Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Artificial Girl 2: Modifying & Guides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial Girl 2: Modifying & Guides

This thread has been around a long time and this first post has never been updated. Because this has become a huge thread, it has become pretty intimidating. This update provides a snapshot of where to look for stuff. I don't intend to update this regularly, but perhaps once every 1.5 years ;-). The original post is mostly irrelevant now, but I preserved it for posterity. It is moved to the end.

If you are new to Illusion's Artificial Girl (also referred to as AG2 or AI2), or if you are looking patches or add-ons, installation help etc. PLEASE CLICK HERE That discussion thread answers almost any question you can possibly imagine. It is important for modders also because links to most of the tools and guides can be found there. Also, there is a WIKI that contains much of the information in a more convenient form located here.

About this particular thread. This and its sister thread Modding News discusses the modification of AG2. Generally, this thread discusses technique, insights into the game engine and structure etc. The other thread was created to allow the dissemination of new mods. But in reality, both topics are covered in both threads. If you're a serious modder, you should monitor both.

As a very brief overview, the key phases of this thread are as follows:
    - Very basic 2D mods inserted with PPEditor. THIS TECHNIQUE AND THIS TOOL ARE BOTH OBSOLETE. Ignore references to PPEditor in the subsequent pages.
    - JS2Edit became PPEditor's successor. Mods were released that conformed to JS2Edit's formats.
    - 3D mods started appearing from our fellow modders in Japan. Wide usage was stymied because re-insertion of 3D mods was more like Voodoo than a science. The key tool is JS2Mesh.
    - ByBlo's Harem was released. This revolutionized the world of modding and provided a easy way for people to insert, restore and distribute mods (including 3D mods). It uses JS2Edit for file insertion, so all early mod releases were re-worked to conform with Harem's naming convention. CLICK here for Harem related stuff
    - More insight was gained into how to extend the game, instead of just replacing existing textures. TBLEditor is the key tool for doing this. But be sure to read the thread carefully because Harem and TBLeditor need to be kept in synch or else, Harem will fail.
    - At the time of writing this update, the focus of the discussion is on modifying the animations using a new tool from Japan called js2anim. This discusison is still in the exciting early discovery and experimentation phase.

If you are really serious about modding and you have time (and you cannot read Japanese), reading this thread is a great idea. Otherwise, use the search function and some of the key terms listed above to find info.

Good luck. have fun. And don't forget to post your mods.

AN

***BEGIN original post***
    Thanks to Tijoh for starting the AI2 torrent, shares for the Omake and SiTWulf and Ryuu for the tools, here is the first modest little mod that I've made. I am hoping you'd enjoy this and would be motivated to create your own mods and share.

Just a little background. I really enjoy Kisekae which involves creating (and most importantly removing ) clothing. When I found that one can patch SB2 by extracting and modding TGA and BMP files, I got interested. But then, AI2 burst onto the scene and I immediately felt this is going to be a fun platform to do a 3D pseudo Kisekae since there are so many types of clothing (vs. SB2 which is very swimsuit focused).

Here's is my first modest offering. It really is more of a test that I can do this:

There are two pairs of black stocking (fishnet and sheer with garter strap) contained in six BMP files. These two replace items from the Omake collection. The reason I chose the Omake collection for mods is that most players like myself have still not yet unlocked all the clothing in the original game. When you install the Omake patch, these will be available by default. I have seen evidence of fishnet stocking in the game, but unfortunately I have not unlocked it yet which is why I created this for myself. But I think you will see this is slightly different.

Directions:
    - Unzip these six BMPs into a location you can remember.
    - Use the PPEditor to insert these six items into AIX_00_00.pp located in your program data directory (by default this will be: c:\program files\illusion\ai2\data)

NOTE that these will replace items in the Omake set. So if you happen to like those items, and want to restore them, you can get the original files from the DATA directory in the DVD and re-insert them with PPEditor.

Also, for those who care about this sort of thing, I did not have time to replace the menu labels. So the Japanese labels still refer to the original items.

If I find time, I intend to write a more detailed tutorial so that we can get more people contributing to this effort. Before that happens (if ever), take a look at this thread to get started. SiTWulf and Ryuu provided links to tools.

I hope that you can all contribute to this effort to have a modding thread. Please direct your game and patch installation questions to the appropriate threads. Let's focus this thread on new textures and questions on how-to create new items.

"Mods" o shimasho!
    Last edited by Anand; 05-14-2007, 07:33 AM.

Here's a couple more mods.

One file is a mod of the face. Instead of the option with the beauty mark, I created a face with more pronounced make-up. Slightly more vamp.

Second file is a different uncensor patch than what Ryuu posted. I color matched the flesh with the normal skin tone. This should work with the tanlined bodies as well. This one does not have hair.

Although this one looks more natural than the one previously posted (because of darker shading towards the rear), it is still un-natural because the game does NOT apply lighting effects on this layer so it is noticeable.

Directions:
    - 041202Face.zip - Contents should be placed in a known directory and inserted into AI2_00_00.pp using PPeditor
    - 041202Unc.zip - Content contains one file. This file should be moved in its entirety into the DATA directory. Becaus it replaces the previous file, you may want to back that file up first. The easiest way is to just append ".orig" to the file name of the original file. If you don't care for my version uncensoring, just delete my file and rename this backup.

Anyways, I hope you like it.
    Last edited by Anand; 05-14-2007, 07:33 AM.

Comment

nice work Anand. I am working on it as well.Thank you.
      Live an Let Live!!!

Comment

First thanks for your work...
        I really download this and test it...

Thanks.

My Files:
        Sexy Beach Premium Resort GameCards Mod.
        3D Custom Girl SP1 Uncensor (not need official files). / 3D Custom Girl SP1 eng Installer.
        3D Custom Girl Chararter Releases / Artificial Girl 3 eng Installer.

My RIG:
        Spoiler
        MODEL: Asus G750JS Series Notebook
        CPU: I7-4710HQ 4-Core 2.5GHz
        GPU: GeForce GTX 870M (6GB)
        MEM: 16266 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)

Comment

thanks

Really sweet stuff, and good examples if you want to play with it yourself

Like slapping a tattoo on her ass.
          Attached Files
          Grumpy ol' Grampa J

Comment

I'm glad i could help. Hopefully more people will start modding too.

Illusion really did a good job with AI Girl 2. To make it even better they should release an expansion pack like Chiku Chiku Beach. More clothes, hair styles, areas, and animations. Two must have features that I'd like to see are sex toys and a way to customize the guy. I'm getting sick of playing the same blind idiot in every game.

To make this there best game, Illusion should release mod tools and let you add content instead of replacing it like we're doing now.

The only way to get a perfect looking uncensor would be to do it like in Sexy Beach 2. Mod one of her panties with a skin tone and the pussy texture and then it will look perfect. The only problem is when you move her panties to F*** her.

Here's a simple mod that anyone can do until SiTWulf finishes the translation (if this can be translated). In the "DATA\Datafile" folder of your install directory are folders with the names you chose for the women you created, which is strangely in English?!? In each folder is a .bmp file that is used for the load screen. Simply use your favorite image editor and put whatever name you want using whatever colors you want.

Here's another one. All the replays are stored in the "Rep folder". You can rename the .rep file to whatever you want and it will change the name in the game too. For example, if I rename "2004_1202_2316_1578.rep" to "Hot Sex on the Beach.rep" it will say that in the game under the replay menu.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ryuu; 12-03-2004, 08:09 AM.
            Breasts are like Apple Jacks - we don't know why we like them, we just do.~ Azrael

Comment

Thanks everyone. Please hurry up and post something :-) The tattoo thing is a great idea.

Ryuu,
              I personally don't like the SB2 approach since removing the panties leaves you with an unrealistic department store mannikin (sp?) with no private parts. Sort feels like playing with ET. Blecch!

As you pointed out in the other thread, the Censor thingy is really a small AVI file. Our patches essentially replaces that AVI with an AVI of a single bitmap. The game engine does not apply lighting effects on the patch, so that is why the colors are flat and do not blend with the rest of the skin tone at oblique angles. When viewed straight on, my color blend works.

But there is another solution: Use the skin tone textures contained in AI2_00_01.pp. For this to work, someone would have to go into the game engine and disable the playback of the AVI, so we can directly see the uncensored skin texture. The there would be continuity in shading. Since I don't know how to reverse engineer code (I have Hex editor .. but don't know what to do with it), I experimented with inserting a null AVI file into AI2_11_00, but the game just ignored it.

The downside of of getting rid of the AVI is that manipulation of that part of the body will not be animated. Currently the video texture is deformed as you move your cursor around. That effect would be lost if we only see the body skin texture.

Separately, I totally agree with you that Illusion did a great job with AI2. The extra tools and scenes would make this a mini-cult phenom like the original Doom. Do you remember when people starting modding Castle Wolfenstein. ID decided to actively support this fan activity and released tools for Doom (map editors, etc). As they say, the rest is history. Doom replayability skyrocketed because of the huge number of custom mods, and its market acceptance was so high that no other game could touch it in a long time. Ooops I'm dating myself ;-)

Getting back to modding AI2, does anyone know how the game creators enabled extensibility? In other words, I'd like to know how the game accepts the Omake patch. Once we figure this out, then adding to the wardrobe would be much easier. And for others so inclined, they can add rooms. As of right now, I am replacing items. This is fine for me since I am replace items that I don't use, but others may actually like those items that I usurped, so my current approach is not sustainable in the long term.

Happy modding.

Comment

2 things i have to contribute:

1)
                I checked for differences in the files of "no omake" and "with omake"...
                none of the existing files were modified the setup just adds the AIX* files (exept AIX_02* which were already present before).

so they already coded the omake inside of the normal game and just enable all the omake-contents if the missing AIX*-files are present (which are only holding the images and models)

that are really bad news, 'cause now it's clear, that no "new" content can be added, just the old one can be modified -_-

2)
                I noticed, that (maybe usefull for a real uncensor patch) the parts which will be covered with this mosaic-animation are textured in the models.
                the texture is z90_00_00.bmp (it is in every file were body-models are located [those b*.x files]).
                maybe someone could try to replace this bmp with a screentone of the medium body-color (or just with the current uncensor-pic) and make a transparent mosaic-animation (avi supports alpha in 32bit-mode... in my logic this could be a workaround for the current lightning problem cause the texture will be on the model which is affected by lightning

*prays that his idea works* someone please try this ^^

[edit]
                ok... "Microsoft Video 1"-Codec only supports up to 24bit... so no alpha... and the game is fixed to that codec (if you chose another you will get the codec-error message everyone is whining about; BTW, I don't know why... the codec is a windows internal one so everyone should have it)
                Last edited by Atachi; 12-03-2004, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to make more versions for her nether regions. I'd like to know what you guys used to create the AVIs. I'm able to handle everything else, but after recompiling the PP file and trying to use it, I get a microsoft video 1 error. If you guys can share the needed info, I'd apreciate it very much. I'm also going to work on removing the necessity of the AVI, but I prmoise nothing...looks to be kind of difficult. Thanks to all the other modders, especially you SiTWulf.

Comment

Atachi,
                    Thank you. Well, the good news is that we now know for sure the game can't be easily extended.

Darnit! (Not your fault).

Illusion could have had a good thing going there. I am now having nightmares of different patches stomping over each other wreaking havoc. In other words, users would have to keep track of which TGA or BMP files are being replaced, and keeping backups in case they want to revert back. I guess the only way to prevent this from happening is to release complete *.pp files ... but these things are huge.

uhnhuh,
                    You must have posted at pretty much the same time as Atachi. His posts gives the reasons for your microsoft video error. But to answer your question, I used Premiere 6.0, with video settings: MS Video 1 - 15 FPS, and custom frame size of 256x256 (this matches al the other texture maps in the PP files).

What I did, opened the original patch that was posted by Ryuu. I exported the BMP and then Photoshopped it (shaved the hair, color matched skintones). And then I re-imported into an AVI with the above settings. One other point: Ryuu's uncenc patch was 2.9 sec long. I cropped mine to 2.8 and there did not seem to be any probs. The reason I keep referring to Ryuu's patch is because the AVI's that I extracted from the original game disk crash every video player on my machine including Premiere.

But anyhow, modding the AVI is sort of pointless because the AVI's will always look different from the surrounding skin tone since it is not affected by lighting effects like the rest of the skin. Unless there is a way to get rid of the AVI (Atachi has already determined the AVI can't be transparent), then I guess we're just gonna have to live with this.

Comment

remember the error when running AI2 in another regional setting than japanese?

i hexed the AI2.exe from the english-patch, that it "should" run in every reginal setting but i can't test it 'cause even if i set all to english i don't get the error even if i start the original exe (the one without noDVD)... don't know why ^^

can someone who got this error in english-mode please verify the hexed exe?
                      thanks a lot ^^

Comment

New Uncenc patch

OK. Saw a comment about how the previous bald patch was a little bizarre. I agree. Here is one that should look better.
                        Last edited by Anand; 12-12-2006, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas why there's a null zone between the man and the woman's parts. I am assuming that the v area is actually a 3 dimensional form where the avi is actually playing on the inside of that area with clear areas on the other 4 or 5 sides. Assuming that, has anyone ever been able to mod the actual wireframe of illusion games and had it able to be resinserted back into the game? I've tried and in the past have been able to extract the 3d forms and even view them but haven't been able to find a reader that would save the file in and out of a workable format. That then assuming I could repack them into the correct file to have them read by the game which I never had any luck with either.

Anyone know a ultility that will do this?
                          I looked for this a while ago to work on biko3 and interact play, and got Zoltan Karpati to add the .x file format to his 3d object converter, but as his last version I don't think it'll save them in another format, although I haven't looked at it for a while.

Comment

the problem is, that the x-files illusion uses are not the same direct3d uses... they contain additional information and are binary and compressed... the only way to read them is with the modelviewer.
                            even if the viewer can export those meshes to VRML you'll lose the animation- and the texture-infos stored in a x-file (that's why .x is important do directx) and you can't store any edited VRML in the x-file-format illusion uses

(the only way is to steal illusions internal model-editor or the sourcecode of the viever or the game ^^)

Comment

Nevermind, I'm a silly goose
                              Last edited by kosaka7; 12-05-2004, 05:13 PM.

Kオサカ7, creator of ZERO//.2K|HF-変態 #221|HF-Yushy

Comment

Working...
                              X