Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[Illusion] Artificial Academy - Gameplay Discussion (read first post!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Illusion] Artificial Academy - Gameplay Discussion (read first post!)

This is the discussion of Artificial Academy gameplay. Technical questions, game reviews and other posts that are not related to playing the game should be posted in the general discussion and FAQ thread.

Do not post in this thread if your game isn't working. We want this thread to be clean and readable and a help to those playing the game.

Don't forget to read the gameplay wiki before asking a question!! You will most likely find what you're looking for much faster than waiting for a reply.

Help and FAQ
    Useful Links
    Click the Show button to see more...
    Spoiler

Game info
    Download
    HF Patch
    Installs the official patches and addons (including the Cold personality), English translations, full uncensor and more!
    Characters
    Cheats
    Mods
    Tools

Please PM me if you have comments/suggestions or if you think that something is missing from this post!
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 01-05-2014, 04:39 AM. Reason: Update wiki links

• I'd like to propose a review and revision of the personality type labels, before we all get so comfortable with them that they're left a misleading mess sure to confuse newbies. Whether any of these are mistranslated or not, they could be given clearer identification. Here are a few:

Selfish: I really haven't seen it. She's capricious and makes a mockery of everything, but she's rather good-natured herself. She's not jealous, as she doesn't intrude that often, and when she's turned down for anything or anyone, her affection loss is much less. Self-centered? Self-reliant? I may not have that clear of a handle on her, but the selfishness doesn't show.

Mistress: In which sense of the term? She's really not dominating, she fluctuates between pushy and demanding, and vulnerable and pleading. She may be an ojou, but she's not "Empress-lite"; more like a daddy's girl, and a spoiled one at that. If it's all an act and she simply knows when to strut and when to flash puppy dog eyes, then I'd believe the other meaning of the term, but it still doesn't leave it as clear as it could be.

Affable: She does give that first impression, but so do many other types. In my class, the Positive, Own Pace Affable is the most violent-tempered character, and outranks Rough and Manly for number of fights won. She comes across as a bokuko, but then reveals insecurities about her feminine image. Is there a less complex but more clear label that applies to her?

Faithful: It's been pointed out the likely mistranslation in this, and alternate suggestions that make good sense. Someone more familiar could discuss her.

Obscene: This has been interpreted to mean Lewd, but she's no more closer to the AG3 definition of the term than other factors would make her. She likes vulgar, careless and crass speech, and bellowing more loudly then polite (NO INDOOR VOICE!) though she also uses a sultry bedroom voice at times. The label probably makes more sense to Japanese propriety, but most of us are in countries that hear George Carlin's 5 Words on the street. (Hilariously, from the beginning of my class she's been inseparable BFF with Empress, the exact opposite. My impression is that Obscene is her loyal thug, though Empress can hold her own in a fight.)

Quiet: Not inaccurate per se, but "quiet" describes a few other types. "Mysterious" may be a better description.

Calm: Also not inaccurate, but renaming this or the subconscious trait would prevent confusion in discussing them.

Violent: He's not prone to violence at all. Projects a dark brooding to intimidate potential enemies and appear mysterious to potential suitors. He may really be that cynical and morbid, but he sure is hammy about it. Still, I see how he could make that work for him, even to people who can see through him. Maybe "Goth" or simply "Byronic"? He has a bit of the 'jaded rebel' about him.
    Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• Faithful characters seem to focus on being upstanding and asking about studies / club has much more positive reaction from her. Perverted stuff doesn't garner as much positive effect.
      Things that she tells you when she runs into you often have something to do with being a good student, that you'd lose out if you don't study, and that you should have clean, healthy relations with others.
      I noticed when H-ing her for the first time, she mentions how she wanted to wait till marriage.

That's with her subconscious being perverted. Yep.

So more like upstanding / honor-roll / moral student?

Comment

• Affable be trollin':
        Spoiler
        Best part is this is her "I wanna fuck" face.

Well, she isn't really a roughish type character but more like a really energetic, not afraid to dive into things type of girl. Her run reminds me of Kana Minami, and the personality fits as well.

Btw save game editor's relationship component is incomplete. It doesn't capture nearly everything that goes into how characters react to each other, but it does get the basic green-pink status levels.

Quick explanation of the grid layout:

-Starting from the top right cell, you will have a number between 0 and 14. Next to this cell is a number that, when added to the first cell, will always add up to fourteen, which is always the value of the rightmost cell in the first row. This is the overall relationship level that the thought bubbles tell you. The first cell is the current level, the second cell is the number of levels you have until you are maxed, and the last cell is the natural max level which is...14. The third and fourth cells in this row don't seem to do anything and are always zero.

-From the second row all the way to the last two cells in the last row are numbers that are always either zero or 1. All of these add up to equal the relationship level mentioned in the previous point. There doesn't not appear to be a difference in which ones are one and which ones are zero, as long as the sum is consistent with what's in the first row.

-The last two values in the grid are a bit nebulous at the moment. Testing seems to indicate that the last cell governs some sort of timer in which a lower value seems to cause NPCs to want to initiate interactions sooner. The second to last cell seems to govern some sort of horniness setting where, if you set it to a high value (but not too high, like 10 or 20), NPCs seem to initiate more erotic actions if their relationship permits. Again, this is all probably completely wrong but just what I've observed ingame with a bare class and some testing NPCs.
        Last edited by canthics; 06-17-2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by canthics View Post
          Affable be trollin':
          Spoiler
          That is the most awesome in game face I have seen since I saw my first interrupted girl's dagger eyed glare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcnx View Post
            Faithful characters seem to focus on being upstanding and asking about studies / club has much more positive reaction from her. Perverted stuff doesn't garner as much positive effect.
            Things that she tells you when she runs into you often have something to do with being a good student, that you'd lose out if you don't study, and that you should have clean, healthy relations with others.
            I noticed when H-ing her for the first time, she mentions how she wanted to wait till marriage.

That's with her subconscious being perverted. Yep.

So more like upstanding / honor-roll / moral student?
            I think she has a stronger reaction with lower success rate. Try talking to her about sex twice in a row. The first time, extremely low success rate and she blushes like crazy. If that's successful, the next one is almost 3 times higher, and she looks like she's melting. That's how I got my stalker; I talked dirty to her after she broke up my scene, went from blue to pink. Every time I talk to her since, she's flushed pink, even when I'm talking about studying.

Her otaku bf once stopped me to lecture me about morality. I stopped him right back and gave a sermon about my own morality. Ever since then, I catch them fucking in the public areas. It would be poetic justice if I stopped them and scolded them, but I just smile and walk on.
            Last edited by DokEnkephalin; 06-17-2011, 07:02 PM.

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• i wish they make a patch that girl and boy have all positions.......

and wtf , toilet sure is crowded today LOL
              Attached Files

Image removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrams View Post
                i wish they make a patch that girl and boy have all positions.......
                If girls can have hammerspace double-headed dildos, they could have hammerspace strap-ons.

and wtf , toilet sure is crowded today LOL
                Probably bitching about men the same way we're bitching about them in the men's room;]

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• now im trying new fun : have them to confess , i wont confess anymore

not sure how this works had 6 yellow +3 pink but none ever confessed me

Image removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
                    I'd like to propose a review and revision of the personality type labels, before we all get so comfortable with them that they're left a misleading mess sure to confuse newbies. Whether any of these are mistranslated or not, they could be given clearer identification. Here are a few:
                    Here are some of the meanings for the actual Kanji used for each one, in case it helps.

Selfish: 我 - pronoun meaning 'oneself'

Mistress: 妾 - mistress; kept woman; concubine

Affable: 楽 - comfort; ease

Violent: 鋭 - sharp

Faithful I already mentioned.

The rest seem to match the meanings of the Kanji.

Comment

• Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
                      If girls can have hammerspace double-headed dildos, they could have hammerspace strap-ons.

Probably bitching about men the same way we're bitching about them in the men's room;]
                      Btw, I was joking about that. Men don't talk in the men's room. At all. If they start a conversation, they're either a urologist/proctologist with a professional interest, or they're gay. Either way, most men and certainly all heterosexual men don't want to talk to them.

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrayn View Post
                        It probably depends on their personality and traits. A girl with an easy-going personality or low virtue might change back just by giving her enough attention. A more committed/virtuous girl might require you to actually break up with the other girls.
                        No breacking is needed. Just work on her. Make her jaelous again etc....

Originally posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
                        Why is everyone concerned about the "No Cheating" message? It's not a big deal and easy to clear since most are eager to give you a chance to do so. The "Lovers, for now" message is the real warning flag.
                        Agree and that can be pain in the ass for up again the girl. But it's not impossible...
                        Reincrease her consumes times sometimes a girl would attack you after an i want to breack up message without let you choose.
                        If you win you can cheer her up and that's reincrease her mood.
                        In fact i maintain a 24 harem but i've picked 8 of my girls in one another class and for what i see the lovers of my 24 harems reproduct the same schema.
                        and ennemies too.
                        And like said in previous post from the 5 pages befores, at high harem > 8 lovers you can't change MC anymore or your relations will be a mess.
                        I ve do that with my 24 harems 1 have breack up with my MC 8 had sex anywhere so the day after it was reeeaaally pain in the ass for take back the girl and
                        have a good term with all my cuties.
                        Last edited by shingami77; 06-17-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by canthics View Post

Well, she isn't really a roughish type character but more like a really energetic, not afraid to dive into things type of girl. Her run reminds me of Kana Minami, and the personality fits as well.

Btw save game editor's relationship component is incomplete. It doesn't capture nearly everything that goes into how characters react to each other, but it does get the basic green-pink status levels.

Quick explanation of the grid layout:

-Starting from the top right cell, you will have a number between 0 and 14. Next to this cell is a number that, when added to the first cell, will always add up to fourteen, which is always the value of the rightmost cell in the first row. This is the overall relationship level that the thought bubbles tell you. The first cell is the current level, the second cell is the number of levels you have until you are maxed, and the last cell is the natural max level which is...14. The third and fourth cells in this row don't seem to do anything and are always zero.

-From the second row all the way to the last two cells in the last row are numbers that are always either zero or 1. All of these add up to equal the relationship level mentioned in the previous point. There doesn't not appear to be a difference in which ones are one and which ones are zero, as long as the sum is consistent with what's in the first row.

-The last two values in the grid are a bit nebulous at the moment. Testing seems to indicate that the last cell governs some sort of timer in which a lower value seems to cause NPCs to want to initiate interactions sooner. The second to last cell seems to govern some sort of horniness setting where, if you set it to a high value (but not too high, like 10 or 20), NPCs seem to initiate more erotic actions if their relationship permits. Again, this is all probably completely wrong but just what I've observed ingame with a bare class and some testing NPCs.
                          It's still pretty confusing, can you give an example of what to fill into the cells to get the relationship to red?

These are the values I have set it to:

14 0 0 14
                          1 1 10 1
                          1 0 0 0
                          0 0 0 0
                          0 0 5 0

And I have checked "love", set their personalities and thoughts to be similar but even though the status say "lover, for now", she shuns me with most of the talk topics, and ecchi is out of the question. My % instantly drops to 0 if I dare suggest it. Where did I go wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrams View Post
                            not sure how this works had 6 yellow +3 pink but none ever confessed me
                            (2 x study) (2 x talking love) - (1 x lunch) (2 x talking love) - (2 x club) (2 x talking love) - (2 x talking love) (go home)

after they become lover:

(find place) (2 x kiss) (2 x fondle) (2 x talking sex) - (find place) (2 x kiss) (2 x fondle) (2 x talking sex) - (find place) (2 x kiss) (2 x fondle) (2 x talking sex) - (find place) (2 x kiss) (2 x fondle) (2 x talking sex)

and just wait, after 1 or 2 days they will be offer you their virginity

Comment

• the only thing this game needs, is shared positions between male and female, breast play positions and pussy eating positions.. seriously they really left out some importiant female excitement.

Comment

• This should fit right in here ..

Triggers needed for naked encounters. But dont at me for translation.. I can understand spoken words ( after 7-8 years of watching raw anime then the sub version) .. but I failed at reading Japanese

I'm enjoying my class.. Have an eternal rival who hates me and my Empress (Destined enemy on both of us lol), was very surprised with that.. since she was bi who goes for pleasure and very social.. I was bracing for impact for the time when she goes for other peoples, but she remains loyal to me and me alone. The other surprise is my other calm wife.. who was 2 timing me with .. you guessed it .. my eternal rival . She has no cheating allowed on me .. yet, when i switch to him, she had "I wanna fuck" Bloody slut >_< .. Cant totally hate her tho.. since I have 4 waifu myself (including her) and 2 more yellow more then friend .. including the waifu of my rival :heh: (the default red haired tomboyish girl.

The most puzzling thing in my class tho.. is that im a loli magnet, despite me never initiated any convo with them.. I had several yellow more then friend loli, some confessed to me, which I dutifully rejected of course. Still puzzling for me.

And now, both me and my rival engage in a bitter rival to win the lone oneesama of the class.. aptly named, Shizuka Itou (Tamaki Kousaka, Hinagiku, Shinra Kuonji's VA)

Oh, my eternal rival's name is Akira Ishida .. aka Gaara or Athrun Zala :heh:

Yea, all my class are seiyuu. And they usualy look like their flagship's character.. Like Aya Hirano have Konata's characteristic.. Haruka Tomatsu have Nagi's, Chihara Minori is Yuki Nagato.

Comment

Working...
                                X