Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[illusion] Artificial Academy Trial & Demo - discussion (10.06.11)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [illusion] Artificial Academy Trial & Demo - discussion (10.06.11)

The official release of the game was on June 10

[Downloads]

[Launchers][Tools][Mods]

[Stuff]
    Yes
    88.97%
    No
    2.13%
    Maybe
    8.90%
    Last edited by Cyber Hunter; 06-10-2011, 05:02 AM.

• As to the performance issue, I've run AG3 on three different computers, including one dual GPU water-cooled monster. And here's the thing: THEY ALL RAN EXACTLY THE SAME. Clearly, there's something horribly wrong with AG3 that causes it to lag in certain scenarios no matter how good your hardware is.

I suspect that having 5 girls in AG3 was a bit of a hack. Ever notice that the game runs fine when there's only 1 girl? And that there was only 1 girl in AG2? I suspect the game's engine was not made with more than one girl in mind. And since AA supports 25 characters, I would hope this means Illusion has fixed whatever was causing the lag in AG3.

Comment

• I still say that the most dire problem was that AG3 did not utilize graphic acceleration and the cpu was swamped with work.
      Maybe now they finaly dump the graphic work on the GFX. I can only hope…
      pronounced pitsamæn ~ my dreams of future ended years ago. ~ And remember, "outside" is where the pizzaman lurks

Comment

• this game looks so hard to mod by Junior or newer
        the save file only a png file

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormwing View Post
          I... I don't have spore... So i don''t understand ^^;; However, remember the system of AG3. 5 girls for each world. And the demo of AG3 itself already limits 5 girls.
          In Spore when you created your creature it would be saved in a PNG file. So you could download other creatures in the form of images. A fairly neat feature.

Comment

• Spore did the same and saved some stuff in the metadata.
            pronounced pitsamæn ~ my dreams of future ended years ago. ~ And remember, "outside" is where the pizzaman lurks

Comment

• Yeah and it's the same with Yuusha digital. The scene data are stored in the metadata.

Originally posted by isit View Post
              stormwing, how you know that can just have 5 chars in the room? in AG3 was that?(I can not remember)
              The truth is that Stormwing can't know because very little information about the game has been released. He's just speculating.

Originally posted by THENewguy1 View Post
              Those scripts are a breeze for any modern CPU. It is the physics that are killing everyone's frame rate. Also if the texture mods are causing you trouble then you may not have enough VRAM or not a powerful enough GPU. The VRAM and GPU usually go hand in hand though. If you are lacking in one you are usually lack with the other too.
              It's not just the physics, it's the animations which is done by the cpu and Illusion's engine is somehow a bottleneck when there's a lot to draw. I have lag on an i7@4Ghz with a gtx250 with 5 girls in the same location. There's noticeable more lag with hires textures, so it has nothing to do with lack of video memory - it's simply just bad engine design.
              Last edited by Inquisitor; 03-26-2011, 10:14 AM. Reason: Add that it's about 5 girls in the same location

Comment

• Don't worry about 25 char's, Illusion never make one game that have a "f*cking high system requirements", they have something ready for this,i think.
                -the mouth lie, but the eyes no

Comment

• We're talking off illusion here. You probably can't have more than 10 chars in the same room at the same time if even that much.
                  I simply don't believe they have rewritten or improved the engine - even yuusha laged during high effect attacks on my X2 4800.

Comment

• I told them they would have something ready for that, did not say what thing was...

Comment

• well one thing we all have to remember is that this game is not a direct sequel of the AG series.

so it might not have all the features of the other AG.

Comment

• ok I did it, sb3utility for AA_trial is working - get it while it is still fresh

Here we go - have fun with it. It was a pain in the ass to add the AA_trial support...
                        All the credits for sb3u belong to Alamar, I only added the AA trial support.

mediafire download link

sendspace download link
                        Last edited by darkhound; 04-05-2011, 12:56 PM.
                        HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by darkhound View Post
                            ok I did it, sb3utility for AA_trial is working, will upload it soon
                            EXCELLENT! Then I will get started on the remainder of the translation once you get it uploaded!

Speaking of which, the English UI / Save Unlock version I made is getting updated. I've already introduced the visual style manifest to it and translated a few more tabs.
                            Member of the Official HF-modding/translation Group.

Comment

• Anyone know when it comes out any more info about the game? as videos, or photos? I'm here counting down the seconds for the game come, always dreamed of a AG4 XD
                              Last edited by DarkYuui; 03-26-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• have some manual for begins about sb3utility? =x

Comment

Working...
                                X