Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

SoftwareGuy's AA Creations DB [v2.2][BACK ONLINE!]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoftwareGuy's AA Creations DB [v2.2][BACK ONLINE!]

SoftwareGuy's Artifical Academy Character Database
    (Or just SoftwareGuy's AA DB for short)
    Also, another big thanks to the people who donated! Much appreciated.

12277 DB Searches; 950+ Creations. Your next AA class begins here!

Description:
    A publicly accessable version of the AA character upload thread. It's simple, unique and easy to use - all the gear is there. Not intended as a character upload thread replacement, it's just a backup if HongFire has a melt down involving the databases exploding into flames.

No need to download anything, just click the URL link in this post, and you'll be downloading characters like mad. The database is sorted alphabetically, and more sorting options will be made available in version 1.03+.

Current Version
    Current: v2.x
    In Development: Undetermined.

URL Linkies
    You may put it under the hammer here at this link.

Bug Spray
    No bugs so far in version 2.0! All old version bugs have been eliminated since I rewrote the whole system.

If you have found a database bug, please report it to me so I can kill it with the bug spray. Thanks!

Other Remarks
    Constructive criticism is appreciated. To the other developers of their own databases, I do wish you the best of luck, as this is my version of a database, and yours might be better than mine.

Please try to keep this thread clean. Help each other out, I have tested it many times during it's development cycle and I can be 99% sure it's ready to go. By uploading your own characters, you're helping me confirm that it's running smoothly. No raging spam please, that doesn't help you nor does it help me.

Other than that, it's open for business. Enjoy using it as much as I did making it!

Cheers,
    SoftwareGuy.
    Last edited by SoftwareGuy; 05-18-2012, 06:09 PM. Reason: meh
    SoftwareGuy - Tsundere Harem King: Tsunderes are my speciality
    Member of inSanity Interactive Game Studio.
    If you like a game, consider buying it. Especially the case with indie H games - they are the ones that try to make new things, rather than the same rehashed crap.

Your database seems good, but it would be better if there was some sort of preview system where you dont have to download the character to find out how it looks.

It would make it a lot faster and easier to pick and choose which ones a person would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ioriya View Post
      Your database seems good, but it would be better if there was some sort of preview system where you dont have to download the character to find out how it looks.

It would make it a lot faster and easier to pick and choose which ones a person would like.
      Thanks for the input. I appreciate it! I do intend to set up a thumbnailing system. I might queue that up on my todo list when in the next hour or so.
      If you like a game, consider buying it. Especially the case with indie H games - they are the ones that try to make new things, rather than the same rehashed crap.

Comment

Sorry to double post, but database has been updated to version v1.0.2. This version has the feature that Ioriya suggested, a image preview. Roll your mouse over the picture frame icon (see screenshot) and you'll get a nice little thumbnail. Perfect for checking out characters before you download. Snazzy, no?

Comment

I don't want to belittle your efforts at all, but you maight have been better served by creating this on a Wordpress site.

Using Wordpress, the site would look better out of the box, it would be easily - and more intuitively - searchable, categories could be better organized in a sidebar list (with child categories), thumbs could be displayed automatically, and all uploads could be moderated.

You might want to be VERY careful if you plan on hosting any "loli" (or explicit images) images in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by garce View Post
            I don't want to belittle your efforts at all, but you maight have been better served by creating this on a Wordpress site.

Using Wordpress, the site would look better out of the box, it would be easily - and more intuitively - searchable, categories could be better organized in a sidebar list (with child categories), thumbs could be displayed automatically, and all uploads could be moderated.
            I did think about this, to be honest. Only thing stopping me about that is Wordpress can be laggy under heavy load, and I'm not expert in Wordpress. However, I am working on a better design for the database

Originally posted by garce View Post
            You might want to be VERY careful if you plan on hosting any "loli" (or explicit images) images in Australia.
            Good point. I'll put up a warning about that, saying "all characters are over 18, blah blah blah". The images themselves aren't that explicit, as they are just waist-up with face closeup screenshots. I can't see anything wrong with it, but I'll still throw that in for safety. I do monitor the database, and I will delete entries that fall into the explicit category.
            Last edited by SoftwareGuy; 06-03-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

This looks very promising softwareguy. The last time I saw a dedicated mod database (that is not uppervolta) was for Sexy Beach 3, and I have been wishing someone made another similar to yours for all the other games (especially Custom Girl 3D....ooooh boy what a mess that is). I shall proudly be the first to give you kudos on this instead of criticism. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SpenzOT View Post
                This looks very promising softwareguy. The last time I saw a dedicated mod database (that is not uppervolta) was for Sexy Beach 3, and I have been wishing someone made another similar to yours for all the other games (especially Custom Girl 3D....ooooh boy what a mess that is). I shall proudly be the first to give you kudos on this instead of criticism. Thank you.
                Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Version 1.03 is in the works, has a nice new theme and tidier UI... ETA is this weekend - it's currently Friday 8:47PM as I write this, and I've got my notepad hacking away at the code.

Comment

Thanks SoftwareGuy. Hope it catches on. I liked it. Now more people need to upload.

Comment

SoftwareGuy
                    Don't you want some type of search or at least sorting function on this page, or maybe you don't expect it to grow really big? Maybe additional text field also (if search function is implemented), so that it would be possible to add the name of anime or game that character is from (to make gathering of characters from the same one easier).
                    And, there is a tiny bug on your page - you forgot ")" at the end of the first rule.
                    Last edited by archmag; 06-03-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaRaptor83 View Post
                      Thanks SoftwareGuy. Hope it catches on. I liked it. Now more people need to upload.
                      Thanks for your comments!

Originally posted by archmag View Post
                      SoftwareGuy
                      Don't you want some type of search or at least sorting function on this page, or maybe you don't expect it to grow really big? Maybe additional text field also (if search function is implemented), so that it would be possible to add the name of anime or game that character is from (to make gathering of characters from the same one easier).
                      Search/Sorting is in the works, possibly for v1.03 (if not, it'll be in v1.04). Consider the anime field on the todo list! Wouldn't be too hard, would be quite easy to put in.

Comment

Alright, I suppose I should bump this one more time before I catch some Z's.

Here's a screenshot of what's baking in the oven. A total rehaul of the system, it's faster, paginated, and that [Placeholder] text will be changed into something nifty. Not to mention, a nice legal warning about AA, 'cause it's not a little kiddie's game.

So yeah... better post the picture before I get too sleepy:

I'll answer your suggestions/questions/critique in the morning. SoftwareGuy out.

Comment

Can I make a friendly suggestion?
                          Would not it be easier and more convenient for everyone if you would insert the actual .png files in the preview window, so people would not have to do "mouse over" for a preview, and there would be no need for "download" link

Comment

Originally posted by fotoshopper View Post
                            Can I make a friendly suggestion?
                            Would not it be easier and more convenient for everyone if you would insert the actual .png files in the preview window, so people would not have to do "mouse over" for a preview, and there would be no need for "download" link
                            Good idea, I like it. I'll make it do that.

Comment

Looks like a nifty program. Suggested edits for clarity and grammar in the disclaimer, as that's somewhere grammar certainly counts:

"All in-game interactions and events undertaken in this game are meant purely for entertainment purposes."

Comment

Working...
                              X