Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[illusion] Artificial Academy Trial & Demo - discussion (10.06.11)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [illusion] Artificial Academy Trial & Demo - discussion (10.06.11)

The official release of the game was on June 10

[Downloads]

[Launchers][Tools][Mods]

[Stuff]
    Yes
    88.97%
    No
    2.13%
    Maybe
    8.90%
    Last edited by Cyber Hunter; 06-10-2011, 05:02 AM.

• Originally posted by jacko5000 View Post
    Use Applocale or change your region setting to Japanese.
    I've done that. Likely it's a specific Japanese font that it needs for non-unicode programs, but I can't figure out which one it needs.
    Last edited by Xiedrin; 05-21-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Well, I can make the entire Kampfer female cast now.
      Well, at least he's following the footsteps of a famous Kahn in history. Instead of raping and pillaging the land, he's raping and pillaging anime. AstroNerdBoy, on 4kids CEO's being honoured
      Currently Searching for: Nothing at the moment. And kudos to jsnut and his delivery of kojin taxi 2.

Comment

• Eeh... about the restriction arguments...

Restriction is restriction. "Don't copy, create original stuff" has been said, when the creation of original content is more affected by restrictions than anything else. For each anime character one person can't create, there are many more in his/her imagination that aren't possible as well. So, the defense could be: "don't care about restrictions, just go with the flow and do what you are able to do, otherwise this game isn't for you."

Putting it bluntly, restrictions are indeed able to improve imagination and creativity, but not in this case. Players aren't creating a new solution to a problem, it's not design, they're making characters from their imagination to virtualy have sex with.

The more possibilities, the better.

That said, I'm not seeing anything terrible in the game, but nothing great either, it's looking completely forgettable. Maybe other features will make the game improve, but right now it isn't looking any better than any previous Illusion game, actually not even at the top, which is a shame. I have a feeling this will bomb and we won't be talking about it for long. If they aren't keeping awesome features under wraps, that is.

Maybe they have a big surprise down the line. ;]

Btw, link for character maker isn't working anymore.
        Last edited by DanielV; 05-21-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• http://www.mediafire.com/?3gnv8g4rp6lqm2b
          here is the link some error in the way link is written its having two http and thats y the link is not working!!

And are the images http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attach...0&d=1299863846 only option for translation no actual translation as of yet????
          Last edited by vishalj; 05-21-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• just a quick note for cyberhunter

the character maker link has a error in it... it directs to "http://http//www.mediafire.com/?3gnv8g4rp6lqm2b"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nininho View Post
              Exactly... I don't think I live in the same world as some people here. Not wanting to offend anybody, why is the color pallet such a big deal? If you can't copy a girl, do some original work, also what's the point of having a character creation if you just want to copy characters? Stop restraining yourselves, and let your imagination run wild. My biggest complaint to this point is the lack of customization in the Male Characters, even basics like Head Size and Eyebrows are missing.

Also, cut Illusion some slack, they are not Square-Enix, they do not have a team of 250 people (I assume), also the time between their game releases like SchoolMate 2 and Artificial Academy is very short by game standards, Illusion is probably trying to do the best they can with the resources they have, and at least they are doing more than most developers on the ero-game business that follow the formula of drawing a couple of girls, then 10 pictures of then naked, a bad story and done.
              When Illusion includes a variable color palette in many of their previous games, then their customers are led to believe that a color palette is an easy-to-include, standard addition for all of their games. So when it suddenly doesn't appear (and in a game that's supposed to boast extensive customization options no less) then we start to scratch our heads as to why they didn't include it. I would love to make original characters. I would love to make my imagination run wild. Don't get me wrong. But when there's a lack of options, it's hard to do that.

As for lack of customization options for males... well, the way I see it, we're lucky to be getting male customization at all. They've never added the option before in any of their games. So despite the half-assed-ness of it, it's still a plus. Maybe they half-assed it because they thought their time would be better spent on the females. I don't blame them.

So I've been working with the maker for some time today, and my thoughts are:

PROs:
              Great hair options. There's still plenty of hairstyles missing (low ponytail, for instance), but what is available is a good start.
              Great breast physics, lot of fun to fiddle with.
              All of the little additions like height and head-size are welcome.
              I also like the characters models in this game. They look really amazing with 16x Nvidia anti-aliasing. It's so good in fact that I can't see how this game can succeed without it.
              OMG a wavy hair-style! I went nuts when I saw that.

CONs:
              As everyone already pointed out, the maker is lacking in customization features compared to its predecessor AG3. I actually attribute a lot of this to the game's anime-style. For instance, you can't change nose or mouth size in this game. But in anime, most characters have the same tiny nose and mouth anyway. What really sets anime characters apart are their eyes, hair-style, clothing, and personalities.

That said, there were still many simple options they could have added to further set characters apart from each other. For instance, there should have been options for freckles, moles, and dimples, as well as accessories like earrings and hairbands. There should also be options for iris's and make-up. And while I don't particularly care much for a butt-size slider, the default derrier seems unrealistically small. Do the Japanese have small butts? I don't know. Maybe the female butts are intentionally small to avoid clipping with the male hips.

I'm not going to address the absence of a clothing creator since there seems to be no hope for one. Although I can accept all of the students wearing the same uniform, it's going to be difficult to accept that all of the girls will be wearing the same bra and underwear. At least offer some underwear variation!

My conclusion: If this game is easy to mod, then it's going to be very popular... because there is so much missing.

Here's my set of girls:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Losenucius; 05-21-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Link quoted below works, also the one Inquisitor posted earlier;

Originally posted by Anonuser123 View Post
                Here's the download on FileServe:
                http://www.fileserve.com/file/BNCV3dB

Oh, and I updated Artificial-Academy.tk
                But I got nothing from Anonuser123's downloads page.

But it does look nice.
                HEY! YOU KIDS
                GTFO my damn LAWN already!

Comment

• Here is a ppdecrypter for the new AA Make pp file format.

The decrypter is Alamar's work, I only changed the encryption key, so if you want to thank someone, thank him.
                  Attached Files
                  HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Losenucius View Post
                    PROs:
                    Great hair options. There's still plenty of hairstyles missing (low ponytail, for instance), but what is available is a good start.
                    Great breast physics, lot of fun to fiddle with.
                    All of the little additions like height and head-size are welcome.
                    I also like the characters models in this game. They look really amazing with 16x Nvidia anti-aliasing. It's so good in fact that I can't see how this game can succeed without it.
                    OMG a wavy hair-style! I went nuts when I saw that.
                    1) AA Have just a little more choice than Custom maid 3D... nothing Amazing (and not by much)
                    2) Yeah the physic is great... but the breast "design" is not really appealling (for me at least)
                    3) Well, the height was also in CM3D... Nothing surprising nowaday... The head, well, yeah, kind of new in 3D Eroge (Well i don't remember is 3D Custom Girl did it or not)
                    4) I don't really like the design... Well more... Something missing... I can't find the girl cute, moe, sexy or anything... just bland and "without life"... With no charm.... And ATI Super-Sampling AA 8x FTW ^^
                    5) CM3D already have Wavy hair... Nothing to be "OMGWTF".
                    Last edited by mirage; 05-22-2011, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Gothicat
                      Ah, no. I did the same things the guy did, and what he did not show, is that it modifies EVERY single hair colour. So the example with the red overlay. Looks good on blonde hair, but you get that same red applied on colours like green, and you see the problem. He didn't even dig deep into the files with sb3utility like I did. I have recoloured every file related to hair, and this happens every time. All colours change, and there is no way to predict how changing a black overlay to say, a green one will do.
                      Who is this guy, and where is his post? >_< It can't be me since i clearly stated, and showed what happens when other colors than blond are displayed like grey, orange, and even pink. Also some hair has their first hex bit set to B, while the rest are 07, and this does effect the ref file's appearance on it. Also i didn't use a solid color ref file.

Comment

• Personal opinion, but AA girls have a bit of Sano Toshihide's touch, not saying he's involved, but the style are eeriely similar, which is a huge plus. CM3D is quite good, but I find the girl are more bland then these girls here in AA.

That being said, there are indeed improvement to be made, but I reserved my judgement until I got the full package.. aka, played the full game. There's a lot of promised there, (they devoted 3 tab for personality there) compared to AG3, so that definitely the meat of the product.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToxicKing View Post
                          Personal opinion, but AA girls have a bit of Sano Toshihide's touch, not saying he's involved, but the style are eeriely similar, which is a huge plus. CM3D is quite good, but I find the girl are more bland then these girls here in AA.
                          Yeah it's mostly a matter of taste...In my case i love CM3D design.

Originally posted by ToxicKing View Post
                          Personal
                          That being said, there are indeed improvement to be made, but I reserved my judgement until I got the full package.. aka, played the full game. There's a lot of promised there, (they devoted 3 tab for personality there) compared to AG3, so that definitely the meat of the product.
                          Well i agree... I'm also waiting to play it.But i'm not looking forward to it since it's from the Artificial Serie... But, if the Gameplay is good then i will put aside the little thing i don't like and enjoy the game (not fully, but i'll enjoy it... Only if the gameplay is good... At least at the level of @HM)

Comment

• Originally posted by mirage View Post
                            1) 2) Yeah the physic is great... but the breast "design" is not really appealling (for me at least)
                            That can be changed without too much effort. What do you like ?
                            HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
                              There is not "yandere" character trait XD
                              Yep, no Yandere ^^;; However!! I think i know how to create it... Use Dark subconscious withLow virtue

Originally posted by StormWing
                              Dear Illusion. PLEASE release AG4 already because i'm a proud member of A.S.S (Annoying Awesome Spamming Squad). Period.

Comment

• as long as i can create the characters i want the creator works just fine. though i would like some preexisting relationship option but i can live without it if i have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X