Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[AliceSoft][2011/2012][RPG] Rance Quest / RQ Magnum [ENG TL? MANGAGAMER? SOMEDAY? PERHAPS? ]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it. I see no difference and I have no idea what cyrillic means.

Comment

Cyrillic is the Slavic alphabet used in Russia and Eastern Europe. It's a completely different set of characters, notice that the cryllic г (actually called ge) has no serif (that little line hanging off the side of the r in the Latin alphabet).

If you can use ge (if you can use Latin, you should be able to use Cryllic) you can roll with that instead.

Initial guaгd:
      It automatically гaises your defense rate at the staгt of a battle.
      Taгget: Self
      Effect: гaises defense гate.... .....defense гate + 30 ......defense гate + 80 ....defense гate + 120

Most people wouldn't even notice.
      Last edited by Yandere; 06-16-2011, 05:04 PM.
      Originally posted by xXJacksXx
      It turns out I was a homo
      It happens to the best of us.

Comment

Other ones you could use are ɾ ... ɼ... Ր...

Comment

Originally posted by zweiterversuch View Post
          We have asked somebody to try to look for a way to change that "r" to some other letter or symbol we never use.

We will try to change it to a japanese "ri" or maybe use some acute "Á".
          I can take a look at it if you still need help when the full game comes out. I'm too lazy to look at it before then, and others are better at such things than I am, anyways.

Comment

Now, this is really weird.

One of my editors told me it would look better to leave it without periods. After I was done with it, I actually went back and deleted all periods at the end of the sentences just so that people would like it more.

The problem with the names is something different.
            As you can see here:
            all names are lined up as they are supposed to. Yet some of them appear to be misplaced during the game (most notably: Prima hononoman, Sezuna Benville and Megadeath Moromi)
            I believe this has something to do with the lenght of the name since Rance's name has no problems, be it on the map, a battle or even the battle log.
            The battle wasn't translated either because of a single thing:

Those random "r"'s

They are actually used as page breakers in the item description, battle dialogue and attacks- skills description.
            Because of those "r"s we can't use the letter "r" when translating those things (item description bla bla bla)
            We thought of putting something else instead of the "r" when translating a "_". All people had to do is use their imaginations and fill up the blank space with a "r"

but...it looked horrible.
            Take a look at this description of the Initial guard skill without the letter "r"

"Initial gua_d"
            It automaticaly _ises your defense rate at the sta_t of a battle.
            Ta_get: Self
            Effect:_ises defense _ate.... .....defense _ate + 30 ......defense _ate + 80 ....defense _ate + 120
            If unequipped: Only half the effect. (You can equip and unequip skills in Rance 8.)

As you see it looks really bad.

You might now be thinking, "well just don't use words that have the letter 'r' in them."
            Well, then help us rename the "RANCE ATTACK!"
            What do you like better? "Balance attack"? or maybe "Stance attack?" or maybe "Dance attack?"
            (This was a joke)

We didn't translate everything, not because we didn't wanted but because we couldn't!
            The period thingy, I must admit, was our mistake.
            Thanks for your great effort translating!

On a side note, the screenshot in your post provides a great spoiler: capturing gal monsters. My wish just came true.

Comment

And "Level Drain"? Oh crap. D:

RANCE 5D+VI TO BE OFFICIALLY RELEASED IN ENGLISH BY MANGAGAMER!
              If you like the Rance series and the company that made it, join the AliceSoft Fan Club!

Comment

Originally posted by CDGmaboroshi View Post
                I kind of liked the "teethy" rance. It gave him that kind of devilish-badass look.

and ah, yes. Dot is coming back
                It defiantly fit his personality quite so.

Comment

"Not every PC is able to handle 1024*768 resolution and polygons"?

Comment

Not if it's nearly 10 years old. They're probably considering that possibility coz usually no one expects an ero game to take up much resources at all and might try to run it even when having a VERY OLD machine expecting it to run like any other ero game. The main problem is going to be Shaders 2.0, most PCs won't have that if it's onboard display.

If you like the Rance series and the company that made it, join the AliceSoft Fan Club!

Comment

hey someone have already see it?

ps: sorry for my bad english

Comment

AliceSoft is set to release its worst BGM in the history of Rance games if that eardrum eradicator of a track is actually part of the Rance Quest OSTs. And if that thing actually is the Rance Quest version of "My Glorious Days", sex scenes are going to be a nightmare.

But thanks, didn't notice that video. So now we know Maria's gonna be in it.
                        Last edited by sailabc1; 06-17-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dene323 View Post
                          Thanks for your great effort translating!

On a side note, the screenshot in your post provides a great spoiler: capturing gal monsters. My wish just came true.
                          Spoilers? Do you want to be spoiled?
                          That demo has a lot more in it than you think.
                          I already know what happens in that game.
                          I know what abilities there are going to be.
                          I know what the curse is about.
                          I know who is in it and who isn't.
                          I know everything....

The only thing I don't know is what happens in Rance 9.

Btw, that thing with the crilics, I can use that. Please tell me how to make those. I might even translate the battle text and skill description in the demo.
                          also tell me if there is a way to fake a "w". We can't use those either.

If we get past those 2 problems, Rance 08 is as good as translated.
                          Last edited by zweiterversuch; 06-17-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Wow, did they really accidentally leave in so much in the demo hoping no one would take it apart? That's quite silly.
                            Maybe I had wanted it this way.
                            Maybe I had entrusted my death to you all along.
                            Lord Nobunaga... death is so peaceful...
                            I'm finally free from your cruelty.
                            HF-Bishoujo Games Member #43

Comment

Spoilers? Do you want to be spoiled?
                              That demo has a lot more in it than you think.
                              I already know what happens in that game.
                              I know what abilities there are going to be.
                              I know what the curse is about.
                              I know who is in it and who isn't.
                              I know everything....

The only thing I don't know is what happens in Rance 9.

Btw, that thing with the crilics, I can use that. Please tell me how to make those. I might even translate the battle text and skill description in the demo.
                              also tell me if there is a way to fake a "w". We can't use those either.

If we get past those 2 problems, Rance 08 is as good as translated.
                              Omega -> ω ?

Just from the screenshot I can already see all the skills captioned... Now I don't really need to know who will appear and what will happen in the game, glad I deleted the trial, otherwise it would be too tempting to read through that text file...
                              Last edited by dene323; 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I don't want to have a spoiler of the storyline, but do tell us who are playable (inside a spoiler)

Assuming AliceSoft didn't troll us all expecting there to be hackers and putting all that there to make us assume things (but then again 36k of lines just for trolling sounds like too much of a waste of effort)...

Comment

Working...
                                X