Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[Alicesoft] [Translation] Kichikuou Rance (About 20% COMPLETED)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alicesoft] [Translation] Kichikuou Rance (About 20% COMPLETED)

Hey all,

I would've posted this in the modding/translation forum, but apparently I don't have permission to create a topic in there.

Anyway, I think around 7 months ago, I said in a topic that I was going to start translating Kichikuou Rance and never really got around to it. I got a few msgs a while ago asking whether I was still translating it or not, and so I decided to resume it. I've spent the last 2 days translating it, and I managed to translate 48 script files out of 201! So I've done almost a quarter of it.

I've still got a long way to go, but I was wondering if anyone interested in a Kichikuou Rance translation could give me a hand? I mainly need a couple of people, maybe 2 or 3, to just test it and check typos, grammar and abbreviate words that don't fit. I've been translating the script directly and out of context so I think there'll be a lot of areas where it'll sound weird.

If possible it'd be nice if someone who can understand quite a high level of Japanese could give me a hand as it'd split my workload in half. I've been translating the smaller script files and working my way up and some of the bigger script files have around 1300 paragraphs of text...

Nice, keep the good work. I'd like to help but my job doesn't leave me enough free time, also my english is understandable but not perfect, I guess it's better if you get someone else to help you. Btw, were you the one who said he was interested in translating Kichikuou and Daiakuji? I'm very happy about Kichikuou translation, but I'd be even more in one for Daiakuji in the future, I don't intend to hurry you or anything though. Anyway, thank you very much for the effort.

Comment

Wish I could help, but my Japanese is pretty much limited to katakana + babelfish.

Edit: I suppose I could help in proof-reading.
      Maybe I had wanted it this way.
      Maybe I had entrusted my death to you all along.
      Lord Nobunaga... death is so peaceful...
      I'm finally free from your cruelty.
      HF-Bishoujo Games Member #43

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the replies. I'm going to be busy for the next few weeks, so I won't be able to translate as much as before. But if anyone else shows interest in proof-reading, I'll split my current batch of translated script files up and send them out.

Yes, I was the one who said that, near the beginning of the year, but was then swamped with university and work and stopped. Also, Daiakuji is my all-time favourite game, so if I manage to finish translating Kichikuou Rance, then hopefully I'll move onto Daiakuji next and then Big Bang Beat - Daibanchou. But the script in Daiakuji is a lot harder to translate than Kichikuou Rance and I also believe that some of the characters in it speak Kansai-ben, which could be a pain to translate.

Comment

actually big bang age is as good as translated already...

ehm you wont let this information reduce the time you're able to translate further right?
          Nutaku info
          sigpic

Comment

He said Big Bang Beat, that's the fighting version (non H) of Daibanchou, I guess translating a fighting game isn't too much work.

Comment

i'd love to see you translate daiakuji...wanted to play the game with understanding something since forever. kichikuou rance is a good choice as well. i could also help with proof reading if needed.

Comment

Lol I actually made a mistake and did mean Daibanchou, but I didn't know that there already was a translation patch out for it.

Thanks blabla0815, I'll try and get the scripts done as soon as possible, but it turns out I'll be in Japan for a month next week so it might take a while.

Comment

I can help with the proof reading too.
                  There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/publishLoGH/

Comment

I can be an editor if you need one. And if you don't, I can do the proof reading. I have about 5 hours every day I can put into this (More on weekends) and if I'm helpful I wouldn't mind staying until the project's done.
                    EDIT: Please don't look at the post count of mine to determine anything, I just became a member here to respond to the thread.
                    Last edited by alfmama1; 10-26-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I can totally help with proof-reading if you send me a PM. I pretty much have about 9 hours of free time daily which can be used to look for typos and other small spelling mistakes as well grammar errors and such.
                      Last edited by pillullis; 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM.
                      BOLD.
                      ITALICS.
                      UNDERLINES.
                      My signature > Your signature.

Comment

I'm interested in proofreading as well. I majored in English and done some editing for other fanlators. Just send me a PM.
                        I should tell you that I usually got my ass handed to me in Sengoku Rance though, so hopefully this won't be as difficult.

Comment

Hi, sorry for bothering but since you too are working on a rance game, I wanted to ask you how did you manage to hack the game?
                          I am currently translating Rance 02 (remake) but because there is nobody who can hack the game, the project is somewhat dormant ( 100% chapter 1 and almost 50% of chapter 2 are fully translated though). While we find a hacker or a programmer for Rance 02 I was thinking of working on other Rance games (1 or 3. Not sure). This time though I want to make sure first if there is a way to hack the game before starting the project.

Comment

Hopefully this is still ongoing.

Comment

I am sure it is. It just takes longer than one thought at the beginning (talks out of experience)

Comment

Working...
                              X