Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Count Zero

Thanks for doing some leg work. I will try some of those you mentioned. I was avoiding using crass for the reason you put above and it would be a pain in the ass to convert those images to a different format. Also Rance 2 IS IN SYSTEM 4.2 so some of this stuff might not even work.

No text is hacked yet. The problem with that is that the text is in an .ain archive or .alm archive (don't know which). .alm archives are very weird archives that are only used in japan. .ain archives are less weird but are known for their ability to keep info safe.

The reason I started with the images is because there is a 3:1:1 ratio between .ald, .alm, and .ain archives.

Edit: I think that the text is in the .ain archive.
    Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-06-2011, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• If i remember correctly, the other 2 ald archives are for sound and music in AliceSoft games. I think i read it somewhere, while searching a way to hack it. ...GA.ald is the graphic archive, BA.ald i think the Background Music Archive and WA.ald is for sound effects (Wave? Archive). So no real need to hack them.

Comment

• Right thats what I found too. I am planning on hacking all archives just in case. Also the opening movie has to be hacked so we can add subtitles (maybe).

Comment

• I checked the QNT2BMP converter with a pic from an older alicesoft game. It seems to work flawless. I got 2 bmps, one is the actual pic, the other is the mask needed for the transparency.
          It was also mentioned on the web, that alicesoft's SDK could convert the bmps back into a QNT file.
          And Crass can access the archivs, but when extracting a qnt file, it converts it to a single bmp, this loosing the transparency.
          So you just need to find out, how the crass tool does it, and remove the converting.

Good luck to you, i hope your knowledge of programming is better than mine.

Comment

• Thanks for all that work. Also where can I download crass from, I have not found any live downloads for it. Also...

Does crass have the capabilities reinsert pics or not?

Is it possible to use a commercial image converter instead of alicesoft SDK, b/c unless it is translated, I probably will not be able to use it.

Edit: I also tried the westside program you said could work. I tried it and does not work. Searched around and it does not contain the alicesoft plugin.
            Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-06-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• I have one good news and one bad one.

Found by accident a tool, that extracts the qtn files from ald archives, without altering them.
              Link
              Just look for a tool named exald there.
              It's real use is converting the ajp files, that are also in that archive, into jpgs and bmps. They are of no use for us, mostly needed for animations, as it looked like some spell effects or something like that.
              But it extracts the whole archive, so we have the qnt files.

And now for the bad news, the QNT2BMP converter (found in this thread) seems to work not perfectly.

First i got crashes with some pictures, but this should be no real problem for us, just go to the next pic. This happens with pictures that don't have any transparency. It still extracts the actual picture and crashes directly afterwards, when it tries to extract the not existing alpha, i believe.

The second problem is bigger, i don't know why it happens, but for some pics the mask doesn't make any sense at all, and this are pics we actually should be editing. The small character pics for example have a pretty strange alpha mask.

Edit: I forgot to add the link to the crasss tool, sorry.
              http://galcrass.blog124.fc2blog.net/.
              Last edited by Count Zero; 01-06-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Thanks. I'll try these on rance 2 today and might post here again later today if I figure something out.

Comment

• The hacking is back on track.

spoiler!!!!

Edit:@Count Zero, I checked around and found that the transparent part is not a big problem at all, can be easily fixed.
                  Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-06-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• It is good to hear, that it is easy to change.

But perhaps you could help with the hacking for Rance 1. The hacking of the graphic archive is almost finished, i guess.

In Rance 1 the graphics are in an ald archive, too. But they are stored as vsp files. Right now i can extract the graphics as bmps with Suzie and edit this.
                    I can also extract the vsp files from the archive and can create a new archive with this vsp files.
                    I have switched the original archive with my selfcreated one and the game still works, no problems here.
                    Here is a picture of the game beginning, i switched the intro pic with another picture of the game.

So the only problem i have right now is, how to convert the bmps back to vsp files. Do you, or anybody else, know a way to do it? Or perhaps any converter from vsp to another image format and back?
                    Last edited by Count Zero; 01-06-2011, 01:55 PM. Reason: Added Image

Comment

• I have never handled vsp files before and have only heard of them one time before. Logically speaking, your best bet would be to find a converter for the files. You helped me so I'll poke around some.

Comment

• The Grapholic program posted by Tooooh some pages ago should be able to convert to .vsp files.
                        http://rapidshare.com/files/38767575/Grapholic.rar.html
                        I think it's called "alicedats" in the Change Graphics Type submenu.
                        (Of course I have no idea about what the game will think of the converted images...)

EDIT anyway I don't remember a lot of images to be edited in Rance 02 Remake. I deleted the converted directory because my HDD was too full, but I remember just the Health/Spirit bars for the playable characters, nothing else.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	cg23051.QNT.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	4838338
                        Last edited by The Rogue Trader; 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• People, I am here today to tell you that we...

(music please)

GOT THE IMAGES AND THE INTRO MOVIE OF RANCE 02.

This is a small step for us but a huge step for......

US!

Sorry about the unnecessary excitement.

Also, there are 14 to 16 images that need to be edited.
                          So, as soon were are done with Rance 01, Count, Rogue, I will be counting on you.
                          I also need one of you to add subtitles to the into (I tried it using windows movie maker, but it sucked.)
                          Last edited by zweiterversuch; 01-06-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• I would try too use premier for the movie. It is widely accepted as a very capable substitute to windows. Also I believe you can get a free 30 day trial for it.

Edit: I have not hacked the .ain archive yet (where the text is).

Do I have to do that too or do you have it covered?
                            Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-06-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Please, hack the ain archive.

Also check the folder called "tl" in the tools I gave you. There are a lot of files with text there.
                              The problem is that I don´t know whether I should translate those in that folder or the ones in r2xml. Or if I should translate those at all.
                              They look a lot like the ones we ought to translate but...

Comment

• I took one look at that script that looked like some baby threw up on the page and knew exactly what it is, HTML.

Well a pseudo form of it anyway.

Why can't it be in Java? Java is soooooooooo much nicer and an actual person can understand what the hell is going on in Java. Anyway, you should be thinking 2 things right now,
                                1) What the hell is html?
                                2) html is only for the internet, right?

And I would say,
                                1) What do you mean what the hell is html!!!
                                2) Yes and no. html can be used for basically anything, but why would you use it if there is C++ or Java. Japanese programmers are stupid.

Good news, I can read it and the xml at the top means that this is a converted document (I think, been a while since I have seen it). The green highlighted part is nothing to worry about. Just code for how to display the red highlighted parts.

Bad news, I can read it and do not know where we would insert it back into the game. I will figure this part out, eventually.

Edit: so translating this is a good idea.

Edit again: each of those script files should each be a different scene.

Edit again #2: The LineNum="num" is very important once we start testing. amount of words on each line will have to be changed many times to keep it inside of the text boxes of the game.
                                Last edited by Thanatos1321; 01-06-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X