Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rogue Trader View Post
    The Grapholic program posted by Tooooh some pages ago should be able to convert to .vsp files.

I think it's called "alicedats" in the Change Graphics Type submenu.
    (Of course I have no idea about what the game will think of the converted images...)
    Thanks i will try it, and i think the game will just handle them fine. I switched already some vsp files with ones of different size and it had no problem with that.

Originally posted by The Rogue Trader View Post
    EDIT anyway I don't remember a lot of images to be edited in Rance 02 Remake. I deleted the converted directory because my HDD was too full, but I remember just the Health/Spirit bars for the playable characters, nothing else.
    There are a handfull of buttons and i would also edit the character pics with the names on it, to get the romanji easier readable and the hiragama and katanaka more in the background. The credits are also as cgs saved, don't know if we want to translate that or even add the translation team.
    And i found some buttons with strange english on it. "The surroundings Search" would be better changed to "Search the surroundings" in my opinion.

Edit:
    I have tested Grapholic, it doesn't work. Changing the graphic type, doesn't change the actual file format. I guess this only changes the information for grapholic itself, so that it knows which plug-ins it should use for extracting the archive. But i haven't found a way to convert bmp to vsp with it.

But i found two other programs, that may be able to convert to vsp.

The first is a VSP2BMP converter, that may be able to convert the other way, too. But it needs OS/2, if there is anybody, that is still using that operating system, could you please check, if it could convert bmp to vsp, too.

The second is Enfle, a graphic loader for Unix-like operating systems. This one seems to be the better option, as it is already mentioned on the homepage, that it can save in different formats. So any Linux user or user of any other Unix-like OS out there, who would look into it?

I uploaded one of the vsp files, so anybody could try there luck in converting it into another image file, and then reconverting it back to a vsp. Please tell me, if you found a way.
    CG001.zip
    Last edited by Count Zero; 01-07-2011, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• English......It isn't my language.If it is my language.I will do it.Oh!No!What a pity!

Comment

• Originally posted by Count Zero View Post
        The first is a VSP2BMP converter, that may be able to convert the other way, too. But it needs OS/2, if there is anybody, that is still using that operating system, could you please check, if it could convert bmp to vsp, too.
        OK, so if you are running windows 7 (or vista, maybe), then here is a option. Right click on the .exe for the program and click at the bottom on properties. Go to the compatibility tab and then turn on compatibility mode for that program and change the compatibility. Now the farthest it goes back is windows 1995, but that should be far enough back for the program to work. I believe a version of OS/2 came out in 1993 so it might work. I can't test it though, sorry.
        Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-07-2011, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoyaso View Post
          English......It isn't my language.If it is my language.I will do it.Oh!No!What a pity!
          Actually the tools i posted aren't in english, so with this anybody can help.

Right now we are searching for a way to convert bitmaps (.bmp) into the file format that is used in the game Rance 1 (.vsp).
          Or a tool that could convert this vsp into files that any regular image editor could handle, and then convert it back to this vsp format.
          Right now we only have tools that can convert vsp into bmp, but not the bmp back to vsp.

This is the last problem for graphic editing, as far as i can see.

Originally posted by Thanatos1321 View Post
          Go to the compatibility tab and then turn on compatibility mode for that program and change the compatibility. Now the farthest it goes back is windows 1995, but that should be far enough back for the program to work. I believe a version of OS/2 came out in 1993 so it might work. I can't test it though, sorry.
          Well OS/2 isn't just an older version of windows, it is a complet different operating system. But i tried it nonetheless, didn't work.

But you say, you can't test it. I hope that means you are working with a different os. I hope it would be capable of using the second tool in my previous post. The tool seems to be quite useful not only for Rance 1, but for all Rance games. The graphic loader seems to be build with alice soft games and their archives in mind.
          I mean, the second thing they describe about enfle is that it supports the alice soft files.
          enfle supports normal formats;jpeg,bmp,gif,png,pnm,xpm,xbm and mag.
          enfle supports formats regarding to the AliceSoft; [pms,vsp](ald),
          So if you could get this software running, it would be really nice. I get a headache even looking at the readme of enfle or the programs i would need to run X Window on Windows.

@zweiterversuch
          Just looked at the blog again, don't apologies that often. You are translating the Rance Series, if someone criticizes you, just send him this pic. It fits the game series ,much more.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Count Zero; 01-07-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Dang, Count Zero, you're right, Grapholic can convert to .BMP, but not back. It doesen't seem very bright to me, but these are ripping programs (its readme mentions susie) and not genereal graphics utilities, the author didn't think anyone would want to put back the pieces togheter, after the egg has been opened...
            Good find about that OS/2 program. I always missed it in my searches.
            Sadly there's just an handful of OS/2 users in the world, and they are uncooperative to the max with we Windoze users. No, it doesn't seem there's an OS/2 emulator for windows. Any windows version. Not even for money.
            Enfle looked much more promising from the start. Unfortunatley my Linux skills are more or less zero, and I'm unable to install a program without the proper pre-made packets.
            You don't need to run X-Windows under windows: you can just install a small distro linux into a booting CD (or an USB key, if your computer allows it) and run Linux without installing it on your machine. Not that it will change much.

All we need is to find one of the millions linux users that are out there and get him to install the program and convert a couple low-res pics.
            How hard it can be?

Comment

• OK guys.

I have tried many different things to get into the .ain archive. Crass has allowed me to view what is inside of the archive, but will not extract anything.

I looked through these files and have found no indication on any text or scripts there. Could some of you guys check the output crass gave me. A lot of it is in japanese so I don't know what it is. I think that most of it is just programs and data for building the game, and I am afraid to mess with any of it.

crass output

Edit: @Rogue and Count: I have a friend that has an ubuntu linux hardrive and I could ask him to look at something you need to run on linux. He should still be on college break so I do not see why he would not help us. Also he has experience doing picture editing for t-shirts and stuff.
              Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Ok, thanatos. This is what the file says.

Thw word support appears disturbingly too many times but
                it seems like you made it.

Comment

• Thanks. Ok, I know whats going on now. Just me being stupid. Still have not hack .ain.

Edit: can some one get me alicesoft sdk?
                  Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-07-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• I have one SDK but it is 3.9. and I bet you need 4.2, right?
                    I have also found something about SDK4.0 but I am not sure if you can use that one.

Comment

• Just gimme whatever. I might work since I just want to open the ain file. Also, is it too much to ask to take a screen shot and tell me where the packer/unpacker buttons are?

Comment

• Sure.
                        Btw, what about using AIM or Skype or something like that?

Comment

• Don't have an account for either so if you want I can get an aim and we can start in around an hour. I gotta go eat dinner.

Edit: Sorry zweiter, can't do this today, something came up that I have to take care of. Tomorrow, when are you free?
                          Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-07-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thanatos1321 View Post
                            Edit: @Rogue and Count: I have a friend that has an ubuntu linux hardrive and I could ask him to look at something you need to run on linux. He should still be on college break so I do not see why he would not help us. Also he has experience doing picture editing for t-shirts and stuff.
                            That would be really nice, as i don't see any other way right now.
                            He just needs to look, if the tool can convert into vsp, or save images as vsp. If it can he gets 4 pics, but i am still fine tuning on two of them.

And good luck with the ain file. Do you already have the tool in the attachment? It should be able to hack ain, but it seeems to be not working 100% correctly, but it is a beginning. If i understand other threads about it, it misses some lines, while extracting the file.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Ok, I found something that looks like the sdk 4.0 the thing is that it is in chinese. I can´t read chinese. If somebody were so nice to tell me what this is, it would be awesome.

http://sidealice.com/2010/01/%E9%87%...ystem-sdk-4-0/

http://sidealice.com/2010/01/aliceso...E%A8%E8%8D%90/

EDIT: I think I found something that converts .BMP into .QNT and .QNT into .ALD
                              Do you need that?
                              Last edited by zweiterversuch; 01-07-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Okay well. I dusted off an old comp that I have Ubuntu on and decided to give that program a spin but unfortunately I'm pretty bad with computers and after resolving several issues with figuring out how to use the console, installing random programs, and figuring out how to configure the thing I have hit a snag in compiling that I can't figure out how to solve anywhere.
                                If someone who for some reason doesn't run Ubuntu but knows how to use the console, somehow, and can help me with that, I might be able to check if that program works.
                                Otherwise, better luck with that other guy you're getting.
                                In any case, good luck with the project.
                                Last edited by Jazzcats; 01-07-2011, 04:54 PM. Reason: I used the words "for some reason" twice in the same sentence

Comment

Working...
                                X