Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

There is an english patch of the demo of Rance 8!
    Go to HGTP forums to download the patch!

Read more about it at: http://www.hgtp.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57

Hallo everybody!

Finally! Rance -Quest for Hikari- is done. Fully translated!

YAY!

Now, there are a few things to deal with but it isn't game breaking. All is in the readme.

If you still have problems with something, please tell us. or send us an e-mail, or pm me.

I thank to everybody who helped me in this project, the volunteers as much as the ones who actually took part on it.

Download Link Rance 01 -Quest for Hikari-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0j5k9t6ssshxchv

Last edited by zweiterversuch; 06-15-2011, 02:44 PM.

• For the time being, we're only working with the remake. That's not to say that after we're finished, part of the group couldn't devote time to updating the original, but we've got no plans (that I know of) to that end at the moment. I *believe* that we're releasing the translated game, rather than a patch, but someone on the programming side could probably speak to that better than I. As for ETA, I'd occupy yourself with other things for the time being... while I'd like to say that it will be coming soon, there are still a couple of obstacles in the way before we actually get in to beta testing within the group itself, let alone an open beta. With a bit of luck, (I estimate) we should be able to release a public beta within a month, but that's assuming that we don't have any problems crop up that we can't deal with fairly quickly, which is always a possibility.
    Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

• I've just released a tool that lets you convert ACX files into plain text, so you can translate them.
      File at: http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/images/7/7f/ACXtoTXT.zip (also in This Thread)

Rance 2 doesn't have any ACX files in it, but other AliceSoft games (such as Haruurare) do use them.
      Last edited by SomeLoliCatgirl; 06-05-2011, 08:53 PM. Reason: Included a mirror link

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeLoliCatgirl View Post
        I've just released a tool that lets you convert ACX files into plain text, so you can translate them.
        File at: http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/images/7/7f/ACXtoTXT.zip

Rance 2 doesn't have any ACX files in it, but other AliceSoft games (such as Haruurare) do use them.
        Hey, I tried using your tool.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Dragging .acx files onto ACXtoTXT.exe doesn't work either, unless the output files are being saved somewhere I can't find.
        Last edited by ahrimanhero; 06-05-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• I think I figured out the problem: incompatible copy of MSVCRT.DLL on your machine. I made a new build that is statically linked (and 60k bigger), so it doesn't need that file. Redownload it.

Comment

• Alright, it's working now, thanks.

Besides that, if I may ask, have the tools for editing the System 4.0 AliceSoft games been publicly released? I'm interested in looking into some of them, and its apparent that there's already a tool to open the .ain files.
            Last edited by ahrimanhero; 06-06-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• From what I have, I can confirm that Daiteikoku has .acx files, but they don't store text or anything that would be helpful to edit for that matter. I can't figure out the application for half of them.

I can also confirm that Galzoo Island doesn't have any. That's all I've got that hasn't been translated.
              Last edited by ahrimanhero; 06-06-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• The AIN files are the game's scripts. They contain compiled bytecode, some data, strings, and messages. They are encrypted and/or compressed.
                You can Crass to decrypt/re-encrypt AIN files from older games like Sengoku Rance and Big Bang Age. Someone also made a tool that decrypts and decompresses (and vice versa) for the newer games, like Alice2010 and Daiteikoku, it's the tool used for the Rance 2 translation.
                Once you have an unencrypted and uncompressed AIN file, you can look through the file to see its contents. There are many blocks in the file, such as these: VERS, KEYC, CODE, FUNC, MSG0, MAIN, MSGF, HLL0, SWI0, GVER, STR0, FNAM, FNCT, OBJG
                The MSG0 block contains all the game's text script that appears in dialog boxes. The STR0 block contains all strings used by the game. Many strings are not ever displayed, because they are used internally by the code.
                Anyway, the blocks do not store any information on their size, so you can just extract the MSG0 and STR0 blocks out, and edit the text directly, then replace the old MSG0 and STR0 block, and the game will still work perfectly. No chunk headers to update, no checksums, none of that stuff. Really easy to work with.

You can download the text editing tools used by the Rance 2 project. I also threw in a batch file and stripped-down copy of Crass so you can also edit the older games, but the tool that takes text in and out of the AIN file seems to fail on Big Bang Age for some reason. That tool is really easy to replace anyway, just extract all bytes between "MSG0" and "MAIN", and all bytes between "STR0" and "FNAM", and change null characters to newlines.

Daiteikoku has ACX files, and they do have some text in them, maybe stuff like names. Haven't played the game enough to identify what they are used for.
                Haruurare stores plenty of text in the ACX files.
                Last edited by SomeLoliCatgirl; 06-07-2011, 08:42 AM. Reason: Fix URL bbcode for the link

Comment

• Are there any tools that could help with early Alice Soft games? I mean games with Miki and Kentarou.

Comment

• Thanks for your hard work, mate. It looks great!!

Comment

• hi there thanks a lot for all this, also im stuck in the Thieves Cave, in alicesoftwiki it says (Go into the right on the crossroad check the first room as there is a key. You need to look around, explore cupboard and desk in order to see it. Then chose take it) well when i try to go in that room it says theres a lock, sooo then what should i do (already talked with the guy in the wall,went to the room with medicine and killed the thief)
                      nevermind i found the damm shoes
                      Last edited by eqistole; 08-03-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• search his body i think. the guy on to the most west part where you kill the theif (i think) in which you look around seeing his body and search it.

Comment

• Does anybody know if the patch for Rance 1 also works for the Rance 01 remake that was released? If not, is there a patch out there for the remake?

Comment

• Rance 1 vs 01 translation?

Does anybody know if the translation patch for Rance 1 works for Rance 01? If not, is there somebody working on a patch for 01?

Comment

• Originally posted by inquis122 View Post
                              Does anybody know if the translation patch for Rance 1 works for Rance 01? If not, is there somebody working on a patch for 01?
                              The demo of Rance 01 was three times longer than Rance I in terms of text.

It't not a graphic update but a completely different game with roughly the same plot (just greatly extended).

So no the patch doesn't work. And no, nobody is working any fantranslations of any alicesoft games and nobody was working on Rance 01 anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X