Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Count Zero View Post
    Was able to rip the the pic from the archive, but i don't have the slightest idea, how to get the changed pic back in.^^

I was able to do it with suzie and a plug-in for vsp.

Ripping is right now not the problem anymore. I already edited the cgs, too. But i have no idea right now, how to reinsert the altered cgs back into the archive.

@zweiterversuch
    Can you insert them with the tools you already got? I hope so, my tries right now are not really succesfull.

Comment

• @Ok, Count I will try to insert them back in to the archive.

Comment

• I have not understood if you still have problem packing and unpacking the rance 1 title. Anyway i found this http://novelnews.net/2008/06/23/alic...ools-released/

Maybe it can help. Maybe i'm late.

And can i ask where are you with your work?

Rance 1 has been completly translated. And is being edited right now, that means you have no problem in re-packing it?
        You are now working on Rance 2 right? So you have solved the hacking problem? How much have you translated till now (% or chapters vs total chapters)?

I would have liked to offer my help but i'm not native english, and i have no real hacking skills^^. So i'll limit my work to enjoying the game when it will be out.

TNX for your work

Comment

• Originally posted by Tooooooh View Post
          Yes, Crass can extract the graphics from the ald file. It also might have an option to convert .vsp files, since it converts .qnt files to bitmaps. Susie32 might be able to rip the CGs, yes, and I know Grapholic can.

http://rapidshare.com/files/38767575/Grapholic.rar.html
          Thanks! Grapholic was exactly what I needed.
          Now I can handle the game images like the guys with suzie do

Comment

• @chef

Well, the tools you spoke of are the ones we are currently using.

Yes, the game is now fully translated and we are now in the middle of editing. We shall start with the beta testing once the editing is done.

Repacking is something I don´t really know. We will talk about re-packing once we think the game has no mayor problems and can be released.

About Rance 2. At the moment only I and Thanatos are working on Rance 02. (Thanatos is hacking the game and I am translating the text.)
            The other members are still working on the editing of text and images of Rance 01. I am only going a little bit ahead so that once they are done, they don´t have to wait too long to start working on the text and images of Rance 02.

I would say
            Chapter 1 and 2 of Rance 02 are already translated and the only missing chapters would be 3 to 5 and the aftermath. But! there is also the text at the stores, the text for when they are camping,
            Leveling up and description of the items.
            A few images need to be edited and some text as well...
            We also need to look for bugs after that so...

I think you won´t be hearing anything about Rance 02 being released by almost...2, 3 months?

Comment

• @zweiterversuch

You uploaded the tools to deposit files, which for some reason does not entirely work for my computer. Could you upload them somewhere else like mediafire?

Comment

• Sure. What about megaupload?

Comment

• Question:

Does anybody has a copy of Kichikuou Rance and Rance 04?
                  And if so, do you have any sound? I have no BGM in any of those games.

Comment

• They're on Alicesoft Abandonware page.

Comment

• No, I already know that.
                      What I wanted to know was if other people has no BGM as well.

Comment

• I never tried Rance 4 so I can't be sure it is the same, but I remember that problem when I've played Kichikuou. Search around THIS thread and you'll be able to make it work.

Comment

• I hate to be the bring of bad news, but I got some. Rance 2 basically has all of the CGs locked away in .ald files. These are encrypted archives that will not open without the right plugin. Plugins are to keys as encryptions are to locks, so without an alicesoft editor and right plugin (probably a japanese one) the CGs are locked up tight. Also NOBODY USES .ALD ARCHIVES ANYMORE. Everyone uses not very secure .rar archives which are easy to open. I will try to search for some more program made to open .ald archives (those still probably will not carry the right plugin), but as I said they are not very popular so I will probably not find one. So, japanese reading people, IT IS UP TO YOU to find me some shit that opens .ald archives from japanese websites. The main problem for me is that I live in the US and most japanese websites are restricted to me. Now, if you say use a proxy sever, that does still not solve the problem of me not speaking japanese. So anyway, yea, its depressing, very depressing. Also it appears as there is no one who has hacked .ald files in system 4.2 (probably has a different encryption than system 4). I could always try to use brute force and force it open, which could destroy some files in the archive or corrupt some files and I have no idea how long that might take. So anyway, still depressed. If there are any other programmers or hackers out there you are welcome to help. The only thing you would have to do is open the archives.

Sorry guys (and girls?).

Comment

• The problem regards only the cg or the text too??
                            i mean.. i did not played it and i will not look at the cg's to not ruin my gameplay, but if the cg editing is not of primary importance, you can leave them with japanese text and work only on the story text.
                            And as i'm writing this i'm remembering that in japan they apply censor for the games.. so probably the images need to be decensored.

Comment

• @Clef

The problem is that all shops have small CGs that are in the .ald archives. Same with all of the small battle text stuff like "fight" or "defend" or "spell" etc. They are not in the "text" but are in CG form which is highly inconvenient. We don't care so much about changing H CGs, but those little important ones make all the difference in the quality of the game.

Sorry, really I should say that we can't access the menu buttons to change them.
                              Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-05-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• @Thanatos
                                When i googled for it, i found this site. Two tools are mentioned, that seem to be able to ripp the cgs, but i don't know, if you could repack the archives with them, too.
                                use Crass(System4)
                                or dalkgaiden(westside)
                                I have tried crass, ripped the cgs pretty fast.
                                The pics are mostly extracted as .QNT.bmp files, easy to handle, but the transparency information seems to be gone. Quite useless this way, even if we could insert the changed pics back into the archive, which i don't know how to do right now. I even got some completly white pics, originally white text on a transparent background?

So i guess Crass is not a real option or i am missing something. But Thanatos, you are the hacker, try your luck with this tools, perhaps you find a way. From the viewpoint of an image editor, i can only say we need the possibility to manipulate the transparency in Rance 2, else it would look really ugly.

Edit: The information that stood here before wasn't true, i tested it, i can open sengouku rance archives with susie but not rance 2 archives. So i guess Susie isn't capable of working with the newer archives, or there is another plug-in needed, but that can't be the one i mentioned as it is older than the rance 2 remake. But with Crass you get similar results with both games, the missing transparency problem.

But actually all this is pretty useless, if we aren't able to hack the text first. Is this already possible? Your post doesn't say, if this is already done.
                                Last edited by Count Zero; 01-06-2011, 05:07 AM. Reason: Wrong information

Comment

Working...
                                X