Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, that sounds like a hard game but it also sounds very, very interesting I mean, fruit of purification? (hirara lemon?), dracula (demon lord?).
    maybe I will give them a try at home...
    btw Miki looks a lot like kanami.[/QUOTE]

Well same artist so there is bound to be a character that one has a look alike

Comment

I suppose...
      Kentarou and Rance have also some similarities...but...who cares, they look different now.

Comment

Originally posted by zweiterversuch View Post
        I suppose...
        Kentarou and Rance have also some similarities...but...who cares, they look different now.
        Think of Kentarou as the opposite of rance..

Comment

I progressed a bit into the game, and I see that threre isn't much to uncensor. Censorships bothers me immensely on several planes (ideologically, esthetically and... well, you know) and often ruins forever my appreciation of an eroge, but this game is quite low on the sex (but... Mily... wow!) so language is a greater issue than a tiny spot of an image that's not that's not much reavealing anyway.
          Let's not think about it for now.

Anyway if someone manages to rip the images out of the game (I think I'll try reading the sticky thread about CG ripping) I could start translating some buttons. Things like "Rest", "Mayor's house", "Quit" are straightforward enough.
          EDIT: Crap. Button text is, well, text placed on the buttons. Font text, i mean. Silly me, since ATGH grabs it, I should have know better.
          I ripped the CGs (in .ald), and there's really almost nothing to translate there. We need to rip the text files (in .ain that's a little harder).

what kills the game aren't the graphics, no, no, what kills the game are the game mechanics
          Well, game mechanichs of Rance 1 can be annoying enough (they aren't really that different from Rance 2 but they have the occasional "watch cabinet: there's nothing interesting about the cabinet" "watch cabinet: there's nothing interesting about the cabinet" "watch cabinet: there's an important clue in the cabinet" kind of "puzzle") but the 16 colours graphics...
          About which is the game killer... I don't know. The game is killed?
          Sure, someone used to 3D fast action-packed shooters may find it not his slice of cake, and it isn't a deep, immersive visual novel, either, but I found it amusing, aside from a couple frustrating "and now what the heck I'm supposed to do?" parts.
          Game-wise I place it well above a bad (linear and not interactive enough) visual novel.
          Last edited by The Rogue Trader; 11-09-2010, 05:08 AM.

Comment

ok.
            I suppose there has been a little missunderstanding.

I loved the game.
            It is just that after playing other rance games like Sengoku, Rance 06 and rance 03, I felt like it lacked something. But the game is good.

Now...about those "puzzles"... They can really be frustrating sometimes. I am sure that almost everybody will miss a certain girl at the end of rance 02, you would never come to think about doing what you have to do in order to get her and you only have one chance in the whole game to get her.

To something totally different now.

If you really can rip the cg's out, then I will give you the names of the buttons that appear in the first chapter...
            I wanted to wait a little bit for other people but...

Comment

Originally posted by zweiterversuch View Post
              ok.
              If you really can rip the cg's out,
              I give up.
              It seems that in order to rip the CGs is needed a plugin for every game. After an awful lot of reasearch, I could not find this plugin for Alice2010. Maybe it's the same for system4 games, but I can't find a link to that, either, so I have to raise my hands.
              Someone more skilled has to look in the problem.

Anyway:
              I was speaking about Rance 1. Sure, I foundo one (so far) "you have to look three times the same thing to find the quest item" moment in Rance 2 too, but on the overall, the game is much less frustrating than Rance 1. Sure, the movement buttons are an huge improvement, but the gameplay is better too.
              Last edited by The Rogue Trader; 11-07-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Sure it is.
                But people who have just played sengoku...no, people who have played rance 3 or any other rance can feel how unsatisfactory the battles are and how tedious the talks with other characters can be.
                The most appealing about Rance 1 and 2 are their plots and the monster girls (Rance 2).
                spoiler!!!!
                highlight if you want to read it and spoil yourself. (don't recommend it)

Rance 1 for instance...the clock puzzle and the scene after that puzzle...WOW, it just blowed my mind.
                Rance 02 the last battle... I totally didn't saw that coming.

Comment

Wow... those are the least spoiling spoilers I've ever seen.
                  Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

Really? I thought it was spoiling enough...
                    I mean, people would be paying attention at those times and expecting some kind of amazing plost twist, what I believe would make the plot twist less amazing.

The reaction of the reader would go from this:

"WOW! I totaly didn't see that coming!"

to this:

"Oh...so that is what he meant by that."

and I think that isn't right.

Anyway.
                    Futuredark, the rogue trader, could you please do me a favor?
                    Could you please spread word of the project to other forums?

I already told the people in:

Mirrormoon forums
                    Beast's lair forums
                    forum's novel news
                    yandere translations
                    seiha.org (aroduc already knows about it)
                    myanimelist and some other.

Comment

I mean, people would be paying attention at those times and expecting some kind of amazing plost twist, what I believe would make the plot twist less amazing.
                      Actually that's my case. Now I'm milking my brain trying to figure out what the plot twist will be. But it's more of a Mind Screw than a spoliler ("Maybe Bird is the real mastermind behind the wizard's rebellion... no, it must be the priestess... no, wait, maybe I'm getting all this wrong and...")
                      Luckily i'm forgetful enough that, when the plot twist will happen, I would have forget about that and it will catch me unaware.

Could you please spread word of the project to other forums?
                      I came to the same conclusion, this evening. Unfortunately this is the only hentai forum I'm in, sorry.

EDIT
                      http://haibarascgrip.baywords.com/category/alicesoft/
                      Uhhmm... This sounds most interesting...
                      Now, what does it mean?

ETIT2
                      It means that now I have this "crass" tool (maybe I should have red all the 130 pages of the sticky CGripping thread... maybe not). And that it could do the job.
                      Now, will I be able to figure out how to use this tool? I'm so out of my field, here...

EDIT3
                      Reading on other threads (ones you posted already) tells me that ripping the text files (.ain) seems a bit more difficult than ripping the CGs (.ald). Anyway others aready walked down this road and got results, so I'm optimist.
                      As a little encouragement:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	cg23051.QNT.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	4838338

Now, I really should be working now...
                      Last edited by The Rogue Trader; 11-09-2010, 05:22 AM. Reason: found an interesting link... and then... more

Comment

Hello,

nice to see, some people are trying to translate the game.

I tried to find something, that could help you with your problems. But i am not really an expert with hacking a game.
                        The only interesting thing i found, it seems AliceSoft released a program called sys4SDK, which can unpack/repack the .ald archives, in which the graphics are stored. But that is the end for me, i can't read japanese, and so i have no clue, how to use it, or even find it.

Comment

WOW!!

The Rogue Trader, that is a huge encouragement! I am looking forward to your progress!

Countzero, thanks for the info, I will look for that program and try to translate it enough for somebody to be able to use it.
                          Btw, It might be possible for you to be on this project as an image editor, depending if somebody wants to take a few free days in Xmas or something.

Comment

The SDK are a bit over our league, I'm afraid.
                            AliceSoft, quite a kind company, release a lot of info about the inner workings of their games.
                            Unfortunately they usually are presented in a form that is totally unintellegible to me: japanese+tech jargon.
                            http://alicesoft.info/simple/?t6902_2.html

At the moment the only hope I see is moving someone at yandere translations.

BTW, as many of you already know, Alice2010 is in System4.2 while most of the stuff (tools and info) you can find around is for system 3.x or, if you are lucky, system 4.0.
                            With system 4.0 tools, ripping CGs is a piece of cake.
                            Ripping text, on the other hand, is something very little people care about (I wonder why... everyone plays eroge for the text, right? ), so the tools seem to be not very much up-to-date. I'm pretty sure it's not just me.
                            Ripping text out of system 4.0 AIN files has been done at least once. I see no proof that it has been done for system 4.2 yet. And I'll not be first, no matter how hard I can wish it...

Comment

If that is the case we might have some troubles. I mean, what could we do with the translation if we can't import it into the game?

I will try to talk directly with somebody at Yandere.

Comment

I would strongly recommend to translate only the text that comes out of an .ain hack. It should be somewhat formatted.
                                So , I won't start translating until we'll have the hack.
                                On the other hand the idea of translating Rance 2 remake is quite spread. Let's keep an open eye: somewhere, quite soon, someone will crack open that damn file.

Comment

Working...
                                X