Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[Illusion] Artificial Academy - Gameplay Discussion (read first post!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Illusion] Artificial Academy - Gameplay Discussion (read first post!)

This is the discussion of Artificial Academy gameplay. Technical questions, game reviews and other posts that are not related to playing the game should be posted in the general discussion and FAQ thread.

Do not post in this thread if your game isn't working. We want this thread to be clean and readable and a help to those playing the game.

Don't forget to read the gameplay wiki before asking a question!! You will most likely find what you're looking for much faster than waiting for a reply.

Help and FAQ
    Useful Links
    Click the Show button to see more...
    Spoiler

Game info
    Download
    HF Patch
    Installs the official patches and addons (including the Cold personality), English translations, full uncensor and more!
    Characters
    Cheats
    Mods
    Tools

Please PM me if you have comments/suggestions or if you think that something is missing from this post!
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 01-05-2014, 04:39 AM. Reason: Update wiki links

• So I've got an arrogant shota prick and a pushy butch dyke, best of friends, shilling for each other half the time and shipping everyone else the rest. Because the h-scenes you can peek in on aren't that much lamer than the ones you're supposedly part of.

But how fucking sad is it that getting a decent fuck is less fun than matchmaking, finding them in the act and going "Oh what fun I'm not taking part in."
    Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by SeiryuX View Post
      Sharing some findings that may be interesting to some, also hoping someone might be able to clarify.

My main character(Seeks Devotion, Average Virtue) had two girls confess to him very early on. Theres a few other girls that want him(pink status) but have not confessed. And one jealous girl.

I'm trying to figure out what the limitations on confessions are. Two girls confessed to my main character, but two girls(Average Virtue/Balanced desire & Average virtue/desires enjoyment) also confessed to a female character(average/average) I'm not playing. So accepting multiple confessions is not limited to a controlled character.

However I tried to steal a girl(desires service/average virtue) that has chemistry with my character and it was not successful. She started off with pink/light purple status with both my character and the rival girl. I didn't try confessing to see if she would initiate it first. It never happened and then the rival girl's relationship was upgraded to red. She refuses all confessions, and cannot confess to my guy if I control her. I also can't break up with the lesbian for whatever reason. Despite that, my guy took her virginity and she is always up for sex, even if the rival girl is in the same room.

So now I'm wondering if the desires matter or if it just alters success rate when talking about love or sex. Some of the other stats aren't very important either. My guy has the lowest social skills yet he ranks top because of how much I talk to people. He also has average academics and ranks top because of all the study sessions. One stat that does matter is athletics. It affects move speed pretty dramatically, having low athletics on a character you want to play is a really bad idea. It also seems to affect fighting ability, I haven't seen anyone with maxed athletics lose a fight yet. I'm guessing most of these stats just alter the success rate of actions like inviting everyone to study or chat.

Some of you were talking about the color states, but just to clarify there are two different "purples."

Blue = Dislike
      Cyan = Neutral
      Green = Friends
      Purple = ??? I have one character that has this state but I'm really not sure what it does.
      Pink/light purple = Interested but has not confessed
      Yellow = Jealous
      Red = Lover

I'm also wondering if you can lower a character's relationship without controlling them. I tried the "Bitch about person" option and even though it was successful, it just made the girl sad. Has anyone had characters break up without initiating it themselves? Or successfully confessed to someone that was already in a relationship?

My first girl broke up with me after 2 days because I bitched her out for talking to another guy.

Comment

• I'm not sure virtue has any effect on multiple relationships. I've only observed it impacting whether a character will charge in to break up some hanky panky and how clothed and discrete they are when H-ing at school (high virtue girls tend to go partially clothed and muffle their moans during school H).

Hell, figuring out what any of the editor traits do in-game is a game in itself. The skill/sensitivity ratings are obvious. I had no idea preferences like pleasure meant "seeks pleasure," I thought it had more to do with whether they like to give or receive pleasure during H. Sociability seems to have a big effect on success rates on interaction, and all the subconscious stuff is a mystery; I don't notice a difference in success rates for them. Talking sex to a perverted girl is about the same as a non-perverted one.

Comment

• The Second Bar didn't increasing (I didn't use the No-DVD Patch)
          Anyone got this happen ?

Oh I find the problem myself
          The girl bar won't increase in her first time
          Last edited by Yagamid; 06-10-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by canthics View Post
            Standing up for this game & Fallout 3
            Lol so true people need to get over these stuff, I'm having great fun with this game. Despite some lacking features I do agree that if features nice stuffs as well, for example, can't get over that amount of H-scene variations (and a full-go yuri scenes finally!). *w*

Comment

• Originally posted by Bond Travolta View Post
              Lol so true people need to get over these stuff, I'm having great fun with this game. Despite some lacking features I do agree that if features nice stuffs as well, for example, can't get over that amount of H-scene variations (and a full-go yuri scenes finally!). *w*
              Well, that's a mischaracterization. I'm not standing up for this game or fallout 3, I'm attacking posts whose criticisms of this game are cringe-inducing. Both games have things you can shit on and we could have a valid discussion on why said things are shit-worthy, it's just that no one here seems to be doing that.

Anyway, gonna actually play this thing now. On my third class conquest and this time going to go in as a zero-H-skill, zero-social nerd loser in a class full of demanding women and tanned arrogant jock-itches. Hits close to home, yeah, but it'll be an interesting challenge. =)

Comment

• Oh no I don't mean it like that, really. What I mean was yeah there are weaknesses in both games compared to their predecessors but they're fun in their own way all the same, and your post justified that lol.

3rd class? God, I'm still struggling with my 1st. load them into game, go back to changing their traits & looks, back & forth, etc etc... But hey I agree the roleplaying stuff in this is worth the while.

Comment

• You know, I really miss that big plastic neon interface hogging up 1/4 of the screen, cause you know what really makes you feel in the moment is being blinded with interface. Not like AG3, with a command-set you had to learn once and only once, and would stay the fuck out of the scene the rest of the time -- who needs that shit? -- No, this illusion game isn't complete without handholding, I need big buttons that say "Cum here and now" before I can know an H-scene has happened.
                  Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• im wrecking my brains out. still cant get a girl to bang me, wtf. any pro tips plez?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yagamid View Post

The Second Bar didn't increasing (I didn't use the No-DVD Patch)
                      Anyone got this happen ?

Oh I find the problem myself
                      The girl bar won't increase in her first time
                      Also note that the second bar will NOT increase with that lock thing enabled during H-scene. Just a heads-up

Comment

• Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
                        You know, I really miss that big plastic neon interface hogging up 1/4 of the screen, cause you know what really makes you feel in the moment is being blinded with interface. Not like AG3, with a command-set you had to learn once and only once, and would stay the fuck out of the scene the rest of the time -- who needs that shit? -- No, this illusion game isn't complete without handholding, I need big buttons that say "Cum here and now" before I can know an H-scene has happened.
                        Note the utter lack of qualification or any attempt to bolster an opinion up with some objective backbone. The only useful bit of information here is that one game has a UI in H and the other "doesn't." I could take your word that one particular setup is worse than the other, or I can listen to the people who bitched about previous AG titles being opaque and ambiguous precisely because there isn't a UI that indicates these things and that the system is, in fact, not intuitive. They aren't right about that, but neither are you, because these complaints aren't a matter of what's right or better, but simply what's preferred. Either way, one preference or another says nothing about the objective quality of the title, only the preferences of some of its users.

Comment

• So I'm a little confused about some things.

Personality compatibility:
                          So does chemistry define both personality of the person AND what they like? Thus two characters with the same buttons here will be compatible?

H Scenes:
                          Which bar is the girl?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryozu View Post
                            H Scenes:
                            Which bar is the girl?
                            It's not boy and girl, it's the player character and the other character.

I believe the higher one is the PC.
                            Originally posted by xXJacksXx
                            It turns out I was a homo
                            It happens to the best of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yandere View Post
                              It's not boy and girl, it's the player character and the other character.

I believe the higher one is the PC.
                              You're right, so used to male+female only rather than being able to be the girl/yuri being available.

So I've figured out how to have each person cum, now is there a simultaneous cum button that happens if both bars go red? Unfortunately my guy won't go above yellow no matter what position I try. My girl though, she's easy

Comment

• So I managed to get lesbians.

Because it's late I won't be playing until tomorrow but there was only one set of lesbian sex scenes. I hope this is because they were virgins but it would be disappointing if there was only one set. Also I haven't found any special positions yet, I doubt there's any in there either.

Also I made a fat guy. Everybody hated him. I even made a character that was made to like him and he still got friendzoned. Just like real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X