Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Umemaro 3D Discussion Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umemaro 3D Discussion Thread II

Umemaro 3D/梅麻呂3D

Home page - http://www115.sakura.ne.jp/~umemaro3d/

Blog - http://b.dlsite.net/RG01865/

Wiki - http://umemaro3d.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

Continuation of the popular Umemaro 3D thread.

Original thread here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...cussion-thread
    Last edited by TSR; 05-29-2015, 05:39 AM. Reason: Add new link.

• It's not really surprising he's knowing oftenly this kind of disfunction and PC broke since he buys only old machines like XP and Vista and mount powerful graphic cards and so equipment.
    Those machines were loan of bugs and materials inside very fragile with time.
    today Windows don't even offer Updates anymore for those old systems.

He should go for more recent versions like Win8 or 10. His work could only be better and his machines better life expectancy

Comment

• Feels like he has never-ending computer issues. Though, I guess the work he does is pretty resource-heavy - and the quality is what you usually see from a team of people with professional gear, not one guy in an apartment using a consumer-class high-end PC.

Comment

• Klemmohazard
        Klemmohazard commented
        Editing a comment
        As always, thanks James for keeping the wiki up to date and interesting, I;m going to get to work on updating some character pages.

• Another comment:

My broken graphic board was quite expensive so it would be a waste to throw it away, that’s why I took it in for repair. For the time being, it’s taking some time to repair so I ordered online something that has a good performance. It seems like they have gotten cheaper recently. I broke a NVIDIA QUADRO6000. I bought a NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 eqp4000-8ger. That’s pretty much it. I want to install it as soon as possible to try it. Right now I’m making the script and the chart, I’m also screening the voice actors so this is not really affected by the other thing. But I’m really behind schedule ^^;

Comment

• Anyone have an invite to the Discord? This piece of shit website is awful

Comment

• Originally posted by james622 View Post
        Feels like he has never-ending computer issues. Though, I guess the work he does is pretty resource-heavy - and the quality is what you usually see from a team of people with professional gear, not one guy in an apartment using a consumer-class high-end PC.

Then, just imagine what his works would look like if he has a such equipment ^_^

That said, I am not suggesting he spend all his bank account on buying some monster pro gear, but just a recent PC with recent windows system exploitation that helps him increase his time production and avoids him some system bugs.
        High class Wind8.1 Wind.10 PC are pretty cheap nowadays. Some Alienware could be a nice compromise too, even if it's gamers gears, they are powerful enough to handle his rendering job.

I remember at the past, when I was on XP/Vista, I was oftenly facing this kind of bug pbs and forced to change my PC every 2/3 years ... And I was using my PC only for basic stuffs, so I can't imagine how extremely he pushed up his machines for hentai rendering...
        When I passed to Wind8/10 I noticed this kind of bugs are very very rare and machines life expectancy highly grew up.
        Last edited by joey86; 10-05-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Klemmohazard
          Klemmohazard commented
          Editing a comment
          it doesn't quite work like that. The largest amount of time for Ume is character and set creation followed but scene production. Most of these things have nothing to do with performance and everything to do with frame by frame production and checking, even more so when you add in lip synch and facial expression and the bones and muscles he has to create and change by a frame by frame basis.

Rendering is something he makes his computer do in the background whilst he plays games or goes to sleep.

Finally Umemaro doesn't seem to be interested in photo-realism, doesn't ,match his his style so a better PC might not be that big of a deal if he's not worried about polygon's in skin texture.

• joey86
          joey86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, you seem yo know much more than me about 3D CG conception, but I was telling this just because he complained at the past rendering was taking him so long because his machine couldn't deal with more than a specific amount of frames.
          So I suggest a upgraded PC to fix recurrent windows bugs and make his rendering time faster.

Besides, you probably right and gears power is not the the problem at all to make his work easy.
          Last edited by joey86; 10-08-2018, 04:52 AM.

• any discord link because the previous link has expired

Comment

• Hi Guys, just wanted to share a commission I got done by John-Doe. Tell me what you think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01_00000.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	6415505Click image for larger version

Name:	01_00001.png
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	6415506Click image for larger version

Name:	01_00002.png
Size:	27.3 KB