PDA

View Full Version : Practical Studies/Internships in Japan

a321d
02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey folks,

After a few days of searching for help in my own school, I've not really gotten any further.. But here's the score:

I'm currently in my second year of College/University and am looking for a place to finish up the last part of my third (final) year in Japan, with a Practical Study/Internship in IT, Application Developer.

What I need is help from someone in or from Japan that can help me get into contact with a company/firm over there, where I can do this.

Any help what so ever is welcome, cause I'm currently at a dead end.

Thanks in advance,

Ozzy~:kakashi:

Satelight
02-18-2009, 11:20 AM
ozzy is to infiltrate into the JPN territory

4'em original lolis...

all as planned i see...

Juas
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, it's really strange that being related to your studies, you haven't found anything in your University. And about you finding info about finishing your career, well, obviously it depends on the Universities that offers the same studies and if they are compatible with the ones you are currently studying. (For example my career is not the same in Spain and the rest of Europe). You should look in some Universities from Japan. Start with the most important ones.

But of course, the main purpose of your trip is not only finishing your studies... well, you know...

a321d
02-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Well, it's really strange that being related to your studies, you haven't found anything in your University. And about you finding info about finishing your career, well, obviously it depends on the Universities that offers the same studies and if they are compatible with the ones you are currently studying. (For example my career is not the same in Spain and the rest of Europe). You should look in some Universities from Japan. Start with the most important ones.

But of course, the main purpose of your trip is not only finishing your studies... well, you know...

That's the thing though, I'm not looking for a Uni to go to, I'm looking for a company to help me finish my current studies.. Internships so to say.
I'm already in college here, and I just need a business to end it with.

Anyway, my college doesn't have any interaction with Japan what so ever, and I'll be the first one to go there from my school, so.. that's why I need help :D

Juas
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Ok, I understand what are you talking about, but let me guess. You want to finish that year, making what is called 'practices'. This is working in any company that uses to recruit beginners. Am I right? Well, this is something completely normal at least in many colleges and universities.

Well, the hard thing. You are not only trying to make it in other country, is in other continent even. Well, a friend of mine is making his last year in France and he can't do that kind of thing. As I said is really difficult to get that kind of stuff when the studies maybe are not that much related with what are you studying (I mean, maybe in Japan uses to prepare their students in other fields or techniques or other stuff). that's really difficult.

You want to contact to a company in Japan that helps you to finish your current studies. The only people I know that were able to do that were helped by grants and cause there are some International Relationships in their Colleges/Universities. I'm really sorry to say that what you want (and I like that Idea too, got some info about it) it's really difficult.

The best option is, as I told to another friend that wants the same as you, is going to Japan, and finish your studies there, somehow, making your studies compatible there and try to access to some of those offers. Ozzy, Good Luck, you will need it.

a321d
02-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Well, I'm obviously not going to go there for the same reason, without any actual prospect of getting what I'm looking for.
I'll try my luck again in the morning.. I've got a nice list of people to call before I give up.

02-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Well, since the yen is high in Japan and the job market is low, there's practically no chance that you can get into a company in Japan. Even if you could, you would be in translations because they always need people to help proofread their "Engrish". Check the Japanese job sites via google. Just tell those companies that you would do this as volunteer since I'm pretty damn sure they're not gonna fly you there and pay for your accommodations.

khale
04-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi I'd like to enroll in a Japanese university for a master's degree whether in English literature or Civilization.
The problem is that I could only find two universities relating to my field.
Can anybody provide me with a list of universities teaching English Literature or Civilization plzzzzzzzzzzzz :wryyy: