Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translating the game: Rance 02 -the rebellious Maidens-. People needed!

There is an english patch of the demo of Rance 8!
    Go to HGTP forums to download the patch!

Read more about it at: http://www.hgtp.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57

Hallo everybody!

Finally! Rance -Quest for Hikari- is done. Fully translated!

YAY!

Now, there are a few things to deal with but it isn't game breaking. All is in the readme.

If you still have problems with something, please tell us. or send us an e-mail, or pm me.

I thank to everybody who helped me in this project, the volunteers as much as the ones who actually took part on it.

Download Link Rance 01 -Quest for Hikari-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0j5k9t6ssshxchv

Last edited by zweiterversuch; 06-15-2011, 02:44 PM.

Wow, that sounds pretty quick translation wise. I'm certain if you manage to do a translation a way will be found to hack it into the game. But are you actually talking about the original rance 2 or the remake?

Comment

I guess it's the remake, otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all, and actually Rance 2 is quite short, so if he has free time I believe it's possible to do it in that time without overwork too much.

I don't remember since I've played it just when it was released, but Rance 2 remake uses System4? if so, those people already translated games with system4 so you might find help inserting the text there: http://bmw.seiha.org/index.php (Daibanchou) , http://yandere.gray7.com (Sengoku Rance).

Actually I'm not too excited about Rance 2 itself, but I hope this is a test to see if everything work out well and then move on to a bigger project, good luck!

Comment

^Ha!
        I just got the tools from Aroduc at seiha.org. What a coincidence.

Yeah, I am starting with Rance 2 the remake. But I actually do this because I also want to translate the Rance games in order ( that means Rance 03, Rance 04, Rance 06. I won't translate five though. That game really ruins my mood. Whose idea was to have automatic battles? a fortune wheel in a rance game? WTF!!! (the cg's are awesome though) so that everybody can enjoy them and know what the hell is actually happening; especially because I want people to understand what happens in Rance 06. From that point onwards gets the SH*T real. That game starts to tie all the other Rance games together and we all start to see the foreshadowing of what should be the most epic battle ever.

I am totally sure the last rance game will be like Kichikuou...
        Actually...it kind of looks like Kichikuou's setting right now, doesn't it?
        1) Cill isn't there
        2) Rance is deperatelly looking for a way to free her
        3) the demons are getting impatient about the demon king stuff
        4) Patton is about to start a rebellion

The only difference is that Cill can't die since she is already in the ice cube.

Dear god, this isn't looking good at all... the next Rance game might be the last!

EDITORS, PROGRAMERS, BETA TESTERS, IMAGE EDITORS, OTHER PEOPLE COME TO ME! WE HAVE TO GET THIS DONE BEFORE ALICE SOFT FINISHES THE NEXT RANCE GAME!!!!
        Last edited by zweiterversuch; 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I'd love to help where I can. I'm a native English speaker and I have a fair amount of (non-professional) experience with Photoshop. I can take a stab at whatever editing and testing work you need.

Here's a sample of a very quick, half-hour edit I did recently:

Before
          Spoiler

And After
          Spoiler
          Last edited by futuredark; 11-05-2010, 07:10 PM.
          Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

sweet!
            We got the first one also! I will add you to the list.

Comment

Luckily for you, someone has already begun translating Kichikuou Rance.

As for getting people to join the bandwagon, I'd suggest starting up a translation page of some kind for people to see current progress and you might also be able to find some programmers..

Comment

Ok...then we have a problem.
                I can't do that at all. Create a translation page I mean. I can hardly mail somebody. Me and tecnology are like oil and water.
                But well...I suppose I could create a common blog of some sorts for the Team. I will work on that right now, thanks Requiemsonata.

Comment

Good luck!

Yeah, I am starting with Rance 2 the remake. But I actually do this because I also want to translate the Rance games in order ( that means Rance 03, Rance 04, Rance 06. I won't translate five though. That game really ruins my mood. Whose idea was to have automatic battles? a fortune wheel in a rance game? WTF!!! (the cg's are awesome though)
                  What about Rance 1?

I was actually thinking about trying to translate Little Vampire (the third in the series of Miki and Kentarou games that predate Rance). It was really easy to translate the interface (open in Notepad, change text, save) which was encouraging. Then I tried to do that same for the script... But when you open it in Notepad, it's really bizarre. All the hiragana in the game is, in the Notepad file, halfwidth katakana. Except for the da, do, and so on that need those dots; they're the normal hiragana. The kanji and katakana are normal fullwidth kanji and katakana. Atlas kind of gave up upon seeing a string of katakana and refused to translate anything sensibly. Though, when you play the game it comes out as normal hiragana... Oh well, I'll just accept having played it myself. (And there's an alternate "Happy End" where Kentarou gives up on Miki and marries a sheperdess called Linda instead.)

Comment

DUDES!

I just created a blog!!!
                    I am so happy I could die!

Now please visit it but please comment here as well I want feedback to come from everywhere.
                    http://rancetranslationproject.blogspot.com/

I there also explain why I didn't start with Rance 01.

now...about that comment above mine.
                    *ahem*

THERE ARE GAMES WITH KENTAROU AND MIKI!???
                    DUDE NO WAY!!!
                    Where did you get those? Where do I get those? Are they good?
                    do they have tons of H material in them?
                    btw Kentarou is a dick for leaving Miki alone!
                    I AM USING WAY TOO MANY EMOTICONS!

now seriously, too bad it didn't work out with translating Rance01.

Comment

Nice to hear that, I really like the plot part of Rance 3, but so poor graphics + machine translation was too bad for me so I gave up, if it's in english it will be another story though.

Edit: Btw, I just read the blog and I have to say that I had Rance 1, it's somewhere(IIRC in hongfire) in a Rance collection which contains all Rance games except Sengoku, IIRC it was named weird, that might be why you don't find it. If you want I can look if I find it again, I don't care much though, as I said, most of all I'm really looking forward to 3.
                      Last edited by Blago; 11-05-2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Nice hearing about this project. I just started playing Rance games (BTW, Rance 1-4 are abandonware and can be freely downloaded from http://retropc.net/alice/menu.html ) and I higly suspect machine translations aren't half the fun as the original text is supposed to be.
                        Unfortunaltely I can't hack the game and I can't translate from japanese, so my help would be very limited. Aside from proof-reading, play-testing and cheering, I'm a professional prepress image processor, and i did for 15 years as a job the kind of edits futuredark showed (just on hugely more complex images).
                        Then, what about uncensoring the game?
                        I don't think I'll be able to do it all by myself (too limited free time), but if I, futuredark and others team up, it could be feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by zweiterversuch View Post
                          DUDES!
                          THERE ARE GAMES WITH KENTAROU AND MIKI!???
                          DUDE NO WAY!!!
                          Where did you get those? Where do I get those? Are they good?
                          do they have tons of H material in them?
                          btw Kentarou is a dick for leaving Miki alone!
                          I AM USING WAY TOO MANY EMOTICONS!
                          Well, Alicesoft made a lot of their old games freeware (including the second and third of the Kentarou and Miki games, and a whole bunch of the Rance games); you can pick them up here:

http://retropc.net/alice/

You can get Rance 1 there too, as you can see.

The Kentarou and Miki ones... aren't H. (Well, Little Vampire isn't, anyway.) Guess that's kind of obvious from Kentarou's reactions to Rance asking if he's done it with Miki in Sengoku Rance anyway...

The first game, Kidnapped Miki-chan (I think), is part of a larger collection or something, I think...
                          I downloaded the second, Little Princess. But it uses a text parser. (Like old interactive fiction games). And I don't really speak Japanese. Typing the Japanese for North, South, East and West in romaji into the parser actually worked, but it would be really hard to go through the entire game like that...
                          The third, Little Vampire, replaces the text parser with menu based choices; so, a little like the early Monkey Islands, or the menu driven VNs like Nocturnal Illusion and so on. It's pretty difficult without a guide, though. (Oh, you forgot to buy the sword in chapter one? Haha, it's impossible to win!) It picks up the story after Kentarou has killed Dracula (as the demon king is called here) and rescued Miki, leaving you with the objective of finding your way back to their (presumably our) normal dimension. Meanwhile, it seems Dracula's former minions are searching for something called "A Little Princess"... what could it possibly be? (Of course, you later find that Miki was bitten and transformed by him, so you need to search for the fruit to purify her; then she gets kidnapped by the minions, so you need to rescue her too.)

It ends with Miki and Kentarou back in their dimension and having used the fruit of purification, though; so, how do they end up back in Rance's world? Is it explained in one of the earlier Rance games?

Comment

My god, so much to reply to.

Originally posted by Blago View Post
                            Nice to hear that, I really like the plot part of Rance 3, but so poor graphics + machine translation was too bad for me so I gave up, if it's in english it will be another story though.
                            Blago, among the old rance games, there is none with a better plot than rance 3. If we get things right and the team is willing and has time to continue with the series rance 03 would be the next step.

Edit: Btw, I just read the blog and I have to say that I had Rance 1, it's somewhere(IIRC in hongfire) in a Rance collection which contains all Rance games except Sengoku, IIRC it was named weird, that might be why you don't find it. If you want I can look if I find it again, I don't care much though, as I said, most of all I'm really looking forward to 3.
                            oh, ok, thanks.
                            I don't have the actual game but I have a "digest" of it that came together with rance 06 so I know how things went and what kind of person is princess Lia (a very dangerous person). But I have to say that what kills the game aren't the graphics, no, no, what kills the game are the game mechanics! People aren't accustomed to that kind of playing anymore!
                            I didn't even know what the hell I was doing for half of the time!

Anyway...it was worth it.

The Rouge trader
                            Nice hearing about this project. I just started playing Rance games (BTW, Rance 1-4 are abandonware and can be freely downloaded from http://retropc.net/alice/menu.html ) and I higly suspect machine translations aren't half the fun as the original text is supposed to be.
                            Unfortunaltely I can't hack the game and I can't translate from japanese, so my help would be very limited. Aside from proof-reading, play-testing and cheering, I'm a professional prepress image processor, and i did for 15 years as a job the kind of edits futuredark showed (just on hugely more complex images).
                            Then, what about uncensoring the game?
                            I don't think I'll be able to do it all by myself (too limited free time), but if I, futuredark and others team up, it could be feasible.
                            I just mailed you without reading your post... sorry about that.

The rouge trader thanks for joining us, your help is surely appreciated (especially with your experience.)
                            Now, I am not sure if we should uncensor the game, I personally don't find it annoying at all. After years of playing erotic games and reading doujinshis with adult material, I uncesor things automaticaly. But if the other members of the team are ok with it then we could uncensor it.
                            Djweish
                            The Kentarou and Miki ones... aren't H. (Well, Little Vampire isn't, anyway.) Guess that's kind of obvious from Kentarou's reactions to Rance asking if he's done it with Miki in Sengoku Rance anyway...

The first game, Kidnapped Miki-chan (I think), is part of a larger collection or something, I think...
                            I downloaded the second, Little Princess. But it uses a text parser. (Like old interactive fiction games). And I don't really speak Japanese. Typing the Japanese for North, South, East and West in romaji into the parser actually worked, but it would be really hard to go through the entire game like that...
                            The third, Little Vampire, replaces the text parser with menu based choices; so, a little like the early Monkey Islands, or the menu driven VNs like Nocturnal Illusion and so on. It's pretty difficult without a guide, though. (Oh, you forgot to buy the sword in chapter one? Haha, it's impossible to win!) It picks up the story after Kentarou has killed Dracula (as the demon king is called here) and rescued Miki, leaving you with the objective of finding your way back to their (presumably our) normal dimension. Meanwhile, it seems Dracula's former minions are searching for something called "A Little Princess"... what could it possibly be? (Of course, you later find that Miki was bitten and transformed by him, so you need to search for the fruit to purify her; then she gets kidnapped by the minions, so you need to rescue her too.)

It ends with Miki and Kentarou back in their dimension and having used the fruit of purification, though; so, how do they end up back in Rance's world? Is it explained in one of the earlier Rance games?
                            Dude, that sounds like a hard game but it also sounds very, very interesting I mean, fruit of purification? (hirara lemon?), dracula (demon lord?).
                            maybe I will give them a try at home...
                            btw Miki looks a lot like kanami.

Comment

I certainly don't *mind* uncensoring images, but I don't have any personal experience doing it. I have a fairly decent knowledge of Photoshop, though, so if someone can provide me with a crash course on an image or two, I should be able to find my own way from there.
                              Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

Working...
                              X