Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

There is an english patch of the demo of Rance 8!
    Go to HGTP forums to download the patch!

Read more about it at: http://www.hgtp.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57

Hallo everybody!

Finally! Rance -Quest for Hikari- is done. Fully translated!

YAY!

Now, there are a few things to deal with but it isn't game breaking. All is in the readme.

If you still have problems with something, please tell us. or send us an e-mail, or pm me.

I thank to everybody who helped me in this project, the volunteers as much as the ones who actually took part on it.

Download Link Rance 01 -Quest for Hikari-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0j5k9t6ssshxchv

Last edited by zweiterversuch; 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM.

Don't see your problem with a queen's blade or a princess' shield.
    As far as i know Rance 1 story takes place in Leaza. And the royal guard is all female in Leaza, it would fit quite good in my opinion, if the queen had her own uniform.

And i am still for the queen, i doubt Rance would enter the house of a young princess without showing her his hyper weapon or atleast talking about doing it.^^

Especially as i haven't found the queen's name anywhere on the web, only Lia's mother or the queen of Leaza, and no other princess of Leaza except of Lia/Ria was ever mentioned anywhere on english sites.

But well that is something to decide by the people, who are right now going through the translation, i guess they have more insight about this.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Yeah...
      Actually...I think the queen´s sword, shield and armor, and the queen´s mansion are quite ok.
      Thanks.

Comment

Actually, letting it sit on my mind a bit longer (what was I thinking? I should know this), I don't think 妃 means 'Princess' in this context. Heck, 'Queen' (common usage is 王妃) is an obscure meaning that isn't commonly used for that kanji (妃). Usually, 姫 refers to Hime when used as a honorific, which comes at the end of a name, not the beginning. I think in this context it is to be read as part of the name, hence, 妃円, which I believe Hien would be the correct reading. 妃 refers to someone who is of royalty: queen, princess, consort. I have to believe that if Alicesoft wanted to refer to the Queen or a Princess, they would have used the more common used honorifics, リア姫 or OO王妃.

Of course the two ways to be absolutely sure of this would be to track down a Rance Otaku who knows the history of the Rance universe or to contact AliceSoft directly for an explanation.
        Last edited by TsurugiOni; 12-29-2010, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Getting up for this in the midle of the night, well can't sleep if i don't write it.

Just a stupid question. Is the mansion perhaps haunted? Or are there rumors about it being haunted?

Then i know how to translate it. If it is haunted, both queen and hien are completly wrong.

See you all after newyear's eve.^^

Comment

Hello again,

If it helps, 妃円の剣 and 妃円の盾 were translated as "Royal Sword" and "Royal Shield" a while back, in a (stillborn) translation for Rance 3. The wiki articles for that game might also have those terms somewhere, so you can refer to those if you're interested.

Comment

That was I also thinking about.
              Actually I think they are also mentioned in Rance 02 too (not sure though) and are the best equipement you can find (also the just like in Rance 01)

To countjunior:

Yes, the mansion is haunted.

EDIT: Does somebody know how to extract the images out of the game? I know the ___GA.ALD files is for graphics but I can´t seem to open it with any of my programs. If somebody know how to or is willing to extract the image him-/herself, this is the image in question:

Thank you. Btw, don´t edit the image yourself. Send it to me I will give it to the one in charge.
              Last edited by zweiterversuch; 12-30-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I was just kidding to keep you waiting for this.

Well there is a real life mansion near Tokyo, that is pretty well known for legends of being haunted. The Himaru Mansion is even used in other japanese games as the haunted mansion, Project Zero for example.

Maru was, if i remember correctly one way of reading 円 you mentioned in the first post you deleteted, TsurugiOni. Took me alittle longer to combine it with 妃 to himaru.

Haven't found how the mansion is actually written in japanese. But wouldn't be the first time, that AliceSoft uses different kanjiis, that you could read as the real life place, it is based on. Example: Death Country 死国 instead of 四国.

So i guess they are just using a name, or a word play on this name, that is in japan known for haunted houses,like when you would use the name Necronomicon for a book of evil magic.

So i would advice to either just translate it as himaru mansion, or as it isn't well known outside japan, translate it more freely to just the haunted mansion.

Comment

Mmmm... that seems like the right thing to do.

Btw I just read that Ranceverse data somebody posted before. It is quite helpful. It even helped me translate some parts of the game I had translated wrong ( After the days longs delay I was in a rush so I made some mistakes, sorry. ) Thank you, Count.

And I will also translate that list you spoke of.

Now, to something totally different:

I NEED EDITORS!!!
                  I know I said before I didn´t need more people but we are currently in need of them.
                  People with very, very good english knowledge should apply in the next 48 hours.

I was also thinking about publishing a list with the names of all the items and places in the game, that way you people would help me decide on a name for some places and items.

BUT! Only people who would be willing to sacrifice something in exchange should take a look of those lists. (That means they contain spoilers.)

Comment

We could create a wikia page for the translation team... that would help keep track of what still needs to be done and make sure that multiple people aren't working on proofing the same section at the same time.

BTW, I'm currently playing through the campaign to get a better idea of the context of things before I proof any more, so don't be worried that I haven't sent you another set of edited text. I'm trying to be thorough and visit everyone I can each day to make sure I'm not missing anything, but if there are any sidequests or whatnot that I might overlook, let me know and I'll try to make sure to play through them as well.
                    Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

Thank heavens! You are here!
                      Check your inbox.

Comment

I'll volunteer as an editor if you still need people. Does this editing process mean re-writing scenes or just cleaning them up and making them sound more natural than a machine translation?

Comment

Cleaning them up to make them sound natural.

You will be an editor then.

I will send you the required items to start working.
                          Last edited by zweiterversuch; 12-31-2010, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zweiterversuch View Post
                            Does somebody know how to extract the images out of the game? I know the ___GA.ALD files is for graphics but I can´t seem to open it with any of my programs. If somebody know how to or is willing to extract the image him-/herself, this is the image in question:
                            Crass easily extracts the images, unfortunately they are in the proprietary .vsp format.
                            I'm looking for some way to read this bizarre format, but it seems only the linux community can be bothered:
                            http://enfle.fennel.org/
                            I have a puppy linux machine here at home, but I'm not sure I would be able to install the program even with a clear head, and I'm not at full capacity these days.
                            Some clues point to a suzie32 plugin, but I never managed to have suzie up and running on my system.

So, in case some kind soul can install this enfle program on his computer, here are all the graphics files of Rance1 game.
                            RanceGA under15k.7z (700 Kb unpacked)
                            RanceGA over15k.7z (850 Kb unpacked)

EDIT: it occours to me that, maybe, there's something in the SDK?
                            Last edited by The Rogue Trader; 01-01-2011, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rogue!

But what do you mean SDK? Do you mean the folder? All I have is there is the source of the game.

Now to something totally different.

While the editors...well...play the game and edit.
                              I have been translating Rance 02. Somebody sent me the scripts and the tools to do the job (thanks!) but there is a little problem. He left no instructions how to use them.
                              I mean, he left a note which tool use to extract the files but he didn´t tell me how to use it.
                              So I am in kind of a predicament.

I also have another question:
                              Are these the files to translate?

Because I have been translating those with the notepad.

And if those are the right ones, is that the right folder?
                              There is the TL folder with the same files.
                              and also the r2Xml which has the same files.

I also can´t insert the files back (this is mostly because I am an idiot and have no idea how to use phyton. I only know IF, THEN, ELSE.)

I am also literally only translating what they say, nothing more.

I have no way to extract the images either (Or maybe I have, but I don´t know how to.)

So: Please help, misterious person! (I say misterious because I accidentally deleted his PM or E-mail.)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Also for you people who are wondering themselves how Rance 01 is going:
                              These are the files to be edited:

This is an image I use to know which files already have an editor in charge.

Each color stands for an editor. We also are almost done.
                              Only 4 files are without an editor in charge.

E07
                              MPARIS
                              GAME OUT
                              And ALICE CORNER.

Once those get an editor, we will be complete. (The other files aren´t as important as those and can be edited later)
                              Once we get done with editing, the beta testing will start.
                              I was thinking about releasing a 1.1 version of the game after that is done. So it shouldn´t take long.

I also want to apologize for acting like a jerk before. I said I would have the game done before the end of the year and I think that was kind of ignorant.
                              Now I know that translating a game is almost 2 times harder and takes 2 times longer than you thought at the beginning. I apologize to all other translating teams or lone translators who might have seen my actions as a sort of bragging..
                              Last edited by zweiterversuch; 01-01-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Hey hey, even though you dissapeared 1 month because your own problems, you finished the translation faster than most people would, I don't think anyone has the right to blame you about the translation speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X