Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ehh? I am translating anything on sight.
    Even the things on the background. Did you know that the desert Alice is making, whenever you get a game over, is made of cockroaches? Really, no joke!

Ingredients:
    101 cockroaches
    1-1/2 green caterpillars
    a few Slugs
    500cc of cream
    3 Shitake mushrooms

Comment

What? 500cc cream? It's a caloric bomb!
      No, no,I definitely advice against this recipe.

Anyway that would be a CG translation. It would be feasible, if we could find a way to squeeze all that text in so little space.

Comment

Shiitake mushrooms, and i guess raw, too?
        I totally agree, don't try this at home. Except you want red stripes all over your body, then the Shiitake mushroom dermatitis would be less painfull then a belt to acquire them.

And for the translation, do what you want to do, but know that translating it before you got the data from the archive, is more of a preparatory work. Even if you have translated the game before, i guess you will need to translate the wall of text, inside the archive, at least partly, to find the sentences you already translated.

Comment

yeah...

People... since Rance 02 is impossible to hack (for the moment) I have been thinking about working on other Rance game: Rance 01 or Rance 03.
          I would only like to know if when I find the programmer or hacker (or the tools to do it myself) you would still help me?

Comment

Absolutely... I'll just have to track down a copy of whichever of those you decide on... and come back to getting the second half of Rance 2 later. =P
            Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

@ futuredark:
              try here http://retropc.net/alice/menu.html

@ zweiterversuch
              Not impossible. Just above our non-existent skills. I do not despair about finding someone that can help this project. Somewhen...
              I'd suggest Rance 01, since it's small and short and it should be finished rather quickly.
              Of course I would be of no help for that.

@ Count zero
              Yes, exactly what I meant.

And, as a farewell to Rance 02 Remake:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	cg00051.QNT.png
Views:	1
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	4838474
              (Our tools are large enough. It's our skill at hacking that sucks.)

Comment

yeah...
                well... let us start with 01 then.
                As The rogue trader said, it is really short and we would start in order... but before we even start talking about translating it, we should star talking about hacking it. Eveybody should try to hack Rance 01.
                Rance 02 will be on hold until we find somebody who can hack it for us.

I alrady asked Shaku (the one memeber translating Kichikuou Rance) for help but I don't have any response. You could try to persuade him to tell us how to hack such old alicesoft games. (maybe I was a tad rude when I asked him.)
                I am now trying to locate this tool:
                http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35415

Edit: mmm...nice picture. Nothing better than a half naked female knight.

OK! I got some tools that might work and a guide (I can understand O_O!) The only problem is that I can't download a certain tool I need (Alicesoft System3.9 SDK -Software Development Kit-) because: http://enquete.alicesoft.co.jp/support/sys39agr.html

YES!!! IT IS A JAPAN ONLY SITE!!!!

...now, what do I do now?
                Last edited by zweiterversuch; 11-13-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Use a proxy.
                  Linking directly to that page doesn't work with docoja proxy, but you can access to the main page www.alicesoft.com and from there, being able to read japanese, you should be able to navigate to the support page. I've been unable to get it, so maybe some other proxy would be better.
                  Anyway, doesn't crass work just enough? EDIT: as a first run, no, it doesn't open .ASD files, and I see no game textx in the .ALD.

P.S.
                  Why system 3.9 SDK? Rance 01 is System 3.5 Aren't they separate sets of SDK?
                  Last edited by The Rogue Trader; 11-14-2010, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I've got all these tools on my drive somewhere, if you give me a minute I'll test them on rance 1 and PM it to you.

P.S.
                    Why system 3.9 SDK? Rance 01 is System 3.5 Aren't they separate sets of SDK?
                    Once you've decompiled the system 3.5 ald the resulting source files are compatible with the 3.9 SDK, so as a side effect of the translation you'd also be updating the system.

<edit>

Sucess! I had to manually edit some files to get it to recompile, but it is working.

Now we just need people to translate the scripts.
                    Last edited by stoney834; 11-14-2010, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Dude...I freaking love you.
                      I was stuck with the dc36c.dic file...it always told me [ a "," is missing] and I was like "THERE IS NO NEED FOR A "," YOU STUPID COMPUTER!!!"

I was about to go berserk. Thanks again

Comment

Yes some progress.

And i will help with whatever game you translate, just toss some images, that are in need of editing, in my direction, but don't count me in for checking spelling errors or something like that.^^

Comment

Well... I don't know if I can get the images in the same way I got the script (I think not) but I will try.

Btw, I am translating the game right now. I don't know how long it wil take me, so... I will pm Futuredark and the rouge trader in a couple of days so that they can start editing the text and proof reading it (well...I don't know if I should give them both the task of editing。 Maybe one edits and the other does the beta testing, then after I am done with Rance 01, they switch places or something.)

DEAR GOD SO MANY ERRORS BEFORE!!
                          Last edited by zweiterversuch; 11-14-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I am a big Rance fan, and really like what you guys are doing here! I know programing but have never made a game translation before. But all my talents are at your disposal. I have lots of free time to help out and any capacity I can be of most use. (light programming, bug fixes, beta testing, light translation, etc.)
                            Keep up the good work guys!

Comment

awesome. the most anticipated game series gets translated finally. you really have my support.

i can't programm but i'll spread the word. i allready posted a thread in mirrormoon forums and will post more. i tell them you need programmers.

Comment

Working...
                              X