Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current anime season is awfully lean for yuri.

Anne Happy - Yuri subtext popped up in the third episode. Hard to say if it goes anywhere.
    Bakuon! - Might have some light subtext, but I haven't really noticed any.
    Haifuri! - Also might have some.
    Hundred - Some of the academy princess' fans adore her. Pretty lightweight stuff.
    Mayoiga - Some light subtext. Pretty creepy show, and I doubt there'll be much yuri development, if any.
    Netoge - Some light subtext.
    Pan de Peace! - Probably the strongest subtext currently. I still don't expect much.

Aikatsu Stars, Onigiri, PriPara, Sailor Moon Crystal, Sansha Sanyou, Usakame and Wagamama High Spec are all shows with a lot of girls hanging out together that I'm either not following, or haven't seen any yuriness yet.

ja ne

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyottl View Post
      Played a bit more Sapphism no Gensou, too, but somehow I'm not quite motivated after the first play-through.
      That game is a serious bitch. Unless you got a whole lot of time and patience, there's no way you'll finish all the routes (and collect all the extra side stories) without a walkthrough. That game was rough. Just looking through the walkthrough made me want to chuck the game out the window. Did I mention that game was a bitch?
      Currently reading: ReLIFE, UQHolder, Ajin
      Watching: Gate, OreFuro

Comment

• Yeah, very much true, but, hey, I tried (emphasize on try) Touka Gettan before that, and that is a bitch even WITH walkthrough. As a matter of fact, it's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE (and I never really understood what the FUCK was going on).

Just saying xD
        And I have to say that I don't like games where you don't have to think about the choices at all. But I hate those where you need some Excel sheet to keep track of the combinations you've already tried, too. A middle-ground is what I want, plz. ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyottl
          ... and that right there is why 90% of all yuri shows are rubbish :/
          Noooooo pyottl how can you say that. Well let's agree that yuri can have different genres to it for people to enjoy. I just prefer yuri with fun, cuteness and great artwork in it. A show like Yuru Yuri is beautiful to me and alot of others. It makes you happy

Starlight Vega looks nice here are some pictures.

Originally posted by TSR
          Anne Happy - Yuri subtext popped up in the third episode. Hard to say if it goes anywhere.
          Looks nice . School + Yuri and cuteness that is my pick

Originally posted by TSR
          Pan de Peace! - Probably the strongest subtext currently. I still don't expect much.
          The main character reminds me of Cocoa from Gochuumon. And Cocoa also loves making bread. Bread is sooo delicious
          Attached Files
          Last edited by S&T Kawaii Love; 04-25-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Are there any upcoming anime for this summer or autumn 2016 that have "Yuri", "Comedy" and "Slice of Life" as the main theme.

Comment

• Haven't seen anything this season but then I'm way behind as far as anime goes.

I've tried watching Valkyrie Drive Mermaid. Gawd, I thought Cross Ange was trashy but Valkyrie takes this to a whole new level. I'll probably finish this...eventually. At least there's no dubious male lead getting in the way...right?

Speaking of Mermaid, read Mermaid Lovers to the latest chapter (13). Liked the newest revelations. New chapter hasn't come out in a while though. :/

Comment

• I recently read

Class Zenin Maji de Yuri?! ~Watashi-tachi no Rezu Oppai wa Anata no Mono Joshi Zenin Shiofuki Keikaku~ /
                クラス全員マヂでゆり?! ~私達のレズおっぱいは貴女のモノ・女子全員潮吹き計画~ /
                The Entire Class is Seriously Lesbian!? ~Our Lez Tits are Yours, The Plan to Make Every Girl Ejaculate~

by MBS Truth -Cherish Pink- and it is simply the most awesome Yuri VN in existence, well, at least on the lighthearted comedy spectrum. Rondo Duo is the one for dark Yuri-Futa (and dat animation) and for drama, well...
                anyway. One Perverted Female Protagonist, 11 Main Heroines, 2 Adults, Harem Ending(s), Animated H Scenes, coupled with quite awesome art I have no qualms at all with this work. It's cute, silly and perverted while having a lot of variety along with the option to let random white sticky stuff appear. I really can't help but recommend it to literary everyone in here. Personally I used the Visual Novel Reader and did quite fine (except for maybe the Finnish/Russian).

Now in terms of Drama, well, I also did read

Shirogane Otome / シロガネオトメ by MANATSU_8

recently, however while decent I did not find it that good and slightly generic in terms of writing, kinda boring at times. The art is also rather meh imho, especially since the "make-up" is just too heavy while the H art, well, I sure won't look at it again. I am particular about mah boobs and those were just terrible, not only because of size (there are E+ I find attractive, see the title above) but the nipples and their positions, eww...
                I am a cream whip, nothing more and nothing less.
                Oh, and I am a cream whip that made a List of CM3D2 Mods [Always WIP and totally NSFW], mind you.

Comment

• A second recommend for クラス全員マヂでゆり?! It's a fun experience.

I've been following Happy Sugar Life... It's twisted. Rather than being a fluffy yuri-centric story, it's the 'love story' of a young woman who kidnapped a child, whom she has emotionally manipulated to depend on her. She kills and conspires against any that would compromise her situation... And the story is told from her perspective most of the time... *shudders*
                  And the art style really helps with the uncomfortable creepiness of it all; it's sugary sweet when it's focused on the 'happiness' of the MC and still cutesy during most everything else, but anything negative gets highlighted with evil eyes, twisted smiles, and dark tones.
                  Really enjoyable read, but in an uncomfortable way. If any of you haven't read it yet, I recommend it.

Oh, and read another chapter of Yurika's Campus Life recently! It's always exciting to see a new chapter of this, because it means I'll get some good laughs out!
                  Do I need to say anything?
                  [/URL]
                  I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

• I don't know if there's still anyone here (deja vu?!) but because of the fall of HF the website, I'm looking for other places to go for my fix of 2D discussion, including yuri. I appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions.

Comment

• Anyone reading Netsuzou TRap? They announced an anime adaptation for 2017. I’m personally waiting for it to air since I read the comic.

Yumiko (夢巫子) is warawara’s other kueea. Singature by Kagomeko (化込子).

Comment

• ^ Nope, will check it out later though.

Just so everyone's clear, apparently Yurika fucked a mama bear once... literally... Or so we've been told; it may or may not have been made up.
                        The manga that just keeps on giving lols.

And apparently age-gap yuri manga is a big thing recently, because now we have Yuzumori-san for another 'high school girl in love with a little girl' manga; not terrifying like Happy Sugar Life, but still creepy... Of course, it plays off that for about half of the lolicon MC's dramedy (because this is very much a dramedy. I'm not sure if there's been a non-dramatic, cliffhanger ending to a single chapter).
                        And yes, even though the age-gap isn't as big as age-gap stories with a high-schooler or young adult as the younger party, it's creepier somehow. But again, it's also written that way... I think it's creepier IRL, but this isn't IRL, so...

Doesn't seem to be much in the way of yuri VNs coming out though... In Japanese at least; haven't figured out why there's suddenly so many English language yuri VNs, but I have a bad feeling as to why and I really don't want to find out if I'm right or not so... Discriminate against the English language VNs it is.
                        [/URL]
                        I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

• .tomi that looks very interesting. When does it air in 2017.

Does anyone have any yuri anime recommendations for 2017

Yanachan it's sad to see the HF website like this. Have you found any good Yuri website to discuss your yuri interest with.
                          I really hope the HF website will return back again. What other places are there to discuss yuri anime with.

Comment

• It's not yuri, but there's tons of subtext in Flip Flappers (that was so obviously intentional that it almost hurts). Just marathoned it; was far better than I expected; would watch again (but not for the overarching plot, because it's pretty much non-existent for most of the show). Also, the ending is so great that I watched it on every episode, even though I was marathoning it; GIF worthy loops throughout.

ADDED BIT:
                            I thought I posted this last night, but it's not showing up in the thread and asking me if I want to restore the comment I was writing, so I guess I didn't. Hope it doesn't become a double post.
                            [/URL]

Comment

• @S&T Kawaii Love
                              It has just been announced the previous month or two. There is no date given yet besides 2017. The last info is that Creators in Pack will be animating it names of few other staff members, besides the previously announced main cast. Warawara suspect summer or fall.

Yumiko (夢巫子) is warawara’s other kueea. Singature by Kagomeko (化込子).

Comment

Working...
                              X