Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

There is an english patch of the demo of Rance 8!
    Go to HGTP forums to download the patch!

Read more about it at: http://www.hgtp.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57

Hallo everybody!

Finally! Rance -Quest for Hikari- is done. Fully translated!

YAY!

Now, there are a few things to deal with but it isn't game breaking. All is in the readme.

If you still have problems with something, please tell us. or send us an e-mail, or pm me.

I thank to everybody who helped me in this project, the volunteers as much as the ones who actually took part on it.

Download Link Rance 01 -Quest for Hikari-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0j5k9t6ssshxchv

Last edited by zweiterversuch; 06-15-2011, 02:44 PM.

OK, I just got the game back and let me tell you, it looks awesome!
    I just read the prolog though but I am sure it will be just fine (except for the hundreds of typos and senseless sentences).

I will send the game to the following users who will be in charge of the editing and beta testing:

Futuredark
    The rogue trader.

Why only thoe two?
    Because they were the only ones who said they would have times these days who were part of the team. (Sorry to all others but I just can´t tell people they are part of the team and then give the work to somebody who just appeared.)

Now... teaser images!!:

Comment

So it's Rance 1 in the end, I'm ok with it but you should've at least edited the first post and (if it's possible) the thread title. Anyway, good job, thank you guys, I'll play it when its ready and as I said, really looking forward to Rance 3!!

You still have to translate the top menus btw, or it's hard to do it? it's not that important but it would leave an incomplete feeling to the patch.
      Last edited by Blago; 12-27-2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

It is a shame, i really don't have much time the next days. If you had waited just two or three weeks before finishing the translation. ;p
        I have more free time once the exams are over in january.

But after a quick glance on the screen shots, i saw two minor things, in addition to the overflow on screeen one.
        1. Alice's building mentioned on the first screenshot is probably the same as Alice's mansion in Sengoku Rance. I would go with the second translation to keep it consistent in both games.
        2. Why are you still using 「...」 in the translation instead of "...". Is there some technical reason for that?

All in all, still amazing how fast you did it, i am cheering on you guys. I hope after this translation is released, someone with enough knowledge, will help to hack the Rance 2 remake.

Comment

Some specifics in the message I sent back to you zweiterversuch, but I'll get to work on this tonight and have some initial feedback by the morning.
          Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blago View Post
            So it's Rance 1 in the end, I'm ok with it but you should've at least edited the first post and (if it's possible) the thread title. Anyway, good job, thank you guys, I'll play it when its ready and as I said, really looking forward to Rance 3!!

You still have to translate the top menus btw, or it's hard to do it? it's not that important but it would leave an incomplete feeling to the patch.
            Yeaaah...
            I had the feeling people were misunderstanding that.

We were working on Rance 01 since nobody (until now) has been able to
            hack Rance 02 (re-released version) successfully.

I kind of forgot to tell everybody that ...
            I am really sorry.

Now since Rance 03 might be done soon too.
            I am started to translate it today. It might take some times until you can play it though (months).

I will edit the first post to avoid further misconceptions.

Btw...about the top menus...I don´t know how do that..I will have to tell you what they mean.

Comment

Hey, looks like you guys did a nice job!

Your teaser2.png image has Rance's boss/guildmaster's name spelled as Keys - in other translations, e.g. he was mentioned in Sengoku in a dungeon event, his name was interpreted as Keith. Same goes for the English translation of the wiki page over at http://sites.google.com/site/bbshut/...e-cities/keith

Of course, this is just a minor nitpick, and just in case you want to be consistent with the other translations. Aside from a few small things, it looks really nice. Gahahaha

Comment

I'm actually happy to learn that they're working on Rance 1 instead of Rance 2. I dislike playing series out of order anyway. Which is probably why I never played Knights of Xentar. So this is a good thing in my eyes.

Comment

Yeah it isn't bad IMO either, and I've guessed it right, just thought some people might be misunderstanding it, I wasn't complaining or anything though.

About the top menus, I understand them, is easy to guess katakana meaning, except the last one which has kanji but if I remember correctly it was to skip text, and even if you can't read it, it isn't that hard to try them, also you can add its translation in a readme. Anyway, don't worry about it if you don't know, that's a minor detail, and I think you always can make a small fix for it if you learn how to do it later.

Comment

Just so you know, according to /jp/ (however credible that is), Rance 2 has been successfully hacked before. You might want to try your luck finding the guys who hacked it there and cooperating with them.

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/6691535#6703796

Comment

Just to be clear; they hacked the re-released Alicesoft 2010 Benefit CD version? That's the version that we've been looking at.
                      Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

Yep.

Somebody also sent me the tools for the game.
                        I just started working on it. This mean that rance 03 will be on the waiting list for a while.

Comment

Alittle late for a christmas present, but good to see that translation can be done now.

@zweiterversuch
                          Your inbox for pm is full. I guess you are right now drowning in fan mail. If there is any other way to contact you, please send me a pm explaining how to.
                          I had an idea for preliminary work for the next translation, that i could work on.

Comment

Preliminary work?
                            No, no. I need you now.
                            Rance 01 is very short but it is still a lot of work to do. Specially the editing (there is also an image that needs to be edited.)

If you have free time, then I will give you something to do. That way we will be done faster with Rance 01 and we will be able to work as a team on Rance 02.

Now...to contact me.
                            Use pms (I will empty my inbox.)
                            Msn: Unamalditadireccion@hotmail.com
                            Skype: zweiterversuch2 (the one in germany. The guy with the red nose)
                            Yahoomail: Ranceforthewin@yahoo.com

Now people, I have a question.
                            In the walktrough in Alicewiki there is a place called "Hien´s mansion" (妃円屋敷)
                            I changed that to "Queen´s mansion" 妃 meaning queen. It isn´t a 100% translation since 円 means something totally different.
                            But I think it makes more sense than the other name "Hien´s mansion".

I mean...when you say Hien I think about:

I know his name is Hiei...
                            It is just that it is quite similar.

So what do you think? Should I change it back to Hien´s mansion or should it stay "Queen´s mansion"?

EDIT: Also have in mind that the walktrough´s translation of some terms isn´t 100% accurate.
                            Last edited by zweiterversuch; 12-29-2010, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Okay, didn't know there were actually images to work on.

And for the translation, if you mean this walkthrough, i would ignore the translations there. Sill is named Shiiru there, hope this explains why i would ignore it.

円 could be a name, don't know the context, but Queen Madoka's mansion perhaps?
                              Is that perhaps the name of Lia's mother?

Comment

After thinking about it though, there seem to be some item references in the game, 妃円の剣 (Sword), 妃円の盾(Buckler Shield). Somehow Princess Madoka's Sword doesn't feel right. Maybe it really is Hien's Sword, Hien's Shield?
                                Last edited by TsurugiOni; 12-29-2010, 12:01 PM. Reason: My original translation was incorrect. Removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X