, trying to control the chaos of dozens of people arguing and bickering about the direction of the game.

From there, the most active people began the actual game developement as a working group named Four Leaf Studios and the project truly took off in the summer ‘07.

moogleking
11-18-2008, 09:58 AM
The game revolve around a boy and 5 disabled girl(Why must it be disabled girl?

I see nothing wrong with dating disabled girls, after all they are human beings with feelings and can enjoy romance like normal people.

glasses
11-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Indeed the story could have a similar emotional impact as Kana Little Sister. It is quite interesting to see somthing developed from a few obscure ideas on a forum. It will be interesting to see how this game turns out.

TheAwakener
11-18-2008, 11:31 AM
(Why must it be disabled girl?)
Why not? It´s interesting and can be quite hot.

lucifelos
11-18-2008, 11:53 AM
I see nothing wrong with dating disabled girls, after all they are human beings with feelings and can enjoy romance like normal people.

Agreed :D And it's not like you're being wrong here, ahinigami. Curiousity doesnt always kill the cat. Me too, am curious, about the the decision making though. Like, if there was any significant meaning to these disabled girls, more than just showing that they are the same as us, mind wise.

Thx for the update :D and waiting for the release.

Stormwing
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
*click on the official site & read the story* Aww~ That's so sweet~ T^T *cried manly tears*

Algester
11-18-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/18/disabled-girl-eroge-%E2%80%9Ckatawa-shoujo%E2%80%9D-developed-by-4chan/
more news?.... @_@

ahinigami
11-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Personally Im not really into disabled girl type of story but I will definitely tried this game out because it might turn out to be really interesting , the story seems great too ^^.

This is the Katawa Shoujo staff list
Current Developer Team
cpl_crud: Project producer, Hanako path writer
Aura: Head of Writing, Game designer, Rin path writer
delta: Head programmer, UI designer
TheHivemind: Emi path writer
Anonymous22: Shizune path writer
Suriko: Lilly path writer
Ismuth: Editor
Kagami: Editor
Silentcook: Editor
Ambi07: Head of Art, Artist
moekki: Artist
raemz: Artist
gebyy-terar: Artist
Kamifish: Artist
yujovi: Background photographer
Special Thanks
Anonymous
PyTom
NicolArmarfi
chendo
Raita
Too many minor and former contributors to list here...

anonymous never cease to amuse me

Suriko
11-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi, I'm one of the developers of KS. Glad to see the Good Word getting around.

I just want to note that the preview clip in the first post isn't in any way indicative of the game any more. It's from nigh on two years ago, with the art, writing, music and interface all having changed a lot since then. The Emi video is current, though.

Also, the OP is not in fact the Katawa Shoujo OP, but a spoof of the Melty Blood Act Cadenza one with Katawa Shoujo characters.

If there's any questions, feel free to ask.

zephyranthez
11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
(Why must it be disabled girl?)

cuz 4chan believed that "whatever it is, it's someone else's fetish"
so there goes :)

ahinigami
11-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Found something funny .... Ketawa Shounen (On progress)
Ketawa Shounen (Not official site) (http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/851311)
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=102586&stc=1&d=1227603379
Katawa Shoujo Parody? =.=!!!

Stormwing
11-25-2008, 03:35 AM
LOL :D I'm LMAO @ that :D

Suriko
05-02-2009, 04:59 AM
Just a heads-up, the demo is out (http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2009/04/katawa-shoujo-act-1-preview-released.html).

Stormwing
05-02-2009, 07:30 AM
*w00t* Thanx a million, mate :kakashi:

FishHead
05-02-2009, 12:11 PM

I find your sarcasm amusing.

Stormwing
05-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Nnnn~ No, that's not a sarcasm. I know one man, he has a wife that using wheelchair, and her wife is beautiful.

If you put it as sarcasm, i think YOU're the one who has no humanity & caring to our difabled fellows, comrade =_=;

PanuruRose
05-03-2009, 01:55 AM
I'll crawl out of my lurker hole long enough to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the demo.

Not only is it rare to have disabled characters in any form of entertainment, but having them treated so humanely (in the literal sense) is wonderful. Far too often such characters are either made of glass or are treated as unspeakably heroic just for living. My fiancee is in a wheelchair, and the main character's adjustment to the people in the school was dead-on what I experienced when I first entered the disabled community. The reactions of the characters themselves were very familiar, too, especially the armless girl's dark humor.

Beside all that, it was just a good game overall. I can't wait to see more of it :kakashi:

*crawls back into lurker hole*

solblade007
05-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Agreed, I'm more interested in seeing how the storyline turns out then the actual ero scenes.

Hell, if you guys don't finish the game, I'd settle on just reading the script of the game >_>

Vaan
05-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Dang! Disabled girls? Why not? It's unique for casting 5 disabled girls and 1 guy with disability on his insides.

It shows how disabled people still goes on life even that they can't have normal lives anymore. Katawa Shoujo is really an interesting game. I've played ero sims many times but when I saw this on sankakucomplex I've become really curious.

It's a nice game. I finish the Demo left me wanting for more.

Stormwing
05-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Uh... Guys...? ^^;
[Cripple-Subs]_Katawa_Shoujo_01_[EDB58007].mkv.torrent *Currently downloading, will be finished in 3 hours or so* :D

*edit* And it's bullshit. Just a bunch of clip from TV show "House" with Katawa Shoujo's dialogue =_=;; LOL...

CanadaAotS
05-12-2009, 03:00 AM
I'll crawl out of my lurker hole long enough to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the demo.

Lurker here, doing the same. The game demo is awesome, very well done...

... so I heard someone, somewhere made some of the cast in AG3, anyone know of the sauce on this? Lol.

Edit: Oh, I might as well link you guys to the OST that I uploaded over at nyaatorrents.
[Kenji] Katawa Shoujo OST [Vorbis 140kbps CBR] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=63463)
Funny how many Japanese IPs I saw on the peer list while seeding haha.

hunterjr90
05-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Uh... Guys...? ^^; *Currently downloading, will be finished in 3 hours or so* :D

*edit* And it's bullshit. Just a bunch of clip from TV show "House" with Katawa Shoujo's dialogue =_=;; LOL...

LOL. it a bit to early for the anime . but i only ran though it once and i can't wait for more. :kakashi: keep up to good work 4leaf

Olon
05-15-2009, 09:56 PM
This game has actually made it to my favorites list for the time being. If the endings aren't as 'predictable' as I see it, it will stay there;D

yariel
05-15-2009, 11:38 PM
um, it might be a nice story indeed like Kana ...
I hope not too sad ...
and I really have some kind weak spot for disable people ... (not in erotic way)

Stormwing
05-16-2009, 12:26 AM
and I really have some kind weak spot for disable people ... (not in erotic way) True, disabled & difabled also need love *heart mark Kyun <3*

Hecatom
05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
i like the idea of this game, hopefully we would see the full game soon

sshonn
05-28-2009, 07:42 AM
If you check their website, it appears that most of them read 4chan from time to time but are not that big a user.

Anyway, kudos to the authors, this is one of the best eroge game i've seen in a long time, well-written english, with a promising story and nice graphics.
I'm looking forward to play the whole game.

Malloy25
05-28-2009, 08:04 AM
True. I as well cannot wait for this game to be finished.

I wouldn't even care if there if there were no H-scenes whatsoever in the full version (although I certainly won't mind either); mainly I wanna know how things are going to progress with Hanako. I think I'm in love! :neko:

Stormwing
05-28-2009, 04:28 PM
*see Malloy's avatar* I see what you did there, mein freund! :kakashi:

Vaan
06-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Is it possible to complete the library from the Demo? I only got Emi and Rin's endings. I'm having problems getting the other 3.

Suriko
06-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Yes. The demo is only complete once the percentage at the bottom of the library reads 100% and all CGs are unlocked.