Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[AliceSoft][2011/2012][RPG] Rance Quest / RQ Magnum [ENG TL? MANGAGAMER? SOMEDAY? PERHAPS? ]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kuro666 View Post
    Completed the CG. I was missing 2 monster girls, as suspected. 1 was Tokko-chan, other was Magician.
    But still, I have completely no idea what's with quests 1-12, 130-134, 120, 127-128, 105-113.
    What are those quests is currently unknown even on japanese wiki.
    i'm gonna take a break, and finish another game.
    Mind to share the CG file please?

Comment

• Even between the console games Fire Emblem is certainly bathing in its popularity. If it was about keeping it fresh it would have been burried down down below other console games, but guess what - it didnt though it stayed relatively the same. The gameplay clicket so they didnt change that. didnt work much on graphics either, just made the deep story and plot as a must to every edition of the game.

Theres nothing bad to sticking to what seems like the best rather than staying 'fresh' and go heel knows where. There is a reason why Sengoku became so popular and Kichoukou was so popular at its time, while Rance VI and I am willing to bet Rance VIII will never come close to that popularity and sales (thus earnings).
      H-Manga/Doujin + Netorare Collection (+85 GB)

Comment

• I just want another ~nyo game with absolutely everything.
        Mod Tools: Quick XX | Quick MDL Decompiler | Yuusha Rename | Yuusha Loader | GUI Plst Tool

3D Tools Sanae 3D | Noesis XX Plugin

Characters: Esk (Eskmate)

Comment

• Yes, I want Ar Tonelico hentai too But let's not get off topic.

So, again, anybody managed to figure out how to get a proper ending out of Sachiko's 2nd quest (where Do S Suki eats a sponge cake and you either get to kill him by mistake or spill salt over his cake)?

RANCE 5D+VI TO BE OFFICIALLY RELEASED IN ENGLISH BY MANGAGAMER!
          If you like the Rance series and the company that made it, join the AliceSoft Fan Club!

Comment

• Menus and Skills

Could somebody up a translation of the various menus and skills please? And a summary of what the misc items do if possible. Thanks.
            Last edited by JNitemann; 08-29-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Considering how xenophobic Alicesoft is, I wouldnt be surprised if they made their scripts all over the place.

It is "Japan Sales Only" after all.

Comment

• Anyway hope, game will be translated as soon as possible.
                External link removed. Please read the Site Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by JNitemann View Post
                  Could somebody up a translation of the various menus and skills please? And a summary of what the misc items do if possible. Thanks.
                  Menus is not impossible, but are you actually expecting someone to translate all SKILLS in this game? Are you aware how many this game has?

It'll be done when either the translation finishes or the wikia for Rance Quest is complete.

RANCE 5D+VI TO BE OFFICIALLY RELEASED IN ENGLISH BY MANGAGAMER!
                  If you like the Rance series and the company that made it, join the AliceSoft Fan Club!

Comment

• It'll be done when either the translation finishes
                    Has it been started? )
                    External link removed. Please read the Site Rules

Comment

• I didn't really have a problem with the game, though the ending pretty much just directs towards Rance 9. I guess I'll just have a wait a couple more years for Alicesoft to make it, Orz.

Comment

• To be honest, after playing a fair bit (still 1st playthrough, most of the charas unlocked but still A LOT of grinding to do to "clear" them) and finally managing to make agth recognize them, I discovered skills aren't as many as it seemed at first glance. This is not to say translating and putting them all on the wiki won't be a daunting task, but actually to encourage people to use their brains, it's fairly easy, really, it just gets frustrating as you have to retake them everytime a chara is reset after H (which is, btw, the most annoying part of the gameplay imo, you have to do the same things over and over again, as if the typical grinding gameplay of this genre wasn't boring enough already).

Most of the yellow, passive skills are shared by pretty much every character: elemental resistances and bonus points to various attributes mostly; easy to recognize and most of all... well, hardly useful, it's much better to have more attacks available than just some buffs. A few others are either class specific (EX: stealth, berserk, initial guard, etc) and very few (if none) are character specific.

Several of the white ones are shared between classes too, like weapon proficency (choose only one per character depending on which weapon you give 'em. Master spear skill, and your spearman will be able to hit from the rear line, etc), "thief" skills (chests and traps), and so on. Most of the character specific skills seem to be part of this category, but most of the time these are defaulted on from level 1, so you can recognize them at first glance.

Even attack and defense skills follow a regular pattern between classes, for instance most warriors have atk 1,2,3 with increasing damage cap, then one or two uncapped attacks, an attack that hits the entire enemy frontline instead of a single target and sometimes, finally a character specific, special attack. Mages usually have two spells per element, the first is single target while the second is all enemy.

Quite straightforward, even if one can't read a single kanji. We are actually extremely lucky the skill tooltips are hookable text instead of images

As for a translation, no, it hasn't started unless someone else than the guys who did the demo already tackled the job (last thing I read their translator was kinda AWOL). As they anyway had crashing issues when trying to translate various components of the interface in the demo and as such had to leave it in japanese, even just an interface translation is probably something that will take A LOT of time and patience. If anyone will really bother, anyway, as the game itself is fairly easy to play while the story seems to be quite unlikely to really motivate a translator.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuroihi View Post
                          Has it been started? )
                          This was pulled from the hgtp forums, they made the translation patch for the demo:

<<<

Re: Rance Quest (Rance 8) demo in English
                          by Azathoth » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Ahmy wrote:
                          I also want to ask , by any chance would we see the whole game translated ? no matter how the battle system is , i still would like to play it in english.

"Yes, the plan is to translate the whole game, but it'll have to wait until the translator shows up."

>>>

There are a number of posts which basically say the same thing, so whatever is going on, the translation project looks like its on hold until the translator comes back, unless someone else steps up.

Comment

• Is it just me or is AGTH incapable of finding the text box's Threads? i tried /x /v and /x2 but i cant find other threads than the 4 that normally bump which are the title and the character names i think........ can someone help me with this? how do i get agth to recognize other threads?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkuu View Post
                              Is it just me or is AGTH incapable of finding the text box's Threads? i tried /x /v and /x2 but i cant find other threads than the 4 that normally bump which are the title and the character names i think........ can someone help me with this? how do i get agth to recognize other threads?
                              I really have no idea how you missed the AGTH code in the first post, below the bold red text that says "AGTH CODE FOR RANCE QUEST FOUND!!"
                              In any case, try this code: /HSN4:-14@42E08A. It should grab everything you need.
                              Last edited by Rome01; 08-29-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Behold Athena 2.0! The destroyer of worlds.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X