Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[Illusion] Artificial Academy - Gameplay Discussion (read first post!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Illusion] Artificial Academy - Gameplay Discussion (read first post!)

This is the discussion of Artificial Academy gameplay. Technical questions, game reviews and other posts that are not related to playing the game should be posted in the general discussion and FAQ thread.

Do not post in this thread if your game isn't working. We want this thread to be clean and readable and a help to those playing the game.

Don't forget to read the gameplay wiki before asking a question!! You will most likely find what you're looking for much faster than waiting for a reply.

Help and FAQ
    Useful Links
    Click the Show button to see more...
    Spoiler

Game info
    Download
    HF Patch
    Installs the official patches and addons (including the Cold personality), English translations, full uncensor and more!
    Characters
    Cheats
    Mods
    Tools

Please PM me if you have comments/suggestions or if you think that something is missing from this post!
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 01-05-2014, 04:39 AM. Reason: Update wiki links

I haven't seen a cafeteria neither, and why does it feel like I'm in jail? I feel extremely limited, heck I can't even zoom in except when there is an H-scene going on.

I also agree with the people who have said this is lackluster. There is a reason I only keep Rapelay on my comp. Illusion be slackin.

EDIT: Anyone figure out what dictates who wins a fist fight?

Do not under any circumstances, POST LINKS OF TORRENTS/DDL

DO NOT ASK FOR TORRENTS/DDL

Explanation here:http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...nd-downloading

Comment

One last reminder and warning: If you want to review or discuss the quality of the game you should do it in the other thread. This thread is only for discussing how to play the game. We want to make this thread helpful to guys new to the game or guys wanting to know more about how to play the game. Your opinion about the game is valued, but please use the other thread. Thank you.

Gameplay finding: I have found that insistently wooing one girl and h-ing her multiple times will make her stalk you like in AG3. She will constantly approach you and ask you to do her. Anywhere. - even in public.

Comment

I didn't think anything could get worse then SBZ, but damn does Illusion prove me hella wrong and just shovel more bullshit onto my computer.

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. Maybe there is alot more to it then what I've seen so far. Entirely plausible since i've only been playing a few hours. But DAMN, what seems to be important in these games is entirely lacking. Clothing options, H-scenes, and the ability to access those H-scenes....FUCK. I might as well start dating again because it would be much easier to fuck someone in real life then it would be to in this game.

God DAMN, you'd think a company would learn from their mistakes but what they made up in quantity they TOTALLY screwed us over in quality.

Oh man....I think I need a cigarette and I havent smoked in a year....

Comment

Originally posted by AK420 View Post

Also, what the heck is up with everyone eating on the roof of the school? I ask her to go eat together, and she takes me to the roof? Weird.

Is there a cafeteria? I haven't checked, I guess.
          I suppose it's one of these schools where the management decided that if the weather was nice, the students should take their meals
          picnic style. Sometimes, there will be classes which will hang out in a spot rather than another. Many roofs nowadays are secured in an
          attempt to avoid unfortunate suicide occurrences, thus, the roof's deemed safe. No reason to prevent a class to pick it as a lunch spot.
          Some schools even install benches and stuff up there for the lunch break.

Comment

It's rather normal to have roofs habitable in Japan, because of lack of space. For schools it's more or less norm. There are benches, something green, sometimes playground.

Comment

Sharing some findings that may be interesting to some, also hoping someone might be able to clarify.

My main character(Seeks Devotion, Average Virtue) had two girls confess to him very early on. Theres a few other girls that want him(pink status) but have not confessed. And one jealous girl.

I'm trying to figure out what the limitations on confessions are. Two girls confessed to my main character, but two girls(Average Virtue/Balanced desire & Average virtue/desires enjoyment) also confessed to a female character(average/average) I'm not playing. So accepting multiple confessions is not limited to a controlled character.

However I tried to steal a girl(desires service/average virtue) that has chemistry with my character and it was not successful. She started off with pink/light purple status with both my character and the rival girl. I didn't try confessing to see if she would initiate it first. It never happened and then the rival girl's relationship was upgraded to red. She refuses all confessions, and cannot confess to my guy if I control her. I also can't break up with the lesbian for whatever reason. Despite that, my guy took her virginity and she is always up for sex, even if the rival girl is in the same room.

So now I'm wondering if the desires matter or if it just alters success rate when talking about love or sex. Some of the other stats aren't very important either. My guy has the lowest social skills yet he ranks top because of how much I talk to people. He also has average academics and ranks top because of all the study sessions. One stat that does matter is athletics. It affects move speed pretty dramatically, having low athletics on a character you want to play is a really bad idea. It also seems to affect fighting ability, I haven't seen anyone with maxed athletics lose a fight yet. I'm guessing most of these stats just alter the success rate of actions like inviting everyone to study or chat.

Some of you were talking about the color states, but just to clarify there are two different "purples."

Blue = Dislike
              Cyan = Neutral
              Green = Friends
              Purple = ??? I have one character that has this state but I'm really not sure what it does.
              Pink/light purple = Interested but has not confessed
              Yellow = Jealous
              Red = Lover

I'm also wondering if you can lower a character's relationship without controlling them. I tried the "Bitch about person" option and even though it was successful, it just made the girl sad. Has anyone had characters break up without initiating it themselves? Or successfully confessed to someone that was already in a relationship?

Comment

So where exactly does the game read the created characters?

I have at least 4 different versions of the character creator (trial, japanese full, and one partially translated full and a translated full) and I'm unsure which is the one I use. The game's directory does not have a character creator of it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorddias View Post
                  Might seem like a stupid question but how do I actually change what character I play as? I found if I remove who I am currently from the class it assigns me someone else but I want to be the male that I made earlier.

Edit: Well I figured out one way to do it, simply remove everyone then add what character you want to be, then auto fill the rest, or fill with characters you want.
                  You don't have to do that.

When you return to your room at the end of the day, you can click your notebook to change uniforms, see who loves whom, check stats, etc. After you're done with that, click the gold "advance turn" button in the bottom right corner.

Now its morning. You can now click on your notebook to bring up the classroom. Simply clicking on any rectangle will allow you to control that character for the day.

Go back to your room and hit the gold button again to venture forth into the world with your new character.

Change uniforms at night. Change character in the morning.

Also at night, there are four blue buttons in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The third button is save. Use it. I found out how important this is the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by somc View Post
                    So where exactly does the game read the created characters?

I have at least 4 different versions of the character creator (trial, japanese full, and one partially translated full and a translated full) and I'm unsure which is the one I use. The game's directory does not have a character creator of it's own.
                    I had The Shadow's translated character creator installed, and I installed AAPlay.exe in a different folder. The game imported my characters without a problem.

Comment

That snotty empress bitch...she threw herself at me out of nowhere, I thought I was getting somewhere with her after we studied and ate lunch together, and she liked talking about sex. I checked the statue at the end of the day and it said "Dare?" What? We talked all day and she acts like I'm a nobody?

So the next day I switched to the butch dyke and knocked her on her princess ass. Man, that was satisfying.
                      Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

Mmmm, then, let's say I have the 25 persons' class ready to fill the class once I start playing the game, that means I'll have to "leave 1 classmate behind" to put "myself" in the class? Another thing, I've read in this thread or another that you may put in or out classmates to the class and, in that case, they can be "transfered" to another class or school. Then, my question is: Will be my 25 guys' class the only class in the school, or I can actualy do more than 1 class and, by that, be playing with more than 25 created characters in the game?

Comment

Is there finally any kind of yaoi scenes in the game?

I was looking for it because I don't know any H-game with yaoi content, and thought this was going to be the first one to have it...
                          Bisexual as I am I wanted to have the posibility to have h-scenes with both sexes but... is it possible?

I just read that there are no anal scenes but... are there any kind of yaoi scenes or just nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanjikun View Post
                            Is there finally any kind of yaoi scenes in the game?

I was looking for it because I don't know any H-game with yaoi content, and thought this was going to be the first one to have it...
                            Bisexual as I am I wanted to have the posibility to have h-scenes with both sexes but... is it possible?

I just read that there are no anal scenes but... are there any kind of yaoi scenes or just nothing?
                            The males can be homo but the game will skip the yaoi sex scenes.And I guess you mean there is no 3d game with yaoi sex?
                            Because there's plenty normal games with yaoi.Now that i'm thinking about it there might be gay sex on second life.
                            Last edited by Kira57; 06-10-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

The game seems far too restrictive based on the character profiles. If a girl is not bi/lesbian you can't confess/H them at all with another girl even if they both like each other. If that's the case I am going to have to make every single girl bi which kinda sucks. Really ruins some gameplay opportunities like playing a lesbian and corrupting the normal girls or breaking the lesbian girl as a guy. They should not be absolute definitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kira57 View Post
                                The males can be homo but the game will skip the yaoi sex scenes.And I guess you mean there is no 3d game with yaoi sex?
                                Because there's plenty normal games with yaoi.Now that i'm think about it there might be gay sex on second life.
                                That's a shame then... And yes, I mean 3d game with yaoi, I'm not intersted in Second Life, I just wanted one with anime style, as this one.
                                I know there are some visual novels, but there aren't any like this, in 3d... well, I suppose I'll have to flirt or wathever with the girls only then.

But well, if you play as a girl, u can have sex with guys, right?
                                But then I suppose the H-scene will focus on the girl too, then it's the same. xD
                                am I right?
                                Last edited by Kanjikun; 06-10-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X