Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[AliceSoft][2011/2012][RPG] Rance Quest / RQ Magnum [ENG TL? MANGAGAMER? SOMEDAY? PERHAPS? ]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release date is the 26th of August.

Box art:
    Spoiler

Some other characters are present such as Karoria, Magic, Cell, Noir, Kenshin's 2 semi-generic female commanders, maybe Shizuka (clothes at the top next to Magic) and I think I see Uruza's tits too
    Last edited by Rome01; 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

And is the guy next to "Uruza's tits" King Gandhi (clothes only visible)? (Quite possible, but also perhaps Rizna?)

This boxshot makes me want to scream my lungs out "WANT!!!!" but hopefully this many chars won't kill the plot itself...

Well, at least it didn't kill off the gameplay in Rance 7, so here's hoping

But really, when Kenshin and even both Katsuko and Torako are present why leave out Ai? To manage Oda clan? There's Sanada Tourin and 3G to help with that...
      Last edited by sailabc1; 06-10-2011, 01:08 PM.

RANCE 5D+VI TO BE OFFICIALLY RELEASED IN ENGLISH BY MANGAGAMER!
      If you like the Rance series and the company that made it, join the AliceSoft Fan Club!

Comment

Originally posted by sailabc1 View Post
        And is the guy next to "Uruza's tits" King Gandhi (clothes only visible)? (Quite possible, but also perhaps Rizna?)

This boxshot makes me want to scream my lungs out "WANT!!!!" but hopefully this many chars won't kill the plot itself...

Well, at least it didn't kill off the gameplay in Rance 7, so here's hoping

But really, when Kenshin and even both Katsuko and Torako are present why leave out Ai? To manage Oda clan? There's Sanada Tourin and 3G to help with that...
        Gandhi would be an interesting choice since he was way overpowered in Rance 6, but who knows... he's the adventuring kind, so it's possible (and it would be fun having him in the game).
        As for Ai, yeah, maybe they did leave her to help manage things back in Japan. Other possibility: since she's mainly a tactician and a politician, who's expertise is to lead armies, plan strategies, manage logistics and other things, her skills couldn't really shine in a "small scale" adventure like this one. So she stays out of it, but sends Katsuko and Torako to watch over Kenshin. And of course it is also a possibility that she'll be in the game, just didn't make the cover (not likely, but still...).
        Last edited by Rome01; 06-10-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

People as soon as this thing comes out we, RANCE TRANSLATION TEAM, will start working on hacking and translating it.
          Be ready and be afraid...very, very afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by zweiterversuch View Post
            People as soon as this thing comes out we, RANCE TRANSLATION TEAM, will start working on hacking and translating it.
            I just died of happiness.

Comment

Wow! This is exciting news
              Like a classic RPG? @_@ wow kinda good news, but I don't hate Rance 7 System... :3

Downloading the Demo (Although maybe I cant understand any words of it)

~Her spirit shall never die in my heart~

Comment

Originally posted by josewhiteheart View Post
                Wow! This is exciting news
                Like a classic RPG? @_@ wow kinda good news, but I don't hate Rance 7 System... :3

Downloading the Demo (Although maybe I cant understand any words of it)
                Play it and you'll see it does use much of the Rance 7 system.

Originally posted by Rome01 View Post
                her skills couldn't really shine in a "small scale" adventure like this one
                I know this is an adventure RPG with solo chars, but given the size of the cast it might not be that much of a "small scale". More so given Rance will be living in Kopandon's "castle".
                Last edited by sailabc1; 06-11-2011, 12:26 AM.

If you like the Rance series and the company that made it, join the AliceSoft Fan Club!

Comment

Broseph, you need to recruit extra skilled proofreaders taking care of your work.

This was for zwei.

Comment

Have I died and gone to heaven? Browsing through Alicesoft wiki after finishing Daiteikoku (finally) and I see Rance Quest and I'm like "omgwtf?" (Yes, I'm a bit late, sue me). *Nerdgasm*

Comment

Originally posted by zweiterversuch View Post
                      Good news!

I know this is an adventure RPG with solo chars, but given the size of the cast it might not be that much of a "small scale". More so given Rance will be living in Kopandon's "castle".
                      What I meant by "small scale" is that Rance probably won't be leading armies personally in this one, so that probably wasn't the best expression to use here. In summary: Rance will only have a small team under his command for the duration of this game, which might be a reason why Ai was left out. Of course, this is all just guessing on my part. That said, I have no doubt the scale of the game will be much bigger than a simple RPG, much like in Rance 6.
                      Last edited by Rome01; 06-11-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

How did I miss this thread until now?

Looks like they threw in stuff from Rance 6 (a decent but slightly aged RPG prototype, similar character management system), Rance 7 (system interface, character class attributes, turn based battle), Toushin Toshi 3 (3D dungeon, 3D enemy) and even Galzoo Island (battle interface, skill points) in this one. Should be interesting to see if these elements work well together.

Given the large cast, looks like they put in limited number of "moves/skill points" for each characters, much like Rance 7 dungeon / Galzoo system, so you have to constantly switch party members (Rance may be the exception?) In Rance 6, SP (stamina points?) was the limiting factor: every party member loses one point after each battle, but can attack however many times within each battle. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about: I saw a number that possibly indicating "avaliable chances to rearrange party", could be a little too restricting...

On second thought, maybe you can rearrange party at will in the dungeon, but restricted in a battle.
                        Last edited by dene323; 06-11-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Still sucks when Rance gets cursed, whenever he H's a heroine, her level will go down all the way to level 1. But kinda nice that there are a good amount of characters that I remember from Sengoku Rance coming to this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooves View Post
                            Still sucks when Rance gets cursed, whenever he H's a heroine, her level will go down all the way to level 1. But kinda nice that there are a good amount of characters that I remember from Sengoku Rance coming to this game.
                            This is mentioned in the official site or blog?

Also apparently no. of times party reorganization can be done is limited by Rance's charisma, it seems.
                            Last edited by sailabc1; 06-12-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

This is mentioned in the official site or blog?
                              It's on alicewiki

On May 20, 2011, a plot device was introduced to explain why characters like Kenshin begin at a low level. Rance will be cursed by Pastel Kalar, preventing him from H-ing women under level 35. And women he does manage to H will be drained to level 1 (due to the curse).

Comment

Originally posted by Hooves View Post
                                It's on alicewiki
                                About this curse, I have a theory: in rance 6, items such as mushroom / tomato etc could increase character stat growth (phy attk / magic attk etc), however there were also a set of "poisoned" food - by taking a poisoned mushroom your level decreases by 2, and stats drops accordingly, but when you are back to the original level, you physical attack attribute actually increased.

In Galzoo, when you H a heroine, the girl reincarnates to a loli version of herself (plot device), with much lower stats, but gains experience at twice the speed so by the time she recovers she would be much stronger than before (no to mention additional skills gained in the process).

So I have a feeling it's just Alicesoft's way to make you grind a little longer in order to achieve better stats. And there should be some sort of hidden benefits associated with it.

Anyways, this curse would not prevent anyone to H your favourite gals, would it?

Comment

Working...
                                X